Deleting Exchange user accounts & Home folders

Hi,

When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the
mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)?  We currently
create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save work
on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will not
delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder
manually?

Thanks, PL

You are correct - it will not delete the home folder.  Instead of doing it
manually you could probably find or create a cleanup script to run once in a
while that removes the orphaned folders.

-GT
"PL Microsoft Query" <PLMicrosoftQuery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D7A13B14-1C44-47C2-A6B3-0DB6F1FBCD3C@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the
> mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)?  We
> currently
> create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save
> work
> on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will
> not
> delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder
> manually?
>
> Thanks, PL

0
GT

Apply account's pricelist to opportunity
It seems like a bug: All accounts have a default price list (defaultpricelevelid). When I create an opportunity from the account, the price list is correctly copied to the opportunity. However, when I create an opportunity from the Opportunity tab is Sales, the price list is not copied? Regards, Per This is because the pricelist cannot be known when the form is popped, as the account / contact is not known. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >It seems like a bug: >All accounts have a default price list >(defaultpricelevelid). >When I create an opportunity from the acco...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Tasks Folder Is Repeatedly Duplicated
Tasks folder is repeatedly duplicated when your calendar is viewed by another. ...

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Batch converting leads to accounts
Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them one at a time. Dave Lagergren On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:28:44 GMT, "Who Cares!" <whocares@freetidet.org> wrote: >Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to >convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them >one at a time. Only way is through the SDK. Write some code that loops through your leads and creates accounts, contacts and opportunities as needed and marks the lead as qu...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Exchange Stops Working
Hello. MY SETUP: 1. Primary server named STECNICIL (THIS HAS WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER) 2. Secondary server name TEC-EXCHNG (THIS IS THE EXCHANGE SBS SERVER 2003) All the user connect through STECNICIL to get internet and every other service... All users connect to TEC-EXCHNG to get their email through OUTLOOK 2003. MY PROBLEM: I don't know what's going on but approximatly every 30mn to 1 hour, the connections between the clients and the EXCHANGE SERVER stops working. No more email for clients after that period of time. I have restart the server and restart the EXCH...

cannot uninstall Exchange 2000
Just finished a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2000, and I'm not able to uninstall Exchange 2000 from the old server to demote it gracefully. I realize I can manually uninstall, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible to keep it clean. The error I'm getting is: Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. The bottom portion of the log is: [05:51:15] Entering CCompDomainPrep::ScGetEffectiveMode [05:51:15] Leaving CCompDomainPrep::...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Foreign Exchange
With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update th foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, an then use that cell to do calculations -- peterthistl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48664 Here's something to get you started: Open a new workbook On Sheet1, enter the following: A1: FromCurrency B1: CAD A2: ToCurrency B2: USD A3: FromAmount B3...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...