Deleted Items Retention #3

I have a question about the Deleted items retention period. When a user
highlights messages from their inbox and does a shift delete without sending
them to the deleted items folder, are they recoverable with the deleted
itmems retention feature with Exchange by going to tools recover deleted
items whithin Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

Chad
0
ChadGuiney (12)

This may help shed some more light on Deleted Item Retention, including your
particular question about shift-delete.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249680

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Chad Guiney" <ChadGuiney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a question about the Deleted items retention period. When a user
> highlights messages from their inbox and does a shift delete without
> sending
> them to the deleted items folder, are they recoverable with the deleted
> itmems retention feature with Exchange by going to tools recover deleted
> items whithin Outlook?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chad

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/6/2006 7:56:46 PM
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:51:02 -0800, Chad Guiney
<ChadGuiney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a question about the Deleted items retention period. When a user
>highlights messages from their inbox and does a shift delete without sending
>them to the deleted items folder, are they recoverable with the deleted
>itmems retention feature with Exchange by going to tools recover deleted
>items whithin Outlook?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Chad

Yep.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205
"Deleted items are not available after you use "Recover Deleted Items"
in Outlook 2003"
0
adavid (8731)

how to delete a store in HQ
we deleted a store that we closed down, but in store quantity (Item> Properties) there is still showing the the Store ID. We want to use back the same Store ID What is the right way to do this. Can this be done?? you should have transferred the inventory to wherever the merchandise went so the accounting works right, but to remove the entries from the item store quantity page, try this sql command: delete from itemdynamic where storeid= (store number) Reusing the store number is a bad idea, you are better off using a new number. There are many places where new data wil...

can i delete an email and skip the delete file as a single step
Can I delete an email finally without sending it first to the delete file. Can I save a step? Use SHIFT+DELETE. This works on files within Windows as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hugh" <Hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5940453A-705B-4A85-9766-B05B55EF1FD8@microsoft.com... > Can I delete an email finally without sending it f...

how do i retrieve an unnamed deleted document
I was working on a paper and I did not save the document I mistakingly deleted it, is there a way I can get that paper back? If you didn't save the document, you cannot retrieve the changes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Puddyn" <Puddyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFD4FB4E-F998-465E-9218-0222450E300B@microsoft.com... >I was working on a paper and I did not save the document I mistakingly > deleted it, is there a way I can get that paper back? If nothing was saved, there is nothing to recover. On Dec 11, 7:11=A0a...

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook #3
I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook". I've reinstalled Office 2000 and still get the same message. Any ideas? 1) try running scanpst.exe on your Personal Folder 2) try renaming outcmd.dat to .old and restart Outlook. All the Toolbars will reset then. This is quite a common problem with Outlook . The default location for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook 3) try recreating the profile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles 4) try running Outlook with the /safe switch from your St...

CRM 3.0 The attachment is either not a valid type or is too large
Hello, Email routing appears to be working in CRM properly. Outgoing emails are being sent with and without attachements. Incoming emails are only being tracked when a user presses the Track In CRM button on their Outlook CRM Toolbar. Emails without attachments are being tracked properly. However, if an email has an attachment, the following error comes up: CRM 3.0 The attachment is either not a valid type or is too large I have tried to test this with txt file that was 5 KB and it gave the same error message. I have verified on the server's registry that the maximum attachment siz...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 11-29-09
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit, but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible that my video card is using RAM instead of its own RAM. If I install a video card with its own RAM, will the full 4GB be available? Thanks. Little has changed in this respect in Windows 7. Starting wit...

How to I delete directories with files.
How to I delete directories with files. Thank You. ;o) You should be able to use the SHFileOperation() API. See if the following link helps you. http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/04/c/ -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Renato T. Forti" <renato@dynamic-e.net> wrote in message news:eprdwWaRDHA.1072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How to I delete directories with files. > > > > Thank You. ;o) > > ...

Delete tax details
We have over 250 tax details set up from when we computed tax using Dynamics GP. We now use Avatax for US tax and have a few foreign countries set up for VAT. Since most of the tax details were previously used on invoices, but are no longer needed can they be deleted? Thanks! You should be able to remove them as long as you remove their history too. To remove the history you will need to delete the records from the TX30000 table. Make sure to try this in a test environment first. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www...

Money including transactions from "deleted" accounts.
I have several checking acctouns with the same bank. Money auto-pulls updates from all of them. Two of the acctounts are "personal spending" for me and my wife. These contain "disposable" monies, and I don't care to categorise this spending. I've marked these two accounts as "closed" but Money still incorporates transactions from those acctounts into any Report I make. I noticed that although I marked the two acctounts as closed, and I don't see them in the acctounts register, Money is still pulling updates from these acctounts. When I try...

Can Exchange 2003 empty Outlook Deleted Items Folder
How do I configure Exchange 2003 SP2 to empty old items my users' Outlook Deleted Items folder? Thanks, Mike Ober. As far as I know, you have to configure this in Outlook for each user. There aren't any settings within Exchange for this that I have seen. Hope you don't have too many users! Andy You will have to create a Mailbox Manager policy. 1. Open ESM 2. Expand the Recipients container, select the Recipient policies container, then right-click on Recipient policies and choose New, then Recipient Policy. 3. Check the Mailbox Manager settings option and click OK 4. G...

move mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003, users can't delete items
We've been moving mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 box to an Exchange 2003 SP2 system. The moves seem to work fine (no errors) but when some users go into Outlook and try to delete messages from the "deleted items" folder, they can't. No error messages occur, nothing happens. If you do a SHIFT-DEL, then the items can be deleted. We've also noticed that the "recover deleted items" option is greyed out. The client systems that seem to have the most problems are those users running Outlook 2000. I tested creating a user account with a mailbox on the 5.5 box. Sen...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

office shortcut bar
I see through a Google search that the geniuses at Microsoft did not put the Office Shortcut Bar (OSB) in Office 2003. I like and use the Windows Quick Launch Bar for my applications. After several years of using ACT! (3.x through 2005) to manage my business I am migrating to Outlook 2003 (with Business Contact Manager). I remember from an old work PC that, via the Office '97 Shortcut Bar, I could quickly add tasks and calendar items to Outlook (without opening Outlook). How can I directly access the tasks and calendar to add items via the Windows Quick Launch Bar? Since I did a clean inst...

CDialog
I've got a simple menu, created it in the resource editor and made it the menu for my main Dialog window. (CRSMDlg) How do I get my menu to display a check / tick box next to the item when I click on it. I tried adding the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI event handler but no matter what I do the menu item is not "ticked" : void CRSMDlg::OnUpdateOps(CCmdUI *pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck(1); } Is there an update / repaint method I must call, some property I must set on the Dialog box to inform it ? Also I found that the shortcut keys does not display when you click on File, but...

How do I access sent items from another persons email?
I have been designated as an editor on my boss' email. I can view all the received items but not the sent ones. How do I access his sent items? He needs to give you permission to view that folder. He needs to right click on the sent folder and choose properties, then permissions tab to add your acct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO...

Calendar Items created in Outlook Web Access do not show up in Outlook 2003 sp2 in Cached Mode
I am having the strangest global problem (problem can be recreated with any user on any Windows XP sp2 machine with Outlook 2003 sp2) If a user creates a Calendar item in Outlook Web Access then the item never shows up in Outlook 2003 sp2 in cached mode on their desktop. If you change the Outlook client to online mode (uncheck cached mode) and restart outlook then the item shows up just fine. But switch back to Cached mode and the item is gone again. The other interesting thing about this problem is that if you happen to be in your calendar in Outlook 2003 and you then open OWA and cr...

Delete Query 01-04-08
I have a simple query- dates on one table and Data (approx 20 columns) inc dates on another. I want to delete from the large table all data pertaining to the dates on the smaller table. I was looking to run a delete query to do this- can you help? -- Thanks for your help The SQL of the Delete query would look like DELETE FROM LargeTable WHERE LargeTable.DateField in (SELECT DateField FROM SmallTable) IF you can only use the QBE (Design View - query grid) then -- Open a new query -- Select the Large Table -- Select the DateField -- TYPE in the criteria under the date field - something...

OL2003 Cached Mode, problem when deleting e-mails
I received an e-mail today from a frustrated client, quoted below. "For some reason since we have started the server, when I go to Junk email or deleted email and try to clean it out...Instead of deleting the ones I highlight they multiply.... Help what do I do? Check in my deleted folder..... nightmare!" I checked the user's deleted items folder, and indeed there are a set of e-mails of which there are some 1 dozen copies of each message. Less than a couple dozen instances of this, but enough to make your head spin. I checked with the user and was informed that these dupl...

Conditional Formatting with 3 Criteria Options
I would like a Cell's Text to turn green if A1=B1, but turn red if A1<>B1, and no formatting if B1 is blank. What is the best way to go about this? I have excel2007. With that cell active, use Home/Conditional Formatting, use new Rule, use Use a formula to determine which cells to format and enter this formula: =AND(A1<>B1,B1<>"") then click format/fill/red then do another New Rule and use =AND(A1=B1,B1<>"") then click format/fill/green. HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Nickle" <Nickle@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Delete old chartobject and create a new named one?
Hi, I need a subroutine that delete the old chartobject in a worksheet, create a new chartobject , name it as I want. Reason is that if the user delete the chart, I want to recreate it. I know how to protect it but feel that the user had to be able to change labels, colors etc. More than grateful to every suggestion! Kind regards tskogstrom Hi, This will delete a chart object, but not sure how you are identifying which chart object. Activesheet.chartobjects(1).delete ' create and give it a name with Activesheet.chartobjects.add(1,1,400,300) .name = "MyName" end with...

Alerts disabled in DoEvents loop
When running a macro that includes a loop with DoEvents alert messages are not shown to the user. In my case locked cells of protected Worksheets do not allow data entry but do not alert the user as to why. Even more problematic the content of these protected cells are delete when the delete key is pressed! This does not occur if the macro is not running. Instead an alert dialog is displayed and the action is cancelled. The problem can be reproduced with the following steps: 1. Create a Workbook and set all cells in a Worksheet to locked 2. Enter values into some of the cells 3. Prot...

deleted account
Help! I thought I was deleting an account from my floppy but it deleted off of my Money 99. ALL of my checking and savings account info is gone! Is there any way to restore it? Please tell me there is. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Amy wrote: >Help! I thought I was deleting an account from my floppy >but it deleted off of my Money 99. ALL of my checking and >savings account info is gone! Is there any way to restore >it? Please tell me there is. Thanks! If by "account" you mean Money file, perhaps it is in your "Recycle Bin" on your comp...

Returns Management #3
Hi: I have noticed that some companies use the Returns Management module, even if they do not use or have Project Accounting. This is in cases where customers who use Sales Order Processing very heavily want an easy and almost automated way of creating a return document without having to create such a document from scratch and enter each line item manually from the original invoice. If you are just using Returns Management to accomplish these basic SOP return needs, is there anything else that needs to be done with Returns Management? Is there any other setup required other than the...

Solver #3
When you save your solver summary into Scenerio, shouldn't the orginal data display for comparision. Both columns show the same information ...

Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message
Hi all Please excuse me asking this question here but I get little help from Symantec! I'm using Norton Internet Security 2004 with Outlook 2004 and I'm continually receiving the following email in my Inbox Subject: Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message Message Body: From: henry.capelle@mailhec.net To: john@datasafe.org.uk Subject: Mail Delivery (failure john@datasafe.org.uk) I have no idea who henry.capelle@mailhec.net is!! I've disabled scanning of outgoing emails, disabled spam detecion but still get the emails. Anyone help? Regards John Please post a solution someone...