Delayed Mail to AOL and Yahoo / Reverse DNS?

Hi. We recently got an Exchange 2003 server up. Most mail can be sent and
received fine. However some messages sent to large providers like AOL and
Yahoo are not received. First the message is delayed then it fails completely.

I suspect the issue is related to DNS. The domain that supports our LAN is
not registered. The one that supports our email is. The Exchange server logs
into fakedomain.com, but handles mail for realdomain.com. We have a DNS
server on fakedomain.com, but external DNS (for fakedomain.com) is handled by
our ISP. They also entered the info for reverse DNS.

When I run nslookup on the public IP of my mail server on a machine outside
of my LAN it resolves to mail.realdomain.com. The host name of my Exchange
server is not "mail." Also, in the delay messages it says the message is
coming from hostname.fakedomain.com, not the registered domain.

I'm new to Exchange and DNS, so this problem is confusing to me. Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Clay (clayn@tmf.org)
0
Clay (19)

aol has started to refuse mail based on a reverse lookup for the server
sending the email.
i had the same problem, created the pointer record and it was fixed

"Clay" <Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. We recently got an Exchange 2003 server up. Most mail can be sent and
> received fine. However some messages sent to large providers like AOL and
> Yahoo are not received. First the message is delayed then it fails
> completely.
>
> I suspect the issue is related to DNS. The domain that supports our LAN is
> not registered. The one that supports our email is. The Exchange server
> logs
> into fakedomain.com, but handles mail for realdomain.com. We have a DNS
> server on fakedomain.com, but external DNS (for fakedomain.com) is handled
> by
> our ISP. They also entered the info for reverse DNS.
>
> When I run nslookup on the public IP of my mail server on a machine
> outside
> of my LAN it resolves to mail.realdomain.com. The host name of my Exchange
> server is not "mail." Also, in the delay messages it says the message is
> coming from hostname.fakedomain.com, not the registered domain.
>
> I'm new to Exchange and DNS, so this problem is confusing to me. Any
> suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> -Clay (clayn@tmf.org)

0
jjd228 (96)
8/31/2004 7:00:24 PM
be changed. Now
>internal DNS points mail and mailserverhostname to the
mail server. I've also
>configured the virtual SMTP so that the FQDN matches the
real domain name
>instead of the fake one (which was the default). We'll see
if that helps.
>Thanks for the suggeestion.
>
>"jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net" wrote:
>
>> aol has started to refuse mail based on a reverse lookup
for the server
>> sending the email.
>> i had the same problem, created the pointer record and
it was fixed
>.
We just had the same issue with yahoo and aol mail.  My
mail provider added a reverse dns lookup, and then removed
our district's name from some sort of list.  Hope this helps...
0
anonymous (74722)

mail box
hi evry time somebody tries to send me mail they get it back stating mail box full how do i go about emptying it "george" <george@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:634D5671-2D73-4BA3-B35F-AADB12E61849@microsoft.com... > hi evry time somebody tries to send me mail they get it back stating mail > box > full how do i go about emptying it It sounds like you have the setting selected to "retain a copy of each mail on the server"? This setting is needed for users who collect mail to several devices, desktop PC & Laptop &a...

Mail Reminder
Hi, Is it posible to set a reminder for myself of a mail that i send to someone else ? Regards, Daniel Quintero Check out mapilab.com's "email follow up" add-in -----Original Message----- From: Daniel QUintero [mailto:dquintero@redsis.com] Posted At: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:10 PM Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Mail Reminder Subject: Mail Reminder Hi, Is it posible to set a reminder for myself of a mail that i send to someone else ? Regards, Daniel Quintero Daniel QUintero <dquintero@redsis.com> wrote: > Is it posible to set a rem...

primary e-mails
Hi I have exchange 2003. When I go to the properties of the user and in e-mail tab, there are lots of e-mails there. That is normal. What isn't normal is that I have a user that is missing one of those e-mails for him to work properly. A normal user has 2 x500 type e-mails and neither is set as primary, while the user that is not working has only one x500. When I try to add another x500 is sets it to primary which I do not want. Any way to make it so that when I add a x500 address that none of them are primary? Thanks!! "ib_redbeard" <ibredbeard@discussions.micr...

Delay in an action for certain time and then let it execute
How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute automatically. For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the form after 2 Minute time. How do this 2 min delay can be imposed? "aliz" <aliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F82FA6-B807-4A70-A2F4-64932F83C778@microsoft.com... > How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute > automatically. > For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the > form > after 2 Minute time. > > How do this 2 m...

Creating a workflow rule to e-mail if service activity is not closed
We are new to CRM workflow. We want to create a workflow process that will e-mail the person assigned to a service appointment if they have NOT closed the appointment within 24 hours after the scheduled end. How do we trigger the rule to run at creation, but wait for the 24 hour period after the scheduled end to send the e-mail? Thanks, Gavin Hi Gavin, It just so happens that I made a blog post about this 2 days ago :). Take a look at www.cwrmobility.com/weblog, it includes a screenshot of the workflow. You have to use a timer condition that waits until 24 hours after the schedu...

Failure to send e-mail
Have received the follwoing 2 messages as being unable to deliver e-mails, one was to a .net address the other to a .co.u anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to resolv 1. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 mail from 212.69.243.42 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted) 2. there was a SMTP communicatio problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 sm...

Outlook 2002 mail Oddity
When I type an e-mail in Outlook 2002 the cursor jumps from one line to another while typing. It does this randomly and is very annoying. Sometimes it jumps back into the same line you're typing and inserts right into the existing line. Also, when I hit the shift key to capitalize a letter, it highlights the entire note. This just started in the last few days. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem may be? I'm utilizing the XP firewall, I'm behind a router, I have Norton Corp. Antivirus, and Earthlink as an ISP. I've done a complete and through virus check and found ...

Typing delays
I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fast everything gets stuck and i have to slowly enter each letter. Can anyone help? Unlikely to be related to Outlook, esp. as it's happening in Word, too. Does it happen in, say, Notepad? I'd post in a group for your OS version. Renee wrote: > I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and > Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before > the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fa...

How do I set up a mail merge in Publisher e-mail?
I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has anyone done this? Can it be done? If so, what is the process? Thanks for any help yo can provide. Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the > recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has > anyone done this? Can it be done? Nope and nope. Sorry! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Snail mail spam - novel concept, q...

Recieving mail from most isp's
Hi, i see alot of messages like theese , but i have gone through most of what i have seen and everything my end seems fine, i am not recieving mail from most servers ipowerweb is a good example, now a trusted friend has tested and coannot find any problem as to why i cannot recieve mail from the address but yet he can recieve from me, no i believe ipowerweb is a php mailing system ( not 100% sure ) but i have updated version of php installed and everything seems fine on that side, i am not an open relay ( i was at one time but i fixed it ) i am also not on black lists as i spent a long time ge...

Delayed sending of emails
Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would not go out . Right? Danz, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:38:00 -0700: > Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I > will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would > not go out . Right? That's right. But many email providers support that feature. If someone sends an email to you during your absence this mails will be replied automatically with an message th...

Forwarding e-mail
Is there a way to automatically remove original senders from the e-mail when forwarding them. Not without writing some code to do so. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TBatt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there a way to automatically remove original senders | from the e-mail when forwarding them. ...

Send mail fails to multiple recipients
I cannot send email to more than two recipients. If I add any more recipients in the To: box, the message is not delivered. Message tracking center displays the following.. SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message Any clues how I can fix this? "Steve Bruce" <steve@bruce.com> wrote in message news:4135f5b1$0$25424$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com... >I cannot send email to more than two recipients. > > If I ...

Office 2007 save as delay
In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do it. If I click on the side icons (like My coputer or My document) it moves a bit quicker, but it is still delaying the saving process. In Windows, disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. CristianA wrote: > In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the > default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do > it. If I click on the side icons (lik...

mail merge issue
just got a new computer with 2007. Old system was 2003 on Vista Do invoices and envelopes for the advertisers in our town newsletter thru mail merge which is an .mdb file in Access. Somehow, it has decided that I can only use 3 of the 86 entries in that file. Am able to get to the whole thing in Access by overriding the security popup but can't get it useable by other programmes. Pulling my hair out. What can I do to get "access" to this information short of retyping it all over again? Can't figure how to print it from Access either which would make it som...

Does MSCRM 4.0 support Single Labeled Domain/DNS environment
Hi Could anyone confirm or provide reference if CRM4 is supported in a Single Labeled Domain/DNS environment. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300684 does not mention CRM. Many Thanks ...

Internet Mail Service
Can anyone troubleshoot this situation, my IMS, is flood with Outbound messages waiting to deliver. These outques are not from internal sender but it has no originator. I stop the IMS service and clean out the outque but when I started the IMS again it fill up with thousands of outque message quickly. Thanks in advance -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspect...

Email duplication on pop 3 using multiple computers and leaving mail on the serv
Anyone else have this issue? Its a shared server at rackspace, and they are running cpanel on a lunix server. I am getting outlook 2003 downloading messages sometimes 20 times and my inbox is full of duplicates. ...

"Windows Mail can compact the message Store" can or could do harm?
I am having the window poping up every time. I was told that you have to be careful as it can harm your computer if certain other things are installed. I do not recall what they were but I choose to just ignor the message and quit it. Then one day about a week after I was told this when I left Windows Mail I must have hit it by mistake as it started doing the compacting right away , it seemed automatic. After it was done, I did not have the message popping up but I DID start having all sorts of anoying problems with my computer, like Outlook closing suddenly and my wireless be...

Messages delay...!!!!
I have Exchange 5.5 Standard and I Install other server in the same site Exchange 5.5 Enterprise. The messages delays after it has been sent. They appears in block after any client Outlook to send a new message, the same as if i sync in off-line mode. Is there paramters in the registry or other? please help me, JCR ...

Unexplained Junk Mail
I have "Safety Options" set to "No Automatic Filtering" and my "Blocked Senders" list is empty. Yet, e-mail that is important to me is sent to my Junk Folder! What gives? Is the email from a Contact ? Is the recipient address a Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com) ? Is the recipient email account setup as Http ? Does the email contain links or graphics ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Bill Stine" <Bill Stine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A61B1AAA-7E9A-4719-AEFE-769A2769CB1C@microsoft.com......

cannot save logo to e mail signature
trying to save a logo to outlook signature, when clicking advance edit i get a message that 'the next program in incompatible with outlook', i an m able to continue and create the signature with logo in Word but when saved the logo does not appear in the preview box. I have saved some print characters to the signature but not the logo. What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://...

repeated delivery of mail (100's) and log files grow until no spac
I have a couple of Users that suddenly get 100's of old mail redelivered and the Exchange logs build until the drive runs out of space. I had a low space issue to begin with. I just moved the database to a larger RAID drive. Any thoughts as to what was causing this problem? -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ Houston, TX "mrecomm101" <mrecomm101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3B0C429-D606-4EA8-9A51-3799844970FC@microsoft.com... >I have a couple of Users that suddenly get 100's of old mail redelivered ...

Incoming e-mails only in plain text #2
I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incomin e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing th more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all i just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something ha been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but al to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlink when people reply. I should have mentioned that the version is Outlook 2002 (Office XP). Any ideas anyone? I posted...

Mail messages not visible
Hi, I have an odd one: I have a user who can only see 82 messages in his mailbox - nothing from before the 5th of this month when these should go back more than a year. Checking the mailbox in our mailstore with Exchange Manager I see he has 1,200 in his mailbox and our backup software agrees. He sees the same number (82) when checking via OWA. So far as I can tell he is the only person with this problem. I have removed caching from his instance Outlook but am at a loss as to the next step. We are running Win2003/EX2003 and he is using XP/Outlook2003. All suggestions gr...