Delete Store

I've moved all mailboxes from store1 to store2.  I want to delete store1 but
it contains a couple of system mailboxes.  Do I need these?  I was under the
impression that they are tied to the store, so there is no need to move them.

Thanks.

that is correct...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Eric Schoonveld" <EricSchoonveld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DA6673AC-AD3D-4E59-9602-4D03ED75FDF7@microsoft.com...
> I've moved all mailboxes from store1 to store2.  I want to delete store1
but
> it contains a couple of system mailboxes.  Do I need these?  I was under
the
> impression that they are tied to the store, so there is no need to move
them.

> Thanks.

0
sconkey (3059)
5/10/2006 3:35:32 PM
If you delete the first store created, you'll also be deleting the System
Attendant Mailbox.  This mailbox will have to be re-created.  You can do this
by re-starting the System Attendant Service (it will choose a location).  If
the system attendant mailbox does not exist, you will not be able to move
mailboxes between stores.
--
Teo Heras

"Eric Schoonveld" wrote:

> I've moved all mailboxes from store1 to store2.  I want to delete store1 but
> it contains a couple of system mailboxes.  Do I need these?  I was under the
> impression that they are tied to the store, so there is no need to move them.
>
> Thanks.

Deleted Mail
Hey all, Does anyone know of a good site for explaining basic Exchange admin issues. Kinda new to Exchange and would like to nail down some basics. One issue at hand right now is to some how retrieve mail that a user has deleted. If I remember correctly there is a timeout period from when the user deletes a message and when the server actually deletes it. Any help would be much appreciated! Michael If Deleted Item Retention is enabled on the Exchange Information Store and the user is NOT storing their email in a PST then you'll be able to use the "Recover Deleted Items"...

Need to delete pending MS updates
A friend asked me to help him with his computer. So I went and started applying the updates to his XP machine. Well it turns out that he has a VERY small drive and even less memory :-( I have downloaded some MS updates but there is not enough room to run them let alone let them just remain on the drive Where are the pending updates located so I can go and delete them? Start > Run > type in, press Enter or click OK after each command net stop wuauserv net stop bits Show hidden files, folders, and system files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.ht...

MRP-consoloidation of main stores and substores #2
Hi all, when generating MRP, the particular item should show the quantity required or the shortage by considering the below Requirment/Shortage=Demand -(Mainwarehouse+Substores). As of now the system only generate the requirment /shortage by considering only the demand and checking the stock available at the particular substore which is pointed out as Issue from site in the Bill of materials. Any idea..? sarath ...

Deleting CRM User!
I am looking to find ouit how one can delete a CRM USer and have the license go back into the pool of unused licenses. I can only find a way to disable the account. The users that I wanted to delete are in the disable user account view right now but I need to delete them and I need the licenses. I do not believe that you can delete using the supplied interfaces. You simply remove the license as stated below. If you were to remove or delete a user, there could be many orphaned entities. "Joseph Michaud" <joseph@vndinc.com> wrote in message news:#Qfbbc7UDHA.964@TK2MS...

EventID 1025
Just finished migrating E2K3 to new hardware...after the Public Store and System Folders were replicated I started getting the following warning messages..several times an hour. I cannot find much on the Internet about it. We have Exchange 2003 SP1. An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SERVER)". Function name or description of problem: EcFudgeResults. Error: 0x8004010f ...

Question: How to delete the email history which created by workflo
The whole process is: When a case has been created for 1 hour but not be closed, then the workflow will send an CRM email to the case's owner for notify. After sent an email, there will be a email history in the history, But we don't want to save the email which created by workflow. How can we do that? Any ideas? ...

Delete a Closed Invoice
Hi there, is ther anyway i can delete a "Closed" invoice? one of the user accidentlly close the invoice by selecting "paid in full". Now , the invoice are mark as read only and we can delete it. It is possible to go into the DB and delete it manually from the InvoiceBase and InvoiceDetailBase tables, but I wouldn't recommend it. You can also manually change the StatusCode and StateCode fields in the InvoiceBase table. Look at other values used in the InvoiceBase table as examples of valid states. Once it's not closed, you can edit/delete it again through th...

Delet page in publisher wont delete
I cannot delete the pages I want in my publication. When i press edit, delete page it will not delete the pages. I have no problem deleting any of the other pages though. Turn off the two page spread and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pippy6" <pippy6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79C4F877-BA1B-42CB-B6C5-04E93897E3CB@microsoft.com... >I cannot delete the pages I want in my publication. When i press edit, delete > page it will not delete the pages. I have no problem...

My delete file is autmatically being deleted every 7 days. Why?
This just started and I dont know why. Thanks Neither do we. We have no idea what you are asking. Try again. Do not hesitate to use accurate details. -- Russ Valentine "Denny" <Denny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23B43003-4A15-4D97-8A8E-9E717CC6FED0@microsoft.com... > This just started and I dont know why. Thanks Your deleted folder is being emptied every 7 days? Are you using autoarchive to do it? Are you using exchange server? If so the admin could have configured it on the server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook ...

Money 2001 Deletion #2
I CAN'T DELETE/REMOVE MONEY!!!! I lost the disk and was having problems with the program so bought 2004. 2004 say's it sees the old version and I must have the 2001 disk in order for it to finish install. I stopped install and tried to remove through Windows, only to have it tell me that I need the disk. I called Customer Service, and they were completely incompetant and unable to help me do anything but realize microsoft has terrible support options. I just want to get this worthless program off my system. PLEASE HELP. I'm just going to keep calling microsoft every...

Making items inactive as opposed to deleting them
I have read that it's bad to delete items, and I think I found that true because I went back recently to look at a prior sale and it wouldn't pull up any info on it cause I had deleted the item in question. So, I went in and made a few items inactive to try it, and now I can't find them. Sorry for being an idiot, but how do I access the inactive items in inventory? Brad Couple things you can do is run an item quantity report and filter for inactive = yes....you can also run an inventorry wizard task "set items active" it will show you the items that are flagged...

Pubs Keep large file size after pages are deleted
I am using Pub 2003. I have a quick reference guide that has 123 pages with graphics the size of the document is 72,503 MB. I deleted everything except 17 pages but the document size is STILL 71,881 MB. In previous discussion groups I found the two links listed below. I looked under Objects > Design Gallery Object but I have only 3 tabs, Objects by Category, Objects by Design, and My Objects. I looked at any "options" buttons but could not find a tab called "Extra Content". "PUB2000: Publication Retains Large File Size When Pages Are Deleted http://support...

Delete transactions w/out deleting POs
Is there a way to delete training transactions without deleting Purchase Orders. I found out the hard way that using Delete Transactions in SO Administrtor also deletes POs. Thanks in advance - Bob ...

Information Store does not automatically start
We have Exchange 2003. Every time the server is rebooted, the IS service doesn't automatically start, even though the setting is set for auto start. Does anyone know why? It just makes have to look at the Services and make sure the ones that should be auto start are. also, are the services that should be auto start actually start when you are at the login prompt? Thanks. Auto start services should start when the server starts. Most likely there is a service that Exchange is dependent on that is taking a long time to start. You may need to manually set the dependency. Look at t...

delete a cell
I am trying to delete a single cell, but the worksheet does not allow me to do it. I have a choice to delete the whole row or the whole column. I just need to move cells up. I know I must have to set an option, but can't figure out which? "tatty" <btrafton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2BEB56B8-F65F-4104-9283-FCA2D9279EC1@microsoft.com... > I am trying to delete a single cell, but the worksheet does not allow me to do it. I have a choice to delete the whole row or the whole column. I just need to move cells up. I know I must have to set an option, but can't f...

how to delete a row in excel with a specific word using visual basic
Hi, I have an excel file that always come with a line at the end with "downloaded:" in the cell. How can I write a macro to search for that cell and delete the row that cell is in? Thanks for all your help! Any time you are in doubt on how to interact with excel, try recording a new macro and then physically do the steps you are trying to code. Stop the recording and then go look at the recorded macro www.jameswesleybluesband.com Hi "mchen" mchen@gellerco.com, Delete rows with "N" in Column 31 (col AE) from my http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/delem...

deleting multiple records from access
Hello I have a simple database with about 500000 records I want to know if there is a way to quickly erase a large number of records at once, using access. I want to mark and then delete, but I can't mark a large number of records thank you john John, Is there some logic as to which records you'll keep, and which you'll delete? If so, then you could develop a Delete query that would do that for you. Are you deleting all of them? If so, just delete the table. What do you mean by "mark?" Do you mean use the Record Selectors in tabl...

What can I store in LPARAM
2 Questions: 1. Is it possible to store a pair of integers in a tree item lParam, or with a tree item somehow 2. What is the largest single number I could store in the 32 bit 'lParam' field of a INSERTSTRUCT More information: I am adding nodes to a CTREECTRL as follows: TV_INSERTSTRUCT TreeCtrlItem; TreeCtrlItem.item.mask = TVIF_TEXT | TVIF_PARAM | TVIF_IMAGE | TVIF_SELECTEDIMAGE; TreeCtrlItem.item.lParam = treetype; TreeCtrlItem.item.iImage = iconNumber; TreeCtrlItem.item.iSelectedImage = iconSelectedNumber; TreeCtrlItem.hParent = hParent; TreeCtrlItem.item.pszText = s...

Deleteing columns in Excel 2007
In previous versions I was able to delete non-adjacent columns, but this version seems not to allow it... When I choose non-adjacent columns, the option for deleteing them is greyed out. I looked it up in help, which wasn't very helpful, checked Excel preferences, just in case there's a setting that might allow that, again to no avail. Is there a way to do it in this version? TIA, Nash Hi Nash I suspect your sheet is protected. Right click on the sheet tab>Unprotect. With unprotected sheets deleting non-adjacent columns works the same in XL2007 as in earlier versions. Re...

Permanently Delete
For some reason I have not seen anything of my previous attempts to post this question - so a last go. Outlook 2000 - Is it possible to change a setting so that deleting a message permanently deletes it rather than moving it to the deleted items bin? I don't have Outlook 2000 in front of me (I don't maintain VMs that go back that far) but if you go to Tools | Options | Other | Advanced(?) you will probably find a setting that's relevant. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The...

deleting a fields content
I have a situation in which a user will need to delete only the content of one field for a record. For each record in the table there is a column (field) called IsChildOf. On the webpage there will be a button that will delete only the content (a number) of the field IsChildOf for the record. So, if record ID 449945 has 25 in the IsChildOf and the person uses the delete button, the 25 is deleted. How is the DELETE statement constructed for something like that (I'm a noob to sql)? Thanks. John John > On the webpage there will be a button that will > delete onl...

Cannot Delete Mail
Hi, I've got a user that cannot delete mail on the Exchange Server 2003 for mail in a certain period. The mail can be opened, but cannot be deleted/moved. When trying to move, I get "Can't move the Items" When trying to delete, I get "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook". Nothing shows up in Event Viewer. Should I run PST repair tool on the folder? Regards, Norman Zhang > I've got a user that cannot delete mail on the Exchange Server 2003 for > mail in a certain period. The mail can be open...

Deleted messages?
Somebody knows what happens to deleted messages in Entourage? On 12/9/09 2:13 PM, in article C7458B2B.8C01%dmarchand001@sympatico.ca, "dma" <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote: > Somebody knows what happens to deleted messages in Entourage? Messages first go to Deleted Items folder. Once they are deleted there, Entourage writes over the space. They are not recoverable once they are deleted from Deleted Items folder without using some kind of special software and only if they have not been overwritten. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page &...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

Delete characters
I want to be able to remove dashes from a coulmn in excel..for example in coulmn B i have 3992393-8484-33..and want to just show numbers no dashes..Thanks Hi see your other posts >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to remove dashes from a coulmn in >excel..for example in coulmn B i have 3992393-8484- 33..and >want to just show numbers no dashes..Thanks >. > Hi, =SUBSTITUTE(B1,"-","") jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to remove dashes from a coulmn in >excel..for example in coulmn B i have 3992393-8484- 33..a...