Delegate Access

Is there a way to setup delegate access through some sort
of administrative account?  Currently each user must
logon to their Exchange account via Outlook and set their
delegate access.  The issue is that users are either not
doing it or they are doing it incorrectly.  We would like
to have one person setup all the correct permissions
without having to logon to each person's Exchange account
via Outlook and make these changes.

Ray
0
anonymous (74722)

this is something that really must be done from the client...I had to write
up a little instruction memo and put it in a public folder for people to
refer to...

"Ray H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to setup delegate access through some sort
> of administrative account?  Currently each user must
> logon to their Exchange account via Outlook and set their
> delegate access.  The issue is that users are either not
> doing it or they are doing it incorrectly.  We would like
> to have one person setup all the correct permissions
> without having to logon to each person's Exchange account
> via Outlook and make these changes.

> Ray

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/1/2004 10:14:16 PM
Try this this - it might work but i didnt try ..

- create an acct called ExService
- Give this acct proper rights to open all mailboxes in a
Mailbox store
-Then you can setup profile and logon to any mailbox with
this acct under that mailbox store
-Then you can set the delegation for that mailbox..

Cheers...

Monir

0
anonymous (74722)

error on save with Access 2002
Access cannot save changes to dependant OLE object. (Direct translation of the Spanish error message) When trying to save record that has a field linked to a .pdf file. It works on Access 2K and not for Access 2K2 users Translation of error message continues: You have no permissions to write to log where object is stored or log is locked by another user Any idea how to fix this? ...

Access/jet to SQL Server
We have a client who has an urgent need for one of our "packaged" apps to be used with full SQL Server (not just MSDE) and not Jet and as we know nothing in this area we have some questions and any help is appreciated: 1. Our app uses Access Security with an mdw file for development which is not distributed as the app is accessed by the user's own system.mdw file as we have a couple of tables blocked (i.e. hold registration info etc) and only accessed by RWOP queries in the FE. Can this still be done with SQL? 2. Some of our tables start with "Usys" and it seems the wiz...

Outlook Web Access 01-20-10
How do I save an e-mail message from Outlook Web Access in My Documents? Version of OWA/Exchange? In Exchange 2007's OWA- click the printer button (then cancel the print) and then save the page as HTML. Press the Alt key open the menu bar if its not visible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-RE...

generate pdf with MS Access 2003 and ASP
Hi, I have an web application which allows user to print their invoice (in pdf format) from the browser. The application is developed using ASP and MS Access 2003 database. I would like to know if there is any tool for such purpose, no matter it is freeware or not. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks! "deadfish" <deadfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6989B14A-4786-4FC3-9731-EF71FDA9B596@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have an web application which allows user to print their invoice (in pdf > format) from the browser. What are you usn...

Access Exchange 2003 from another domain through trust relationship.
We currently have windows NT domain and exchange 5.5 in main office. The branch office has its own domain. The user from branch office access email through trust relationship. I have question about if I move on to windows 2003 Active Directory/Exchange 2003. The branch office want to keep its own forest. Is any way they can access email by using Microsoft outlook as we do in windows NT environment. I know OWA is one way, but we want to use MS outlook. Shouldn't be a problem except for one thing. You'll have to have an account for the branch office user in both forests. The...

Import file from Excel into Access macro
I need to do something simple. How can I automate being able to import a file into access that I get to select. I have some files that I want to append together, but the file names vary slightly each week. any thoughts on how to do this? Thanks! Stephanie On 29 May 2007 14:45:30 -0700, StephanieM wrote: > I need to do something simple. How can I automate being able to > import a file into access that I get to select. I have some files > that I want to append together, but the file names vary slightly each > week. > > any thoughts on how to do this? > > Than...

Outllook 20003 Trouble to access mail
Ok I'm using Windows XP under Toto account using Outllook 2003 to access Toto Exchange mail gives me no problem using Outllook 2003 to access Goupl Exchange mail gives me huge problem with no access and this: "Cannot start microsoft office outlook. Unable to open The outlook windows. The set of folders coudl not be opened. You don't have appropriate permisssion to perform this operation" But under Goupl Account, i have no trouble accessing Goupl Exchange mail What can i do to access this account ??????????? Hi Stan, Your question is a little confusing Do you have...

Problems with web access
Does the web access for CRM have to be installed on the default website? I created a new site in IIS as a subdomain (CRM.companyname.com) and during installation of CRM 1.2 told it to use that as it website. Everything seems to be installed correctly but I can't bring up the site. When I try to add users in user manager it gives me the same error joe mentioned in his post about not being able to access the website. Unfortunately I only have 1 physical server so CRM is sharing space with Exchange, OWA, and my company website. It seems awkward to try and run all of it in the defa...

How do I change a file from read only back to total access?
Right click the file and select properties -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0A4EFF9-975C-4A14-AEAC-FE4444BA40B2@microsoft.com... > Open the file....click No when asked to open as read only. Then File>Save As>Tools>General Options. Uncheck "Read Only" and save again. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:10:01 -0700, help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Thanks! "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Right click the file and select properties > > > -...

Access 2007 Change field size setting
I am new to access 2007 and it is considerably deifferent from 2002. I have a field (column) which should be a catalog number. I want to enter numbers such as 001-001, 001-002, etc and an error message keeps appearing that " I have entereted text in a numeric field or a number that is larger that the field size setting permits" I have searche dthe property sheet and can not find a field that will allow me to change the field size, also when I try and change the format from "general number" to a text it oly gives me numerical options to choose from. Please help if ...

Form
For some reason I can't change the "Movable" property in the property sheetfor any of my forms. I'm using Access 2007 and can't find any settings thatwould prevent this. Can anyone help?Henry Nevermind found the solution.-Office Button-Access Access Options-Current Database-Document Window Options select Overlapping WindowsAnd that was itHenry"Henry Hicks" <henry@carolinawest.net> wrote in message news:%23f89VYoXHHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...> For some reason I can't change the "Movable" property in the property > sheet> for any...

how to add html to access or create html page in access?
how i can add or create html page in my access application? There's an ActiveX control that allows you to insert a web browser onto a form as a control. However, I've never used it. What exactly are you trying to do? Access is fully capable of opening a web browser and navigating to a specific page when a hyperlink is followed. "zizou" <zizou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE4E938E-7395-49FD-935A-F86982644379@microsoft.com... > how i can add or create html page in my access application? There are also some third party html edito...

Access runtime automation
if only access runtime is installed (not office) can access runtime be used as an automation server ? if so, with late and early binding tia To the best of my knowledge, yes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Loterken" <loterken@pandora.be> wrote in message news:%236DsHc6xKHA.5480@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > if only access runtime is installed (not office) > can access runtime be used as an automation server ? > if so, with late and early binding > tia > > You cannot use ...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Microsoft Money account access via MSN Money on Web
I upgraded from an older version of Microsoft Money (2006?) to Microsoft Money Plus Premium and in trying to get back into the habit of using it I tried accessing things from the Web. When I go to my MSN Money account on the Web I don't see the full set of accounts - I deleted all the accounts that were there and resynced my Microsoft Money but there are now no accounts on the Web. The Microsoft Money on-line help talked about setting up the MS Money file for Web access, but I don't have this option - only the option to share with another user. Has MSN Money changed? Can we n...

Creating shortcut for Access 2003 on several different desktops
I have been requested to add a shortcut to a specific Access 2003 database on several different computers. Can you help me with this. Thanks -- Phyllis Hopefully the application has been split with the tables in one MDB file and the application/forms/etc in a second MDB file. If this is NOT true then you will need to search in this group and a couple others on the subject of "Split" databases. The search will give you a couple of solutions to creating and running split databases. If it is already split, hopefully the developer has supplied some type of shortcut type of file to...

CRM Web Synchronization / Remote Access
Hello Everyone, A couple of quick questions. We have just implemented CRM into our organization. I have setup access via a http://crm.company.com so the crm is accessible from the web. Is this the right thing to do? Is there anyway to restrict the users who are allowed to use the external version of crm? Should the crm client point to http://crm.company.com or http://internal. Thanks everyone in advance. Dan L 1. If you are putting Microsoft CRM on the web as part of your user requirements, you should *REALLY* look into securing it since anyone (outside your LAN) can intercept your...

Unable to access My Documents, My Pictures, in my own profile!
*I can't access any thing uder my user profile such as My Documents and My Pictures, it's a ADM profile with all rights. * *Do I need to access it with main PC Adm Profile and reset the rights?* [image: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17723] -- Gumby22 Try looking in the Documents and Picture folders ie no"my". Camper "Gumby22" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:f20a816cac42d8f1949134cc462ee574@nntp-gateway.com... > > *I can't access any thing uder my user profile such as My Documents a...

using clearcase with access
Hello there Can i use clear case with microsoft access like source safe? ...

Connecting Access to SQL
Hi everyone, I have a question about connecting access front end to SQL back end. Has anyone done that? Is it efficent? If it is efficent and does it help me with access issue with WAN (wide area network)? Thank you very much. Igor It is very common. It can be made efficient. It does not work very well over a WAN. Get Mary Chipman's book. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Igor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d8201c3f62e$01b8c280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > I have a question about connecting access front end to SQL > back en...

I am periodically getting a popup informing me that a program is trying to access my email addresses and asking me whether I sould allow this. When I answer no the popup recurs several times. After the last popup Outlook freezes up. I suspect there is some sort of virus trying to replicate itself, although my Norton Anti-virus is not picking it up. Any suggestions on how to find the program so I can delete it? Thanks! Dan http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems I suspect it's a legit program that is accessing outlook data, not a virus. What version of outlook ...

User Access Error 04-22-05
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 successfully on Windows SBS 2003. When I try to access the crm website I receive the following error: http://www.iotechno.com/CRM_UserAccessError.jpg User Access Error The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned al license. For more information, contact your system administrator. I have added users with Deployment Manager, but this error occurs even when I am on the actual mac...

Starting up access
I moved a database from a computer which was created with Access 97 to a new computer which has Access 2007. When I open the database I get an error message as follows: The form name "Startup" is misspelled or refers to a form that does not exist. I have no idea why this is happening and getting tired of haveing to respond each time I open Access. Can any make some suggestions how I can elimanate this.........Thank You It may be a convertion problem or possibly a corrupted problem MAYBE. Try importing the 97 database into a newly created 2007. Everything should work th...

database tools startup access 2007
In Access 2007 where is the startup option where you specify the form to open when the database is first opened? There is but like everything else, it has been relocated. Press the funky round thingy in the upper left corner of the screen. At the bottom of that dropdown is Access options. You'll have to look through those. I think the startup options are on the second or third page. I don't have A2007 here so I'm guessing which item contains the startup options. "qa4sw" <qa4sw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD268A15-32ED-4331-B545-8BCE...

Access denied when attempting to remove replicated server
Hi, I am attempting to remove an exchange server from a site. I have been able to remove all of the server from replication in every instance but the System Configuration Public System Folder. Here it asks for a user name and password, but no matter what account it denies access. Because this mailbox exists on the server I want to remove, I can't delete the server. I have looked at several articles about changing permissions with ASEDIT, and have changed the Public Folders Permission under CN=Config CN=Servies CN=Micorsoft Exchange CN=Site CN=Folder Heirarachies also under CN==Config ...