Delayed emails days late

Hi, Have Exchange 2003 with a Mailsweeper that directs mail from external
email addresses to mailboxes.  Anyone had any issues with mail not arriving
in peoples inboxes until 2-3 days after it was sent and sometimes 2 copies
come in.  This only seems to occur for external emails.  Also is there
somewhere on the Exchange server that I can check the queue's to see if
anything is held up.

In system manager the Exchange queues don't really show much
thanks
--
Kath
0

What do the headers show you? (Get properties on a message, select Options
and look at the resulting page.) There should be an indication as to which
relay held the message for an inordinate amount of time.

SysMgr shows all queues and any undelivered messages in them. Double click
on a queue, then Find Messages to see individual info on the messages in a
queue. Double click on a result message to see stats about it.
bill
"Kaddie" <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi, Have Exchange 2003 with a Mailsweeper that directs mail from external
> email addresses to mailboxes.  Anyone had any issues with mail not
> arriving
> in peoples inboxes until 2-3 days after it was sent and sometimes 2 copies
> come in.  This only seems to occur for external emails.  Also is there
> somewhere on the Exchange server that I can check the queue's to see if
> anything is held up.
>
> In system manager the Exchange queues don't really show much
> thanks
> --
> Kath

0
bpierini (8)
2/20/2007 11:01:02 PM
thanks, our Mailsweeper expert has since tried this and discovered an issue
there not at the exchange level.
--
Kath

"Kaddie" wrote:

> Hi, Have Exchange 2003 with a Mailsweeper that directs mail from external
> email addresses to mailboxes.  Anyone had any issues with mail not arriving
> in peoples inboxes until 2-3 days after it was sent and sometimes 2 copies
> come in.  This only seems to occur for external emails.  Also is there
> somewhere on the Exchange server that I can check the queue's to see if
> anything is held up.
>
> In system manager the Exchange queues don't really show much
> thanks
> --
> Kath
0
kathied (62)

outlook displays error message when trying to send emails to emails addresses on a outside server
hi all, outlook is displaying the error message " server rejected the following receipients" error message when i try to send emails to email id's on a different server. However the emails ID's on the same server go thru without a problem. Can anybody please help me out of this ASAP. ...

Delay in an action for certain time and then let it execute
How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute automatically. For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the form after 2 Minute time. How do this 2 min delay can be imposed? "aliz" <aliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F82FA6-B807-4A70-A2F4-64932F83C778@microsoft.com... > How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute > automatically. > For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the > form > after 2 Minute time. > > How do this 2 m...

Emailing from Word 2000
Our company uses Office 2000 Standard and Outlook 2003. We are unable to send email from Word. I have seen on other forums that you need matching Outlook and Word versions to make that feature work. I have not found any validation that this is indeed the case on Microsoft. Can anyone validate that this is true? It has been a while since I used Word 2000, but I have no problem e-mailing from Word 2003 with Outlook 2007. However as Word 2000 pre-dates Outlook 2003, I do not believe that you will be able to use Word as e-mail editor (Outlook 2007 does not use Word as e-mail edito...

Charging Late Fees
I've got a client who charges finance charges once a month for customers with overdue balances. What they would like is to charge late fees for customers who were late payers but paid before the time to assess occurred. For example: Customer is invoiced on 9/1 with a due date of 10/5. Finance charges are assessed on 9/30. The customer, because they aren't late, does not get a finance charge. Customer pays on 10/20, 15 days late. Finance charges are assessed on 10/31. GP would not assess a finance charge because the customer does not have a balance. Does anybody know of a w...

Typing delays
I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fast everything gets stuck and i have to slowly enter each letter. Can anyone help? Unlikely to be related to Outlook, esp. as it's happening in Word, too. Does it happen in, say, Notepad? I'd post in a group for your OS version. Renee wrote: > I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and > Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before > the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fa...

Delayed sending of emails
Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would not go out . Right? Danz, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:38:00 -0700: > Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I > will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would > not go out . Right? That's right. But many email providers support that feature. If someone sends an email to you during your absence this mails will be replied automatically with an message th...

Email sits in Outbox
I know I have asked this question before and had the answer but new install and same problem. sending email in outlook 2003 and it will sit in the outbox untill I hit s/r a second time. Please help so I dont have to do this ;) Thanx JAS Disable your antivirus program that scans mail. See if this issue stops -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Johnathon Aaron Steel" <me@u.ca> wrote in message news:56rh31hsb621cpi6hg3mh5u7jkei1s46h5@4ax.com... >I know I have asked this question before and had the answer but new > install and same proble...

Office 2007 save as delay
In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do it. If I click on the side icons (like My coputer or My document) it moves a bit quicker, but it is still delaying the saving process. In Windows, disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. CristianA wrote: > In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the > default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do > it. If I click on the side icons (lik...

calculate day for day
I need a formula to calculate day for day for a 365 year. The only function I can find in excel is days360. For example: If I took a vacation from 1 mar 04 thru 10 mar 04 that would be 10 days. Which I can do with SUM +1 but if the cells are blank I need the amount of days to be zero (or blank) not 1. Hi Try something like this: =((C8-C7)+AND(C7>0,C8>0))*(AND(C7>0,C8>0)) -- Andy. "AG" <AG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4D39D78-CEF3-44D2-B6EF-B239B557AF1E@microsoft.com... >I need a formula to calculate day for day for a 365 year. ...

Email duplication on pop 3 using multiple computers and leaving mail on the serv
Anyone else have this issue? Its a shared server at rackspace, and they are running cpanel on a lunix server. I am getting outlook 2003 downloading messages sometimes 20 times and my inbox is full of duplicates. ...

Messages delay...!!!!
I have Exchange 5.5 Standard and I Install other server in the same site Exchange 5.5 Enterprise. The messages delays after it has been sent. They appears in block after any client Outlook to send a new message, the same as if i sync in off-line mode. Is there paramters in the registry or other? please help me, JCR ...

Lost emails 02-14-10
Hi I recently I had a problem getting windows to start up on my pc and the problem resisted all attempts to rectify the issues. So I took the decision to reload windows but so I didn't loose anything stored on my hard drive I loaded a fresh copy of windows on a new drive and set my original drive as slave. I can now access all my old files and have relocated them to the new drive except my emails so what I am asking is dose any one know the path that outlook 2003 uses to store emails in the inbox so I can transfer them to my new installation and access them. I have tried booting my origina...

Setting up email groups
I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church, work, etc. Can't figure it out....duh. Thanks Donald Allen, you wrote on Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:47:01 -0400: > I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church, > work, etc. Create a new distribution list: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284292/en-us If I missunderstood please clarify what you want to do. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net You mean a distribution group. You should be able to, in your Address Book select File > New Entry &...

Dragging email item to calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop In earlier versions of Outlook, I could drag an email item to my calendar. Is that no longer possible? On 1/18/10 5:31 AM, in article 59bb12ed.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "jshatl@officeformac.com" <jshatl@officeformac.com> wrote: > In earlier versions of Outlook, I could drag an email item to my calendar. Is > that no longer possible? You can link an event to an email, but you can�t drag an email to the calendar. See Entourage Help topic "Create links between Entourage i...

Digitally signed emails
I have three SMTP servers, all Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 running Exchange 2003 with SP1. Of these servers, I have one user who sends digitally signed emails. He just emailed me indicating that only one of the three servers is allowing digitally signed emails to be sent. I've never had a user doing this (or at least, I've never had a user tell me he has problems doing this) and am wondering what I need to look at in order to troubleshoot the matter. Where is the setting that permits/restricts the sending of digitally signed emails? Joe Grover ...

Outlook Rule That Forwards after Time Delay if Message not Read
Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read after a certain amount of time, that Outlook will automatically forward a copy to someone else? I have Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Thanks. Nope. Rules run at the time of receipt or sending. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Sabrina" <spedeupe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152573563.135350.183000@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read > after a certain amount of ...

Top Sales days top z report days report
Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales /highest z reports ? Does any one know how to find those in RMS? Is there a custom report for this ? Thanks Robert Robert: Do you want to look at your past journals/Z reports and print a new report in descending order by sales showing dates? Over what period of time: last month, quarter, year...? Aloha, Miles miles@pacificcomp.biz Pacific Computer Systems Miles Baidack Supporting Business Since 1985 Phone: (808)395-8156 or (808)277-8156 "Robert" wrote: > Does anyone know how to find my top sale...

Delay Methods
VB6 I have two timers running. In each timer routine I need to have a variable delay (10 mSec to 1000 mSec). The delay only needs to be accurate to a few mSecs but should be consistent each time it is encountered. What is the best way to do these "simultaneous" delays so they do not interfere with each other? Is for example Sleep 10& acceptable or do I have to write a class with a CreateWaitableTimer and instantiate one for each timer subs? This is a hardware interface. On 20/07/2010 03:13, BeeJ wrote: > VB6 > I have two timers running. > In each ...

email #44
mail will not pop unless he send/receive button is hit. it is set to aytomatically retrieve every 1 minute. when someone sends me an email it goes straight to my deleted items box ...

Strips text in Emails from Israel
I've just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. All the Emails from a contact in Israel saved in old folders were stripped of all text, and every new mail I now get from a contact in Israel are stripped of text?? The email arrives ... but no text content. The header and sender field is OK???? Any suggestions. ...

Drag and drop with delayed rendering
Environment: Win2003, VS.NET 2003, unmanaged VC++ Hello, I'm trying to implement drag and drop feature into my client application. This application shows a ListView control, where the various items represent file which are located on a remote server. To be copied outside the client area they first need to be retieved from the server on a self-developed channel. That's because I need to employ delayed rendering. Here is what I do: I catch the win message with OnBeginDrag when the operation starts. Inside OnBeginDrag I instantiate an object derived from COleDataSource where I override O...

cannot send or receive emails...
I'm setting up an email account on a notebook & I keep getting this message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'home office', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you need to check include: Server Tab: "My server requires authentication" (Click "Settings" button also and fill in "Log on...

email signatures in outlook #2
In outlook 2000 when I create a signature it looks fine but when I open a new mail message the signature is double spaced as opposed to single spaced like I created. What is happening? Thanks Bill Are you using Shift+Enter or Enter when you create the signature? See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/dblspace_html.htm for an explanation. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ...

Migration and X.400 email addresses
We just upgraded from SBS4.5 to SBS2003 and most everything went just fine. There is one glitch that I don't know how to solve. If we try to reply to an internal email sent before the migration the address is not valid because the server names are different. This changes the X.400 address and the old doesn't work. Is there a solution or work around that will fix this? I am hoping for something other than forward instead of reply, but if that is all that can be done I guess it will do. Thanks, Robert You can add x500 addresses that match that of the old addresses. See the...

Emails stuck in queue #2
I have a few hundred messages that are just sitting in my queue that are to non-existing users. Why doesn't exchange drop these. I know that I can use a receipient filter to drop these messages before they even make it to my mail system, but that is causing a whole other issue. Shouldn't the server recoginize that the user doesn't exist, then return a 550 error (but since I have NDR's disabled, shouldn't it just dropt the message?) If not, is there a way for me to get it to do that?? If you are using Exchange 2003 you can configure the system to drop SMTP sessi...