delete server...routing master error

hello,

I have 2 exchange servers (exch 2003) and i have to delete
one of them.
I changed all replication etc...(before we had also a 5.5
which is already removed) but when i stop the services and
try to remove the server via system manager of my second
exchange (the one that will stay) i get an error message
that my server that i want to delete is the routing master
for that group.

How can i make my other server the routing master ?
i don't have any site replication (deleted it because not
necessary anymore).

thnx,
Philippe
0
anonymous (74725)

Go to routing groups > first routing group > members
Select server
Right click and choose [set as master].

Regards,

Bart.

"Philippe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> I have 2 exchange servers (exch 2003) and i have to delete
> one of them.
> I changed all replication etc...(before we had also a 5.5
> which is already removed) but when i stop the services and
> try to remove the server via system manager of my second
> exchange (the one that will stay) i get an error message
> that my server that i want to delete is the routing master
> for that group.
>
> How can i make my other server the routing master ?
> i don't have any site replication (deleted it because not
> necessary anymore).
>
> thnx,
> Philippe

-3
anonymous (74725)

Getting an error in my xml schema editor code.
Hi, I have an xsd file like this. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="generic" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="generic"> <xsd:element name="bookstore" type="bookstoreType"/> <xsd:complexType name="bookstoreType"> <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="book" type="bookType"/> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="bookType&q...

Cannot delete subreport

Replacing DC\DNS\DHCP Servers
I have two Windows 2003 Domain Controllers, both running DNS and one running DHCP. I built two new Windows 2008 servers that I want to take over these roles. What is the best way to replace these servers? I'm not sure to make them DC's first then DNS and DHCP. thanks. Rick Hello Rick, DNS install on a new Windows server 2008 DC can be installed duriing promotion, see my article about: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/archive/2010/02/10/upgrading-an-active-directory-domain-from-windows-server-2003-to-windows-server-2008-or-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx Best regards Mein...

Error 8004000
I am constantly getting "Error 8004000" Line 40 Char1 expected statement with my script and can't figure out why. 'Logging Option Explicit 'Declarations Const LOGFILE = "c:\SysAd Tools\Logs\UA.log" Const ForReading = 1 Const ForWriting = 2 Const ForAppending = 8 'Open and write to the end of log Dim ComputerName Dim oFSO Dim strComputer Dim strComputerName Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Dim WshShell Dim oReg Dim strKeyPath Dim subkey Dim arrSubKeys strComputer = "." Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FIleSyst...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Outlook 2003 disconnections from server
Has anyone got any information that could help resolve the following ... I have outlook 2003 client running in Cached exchange mode and i get disconnections ( event viewer shows ) Rpc call (EcDoConnectEx) to server (*servername) failed with error code (6d1) after waiting (271) ms; eeInfo (none). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Running without cached mode seems ok ... any ideas ? lynnm@iname.com ...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Windows 2003 Server Role Hardware Specifications
Hello, I don't know where I saw it but is there a link that talks about the hardware specifications for the various servers roles such as DCs, file server, web server, etc.? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Hello Mr. JYC, Maybe this can help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee382254.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm >...

Outlook 2000 error message #6
I've just sent an email to someone and received the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject: CEG-XXXXX Sent: 2/20/2004 11:13 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'PXXXXX' on 2/20/2004 11:13 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. I'm usign outlook 2000 and poping (POP3) my emails. Any idea what is causing this? Thanks in advance. Denise ...

E2K7: routing group connector not included in routing configuration
Hi there, I have two E2K7 sites in coexistence setup with E2K3 which are directly linked with a sitelink. Site1 contains 1 hubtransport (UTCS121T71) and a routing group connector to E2K3 which is created using the following CMDLET New-RoutingGroupConnector -Name "UTC Connection" - SourceTransportServers "UTCS121T71.eu.test.com" - TargetTransportServers "LONS121T01.eu.test.com","ZSTS121T01.eu.test.com" -Cost 10 - BiDirectional $true -PublicFolderReferralsEnabled $true Site 2 contains 2 hubtransports (NYCS121T71, NYCS121T72) and no routing group connec...

Unknow dictionary error
Monday morn Last night I copied the server's "shared documents" folder to another disk in the server. And shared it as "Shared Documents." This morning, from the GP's client computer, the "Unkown Dictionary" error message is display when attempting to log in. I moved the MSBS folder back to the original location, shared the original "Shared Documents" folder as "Shared Documents" and provided sharing permissions. The security permissions had not changed. I have rebooted the client machine. Still the error is displayed. Guidan...

Exchange Restore Error
I'm in the process of performing some disaster recovery testing and I've run into a problem with restoring our site's Exchange 2003 servers. I first restored the system Windows 2003 Server server, and then the Exchange Server storage groups, ensuring the "Last Restore Set" and "Mount Database After Restore" options were checked. The NTBackup portion of the Exchange restore completed without errors, but the mailbox and public folder stores won't mount. The Event Log reports a "ESE BACKUP event 903" error with the text "Information Sto...

Project server 2007 Timesheet creation
Hi, We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are facing the following issues. 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the planned hours against the standard row. 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will be added without project name and tasks. Please help me to resolve the issues. Thanks, arun Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps "Arun" wrote: > Hi, ...

Exchange Server 5.5 Spam??
I'm trying to determine why my Internet Mail Connector's "Outbound Messages Awaiting Delivery" queue constantly has hundreds of messages awaiting delivery, yet the originator is listed as <>? I've checked the server to ensure it is not being used as a relay and all indications tell me that I'm "relay secure". Any help would be very much appreciated. We're using Exchange 5.5 SP3. Thanks in advance. These are not spam messages but rather NDRs your server is trying to send out to domains who probably tried to use your server for spam telling ...

RPC Error in Outlook 2003
I am encountering an RPC error as I try to connect to my exchange server. When I try to resolve my name I get a timeout error and when I try to open outlook I get the RPC error. Could you provide a solution? Without telling us the exact error, the only guess I can come up with is you are missing one of the following registry keys. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll" -- Due to the Sw...

Solid State Drive (SSD) and Windows Server 2008 for Project Server 2010
Hello, I don't know anything about SSD disk. I expect to buy a new laptop with an SSD disk on Microsoft advice. Do you know if it's possible to partition such a SSD disk such as to install Win Server 2008 besides Win 7 Pro? Thanks for your feedback Hello here are two blog posts I did about SSD: http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/25/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-2010-project-server-2010-demo-image-benchmark-take-2.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/06/11/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-project-server-demo-image-bench...

Delete macros

Opinion: FileSystemWatcher robust enough for server app?
Hi, all! I have a quick basic question: if FileSystemWatcher() robust enough to be used in a 24x7 server-based app? I'm considering tinkering with a server-based app whose function is to watch for file writes and store versions of those files in SQL Server (a blind version control system of sorts). I haven't really used FileSystemWatcher() before and was curious if other developers thought it to be a robust enough mechanism for what I'm trying to get to. Any suggestions for other methods or techniques are welcome, of course! Thanks for your input! Jack ...

Have set up IMAP on my server
I have converted my email server to IMAP. Set up my iPhone with IMAP (was POP) and all the system folders - Inbox, Sent, Trash and Draft were immediately synced. When I set up the account in Entourage, only the Inbox and Sent (as a subfolder to the Inbox) came in. When I go to choose them in the option settings, it can only "see" the Inbox with the Sent subfolder - not the other subfolders. Do we have any solutions please - it has to be an Entourage issue as the iPhone did not have a problem with a clean sync. Thank you for any help. Julian ...

Run time Error '1004
I have a macro to run right before the workbook closes. It is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.ShowAllData ActiveWorkbook.Save End Sub The top row has the autofilter on. If the data is not filtered then when the macro runs it throws a Run Time Error '1004'. If it is filtered the Macro runs fine. I can't seems to find the right code to get the macro to end if it errors out. I think it would be an if then statement but my coding skills aren't quite up the par. Any help would be great. Thanks in adva...