delegation #3

I'd like to delegate the ability to create mail-enabled contacts.
I've performed the steps outlined in:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/E2k3ADPerm/9b35165a-0c9d-4aa2-aa55-a17b2138b665.mspx

I actually assigned full permissions to the delegate group over the
contacts in the OU in question and made them a read-only Exchange
admin on the store.

They are able to create contacts without mail-enabling them, but...

I get the following error when a member of the group delegated tries
to create a mail-enabled contact:

An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain.
Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the
Exchange Server.
ID no: c10308a2
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension

There is no problem with the Exchange server, I am able to perform all
functions successfully using my administrative account, the problem
only appears when trying to create the contact using the account to
which the permissions were delegated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter
0
plecki21 (13)

You are probably running into this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905809

If the users you are delegating are not members of the local administrator's
group on the exchange server.

Joe

"PL" <plecki2@eagency.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to delegate the ability to create mail-enabled contacts.
> I've performed the steps outlined in:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/E2k3ADPerm/9b35165a-0c9d-4aa2-aa55-a17b2138b665.mspx
>
> I actually assigned full permissions to the delegate group over the
> contacts in the OU in question and made them a read-only Exchange
> admin on the store.
>
> They are able to create contacts without mail-enabling them, but...
>
> I get the following error when a member of the group delegated tries
> to create a mail-enabled contact:
>
> An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain.
> Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the
> Exchange Server.
> ID no: c10308a2
> Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension
>
> There is no problem with the Exchange server, I am able to perform all
> functions successfully using my administrative account, the problem
> only appears when trying to create the contact using the account to
> which the permissions were delegated.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Send on behalf #3
Hi all, i want to send a email but the from must be another mailbox than mine. I know i can grant me permisssion send of behalf of BUT the recipient will still see my name . he will see ``myname on behalf of other mailbox ``. Is there a way that i can send a email so that recipient won't see my name but only the other mailbox ?? im using exchange 2003 SP1 thanks !! On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:11:07 -0800, "Rick" <Rick @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >i want to send a email but the from must be another mailbox than mine. I >know i can...

Using Crystal Reports with CRM version 3
In the book Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, on page 304, it talks about being able to extend CRM to work with 3rd party reporting tools. Has anyone done this with Crystal reports? If so, would you mind giving me some pointers, and let me know of any gotchas? I have found so many things that are either really painful to do or are impossible to do with SSRS, that I'm having to run Crystal reports (because I'm the only one who has the software) for my users. Thanks... Can you hightlight some of the things you cant do in SRS? ============================== John O'Do...

Delegate folder
I have set a user up so they can view another user's inbox, calendar etc, but wish to allow the delegate access to the other users folder via the Folder List, rather than them having to go to File, Open, Other User's Folder. How can I do this? ...

Combining data #3
Any help with this would be great (and will save some of my hair from not being pulled out) I have a workbook with mulitple tabs that seperate data out. Tab one will have in column A1-Ainfinite a point range (maybe not consecutive) I have Tab 2 will have in column A1-Ainfinite a point range (also maybe not consecutive) I have a third table that I want to combine the data together. So Tab 1 Tab 2 (what I want to achieve) -> Tab 3 A A A 1 2000 ...

Hyperlink problem #3

Batch Not Posting #3
Hello all, we have an issue where when we attempt to post from several different modules it gets so far then kills great plains. we have to go into the batch recovery run the batch recovery at which time it will print the reports them GP dies again. then we have to go back into batch recovery and hit cancel on all the reports and it will them post the batch. TIA Brian, The problem might be your Reports Dictionary. Try recreating your reports dictionary and try it again. You can recreate the reports dictionary by two ways: 1 Option 1. Create a package file of all your customizatio...

Task delegation not working
After reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling Windows, almost everything on my computer works again. The one thing that doesn't is a bizarre change to the way Outlook 2000 handles task delegation. In the past, I could assign a task to a colleague, and it would appear on both my colleague's and my own task lists. When my colleague completed the task, I would get an 'update' message, and the task on my list would be marked as completed. I can still delegate tasks, but I no longer get the automatic updating of my task list when they are complete. On my colleague's compute...

Migration Question #3
Sorry if this comes up twice....seems the first post was lost.. Have an NT4 Server w/ Exch 5.5...........network upgrade dictates the NT4 box be wiped and Win2K Server installed with Exchange 2000 on top of it. We have Exmerged the mailboxes out into pst files.............the W2K server will be joining a new domain with the same user accounts as NT4 domain. Aprox 100 user accounts are aliased to there mail accounts......example...user acct is User12Loc3 and the User12Loc3 user account has email aliased as BSmith@mycompany.com. Is a procedure available to map the pst files back to the user a...

Delegations?
Hi all, at work I am trying to set up a delegation. I am the boss and going on holiday....I need my delegate (another member of my team) to be able to access my email. I have set him up as a delegate with the correct permissions BUT, is there any way he can gain access to my outlook inbox automatically without having to do the FILE >> OPEN >> etc thing? TIA, PE1 The mailbox owner (you) needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into Tools | E-mail Accounts or Tools | Servic...

Too much access using Delegates.
Scenerio: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 & XP mail clients. 10 Users, all are in the Domain Users Group, Each User's MailBox Permissions is set to Defualt - None. Without even adding anyone to the Delegates Tab List, users are able to add additional mail boxes, and view the complete Mailbox tree of the added user. We are looking to implement Delegates, but I haven't been able to limit what users view additional mail boxes. Thanks, Tim Sounds like someone mucked with the original/default Exchange permissions. This doesn't happen by default. See the...

rms 1.3 #4
Do any of the credit card processors in RMS 1.3 support avs? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009E_01C89A50.B690C020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable JJ, No. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of...

Calendar Problems #3
I am trying to delete an entry from one of my users calendar and it is not letting me. I cannot delete of modify it in any way, is there a tool that will allow me to delete corrupt calendar entries without logging in as the user. This is a recurring event and I found an article stating that he may have too many recurring events. I will delete some if I have to but if some can let me know a better way. Thank you. You might try using OWA, or, if you can find it, an old Exchange 4.0 or 5.0 client. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ...

Delegate permissions lost after migration
G'day Group, Currently we have a exchange 5.5 and 2003 server running. We've migrated a small pilot group but i've noticed the following: When the users were migrated I cannot seem to set the Delegate permissions. From Outlook 2003>Tools>Options>Select Delegates. I add the proper user, add views and click apply>OK. Go back to double check the permissions and the delegate I've just added is gone. For some reason it is not retaining the settings. Not too sure what else to look into. Anyhelp would be appreciated. ...

Mail Delegates
I have imported address books for our salespeople and want my department to be able to send out "blast" emails on their behalf. All of the permissions seem to be set just fine, BUT... when I send out the email merge, the sender shows as me not the salesperson that I've chosen. I know I can go into options and select the "reply to" email address, I've also choses options, "From" and put in the salesperson's email address. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Dana ...

text to columns #3
I have an invoice that I cut and paste whole network application screen onto to fill out the invoice. It works really well using the text t columns feature (delimited, spaces). However, when I close the exce session, it no longer will be delimited. How do I fix this? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you want to save the de-limiting, SAVE the workbook If you don't, don't. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.19fyvo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.19fyvo@excelforum-no...

Print Preview #3
I just loaded Publisher 2007 and cannot seem to get anything but grayscale when previewing my work. Is there a setting I have overlooked? -- Allikat allikat33 wrote: > I just loaded Publisher 2007 and cannot seem to get anything but grayscale > when previewing my work. Is there a setting I have overlooked? If you have a colour HP printer, then no, this is a bug. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org I do have an HP color printer at home...but at work I have a Xerox color printer and it is only showing grayscale there too. I am going to asume they know of th...

LOG Files #3
How can read the log files generated on my server? Is there a Log reader utilty? The logs are not simple text files. Example "E0000004.log" they are not meant to be read, really...those are your transaction log files... "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF36C762-AA2B-4623-BE66-1656F9316903@microsoft.com... > How can read the log files generated on my server? Is there a Log reader > utilty? The logs are not simple text files. > > Example "E0000004.log" Well the problem is that I have had an "Explosion" of ...

Delegation
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Em Yeu wrote: > If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. > After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Answered your other post. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org ...

Help #3
I upgraded my Microsoft Outlook 98 to Microsoft Outlook 2002 and in the "Contacts" section, I lost all notes under every name, some phone numbers, and some addresses. All names transferred correctly. I then went back to the 98 version, hoping that the missing information would be there as it originally was, and it is not. I know it must be out there somewhere, but I do not know where to find it. We searched for .pst files, but they appear to be corrupt. Thank you for any help you can give me. Michelle ...

Filter by Color #3
Hi how can I filter by colors in Excel? Fallah You could add a helper column and determine the colorindex in that column, and filter on that column. A colorindex function is available at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Javid" <Javid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FBF83D8-AC36-4603-AB2F-CFF42422C19F@microsoft.com... > Hi > how can I filter by colors in Excel? > Fallah ...

Check printing #3
We have a user that began the check printing process in GP - the checks for the company printed okay, but when the check batch began posting, it errored out. Two of the batches eight transactions are available under series posting and say it is in historical, but the rest of the batch will not post. We have identified the transactions causing the problem but cannot see anything wrong with them. Can we do something other than voiding the entire batch and reprinting? The batch will be assigned the Status of Posting or Marked if there is a stop in processing or power fluctuation. 1....

sharing the same mailbox between 3 users
Hi, My enterprise want to exchange signed and crypted mails with another one. The entreprise we work with send us email to a unique adress user1@et.com. We have created the AD and the exchange user "user1" with an SSL certificate for decrypting and signing emails. But what we want to do is the following : - 3 users (john , dan & betty) must read the emails send to "user1" - john, dan & betty must reply to the external society via user1 identity but without logout and login with user1 identity How can we proceed ? thanks in advance ...

outlook problems #3
I have a linksys router and when I VPN into my work LAN I can't access any aplications. Outlook is one of those applications. I there a port other than 25 that exchange and outlook need? Try enabling MTU at 1492 and disable "Block WAN request". -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "tim foster" <fost125@juno.com> wrote in message news:00cf01c3aba8$356f2e00$a301280a@phx.gbl... I have a linksys router and when I VPN into my work LAN I can't access any aplications. Outlook is one of those applications. I there a port other tha...

delegates
i have a user who tries isremoving a delegate from their list but when she comes out and goes back into the list the delegate reappears! any ideas anyone? ...

Digital Signature #3
I am not sure if this is an Excel or a Windows question. Can anyone tell me how you can remove a signature from the signature dialog box after creating one via SelfCert.exe? I don't mean remove it from the excel file I mean from the choice of signature dialog box you are presented with when attaching a signature to a spreadsheet. -- Regards Sandy sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:OYggrWwEGHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...>I am not sure if this is an Excel or a Windows...