Deleting multiple queues from SMTP Queue?

How do I delete multiple queues from our SMTP Queue???

I know to go to the system Manager and in Queue select the outgoing and click find messages and in the search results field i can delete as many messages as i like with shift or ctrl clicking...but....

How can I just delete multiple queues all at once.  We;re talking about alot of administration if i have to go into ALL of the Queus I have right now! (200+)

Our Spam filter is currently down and this is why it is higher than usual.

Any help on this one would be great?
0
Tony6013 (248)

pause the smtp virtual server, go to the Queues directory, and delete the
messeges from there.

--

Omer Maydan
MCSE, Security+
"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I delete multiple queues from our SMTP Queue???
>
> I know to go to the system Manager and in Queue select the outgoing and
click find messages and in the search results field i can delete as many
messages as i like with shift or ctrl clicking...but....

> How can I just delete multiple queues all at once.  We;re talking about
alot of administration if i have to go into ALL of the Queus I have right
now! (200+)

> Our Spam filter is currently down and this is why it is higher than usual.
>
> Any help on this one would be great?

0
omermaydan (98)
7/23/2004 2:04:22 PM
I followed your direction in "pausing" the "default smtp server" but I am
uncertain about the next step.  The Queue directory is no different in
appearance than before doing the pause; additionally the list of SMTP
connectors which contain the queued messages also appear as before.  To
delete the messages I am still having to individually open each listed
connector, do a find messages search, highlight each message, and then right
click and select "Delete No NDR".  What did pausing the SMTP server achieve?
It would seem things are no different.

This is a very time intensive maintenance task.  The author of this thread,
myself, and I suspect a great deal of other admins would like to know if a
simpler technique is possible.  Anyone got any methods?

0
Dale
7/23/2004 6:03:45 PM
read the following link, it will give you a full view on the subject.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SMTP_Virtual_Server_Uncovered.html

--

Omer Maydan
MCSE, Security+

"Dale Unroe" <dale at designeers dot com> wrote in message
> I followed your direction in "pausing" the "default smtp server" but I am
> uncertain about the next step.  The Queue directory is no different in
> appearance than before doing the pause; additionally the list of SMTP
> connectors which contain the queued messages also appear as before.  To
> delete the messages I am still having to individually open each listed
> connector, do a find messages search, highlight each message, and then
right
> click and select "Delete No NDR".  What did pausing the SMTP server
achieve?
> It would seem things are no different.
>
> This is a very time intensive maintenance task.  The author of this
thread,
> myself, and I suspect a great deal of other admins would like to know if a
> simpler technique is possible.  Anyone got any methods?

0
omermaydan (98)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

multiple schemas
Hi; How does it work when you have multiple schemas (all except 1 tied to a unique namespace I assume)? There can only be one root in the xml but each schema starts from a root element. Also, is there a good book or website that explains schemas in full? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm Hello Dave As far as I know, <schema> element is the root element of every XML Schema. <xs:schema> <xs:element name="element1"> .... </xs:element> </xs:schema> ...

Access 2003 multiple if then statement help
Hello, I am having a problem constructing the proper clause for querying my database. I have multiple values used in computing daily averages of constituent data for measurements. An example of my table for my table [tbl_data] is shown below; Constit Value AdjConstitValue UseIterpolated DoNotUse S1 1300 1258 [x] [ ] S1 1352 [ ] [ ] S1 1564 [ ] [x] etc.. Using an if statement I put together a statement for the query to display the AdjConstitValue if UseInterpolated is checked and that works f...

Delete macros

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

opening multiple files #4
Excel will not open multiple files. You need to describe the scenario as Excel ordinarily will open multiple files. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

#Deleted

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Multiple users sharing one inbox
I have one of those email accounts where all mail for the entire domain is delivered to the one inbox on the POP server. On our PC we have separate userids. Is there some way that I could filter the incoming mail so that mail for other family members is moved into their inbox, which is, of course, outside of my "Personal Folders". This has prevented me constructing a mail rule. I can see the "File", "Open", "Other user's folder" but that option is greyed-out. We're using Outlook 2003 as a simple POP/SMTP mail client; no exchange server. ...

How do I combine multiple columns into just 1 column?
In my excel file, the address is split into 4 columns. I want to combine the 4 columns into 1. In a fifth column, use the concanenate function or amphisand to combine the information. Then drag down to copy for each row. =CONCATENATE(A1,B1,C1,D1) or =A1&B1&C1&D1 HTH "scosus" wrote: > In my excel file, the address is split into 4 columns. I want to combine the > 4 columns into 1. ...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...