Delegate Access doesnt work with trusted domain

Hi Everyone

Background:

We host exchange on a specific domain lets call it domaina.co.za
We have trusts with a domain in its own forest domainb.co.za

On our side the account is disabled and we give the foreign domain account
rights to the mailbox (Full Mailbox and Assosiated External account)

This all works 100%

The problem comes in when 2 users that logon to the foreign domain want to
share calendars etc using delegates. They give the delegate access and the
other person can't open the folder "Unable to open folder"

This only happens when giving delegate access to someone who is not on the
exchange domain. It also doesnt happen all the time but does seem to happen
often most of the time (This is not limited to one domain we have trusts with)

Your assistance is appreciated. Please feel free to request clarification of
some kind.

Regards
Brendon
0
BrendonB (22)

como utilizar o access
ñ sei utilizar o access, preciso de ajuda! http://office.microsoft.com/pt-br/assistance/CH790018001046.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "garcia" <garcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:593EE1DB-A325-47C1-8E1F-086E2D7A25C4@microsoft.com... >� sei utilizar o access, preciso de ajuda! ...

Running Access Query Returns Incorrect Number of Records
I am running some code which loops through and runs the queries in an Access Database. The count of the records is then stored in a Worksheet. For most of the queries, the figure stored in the Worksheet matches the number of records if you run the query in Access. But for certain queries, the count of the records does not match the number of records when the query is run in Access. If I change the query to a make table query and then base another query on that table, the results are correct. Can anybody suggest running the query from Excel would results in a different number of records bein...

To mark today's column with a special color or sign in work week view
In Microsoft Outlook, I use work week view, displaying me five columns, each for a single work day. I'd like to see today's column marked with a special color or sign. It there a way to do it? Thanks. Dan ...

Delegate folder
I have set a user up so they can view another user's inbox, calendar etc, but wish to allow the delegate access to the other users folder via the Folder List, rather than them having to go to File, Open, Other User's Folder. How can I do this? ...

Accessing user Mailboxes
I recently upgraded from SBS2K (exchange 2K) to Windows Server 2K3 and Exchange 2K3 Enterprise. Before in exch 2k, I was able to access the other users mailboxes. Either by File - Open Other Users folders, or by adding the user from Tool - Email Accounts - View Change ..... Advanced tab - Add. My Id is a member of the Administrators tab... Is this still possible in 2k3? If so how? Dan Hi Dan, You may want to take a look at the following article to grant an account service account access to other user's mailboxes: 821897 How to assign service account access to all mailboxes...

Task delegation not working
After reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling Windows, almost everything on my computer works again. The one thing that doesn't is a bizarre change to the way Outlook 2000 handles task delegation. In the past, I could assign a task to a colleague, and it would appear on both my colleague's and my own task lists. When my colleague completed the task, I would get an 'update' message, and the task on my list would be marked as completed. I can still delegate tasks, but I no longer get the automatic updating of my task list when they are complete. On my colleague's compute...

Outlook Web Access Reply feature
I access our coporate exchange from two PC's at home using outlook web access, on one PC all is fine. On the other, when I reply to a message, I cannot access the body of the message. The option to press space and then type does not appear. Shows an "x" similar to that shown on a web site when image is not downloaded. I suspect there is some Active X or similar control that has not downloaded correctly. How can I fix this? Oh yes, this PC on running Vista Ultimate. Thanks Chris Try reposting to an Exchange group as OWA belongs to Exchange, not = Outlook. microsoft.publ...

Convert secure access 97 dbase to access 2000
Anyone give me the easiest solution to converting a secure access 97 database to a secure access 2000 database? Open it in 2000 while joined to the 97 version mdw (2000 can read/use 97 mdw files fine), and logged in as a member of the Admins group. Another alternative is to open it in 97, unsecure it, convert it to 2000 and resecure. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Michael Curtis" <michael.3.curtis@bt.com> wrote in message news:119801c39198$4a939bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone give me the easiest solution to converting a secure > access 97 database to a secure...

OMA on Front-end server doesn't work
I have a front-end server and a back-end server. OMA works great on the back-end server. OWA works great on the front-end server. When I try to use OMA on the front-end server I get a "The page cannot be found" page. Both front-end and back-end machines are w2kadvancedserver. Front-end server uses ssl for OWA. Any ideas on how to make it work. It works now. I had to re-register ASP.NET with IIS. "chadley" wrote: > I have a front-end server and a back-end server. OMA works great on the > back-end server. OWA works great on the front-end server. When I...

Exclusive access in a shared environment
Hello - I'm having trouble with an application I'm distributing to multiple users on a local network. A certain percentage of the users are getting an error message saying that they do not have exclusive access to the database and that 'any changes will be lost'. The worst part is that this message is a 'looping popup', that is when you click 'ok' the popup immediately reappears, ad infinitum. -- These users have read/write access to the shared files in question. -- Even though the looping popup effectively crashes the app, the ldb file is being succe...

Outlook blocks access
I am trying to sync my large address book in Outlook with my phone using Bluetooth. When I open the connection Outlook tells me an application is trying to open Outlook & allows a maximum of 10minutes to get the information it requires. Unfortunately that's not enough time for my phone to sync all the contacts. Can I disable this feature on a temporary or permanent basis? or can I increase the maximum allowed time currently offered by Outlook. Any help gratefully received Chris Check with your synchronization tool vendor for a newer version that avoids the security prompt....

Too much access using Delegates.
Scenerio: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 & XP mail clients. 10 Users, all are in the Domain Users Group, Each User's MailBox Permissions is set to Defualt - None. Without even adding anyone to the Delegates Tab List, users are able to add additional mail boxes, and view the complete Mailbox tree of the added user. We are looking to implement Delegates, but I haven't been able to limit what users view additional mail boxes. Thanks, Tim Sounds like someone mucked with the original/default Exchange permissions. This doesn't happen by default. See the...

Delegations?
Hi all, at work I am trying to set up a delegation. I am the boss and going on holiday....I need my delegate (another member of my team) to be able to access my email. I have set him up as a delegate with the correct permissions BUT, is there any way he can gain access to my outlook inbox automatically without having to do the FILE >> OPEN >> etc thing? TIA, PE1 The mailbox owner (you) needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into Tools | E-mail Accounts or Tools | Servic...

Simple Access counting queries

2 different domains/1 exchange server
Hi. I'm currently running E2k03 SP1 as my mail server in our network. Recently another company move in our building (same owner) and both company are sharing network infrastructure. Each company has a different AD domains and this domains are not related in any ways (trust relationship). Is there any way that I can provide mail services to the new neighbors without trusting the domains or using pop3? -- Elvyn Gutierrez Pellerano & Herrera MIS/Lan Manager ...

eConnect Access Denied
I am trying to call the Com+ object in eConnect 8.0 from a windows forms application and I am getting an Access is Denied error. After the installation the COM+ object in component services is configured as activation type "Server Application", Impersonation Level - "Impersonate" and Account - a domain user who has SQL Server access and is a member of DYNGRP. If I change the activation type to "Library Application" it works, but then I can not use this with a web application that calls the eConnect 8.0 component. I need to configure the component in a w...

Accessing Google SDK from Powershell.
So, far, I have managed to load the DLL libraries. I have even managed to connect to picasaweb as a service. Has anyone out there done anything with Google SDK in powershell? Is Zend a requirement for .NET? Thanks in advance!!! Chris http://www.powershellblog.com Sorry, which SDK exactly? http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html Marco "chris@powershellblog.com" <df2002@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7e24cc4f-4fdf-4dcb-87cf-8614b0de0bf9@u9g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > So, far, I have managed to load the DLL libraries. > > I hav...

Synch of all day events does not work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I use Entourage 2008 for my business email and calender. I synch the calender with iCal and iPhone. If I create an all day event on the Mac side, it will appear in Exchange (in the office) as an event that runs from 2 am on the first day until 2 am on the second day. MobilMe and Entourage display the correct time. What can I do about this? ...

My Toggle btn code not working?
I am trying to code my toggle button so that when I click the button the Font bolds and takes another color. I found this code on another post. But it doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be great! Here is the code. Private Sub Call_Back_Click() If Me.CallBackBtn.FontBold = False Then Me.CallBackBtn.FontBold = True Me.CallBackBtn.ForeColor = vbRed Else Me.CallBackBtn.FontBold = False Me.CallBackBtn.ForeColor = vbBlack End If End Sub Thanks Dustin The name of the event is Call_Back_Click, but you're referring to Me.CallBackBtn. If the name of the button is ...

Delegate permissions lost after migration
G'day Group, Currently we have a exchange 5.5 and 2003 server running. We've migrated a small pilot group but i've noticed the following: When the users were migrated I cannot seem to set the Delegate permissions. From Outlook 2003>Tools>Options>Select Delegates. I add the proper user, add views and click apply>OK. Go back to double check the permissions and the delegate I've just added is gone. For some reason it is not retaining the settings. Not too sure what else to look into. Anyhelp would be appreciated. ...

Mail Delegates
I have imported address books for our salespeople and want my department to be able to send out "blast" emails on their behalf. All of the permissions seem to be set just fine, BUT... when I send out the email merge, the sender shows as me not the salesperson that I've chosen. I know I can go into options and select the "reply to" email address, I've also choses options, "From" and put in the salesperson's email address. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Dana ...

how do I access my home cpu from work
I use hotmail at home. I receive my hotmail messages via Outlook frame. I just want to be able to receive files (if possible) at work. HELP! "D in Seattle" <D in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AF5EF78-6AAF-4108-8EA4-B62DF110A563@microsoft.com... >I use hotmail at home. I receive my hotmail messages via Outlook frame. I > just want to be able to receive files (if possible) at work. HELP! So you work bans your access to Hotmail and you think they really want you downloading attachments from your Hotmail account to your, oops, *THEIR* hosts?...

Change data and form crashes Access
I have a split database in which there is a form based on a table (let's call it Frm2). It has about eight fields on it, four comboboxes and four textboxes. The form opens from a button on another form (call it Frm1), based on the same table. When I close Frm2 I go back to Frm1. Seems straight forward enough. If any data is changed on Frm2 it causes Access to crash upon closing Frm2. If no data is changed, closing Frm2 causes no problem. Frm1 has a Tab Control on it with a subform on most tabs, each based on seperate tables, and linked to the record on Frm1. I've recreated Frm2...

access denied
cannot open completed worksheet from folder that is in My documents. Cannot do anything with it. ...

Open an excel spreadsheet and run a macro from Access VB
I have an Access 2007 database that creates an Excel spreadsheet via the DoCmd.OutputTo method. The method creates and opens the Excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to have Access run an Excel macro from another spreadsheet in the one that was just created? (I need Access to create DataSpreadsheet, open DataSpreadsheet, then run a macro from MacroSpreadsheet in DataSpreadsheet) I'm not sure if you run Excel code in Access, per se, but why don't you just put your excel code inside of an access module??? Make sure you set a reference to Excel, and then run this cod...