Delegation help of AD exchange objects

In the process of delegating control to a specific group for a particular OU.
The delegation of AD is all well and fine. I can add, delete and change users.

The problem that I have is during the creation of a user in the OU I can not
add it with an Exchange Mailbox, the IS does not show and I am unable to
finish the wizard.

Also with a current user I am unable to change an email address or add a new
email address.

Any help would be much appreactiated.

You'll need at least exchange view only permissions to be able to create the
mailbox.

"Jason Flynn" wrote:

> In the process of delegating control to a specific group for a particular OU.
> The delegation of AD is all well and fine. I can add, delete and change users.
>
> The problem that I have is during the creation of a user in the OU I can not
> add it with an Exchange Mailbox, the IS does not show and I am unable to
> finish the wizard.
>
> Also with a current user I am unable to change an email address or add a new
> email address.
>

> Any help would be much appreactiated.
0
Joe (497)
9/15/2006 6:00:02 PM
That is what I thought as well, so I Delegated Exchange View control of the
Administrative Group for the group but I was unable to add the mailbox to the
user.

So I changed the delegation from View only to Exchange Administrator and I
am now able to add the mailbox but unable to change exsiting users that have
a mailbox already. Also not quite sure I want to give a domain user these
elevated rights on the exchange server.

A bit confused on the Exchange View only delegation. Everything I read says
that this should work, but it does not.

"Joe" wrote:

> You'll need at least exchange view only permissions to be able to create the
> mailbox.
>
> "Jason Flynn" wrote:
>
> > In the process of delegating control to a specific group for a particular OU.
> > The delegation of AD is all well and fine. I can add, delete and change users.
> >
> > The problem that I have is during the creation of a user in the OU I can not
> > add it with an Exchange Mailbox, the IS does not show and I am unable to
> > finish the wizard.
> >
> > Also with a current user I am unable to change an email address or add a new
> > email address.
> >

> > Any help would be much appreactiated.
The short answer is, you need to be able to view the exchange configuration
regarding servers, storage groups, and databases in order for them to display
in the drop down of the GUI.

I've been thinking about experimenting with creating users with all the
exchange attributes via script to see if it will work without exchange view
only rights, but just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

Joe

"Jason Flynn" wrote:

> That is what I thought as well, so I Delegated Exchange View control of the
> Administrative Group for the group but I was unable to add the mailbox to the
> user.
>
> So I changed the delegation from View only to Exchange Administrator and I
> am now able to add the mailbox but unable to change exsiting users that have
> a mailbox already. Also not quite sure I want to give a domain user these
> elevated rights on the exchange server.
>
> A bit confused on the Exchange View only delegation. Everything I read says
> that this should work, but it does not.
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > You'll need at least exchange view only permissions to be able to create the
> > mailbox.
> >
> > "Jason Flynn" wrote:
> >
> > > In the process of delegating control to a specific group for a particular OU.
> > > The delegation of AD is all well and fine. I can add, delete and change users.
> > >
> > > The problem that I have is during the creation of a user in the OU I can not
> > > add it with an Exchange Mailbox, the IS does not show and I am unable to
> > > finish the wizard.
> > >
> > > Also with a current user I am unable to change an email address or add a new
> > > email address.
> > >

> > > Any help would be much appreactiated.
0
Joe (497)

Delegate folder
I have set a user up so they can view another user's inbox, calendar etc, but wish to allow the delegate access to the other users folder via the Folder List, rather than them having to go to File, Open, Other User's Folder. How can I do this? ...

Help with Event formatting?
Hello, I have a form with a drop down combolist. When Verification is chosen from it, I want to do an Event, AfterUpdate. I want it to first see that "Verification" has been chosen, then for it to check the current SSN against the SSNs in a 2nd AddressTable. If there is no SSN match in the 2nd table I'll need a Subform to pop up and take the address information, and then a Generate Letter/Report button can be used, with all the extra info being saved to the 2nd table. If there is a SSN match, that means the address is already in the 2nd table, and a Report/Letter is...

Event ID: 1147 (HELP )
PLEASE HELP... I KEEPING SEEING THIS IN THE EVENT VIEWER. I cannot find any info in Technet or on Microsoft support website. Error--- While disabling rule on public folder with rule ID 48. The folder ID of the public folder is in the data section of the event. Dennis Check your public folders for rules such as forwarding or copying to other mailboxes or folders. If one of these forward destinations has been removed or cannot accept new messages due to a size limitation, you would get this error. -- hth, SusanV "Dennis C" <dcomar@verizon.net> wrote in message news:...

Help Regarding Active Directory
Does any one know a news group which discuss about ActiveDirectory? Thanks -Boben How about... microsoft.public.active.directory.interfaces microsoft.public.platformsdk.active.directory microsoft.public.win2000.activedirectory HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "Boben" <swolutions@asianetonline.net> wrote in message news:uOcIZ1aqDHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does any one know a news group which discuss about ActiveDirectory? > > Thanks > -Boben > > ...

Outlook 2003 sync prob. Please help if you can...
Hi, My network runs Exchange 5.5 at the Mailserver. I have laptop clients recently upgraded to Office 2003 who use Outlook 2003 for email synchronization. I have created two Send/Receive Groups called Online and Offline. When online and the user shuts down, the synchronization dialigue box appears, doesn't come up with any errors, but runs too fast. If you open Outlook again and choose the offline option you can see that synchronization didn't take place as a test email sent and sucessfully delivered in onlune mode does not appear in offline mode. However if I do a manual sync using F...

Pls Help on this
Dear Sir's How to Put Formula for this Query If A1 <150000 Then A2 = A1+20% If A1>150000 and <500000 then A2=A1+15 % If A1>500000 Then A2 = 0 Pls Help me Regards, Mahesh Good morning Mahesh This formula will do exactly as you requested: =IF(A1>500000,0,IF(A1>150000,A1*1.15,IF(A1<150000,A1*1.1,"-"))) BUT, you haven't specified what is to happen if A1=150,000. Th formula above will return "-" in this instance, but you may want t replace one of the instances above with "<=" or ">=" to specify wha E...

Task delegation not working
After reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling Windows, almost everything on my computer works again. The one thing that doesn't is a bizarre change to the way Outlook 2000 handles task delegation. In the past, I could assign a task to a colleague, and it would appear on both my colleague's and my own task lists. When my colleague completed the task, I would get an 'update' message, and the task on my list would be marked as completed. I can still delegate tasks, but I no longer get the automatic updating of my task list when they are complete. On my colleague's compute...

*Urgent Help Needed* Publisher to PDF Print
Hello, I created a newsletter for my client that she's going to have printed at a printer. She's printing on an 8.5 x 11 page and is paying for full bleed. So, b/c she is getting full bleed, I set my paper size to 8.63" x 11.1" (hopefully this is right.) When I go to File / Print to PDF and choose Press Quality or High Quality, the first error I get is: The sheet size you're printing is too small for some or your printer's marks to print. If you're printing to film or creating a PostScript file, choose a larger sheet size. I had created a new (custom) ...

help #34
outlook seem to write in white when i am creating a message when it is set to write in black. can anyone help? sam Check your font settings and if you are using Word, what the Theme settings are. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, sam.gould@samgould.com.au asked: | outlook seem to write in white when i am creating a | message when it is set to write ...

Outlook Authentication to Exchange from Remote site
I have 2 sites. One has a Windows 2000 AD and Exchange 2003 running. The other all the client pcs are configured in a work group. Both offices are connect by a VPN with and ANY to ANY rule being tunneled between them. ALL connections seem to work fine for remote users to access resources in the Windows AD. However, I just installed Exchange and all the mail boxes work. My problem is I cannot get Outlook to authenticate to the users mailbox using Exchange mailbox. I can use IMAP fine and even connect LDAP for the addressbook. When I try and connect to the server for exchange it giv...

Lost permissions for Exchange 5.5 organization
I have recently taken over Exchange Administration for a company, and the Windows NT 4.0 user accounts that had permissions at the Exchange 5.5 organizational level were deleted. I am unable to add any users to the organizational level. Is there any way to add admin privileges back? Was the service account deleted? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:39:04 -0800, Joe K. <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have recently taken over Exchange Administration for a company, and the >Windows NT 4.0 user ac...

Help with CTabCtrl
Anyone got a link (or something) to some code which shows how to use a CTabCtrl? In essence I'm trying to nest CPropertyPages -- a CPropertySheet with a number of pages, each with a number of pages below it. For some reason I just can't get my mind around how to do this. The "right" way seems to be: CPropertySheet CPropertyPage some displayed data and some CTabCtrls... and so on. But I just can't get how to insert a control into the CTabCtrl... Thanks for any help. "Frank Hickman" wrote > Take a look at the attached sample...it'll...

OUtlook 2000 with exchange 2003
Please I have problem with outlook 2000 on some PCs having Windows XP. Our exchange server is newly migrated from 5.5 to EXchange 2003. when I post the echange server name and type the name and press check name it is giving me the following error message "The name could not be resolved. The operation failed". I fould one of these PCs was having some RPC keys deleted from registry. I maintained the keys then outlook worked fine. But on others keys are fine. RPC binding is fine. I can ping the server with name "name resolution is ok". Am surprized why some PC work a...

Delegations?
Hi all, at work I am trying to set up a delegation. I am the boss and going on holiday....I need my delegate (another member of my team) to be able to access my email. I have set him up as a delegate with the correct permissions BUT, is there any way he can gain access to my outlook inbox automatically without having to do the FILE >> OPEN >> etc thing? TIA, PE1 The mailbox owner (you) needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into Tools | E-mail Accounts or Tools | Servic...

Too much access using Delegates.
Scenerio: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 & XP mail clients. 10 Users, all are in the Domain Users Group, Each User's MailBox Permissions is set to Defualt - None. Without even adding anyone to the Delegates Tab List, users are able to add additional mail boxes, and view the complete Mailbox tree of the added user. We are looking to implement Delegates, but I haven't been able to limit what users view additional mail boxes. Thanks, Tim Sounds like someone mucked with the original/default Exchange permissions. This doesn't happen by default. See the...

Get the ID of a newly added record
I have a table that is being accessed through a class derived from MFC's CRecordSet. The table is actually implemented in Access and it's ID is an auto number field. After doing an AddNew to the table, how can the newly added row's ID be retrieved? In SQL server, I just would have created a stored procedure which would have added the row and returned the ID. obviously, I can't do that in Access. Any ideas? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Hi U�ytkownik "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:%23VlM$X1%23EHA.4092@TK2MSF...

Delegate permissions lost after migration
G'day Group, Currently we have a exchange 5.5 and 2003 server running. We've migrated a small pilot group but i've noticed the following: When the users were migrated I cannot seem to set the Delegate permissions. From Outlook 2003>Tools>Options>Select Delegates. I add the proper user, add views and click apply>OK. Go back to double check the permissions and the delegate I've just added is gone. For some reason it is not retaining the settings. Not too sure what else to look into. Anyhelp would be appreciated. ...

Exchange 5.5 #10
I followed the article suggested and identified the last committed log. When I go to the transaction log folder, however, there are no back logs to move. The only logs in the folder are edb.log, edb0264D.log (last known committed log), res1.log and res2.log. The article says not to move the edb.log, res1.log or res2.log, just move any logs older than the last one committed, but there aren't any. Any more suggestions? Thanks! ...

Mail Delegates
I have imported address books for our salespeople and want my department to be able to send out "blast" emails on their behalf. All of the permissions seem to be set just fine, BUT... when I send out the email merge, the sender shows as me not the salesperson that I've chosen. I know I can go into options and select the "reply to" email address, I've also choses options, "From" and put in the salesperson's email address. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Dana ...

---asking for some help here..extremey frustrated witj tje latest VISIO
I was wondering.. I am working on a small, but lightly complex visio drawing, and no matter what I do, it seems to look lke crap.. I was wondering if I could eiter email it to one of you and have you look at itl or if I could post it here in zip format. Pls do not worry about a virus, our email goes through 5 layers of scanning before it even hits the internet. Thank you!!! -Jackd ...

Delegation
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Em Yeu wrote: > If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. > After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Answered your other post. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org ...

post-Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 Information Store fix roll-up
Need help locating the post-Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 Information Store fix roll-up. Does anyone know where I can download it? I need these files: Emsmdb32.dll 5.5.2655.18 Isinteg.exe 5.5.2654.62 Store.exe 5.5.2655.37 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sean There are several post SP4 patches you may need to review. This will bring up a few extra links not related. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=899CABAF-A55E-402B-AA90-5114BD4C014E&freetext=5.5&DisplayLang=en "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

need help autocreating data entries
I have 100-200 church songs in a folder with the title of each song as the name. I would like to find a way to tell access to look at the folder and create a new entry with the folder name in the name field and the song lyrics in a memo section. Is that possible? You will need to be comfortable with VBA code to achieve this. First thing will be to loop through the files in the folder. Use Dir(). If you need to recurse the subfolders as well, see: List files recursively at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html For the code to add the code as records in a table, see: http://al...

excel help #2
Column D = total hours give Column E = total hours use Column F = total hours not use Column G = Percentage of Columns D & Column H = Percentage of Columns D & Utilization workshee It has been years since I have written formulas, I have no idea where to begin, the help menu isn't helping. Hi something to begin with: D1: enter your hours (format this column as time, if the hours can exceed 24 hours, format the cell with the custom format [h]:mm E1: as above F1: enter the formula =D1-E1, format as in D1 G1: enter the formula =E1/D1 and format this cell as percentage H1: enter ...

Help #8
I have done a collage and everything prints but one picture. I have compared to all others set up in the collage and see no difference. HELP! See if re-inserting the picture helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "undecided50" <undecided50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743ABA29-E1E8-4DA9-8416-D2654FBDFC7F@microsoft.com... >I have done a collage and everything prints but one picture. I have compared > to all others set up in the collage and see no difference. HELP! ...