Deleting an exchange 2000 server

Hi All

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server that
doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the
ADSI EDit utlity...

Expand Configuration (Server name)-->
CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft
Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of
the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you
wannna delete and delete it.

Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group so
no email gets routed to it ?

I have already followed this KB

any thoughts will be appreciated.

thanks

0
help4u (16)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:07:06 -0400, "Steve Waugh" <help4u@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server that
>doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the
>ADSI EDit utlity...
>
>Expand Configuration (Server name)-->
>CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft
>Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of
>the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you
>wannna delete and delete it.
>

>Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group so
>no email gets routed to it ?
>
>I have already followed this KB
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=307917
>
>any thoughts will be appreciated.
>
>thanks

Why not use adsiedit?
0
adavid (8731)
6/2/2006 12:07:51 AM
Thats my question....if i remove it from that location using ADSI edit....am
I safe...is that a good way to clean up an exchange server that is dead and
no needed ??

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:07:06 -0400, "Steve Waugh" <help4u@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server
>>that
>>doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the
>>ADSI EDit utlity...
>>
>>Expand Configuration (Server name)-->
>>CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft
>>Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of
>>the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you
>>wannna delete and delete it.
>>

>>Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group
>>so
>>no email gets routed to it ?
>>
>>I have already followed this KB
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=307917
>>
>>any thoughts will be appreciated.
>>
>>thanks
>>

> Why not use adsiedit?

0
help4u (16)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Exchange Restore Error
I'm in the process of performing some disaster recovery testing and I've run into a problem with restoring our site's Exchange 2003 servers. I first restored the system Windows 2003 Server server, and then the Exchange Server storage groups, ensuring the "Last Restore Set" and "Mount Database After Restore" options were checked. The NTBackup portion of the Exchange restore completed without errors, but the mailbox and public folder stores won't mount. The Event Log reports a "ESE BACKUP event 903" error with the text "Information Sto...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Cannot connect to SQL2005 server on Vista Business
I did a new installation of GP 10 on a Vista Business computer, my Dynamics database is on a SQL 2005 server, all other clients is using XP computer to access to it without problem. After new installation of GP 10, I applied a SP4 of GP 10 on top, then I ran the GP Utility program but I found that I got stucked on product version validation process, then I forced it to close and check my ODBC connection to SQL2005 server. But I found that the SQL Native Client cannot access to database, I believed that this is the reason why I got stucked while running GP Utility. I have e...

saving users exchange profile
I have a couple of user accounts that are for employees no longer with the company. I would like to delete these accounts, but make a backup of the information in their exchange profile in case that information is needed in the future. Is there any way to achieve this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01CB0981.39DE4410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Open Outlook as them and export mailbox to a .pst and save it somewhere --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-C...

exchange 2000 to 2003 #2
Hello, My org is considering migrating to exc2k3 from exc2k. Currently all our servers run on win2k and the domain is in native mode. We already run exc2k enterprise due to storage requirements. Can you let me know what we would need software wise to move to win2k3/exc2k3, including CALS. Would we needs exc2k3 enterprise? Do you have any good docs on uprading the AD/Exchange from 2k to 2k3? Thanks. You really need to check with your MS reseller on licensing. Whether you need Exchange Enterprise is really dependent on your needs. Two of the biggest limitations with standard are a si...

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

#Deleted

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...