deleting messages in M drive

Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive?  Is this a good
way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages?
Thanks,
Mario
0
santonm (2)

general consensus is to not touch the M:\ drive - pretend it does not
exist...don't virusscan it, don't back it up, do not touch it...

"Mario Santonastaso" <santonm@campbellhall.org> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive?  Is this a good
> way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages?
> Thanks,
> Mario

0
susan7353 (1225)
5/13/2004 8:59:02 PM
Susan is right.  The reason for this is it can possible corrupt your
database or cause other strange issues.  In E2k3 the M drive is hidden by
default

--
Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"Mario Santonastaso" <santonm@campbellhall.org> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive?  Is this a good
> way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages?
> Thanks,
> Mario

0
mtravers (146)

How do I delete a message then automatically go to next messaage.
I outlook 2003 how do I delete a message then have it automatically open the next message. Go to Tools | Options, and on the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options...it's the first item in the dialog box that pops up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Seeker" wrote: > I outlook 2003 how do I delete a message then have it automatically open the > next message. ...

Test Message
2010-04-12 18:15:18 ...

is there a way to turn off the display of an error message
i have a workbook setup that have several pages in it (for a month) and some math where a cell that may not be filled in yet is a 0 value. so i am getting lots of divide by zero errors. it certainly is useful to know but detracts from the appearance. can this selectively be turned off? thanks. jim Hi Jim! There's different ways of approaching this. Try amending the formulas that resolve to the error: Example =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) This returns an empty looking cell until a numeric entry is made to B1. But note that it will return #VALUE! if text is input to B1. This is ...

I feel like an idiot (but I'm not, really!)
This will probably be a most stupid question. I've been using Money/Quicken for years but I've just started using the reports and planning. On income and spending reports, for example I am getting my expenses inflated when I use a charge card. Here's an example. I get my car repaired for $100 and pay for it with my credit card. I then enter that transaction as a car repair that cost $100. I then pay via checking account, $100 to the credit card company. So now it looks like I've paid $200 and my auto expense for the time period was $200. What in the heck am I overlo...

Multiple copies of messages
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2002.When i put a check mark for "leave a copy o messages on the server" for a POP account,i get multiple copies o mails. IS it possible to have that checked and not receive mutiple copies o mail? Thanks in advance Junai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with ...

Sharing outlook addresses and messages on XP Pro network
Is it possible to share a 'master' copy of Outlook addresses with say 7 users all runningWin XP Pro. And is it possible to share messages ditto? Thanks Richard Tetley ...

delete email that is in progress of send but will not go?
I have tried to send a 15MB email I received through my outlook but it may be a server problem as it is stuff in my out box and I can not delete it as it says it is in progess of sending. It will not go and I have tried for days. How can I delete it while it says it is in progress of sending? You didn't mention what version of Outlook you have, but the following should give you the push in the right direction. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Delete an Outgoing Email in Outlook" <Delete an Outgoing Email in Outlook@discussions.micr...

Impossible to delete non-associated mailbox
Hi, I have an Exchange mailbox not associated to any AD user and I can't delete it. It is not marked with the X so the purge option in the context menu is disabled. How can I delete it? Thanks in advance -- Faustino Dina -------------------------------------------------------- If my email address starts with two 'f' drop the first 'f' when mailing me. Hello Faustino: Try this for Exchange 2003: Right click the Mailbox folder under the mailbox store and then select Run Cleanup Agent. You should then see the red X. Regards, Martin MCSA: M "faustino Dina" &...

AD Computer Accounts being Deleted Randomly
G'day, FYI - this thread was created because I used an older thread to reply to. Meinolf Weber has already replied, see below at the end of my post. Sorry for jumping into this thread with my own problem albeit very similar to the OP's so I hope I can add something to it. If someone has an issue I will create a new thread no worries. We run a single 2003 native domain with 6 DC's. All clients are XP SP2. I inherited this domain so I cannot speculate on how its initial setup was done. The issue we are experiencing is that random workstation accounts are bein...

Sending Message Size not working
I am currently working on a problem with Exchange 2003. I have set the sending message size to 0kb but the user is still able to send outbound messages(External & Internal). Is there something i am doing wrong or are there other options to disable all outbound messages from a specific user account or containter? Thanks 0KB means no limit. That's not an effective way to do what you want anyway. Follow this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "hrs" <hrs@discussio...

CreateSalesOrder Error Message
Hi All, I did CreateSalesOrder using GP Web Services and I got this error: "ItemKey/WarehouseKey does not exist in inventory" How can I create Item in inventory? I mean which method in Web Services? Let me know if you guys have any ideas. -Toi Toi, This has nothing to do with the CreateSalesOrder method you are using. This is standard GP functionality and what it means is that the item number you are trying to use is not associated to the site you are attempting to use on the sales order. To remediate this situation, you need to go into GP, go to Cards > Inventory > ...

"Coult not find specified object" and "Path-File access error" messages
I am starting to see "Run Time Error 75 - Could not find specified object" and I believe it is related to the modeless Userform that I am using. Here are my modeless userform definitions: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" ( _ ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long Private Declare Function SetWindowLongA Lib "user32" _ (ByVal hWnd As Long, _ ...

IM Document error sending email include message error
We're trying to setup Integration manager to send an email when there is a document error. This works just fine, but we'd also like to include the error for the document as to why it didn't import. Is there a field name for the error when it's stored in the database? Any help greatly appreciated! Al, I have done this before. I like to include the error in the text of the message so I do as follows: Before Integration Script: 'start message body for email sBody = "Log for integration of Encore Sales Recep: " & Date() & " at " & Time() ...

code to delete vba code
I hve found this code to delete all code within a workbook. As soon the code reach the line If "ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection Then Exit Sub" the code stop and a failure message appear "if without end if " could you please help me with this issue. Thanks Sub ClearThisWorkbookCode() Dim StartLine As Long, LineCount As Long If ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection Then Exit Sub On Error Resume Next With ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("ThisWorkbook").CodeModule StartLine = .ProcStartLine("Workbook_Open", 0) If Sta...

Do I delete Outlook Express after I have installed Outlook 2007
Can I delete Outlook Express after I have installed Outlook 2007? 2007 is also running very slowly. Thanks Paige <Paige@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can I delete Outlook Express after I have installed Outlook 2007? > 2007 is also running very slowly. No. First, Outlook Express and Outlook are unrelated. You're asking the same type of question as, "Can I delete WinZip after I have installed Microsoft Flight Simulator?" The one has nothing to do with the other. Second, Outlook Express is considered to be a Windows component. You can make it inaccess...

Script to delete files and subfolders in all directories named Arc
I have a script that deletes all files older than 30 days in directories named Archive. I need to modify the script so that it deletes files and subfolders in directories named Archive. This is what I have now: $now = Get-date Get-ChildItem -Path Z:\SQLImport_Export -Filter Archive -Recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer} | Get-ChildItem | Where-Object {($_.PSIsContainer -eq $false) -and (($now - $_.LastWriteTime).Days -ge 30)} | Remove-Item How can I modify the existing script to include subfolders as well as files? This is a slightly different approach but should do th...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

how to delete Number/Custom format codes (2007)
I posted earlier but the term in Subject was wrong, and let me try again. In Excel chart Y axis, I created a format code. Some are by mistakes, and I want to delete them. I don't see any option beside Add there. How could I delete those unwanted format codes? According to Help (F1), I am supposed to be able to delete them from Dialogue box launcher for Number. I opened and select Custom but there aren't any format codes I created. Thx for your help. ...

Sharepoint Calendar auto-delete?
Hello. I was going through some of my Calendars in SharePoint and I noticed that items in SharePoint Calendars going missing. Looking into my Site Recycle Bin, I noticed that they were being deleted by the System Account on the items' End Date (at 11:59 of that day). Can anyone else confirm that Calendar entries are being auto-deleted on their End Dates? Is this a "by design" feature in WSS or MOSS? Is there any way to disable it - in case someone wanted to keep their entries for whatever reason? ...

Link to Network Drive
I have a spreadsheet which links into an Access database, the database is on a shared drive which I see as the 'H' drive, however there are a few users of this file who see it as their 'K' drive. I need to change the connection from the drive letter to the Network drive path to enable another user to be able to update this data in my absence but I can't see how to so this, any help would be very gratefully received. Thanks I checked one of the spreadsheets that I have linked to one of my Access databases, and I didn't see a way to change the query drive lette...

Automating map of network drives
Hi, I frequently need to map 3 partitions (d:, e: and c: in that order) of a local network machine, respectively to m:, n:, and z: from my workstation. Is there a way to automate this task via a batch file, just by specifying the network name of the external machine? Then, when I am finished, is it possible to disconnect those mapped partitions via a batch file? Thanks -- John Doue "John Doue" <notwobe@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:epPSSNKeKHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I frequently need to map 3 partitions (d:, e: a...

Drive space and GPO
We have several DCs in the domain. One particular site Houston has three domain controllers and we deploy GPO to this site only for Houston OU as needed. My quesiton is one of the domain controller is running low on diskspace on C:\ drive. Looking at the file/folders, I see C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder is 3gb in size. I was told by one of our admin that he believes that folder is associated with GPO. I was wondering if I create a new volume and move this folder to the new volume, will there be any problem? Our other two domain controllers in Houston have th...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Cannot reply to messages from aol members
I can receive mail from aol members but I cannot send or reply to them, why is this? when I try to reply to an aol.com message it is instantly returned as undeliverable and saying that my mail settings are incorrect. If this is so then why can I reply to everybody else but not to aol addresses? TIA this coule be a problem with the smtp server you're using... contact your isp (after checking the email address is right !) N "Tkent" <t_bag_007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:up4SQ1hzDHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I can receive mail from aol members but I cannot s...

Deleted Transactions in Budget
I have recently moved around the dates of some of my recurring transactions and deleted and recreated them. Money has handled this fine except for the budget. Under Automobile: Car payment, the subcategory in question, I have my two normal monthly budget items for this month and then three ghost budget items. They are blank with no information. When I right-click on them the Budget screen just blinks at me but goes nowhere. The normal budget items I can edit as usual. My total budgeted amount for this month under car payments includes the three ghost amounts. So I have a fake h...