Delete Exch 5.5 Mailbox Script

Hi,

I'm am looking for a script that deletes user mailboxes
from Exchange 5.5 Server..

I am faced with a huge cleanup of of 2500 mailboxes that I
have to get rid of..

I am not scripting expert but I have haerd of ways to
create a mailbox, but how does one delete it.

Basically what I want the script to do is..

Connect to Exchange 5.5 Server
check text or csv file for list of user mailboxes to be
deleted and then delete them.

Help appreciated..

0
seann (2)

In the last exciting episode, "Sean N" <seann@games-workshop.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm am looking for a script that deletes user mailboxes
>from Exchange 5.5 Server..
>
>I am faced with a huge cleanup of of 2500 mailboxes that I
>have to get rid of..
>
>I am not scripting expert but I have haerd of ways to
>create a mailbox, but how does one delete it.
>
>Basically what I want the script to do is..
>
>Connect to Exchange 5.5 Server
>check text or csv file for list of user mailboxes to be
>deleted and then delete them.
>
>Help appreciated..

Exchange 5.5 has a bulk import/export function. You can import
'deletes'. Hm... couldn't find the delete command. Guess you could
change the display name for all of them to 'delete me' and then bulk
select and delete if all else fails.

--
Chris Scharff
MessageOne

-- ROT13 for valid SMTP address --
"Chris Scharff [MVP]" <puevf_fpuness@znvy-erfbheprf.pbz> wrote:

>In the last exciting episode, "Sean N" <seann@games-workshop.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm am looking for a script that deletes user mailboxes
>>from Exchange 5.5 Server..

					[ snip ]

>Exchange 5.5 has a bulk import/export function. You can import
>'deletes'. Hm... couldn't find the delete command.

It's not a command, it's a value in the 'mode' column of the CSV file.
The 'mode' column must be the 2nd column in the CSV. It's not there
when you export, you have to add it yourself. :)

With 2500 mailboxes to deal with, and looking for a script to do it,
it should be a safe assumption that there's already something that
distinguishes the mailboxes to be deleted from those that will remail.
Export that property to the CSV and use it to select the rows to be
reimported with the 'delete' action.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Help E2K3 Not Seeing Ex5.5 Org
Have Windows 2003 AD running with the ADC connected to 1 5.5 server. When running E2K3 setup the option to Join or Upgrade a 5.5 organization is grayed out? Any suggestions. The permissions on the conection agreements and the 5.5 site hierarchy are configured properly as per Q329047. Have done this previously with E2K without any problem. Hi Rob, This may be caused if a previous installation attempt was made and failed. However, a server object has been created in Active Directory for the Exchange 2003 server. To check this use ADSI Edit (part of the Win2k3 or Win2k Support Tools) WA...

Sorting #5
Can anyone help please. Column a has numbers 1 thru 311 Column b has the names of colours to match the numbers. What I need to do is to sort the names of colours in column b alphabetically, but retaining their present numbers, so if at present row 200 is green and row 201 is azure, I want it to go 201 azure, 200 Green. I want the present numbers to stay with their colour. hope that makes sense. I can't do it! Thanks Bill Bill: Whenever you sort, as a rule, don't select the area (column) you're sorting by. If you simple click in, for instance, B2, and hit the sort butt...

Outlook across firewall #5
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Exchange Server 5.5 Spam??
I'm trying to determine why my Internet Mail Connector's "Outbound Messages Awaiting Delivery" queue constantly has hundreds of messages awaiting delivery, yet the originator is listed as <>? I've checked the server to ensure it is not being used as a relay and all indications tell me that I'm "relay secure". Any help would be very much appreciated. We're using Exchange 5.5 SP3. Thanks in advance. These are not spam messages but rather NDRs your server is trying to send out to domains who probably tried to use your server for spam telling ...

more rules on a mailbox ?
hi all, the 32K limit for the rules on a mailbox is quite... boring :/ is there a 3rd party plugin/addon that would allow le to have more rules? I use OL2K3/Exch2K3 TIA, Pierre. there are some client side apps that will allow more - ornicusa.com has both client and server addons. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#tools -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Deleting an email

Mailbox store missing from on-media catalog
Hi, Im trying to restore a mailbox from an older backup that was created using ntbackup 'full system backup' option. I assumed that the mailbox store would be a part of this catalog, but it is not listed. I do see the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr directory which has been backup up, but only the log files are shown within the MDBDATA folder where I am expecting to also see the .edb and ..stm files. Please advise charlie at im-design dot net In your backup routine you have to separately backup "Infomation Store". Charlie wrote: > Hi, > > Im trying to restore a ...

#Deleted

Comments #5
I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the comment and copy and paste in a Word document. The comment is longer than one page so how can I highlight it so I can copy it? Richard How did you make this comment? Insert>Comment or? You should be able to right-click on the cell and Edit Comment. Highlight the text and copy. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:56:40 -0700, "Richard" <miller6708@cox.net> wrote: >I made a long comment in my excel spread sheet and I want to highlight the >comment and copy and paste in a ...

Saving sent messages in secondary mailbox
I have multiple mailboxes, however when I send a message from a secondary mailbox it gets saved in my primary mailbox. Does anyone know a way to save sent messages from a secondary mailbox to the sent folder for that secondary mailbox. Thanks, Anne ...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...