Deleting databases in exchange 2003

One of my storage groups has gone corrupt due to a hardware issue, and I
managed to restore an older copy. I created a new storage group and have
created new databases within this storage group. My problem is that when I
take all of the accounts out of each database and transfer them to the new
databases I am left with 2 accounts in each database that I can't delete or
move, this in turn stops me from deleting these old databases and hence the
storage group. these accounts are
:SMTP mail and sytem mailbox. these 2 are in each database. How do I delete
them? Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers!
0
Connie (70)

Hi Connie!

I havent tried this myself but once here in the Exchange Newsgroups I found this information. I just cant remember who wrote it.
Good Luck!

To move the System Attendant mailbox:

1. Change the homeMDB attribute of the Microsoft System Attendant object for
the server to reflect the new database. For example, if the homeMDB value is

 CN=Mailbox Store (SERVER1),CN=First Storage
 Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER1,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
 Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft
 Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mycompany,DC=com and you want to
move the System Attendant mailbox to a database called DB2 in storage group Second, change the homeMDB value to

 CN=DB2,CN=Second,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER1,CN=Servers,CN=First
 Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First
 Organization,CN=Microsoft
 Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mycompany,DC=com The System
Attendant object for each Exchange server is located in the Configuration container of your Active Directory forest.
The path to it is:

 CN=Microsoft System Attendant,CN=[server
 name],CN=Servers,CN=[administrative group name],CN=Administrative
 Groups,CN=[organization name],CN=Microsoft
 Exchange,CN=Services,CN=ConfigurationNote There are several ways to edit
the homeMDB value. You can use the Adsiedit tool, the LDP tool, or the
LDIFDE tool. Step-by-step instructions for editing the homeMDB value with
LDIFDE are provided at the end of this article.

2. Stop and restart all Exchange services.

3. Run the Mailbox Cleanup Agent against the original database. To
   access the Cleanup Agent, right-click the Mailboxes object for the
   database. After you run the Cleanup Agent, the original System
   Attendant mailbox should have a red X next to it, indicating that it is
   no longer connected to an Active Directory object.

4. Right-click the disconnected System Attendant mailbox, and then
   permanently delete the mailbox. Warning After you complete this step,
   you cannot move the mailbox back to the original database. To move it
   back, you must delete the physical database files, and allow a fresh
   database to be re-created.

5. From a client workstation, send a mail message to the
    System Attendant mailbox, requesting a delivery receipt. Address the
message in the following format, including use of the square brackets:

 [SMTP:SERVERNAME-SA@domain.com]

6. Monitor the Application Log carefully for errors relating to the
   System Attendant mailbox.

"Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2320345-3FA3-4BA1-A176-9F0CBCE6C01E@microsoft.com...
One of my storage groups has gone corrupt due to a hardware issue, and I
managed to restore an older copy. I created a new storage group and have
created new databases within this storage group. My problem is that when I
take all of the accounts out of each database and transfer them to the new
databases I am left with 2 accounts in each database that I can't delete or
move, this in turn stops me from deleting these old databases and hence the
storage group. these accounts are
:SMTP mail and sytem mailbox. these 2 are in each database. How do I delete
them? Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers!

0
Martina (8)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

add news reader to Outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to add the newsreader button to the go menu in outlook 2003. Thanking you in advance David It's a known issue in Outlook 2003 where the News command disappears if Outlook is chosen as the default newsreader. Try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No bu...

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Exchange Restore Error
I'm in the process of performing some disaster recovery testing and I've run into a problem with restoring our site's Exchange 2003 servers. I first restored the system Windows 2003 Server server, and then the Exchange Server storage groups, ensuring the "Last Restore Set" and "Mount Database After Restore" options were checked. The NTBackup portion of the Exchange restore completed without errors, but the mailbox and public folder stores won't mount. The Event Log reports a "ESE BACKUP event 903" error with the text "Information Sto...

Delete macros

Error mapi session Exchange 2003
We have this problem in our Exchange infraestructure, and i don't find the solution the error is this one: Mapi session "/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=XY" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". Anyone could give me a idea about what problem have we got?. Thank you Jonatan Sancho Jonatan You might want to look at these KB's: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830836 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830829 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003
I just installed office 2003 I think I clicked the wrong button and it did not import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003 How can I do this now? Export from OE to Office and it's a lot nicer. john wrote: > I just installed office 2003 I think I clicked the wrong button and > it did not import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003 > How can I do this now? ...

Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database #2
Can you please tell me where I would make the change to the DN as described below? Hi, The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a single parenthesis without its match. Examples of this would include: cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,.... cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=... If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active Directory the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly. The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to render ...

How to include subtotals for a database when printing !
I have to print a large database with several columns of figurs, running in to number of pages. Is there any possibility to include a subtotal for selected colimns at each page break automatically? The page break keeps on changing with data addition or removal so I dont want to insert subtotalevery time the page braek changes to a different place. -- M Imran Buhary ...

SBS 2003
Hi, A customer of mine got a new router when he switched to a new ISP. He duly installed the router and followed their instructions, but (not knowing any better) he switched the server over to a dynamic IP, as per their recommendations. I've tried to reconfigure everything, but he's still having problems. This is how it was configured: Router with fixed IP of 192.168.8.1 SBS with fixed IP of 192.168.8.10 SBS serving up DHCP, DNS (forwarding to the ISP's DNS servers) Clients assigned IPs of 192.168.8.11 to 192.168.8.200 Router DHCP disabled Router acting ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

How to delete chart

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

selecting data from a database
I'll try my best to explain what i I want to do.... I have a databse that contains a list of times recorded by athletes over various distances. I would like ot be able to run a macro that compiles a report by selecting personal best times by athletes name for the various distances. the database is continually added to, athletes times are constantly updated so refencing specific cells is not feasible. I currently sort the database by name, distance, best time for that distance so I can see an athletes history but need a method to extract the best times for each discipl...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email