default store for mailboxes?

I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for
the disabled accounts and the Admin account.
I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up
in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which
store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise)
0
Cwhitmore (15)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, Cwhitmore
<Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for
>the disabled accounts and the Admin account.
>I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up
>in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which
>store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise)

New mailboxes do not show up in ESM until they are opened or receive a
message.
0
adavid (8731)
11/13/2006 6:35:37 PM
Andy,
You're right, but I noticed that the new mailbox was created in the old
store. How can I set which store sets up new mailboxes?
thanks,
Carlton.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, Cwhitmore
> <Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for
> >the disabled accounts and the Admin account.
> >I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up
> >in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which
> >store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise)
>

> New mailboxes do not show up in ESM until they are opened or receive a
> message.

0
Cwhitmore (15)
11/13/2006 6:41:02 PM
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:41:02 -0800, Cwhitmore
<Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Andy,
>You're right, but I noticed that the new mailbox was created in the old
>store. How can I set which store sets up new mailboxes?

It doenst give you the choice when creating a new mailbox?

>thanks,
>Carlton.
>
>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, Cwhitmore
>> <Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for
>> >the disabled accounts and the Admin account.
>> >I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up
>> >in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which
>> >store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise)
>>

>> New mailboxes do not show up in ESM until they are opened or receive a
>> message.

0
adavid (8731)
11/13/2006 6:51:02 PM
Ah, nuts. I guess I've been doing this for so long I didn't even notice the
option.
thanks.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:41:02 -0800, Cwhitmore
> <Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Andy,
> >You're right, but I noticed that the new mailbox was created in the old
> >store. How can I set which store sets up new mailboxes?
>
> It doenst give you the choice when creating a new mailbox?
>
> >thanks,
> >Carlton.
> >
> >"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> >> New mailboxes do not show up in ESM until they are opened or receive a
> >> message.

0
Cwhitmore (15)

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

How to retrive/store data in UTF-16 format
Hi all , I am getting some problem related to storing & retriving UTF-16 data. Actually i have a data in uncode character & i want to use that in my program in VC. I am considering that the data is in UTF-16.& in that format i want to store. Thanks, Sajal The question is ill-formed. "I am getting some problems" is not a meaningful description. Unless we know *what;* these "problems" are, there is no hope of answering your question. The problems will arise once you go above character value 65535, where you now have to use "surrogates". Surrogates ...

Exchange 2003: store.exe and lsass.exe eat 100% CPU
Hi All, I recently migrated Exchange from one 2003 server to another, by creating a new store and restoring from backup, and then manually joining the new (non-Exchange) Windows accounts to the mailboxes using the mailbox restore tool. Now, my server will repeatedly (and seemingly at random) shoot to 100% CPU utilisation and the offending processes are store.exe with usually around the 57% CPU mark, and lsass.exe with most of the balance of available CPU. Stopping and restarting the Exchange IS process (temporarily) rectifies the problem. This is happening a few times a day. Has anyone ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Initial PO Number at new store with HQ
We are setting up a new warehouse and have just added HQ. How do we set the strating PO number at the new store? We would like to prevent confusion with the PO's from the Stores by having an AUTOMATIC generated prefix or leading numbers as in.... WH0001233 for a warehouse PO S10000899 for a store 1 PO ...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Is there any access right for Stored Procedure ....
If we create an account that have read access to a database in SQL Server 2005, can it read the stored procedure in that DB OR other privilege has to be granted ? Thanks What do you mean by "read the stored procedure"? Do you mean see the *definition* of the procedure (source code). No, that would require VIEW DEFINITION privileges. Or do you mean execute the procedure? That requires EXECUTE permissions. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "Patrick" <Patrick@disc...

Mailbox not being created!
A mailbox is not being created under Exchange 2003. The user was recently added to the domain. On the exchange server, right clicked on the user and selected exchange tasks - new user. The stmp address is empty, it won't create a mailbox for the user. Anyone please help?? For some reason your Recipient Update Service is not running. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "rocketz21" <rocketz21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1B3083-466A-46F7-8C0D-C30322133F8D@microsoft.com... >A mailbox i...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Exchange 2003
Hi, I am currently running an Exchange 2003, Exchange 5.5 mixed enviroment. When I try to create a new mailbox on the exchange 2004 server with active directory users and computers, the mailbox does not show up in the global address list in outlook. I also cannot send e-mail to that box from the internet and any user that is on the exchange 5.5 box cannot e-mail the new mailbox. Currently, my mx record points to the 5.5 server. Please help, Frank ...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

UPC Database for Liquor Store
We are working on a new installation and trying to find a database or list that we can upload into RMS that has all of the beer, wine, and liquor UPCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Matt Matt, I have one, but you should anticipate some issues before you decide to use someone else's database, as opposed to building your own from scratch. Here are some of the issues: 1) Length of the barcode. Some end users use all 12 UPC A characters, some use the 1st 11 characters and some use only the middle 10 characters, leaving off the preamble and check digits. ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Problem with outlook 2003 stop information store in exchange 5.5 s
In my scenario my mail server is exchange 5.5 server enterprise...Two weeks ago all my clients was outlook 2000 , but we have been migrating to outlook 2003.The issue starts after the change.....several clients stop working and in my exchange server 5.5 the information store service stop with a Dr Watson popup.The problem is just the same as the exposed in KB834466 .... Any idea to solve this issue?? Anyone with the same problem??? thanks.... There is a known issue with Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 5.5. You must have 818709 installed or you will crash your store. Installing this hotf...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 has references about deleted mailbox
Hi friends, I have a problem in my Exchange 5.5 SP4 in a NT Server 4.0 SP6a, some years ago we had an agent antivirus for exchange to review our email, now we have another agent antivirus for exchange. The second agent is working very well but when I want to backup the Exchange, it has references about mailbox of the first agent antivirus, and the backup prcedure send me an error message about this delted mailbox. How can I clean my database? Thank you in advance for your support, Patty ...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

how to change the default position of a comment box
If a cell with a comment assigned to it is towards the edge of the (RH) side of the window, the comment box will only be partially visible. Can the default position of these boxes be changed to f.i. LH side of the cell? I know that during editing the text box position can be changed but that is not reflected permanently afterwards. I don't think you can change the default position of the comment. But you could use a macro to reposition them each time the workbook opens. Debra Dalgleish has some code that may help you get started at: http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset Yo...