Deleted Items in Cached Exchange Mode

I currently have users connecting to Exchange 2003 SP1 using Outlook
2003 SP2 in cached Exchange mode.  I am coming across occasional users
who are hitting their mailbox limit even though their mailbox seems
quite empty.

On further investigation it seems that users have been religiously
emptying their deleted items in cached mode but when I use webmail to
check their server version it has loads of deleted items still sitting
in the deleted items folder.

Is there any particular reason why the synchronisation between OST and
server would fail but only for deleted items?

Thanks

Richard

0
re160 (3)

<re160@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have users connecting to Exchange 2003 SP1 using Outlook
> 2003 SP2 in cached Exchange mode.  I am coming across occasional users
> who are hitting their mailbox limit even though their mailbox seems
> quite empty.
>
> On further investigation it seems that users have been religiously
> emptying their deleted items in cached mode but when I use webmail to
> check their server version it has loads of deleted items still sitting
> in the deleted items folder.
>
> Is there any particular reason why the synchronisation between OST and
> server would fail but only for deleted items?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

Check to see what's in the 'sync issues' folder in Outlook for these users.
Do they see "connected" and "all folders are up to date" in the status bar
at the bottom of Outlook?

0
lanwench (7567)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Item wise balance in Pivot Table
I want to get item wise balance in Pivot Table, I tried to enter formula in pivot table and it works but whenever the new item insert it does not show and I have to copy formula for each item, can anyone help me Thanks in Advance Abdul Samad abdul.samad@siza.com.pk ...

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Exchange Restore Error
I'm in the process of performing some disaster recovery testing and I've run into a problem with restoring our site's Exchange 2003 servers. I first restored the system Windows 2003 Server server, and then the Exchange Server storage groups, ensuring the "Last Restore Set" and "Mount Database After Restore" options were checked. The NTBackup portion of the Exchange restore completed without errors, but the mailbox and public folder stores won't mount. The Event Log reports a "ESE BACKUP event 903" error with the text "Information Sto...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Dial-tone restore in Mixed mode
Greetings. Currently we are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2KS SP4, (all security updates) and Exchange 2K3 SP1 on W2K3 (once again, all security updates in place). Recently, we had a hard power outage and unfortunately, the battery on the RAID controller chose to die at that moment and the E00tmp.log file was lost, preventing Exchange from recovering. With no other recovery option available, renamed the MDBDATA folder, created a new one, started the services and mounted the stores, thus creating new data stores for both the public and private. After replication, a rather odd thing happe...

How to delete chart

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...

Delete blank Last page

saving users exchange profile
I have a couple of user accounts that are for employees no longer with the company. I would like to delete these accounts, but make a backup of the information in their exchange profile in case that information is needed in the future. Is there any way to achieve this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01CB0981.39DE4410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Open Outlook as them and export mailbox to a .pst and save it somewhere --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-C...

Deleting an email

exchange 2000 to 2003 #2
Hello, My org is considering migrating to exc2k3 from exc2k. Currently all our servers run on win2k and the domain is in native mode. We already run exc2k enterprise due to storage requirements. Can you let me know what we would need software wise to move to win2k3/exc2k3, including CALS. Would we needs exc2k3 enterprise? Do you have any good docs on uprading the AD/Exchange from 2k to 2k3? Thanks. You really need to check with your MS reseller on licensing. Whether you need Exchange Enterprise is really dependent on your needs. Two of the biggest limitations with standard are a si...

Standard Item Store Qty Tab
We are having discrepancies in our inventory reporting. We went to the Store this morning and completed the Physical Inventory We requested the Store Quantity from HQ (Worksheet 501) We Connected HQ Client @ the Store We then completed the Wizard Task 190 at HQ The physical count of our item is 24 The Store Item Quantity Snapshot is 31 The Standard Item Store Quantity Tab for that Store Shows 58 Can anyone explain this discrepancy and tell us how to reconcile our Counts. Thanks for Your Help -- Pam@BigSmoke ...

#Deleted