Deferred connection rest by the exchange server

Hello,

I have a sendmail server that aliases some accounts and sends their mails to
the exchage server.  The situation is the following: a@exchange sends a mail
to b@sendmail.  b@sendmail is aliased to c@exchange.
Most of the times, the e-mails go thru with no problem. But I am seeing more
and more "defeerred Connection reset by mail.glidewell.local" the exchange
server.
Could somebody tell me what may be going on?

Thank you.

Did some research on this, most users who are getting this also appear
to be in a non homegenous environment ie. Sendmail + Exchange and some
involve some possible looping. I'm wondering if you're experiencing
some looping and somehow maxing out your SMTP sessions or something of
that nature. Does your SMTP logs on both your Exchange and Sendmail
give any more info other than the deferred message? Check your perfmon
for SMTP\inbound connections current.

James Chong

BlaiseKossi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a sendmail server that aliases some accounts and sends their mails to
> the exchage server.  The situation is the following: a@exchange sends a mail
> to b@sendmail.  b@sendmail is aliased to c@exchange.
> Most of the times, the e-mails go thru with no problem. But I am seeing more
> and more "defeerred Connection reset by mail.glidewell.local" the exchange
> server.
> Could somebody tell me what may be going on?
>
> Thank you.

Deferred Delivery Doesn't Defer
I'm running OL2000 CW and Exchange Server 2003. I also have an OL rule that defers all outgoing messages by 2 minutes. Even if I set a deferred delivery for an outbound message, it doesn't get deferred by more than the 2-minutes in the OL rule. That is, even if I set delivery for 3 days from now, the message sits in the outbox for 2 minutes and then gets delivered. It appears that the 2-minute OL rule is taking precednece over the deferred delivery. Why wouldn't the two work together? On 10 Oct 2005 07:27:47 -0700, "Gary" <gkushner@gmail.com> wrote: >I...

Vista Home Premium - why IIS log files
Using ccleaner on my laptop I find it removes large IIS files. What do they contain? Why not turn off the IIS functions (via ms features) and free whatever space and time they occupy? Any opinions? ...

Exmerge Utility for Exchange 5.5
Hello. Could someone please post a link to the current Exmerge Utility for Exchange 5.5? I could only find the 2003 version of Exmerge on Microsoft's web site. Thanks. The 2003 version is supposed to be backwards compatible and will work just fine with a 5.5 server. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en states that it can be run against 5.5, 2000 and 2003. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:oyNod.99059$Tq1.41517@bignews1.b...

Connect to Server
Hi I just loaded RMS 1.3 on my local c drive In the system tray I click on "SQL Server Service Manager". It is running SQL Server. So I close it. Then I Open Store Operation Administrator and click connect to server. Info in the box is Server = local, Toggled on "user sql server authentication", User = sa, password = emtpy, database = rmssample What should the user name and password be to get started? Someone please shed some light on this? Thanks The username is sa. The password is what ever you setup during the installation of the software. You need to delete RMSSam...

Exchange 2003
Dear MS, Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via Exchagne 2003 that would pull a users information from AD and populate the signature directly? We would like to streamline what our employees signatures look like and control it from one place. If this is already possible, please post back with instructions. Best Regards, Mike ISO Group On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:44:02 -0700, ISO Mike <ISOMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear MS, > >Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via >Exchagne 2003 that wou...

Titan Exchange Integration
I was wondering if there was better integration with Exchange in terms of calendar data being integrated and such. CRM 4.0 will offer the ability to sync other activity type into Outlook tasks. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "mlnetcor" <mlnetcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F09B113-6659-40E5-B2E4-9BA7EB67EB6A@microsoft.com... I was wondering if there was better integration with Exchange in terms of calendar data being integrated and such. Do you know if this will be a back end function or will you need to use an Outlook client. "Matt P...

CRM 4.0 Off line Connectivity
I have a pilot program going on for CRM 4.0. The server has been installed on a virtual image using windows server 2003 and production exchange and AD. Everything works fine and the server is very fast however I am getting the following error when attempting offline access to CRM 4.0. The diagnostic states: "Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.WarningDiagnosticCheckException: The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor, which can cause poor performance and occasional errors. Contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator. at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.D...

Can Not Enter Actuals inMy Tasks after Server 2007 SP2 install
Hi folks, Immeidately after an upgrade of Server 2007 to SP2, users could no longer edit actual hours in My Task's daily time grid, but could still edit other fields like “Start” and “Finish". We figured the February 2010 Cumulative Update (CU) would fix it. We tried switching and testing all three tracking methods (Percent work complete, Actual work done and work remaining, Hours or work done per period). Still, we can not enter time under each date. Also tried republishing the project and that didn’t fix it either. Any ideas? Is this a known problems in Feb ...

Specific domains rejecting email from our EX2k3 server
Brett, Can you be more specific? Please post the NDR being returned to you. -- Regards, Frank Castro fcastro@online.microsoft.com "Brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9D72EA-3E5F-46D5-896B-BF15F03220BC@microsoft.com... > ...

Migrate DPM 2010 to a new server
Hi ! We need to migrate DPM 2010 to a new server. How would I go about doing that without loosing all backups ? Is it as easy as installing DPM on the new server and then simply copying the old DPM SQL DB over from the old server to the new server ? It probably isn´t .. :-) Any advice would be very much appreciated ! Thanks, Alex You can follow the Disaster Recovery flow where DPM is re-built, full documentation is available at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808991.aspx. To be able to do this, the new DPM server name should be same and it ...

Microsoft Exchange Server
Can anyone help me understand the Microsoft Exchange Server installation process? I have Windows XP and Office XP (2002), and have Outlook installed and running. However, I'd like to be able to use the features of Microsoft Exchange Server under Outlook - e.g. sharing the calendar. When I activate the Mail icon in the Control Panel and choose Microsoft Exchange Server, I have to input the name of "your Microsoft Exchange Server computer. For information, see your system administrator" - I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR!!!!! It's a small home computer network. Nowhere I hav...

Exchange Internet Identity
Hello, i have an issue/question. i have exchange server 2003 that was installed on localhost.domain and then configured to collect email for internetdomain.com. Now, here it the problem, when email goes out, in the headers i have localhost.domain instead of my real internetdomain.com. That causes problems with some servers that can't obviously resolve localhost.domain. Any pointers or tips how to change Exchange public identity would be great! Thank you much for your input You can change fqdn in SMTP virtual server | properties | Delivery | Advanced. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www...

ODBC Connection #3
Dears, This is the case: - We have Windows server 2008 standard, SQL server 2005 SP2, GP 10.0 SP3. - We can create an ODBC on the server with no problems. - SQL server is running. - But when trying to create an ODBC on a client PC we have SQL 08001 -1 error, also when trying to change the account the SQL is running on from LOCAL SYSTEM to NETWORK SERVICE we have an error saying we can’t add a new member to group……. - We tested all above using Administrator user. Thanks. Is your SQL Server 2005 a 64-bit RDBMS? Also, your ODBC connection requires SQL Server authentication, not Windows Au...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Installing Intelligent Message Filter on additional servers
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on four servers, two of which are frontend servers. One frontend server already has Intelligent Message Filter installed on it. I am now planning to install IMF on the second Frontend Server, are there any issues I should be aware of, will the install on the second server cause the Message Delivery tab at the top of the organisation to be updated to it's default settings? Non of the docs on IMF are very clear about the issue. thanx Susie There should be no issue and settings should not be overwritten. Altough maybe you should consider up...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Linked Servers
I would like to create two linked servers to the same data source. The first linked server has fairly open access to the database. The second linked server will have limited access to the database (readonly on one view). The two Linked Servers would be configured to access the database through different logins on the source server with different access to the same database. The first Linked Server works fine. I can't seem to configure a second linked server to the same datasource, even if I define the Server type as another data source. How can I create two linked s...

Exchange 2000 and OpenRelay
Hi Everybody, I would like to know to be sure that my exchange 2000 server isn't an openrelay. Thank for Help Regards Franck V. This article goes over how several methods to validate using telnet test, and verifying smtp settings. How to block open SMTP relaying and clean up Exchange Server SMTP queues in Windows Small Business Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324958 James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 20, 10:43 am, "Franck V" <franck.velayou...@insight.com> wrote: > Hi Everybody, > > I would like t...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

GAL entry for non exchange users
My company has several AD users that do not have exchange accounts. Because they don't have exchange accounts they are not visiable in the GAL. I need to add these users to the GAL with out allowing them to have email access. I am running Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. -- James D. Hi James, just create contact objects for those users in ADUC and they will appear in GAL. -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net www.eugeurope.org Korisnik "James D." napisao je: > My company has several AD users that do not have exchange a...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...