Delete Server from Site #2

I'm removing my Exchange 5.5 server so I can run my Exchange 2003 server in
native mode.  I complete the "remove all" steps from the 5.5 CD according to
KB189286.

In article 272314 it says to use Exchange 5.5 Manager (on my 2003 server) to
delete the 5.5 server from the site.  However, when I try to delete it I get
the error: "You cannot delete the Microsoft Exchange Server "MAIL" because it
is still active.  Shut the server down, and try again."

The server has been down for a day and I'm still getting that error.  I
even deleted the DNS references to the server.  What am I doing wrong?
0
Acoustix (24)

In the Exchagne 2003 Server under System Manager does the 5.5 server show up
in there?  Are you still using the ADC?

"Acoustix" wrote:

> I'm removing my Exchange 5.5 server so I can run my Exchange 2003 server in
> native mode.  I complete the "remove all" steps from the 5.5 CD according to
> KB189286.
>
> In article 272314 it says to use Exchange 5.5 Manager (on my 2003 server) to
> delete the 5.5 server from the site.  However, when I try to delete it I get
> the error: "You cannot delete the Microsoft Exchange Server "MAIL" because it
> is still active.  Shut the server down, and try again."
>
> The server has been down for a day and I'm still getting that error.  I
> even deleted the DNS references to the server.  What am I doing wrong?
0
mark564 (750)
3/24/2005 5:11:03 PM
Yes it is still in the System Mananger on 2003.  The ADC is still showing up
on 2003.

"Mark" wrote:

> In the Exchagne 2003 Server under System Manager does the 5.5 server show up
> in there?  Are you still using the ADC?

0
Acoustix (24)

Cannot delete subreport

Age calculation #2
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to give a better response on age calculation. I have a list of computers with the data they were purchased on. I want to know how old they are. Here is what I have so far: G1 contains =today() to give current date F14 is the purchase date of the first computer in the list G14 is this formula, which tells me how many months old the computer is: =($G$1-F14)/30 The problem is that it tells me that the computer is 90 months old, which is correct, but I want to see that its 7.5 years old. Dividing that by 12 gives the answer, but there are newer computer...

Replacing DC\DNS\DHCP Servers
I have two Windows 2003 Domain Controllers, both running DNS and one running DHCP. I built two new Windows 2008 servers that I want to take over these roles. What is the best way to replace these servers? I'm not sure to make them DC's first then DNS and DHCP. thanks. Rick Hello Rick, DNS install on a new Windows server 2008 DC can be installed duriing promotion, see my article about: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/archive/2010/02/10/upgrading-an-active-directory-domain-from-windows-server-2003-to-windows-server-2008-or-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx Best regards Mein...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Outlook 2003 disconnections from server
Has anyone got any information that could help resolve the following ... I have outlook 2003 client running in Cached exchange mode and i get disconnections ( event viewer shows ) Rpc call (EcDoConnectEx) to server (*servername) failed with error code (6d1) after waiting (271) ms; eeInfo (none). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Running without cached mode seems ok ... any ideas ? lynnm@iname.com ...

1.2 Integration Release
Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", but "soon" is now turned into months. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I have NO real information, but if I had to guess it would be announced just prior to or during Convergence (3/21- 24). >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", >but "soon" is now turned into months. > >-- >Brandon >IT Director >Present...

Rule for Deleted Items

Reply #2
Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the default which in this case is No, when I need it to save as Yes Many thanks anyway John PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. JohnUK wrote: > Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the > default which in this case is No, when I need it to save > as Yes > Many thanks anyway > John > PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides > the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the su...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Referring to Names #2
Hi Frank I'm looking for something that's easy to copy across. Say column A contains an alpha and columns B to X contain variou numerical values with range created names of Bdata to Xdata. I'm wondering if there is any way of writing the formul Sumif(Alpha,A,Bdata) by referring Bdata to a cell reference instead o using the term "Bdata" itself, so that I can change the cell and brin up the relevant result. Hope this makes sense Timmy Ma -- Timmy Mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Windows 2003 Server Role Hardware Specifications
Hello, I don't know where I saw it but is there a link that talks about the hardware specifications for the various servers roles such as DCs, file server, web server, etc.? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Hello Mr. JYC, Maybe this can help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee382254.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm >...

Project server 2007 Timesheet creation
Hi, We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are facing the following issues. 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the planned hours against the standard row. 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will be added without project name and tasks. Please help me to resolve the issues. Thanks, arun Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps "Arun" wrote: > Hi, ...

Solid State Drive (SSD) and Windows Server 2008 for Project Server 2010
Hello, I don't know anything about SSD disk. I expect to buy a new laptop with an SSD disk on Microsoft advice. Do you know if it's possible to partition such a SSD disk such as to install Win Server 2008 besides Win 7 Pro? Thanks for your feedback Hello here are two blog posts I did about SSD: http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/25/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-2010-project-server-2010-demo-image-benchmark-take-2.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/06/11/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-project-server-demo-image-bench...

Exchange Server 5.5 Spam??
I'm trying to determine why my Internet Mail Connector's "Outbound Messages Awaiting Delivery" queue constantly has hundreds of messages awaiting delivery, yet the originator is listed as <>? I've checked the server to ensure it is not being used as a relay and all indications tell me that I'm "relay secure". Any help would be very much appreciated. We're using Exchange 5.5 SP3. Thanks in advance. These are not spam messages but rather NDRs your server is trying to send out to domains who probably tried to use your server for spam telling ...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Conditional Formating #2
Good morning to everyone. Does anyone know if Conditional Formating have an issue in the charts? i have make text boxes which bring values from another sheet and i want to show the figures inside as green when i have an improve or red if i have damage. Any suggestions? Ps I am using EXCEL XP edition Regards Bill Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart You could change the formula, to calculate if an amount is greater or less than the previous amount. Bill wrote: > Good morning to everyone. > >...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

Opinion: FileSystemWatcher robust enough for server app?
Hi, all! I have a quick basic question: if FileSystemWatcher() robust enough to be used in a 24x7 server-based app? I'm considering tinkering with a server-based app whose function is to watch for file writes and store versions of those files in SQL Server (a blind version control system of sorts). I haven't really used FileSystemWatcher() before and was curious if other developers thought it to be a robust enough mechanism for what I'm trying to get to. Any suggestions for other methods or techniques are welcome, of course! Thanks for your input! Jack ...