Deleted SystemMailbox user account

Hello all...
    I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Some kind soul was deleting
disabled accounts, and blew out the SystemMailbox accounts as well. The
actual mailbox is still there, so it's possible that the user account (now
tombstoned) may be recoverable. If I right-click on the mailbox, I have the
option to Reconnect it to a user account.
    Is there any reason why I can't re-create the SystemMailbox account,
following the instructions in Microsoft article 316622, except without
creating the mailbox? Then, reconnect the existing mailbox with the new user
account. I understand I may have to add the Self object, as detailed at the
end of that article.
    Or, would it be easier to recover the tombstoned account? Can someone
point me to info on doing this?
Thank you for your time.

Ed

0
ed.jackson (63)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Analytical Accounting needs to be incorporated in PO Returns
Currently Analytical Accounting is not incorporated in the PO Returns module. This functionality MUST be introduced to provide a complete solution. At present there is a very fragmented, time consuming workaround. This functionality is assumed and is very dissapointing to find it is not present in the software. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

received messages randomly in either of two accounts
I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail accounts with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account. When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although the senders are sendin to the Sky.com account. How can this happen. Why would you expect to see an incoming message in both of your = accounts? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Bryan1345" wrote in message = news:BAECB568-9A33-40DE-A63E-4792DE53658B@microsoft.com... I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail = accounts with it, a Hotmail ...

Delete macros

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

How to generate reports using certain accounts
Hello all, I am using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I inputed my online Banking logon information and MS Money retrives all of my accounts linked to that logon (5 accounts). Now there are only two accounts that I want to have MS Money manage and generate reports for. I have "closed" the remaining 3 accounts within MS Money so that the two I want are showing as open. However, when I choose to generate a monthly report it includes transactions from all of the accounts linked to my banking login info. I have searched and searched for a filter to disclude those unwanted accounts, but no...

OWA not allowing child users
I have a child domain and the users in the child domain can open their emails that reside on the root normaly, but when trying to use OutlookWebAccess internaly or externaly they are not allowed. I tryed giving full access to exchage folder for those users, I also change the settings of Default web site to \. I also gave users the right to logon locally to the exchange server. Any ideas please help ...

When I search this group w/my user name nothing from 2010 comes up
Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? Try clicking on your own name, this opens your profile pop-up. In the pop-up, click on "Recent posts by this user". I just tried it and it displayed a couple of your 2010 posts somewhere further down in the listing. -- Max Singapore --- "Meenie" wrote: > Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? The web interface for this newsgroup doesn't work so well. You could access the newsgroup directly using a newsreader instead at this address news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.mi...

Deleting an email

saving users exchange profile
I have a couple of user accounts that are for employees no longer with the company. I would like to delete these accounts, but make a backup of the information in their exchange profile in case that information is needed in the future. Is there any way to achieve this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01CB0981.39DE4410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Open Outlook as them and export mailbox to a .pst and save it somewhere --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-C...

Can't import file into loan account
I thought I'd posted this yesterday - but can't find it in the forum now! I have an offset mortgage account whereby we can put money onto and take money off of our mortgage. As such we can download the transaction details for importing into quicken/money. I could do this before I associated the account with a loan. Now that I've associated it with a loan, the system no longer offers me these loan accounts on the import utility. Does anyone know a way to get around this without losing the use of the financial planner? Thanks, Tim In microsoft.public.money, Tim Dadd w...

Network User Name Link On Forms
We run on a novell network. Most of our office databases/documents hav a field for Name, or Initials. We want to link the excel forms to th user name and/or initals so the fields are filled in every tim automatically. We created a user id file, and placed it on a couple of machines Problem is, when linking to it, databases show every field belonging t that specific user. We want it to the run the link formula, plug in the user name, and the make it text so that it stays in the database showing the user tha assigned the field. Should we link to a file on each users hard drive? Should we l...

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

#Deleted