Default message class in public folders

Hello,

Is there any way to change behaviour of Exchange 2003 when
sending messages to e-mail enabled public folders from
MAPI clients? Basicaly, i want all messages sent from MAPI
clients appear as IPM.Post instead of IPM.Note. It is
working fine when mail is comming from non-MAPI clients
(SMTP). I know that there are some scripts that can
convert message class, but i don't want to use them.

Thanks.
0
igora (1)

custom series for class schedule?
I'd like to generate a class schedule, sequentially, using Excel 2003. If I provide a series of actual dates upon which the first week's classes occur (e.g. 8/24, 8/24, 8/25, Tuesday 8/25, Wednesday 8/27, etc.), can Excel automatically extrapolate the next X number of weeks and the dates on which these classes should fall? I've fiddled around with 'right-click -> fill series' but all Excel does is *repeat* the same date-range, over and over. I am hoping to carry the series into the future. Thanks for any guidance. Peter Peter, If you want fixed date intervals,...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Reply to old message in OWA generates a false NDR message
Hi; We have one user who use OWA to access his mailbox. When he tries to reply to a message for external users, the remote server generates an NDR but the message is delivered!! Is there any reason behind this behavior?? This is the NDR message: "Your message To:user1,user2,user3......did not reach the following recipient(s):" ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

Can't Export Messages
My Outlook Express main identity wouldn't accept my password this morning and my ISP advised the identity was corrupt and I should set-up new one. I have done this and it's working but need access to some messages I have saved in folders on the old identity. I have managed to export my address book successfully but cannot export any messages. My ISP says I may need to save each message individually but how do I get them back into my new identities mailbox ?? Please help Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Opening Links in E-mail messages
I have just installed Outlook 2007 and find that when I try to open a web link within the e-mail message I get the following message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact System admin" I have read and tried most of the solutions on here suggesting reseting internet options and changing my default browser, none of them seem to work for me. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I am using Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and IE 8 On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 07:56:01 -0800, Ian-Cardiff <Ian-Cardiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Trapping Excel messages
Hi We have a requirement like explained below. If user selects a file through his application (using a dialog box ) and that file is already opened by someone windows gives a message as shown below. File is being modified by someone. Open as Read only ? We want to trap that message before windows .Our application is developed in VB The file will be undergoing updation. My objective is to prevent windows from raising this question. I want to give a message to the user �Please close the file which is opened before � User has to close the file and then select the file through t...

IMF and mail not going to junk folder
Hi! Have installed and enabled IMF on our Ex2003. Have set Gateway Blocking to 8 and "no action" and set StoreJunk E-mail to 4. In Outlook 2003 spammails still go to inbox and not to junkmail folder. Why? I have junkmail set to "high". Is it possible to see what SCL every mail gets? What am I doing wrong? Tomppa You need to set the action to archive. see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/IMF-Managers.html There is an add-in for outlook that lets you view the SCL as well..I don't have the link handy, though... "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmai...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

how to restore the unread folder
I del the unread folder in my favorites folders how do I get that back?????? Expand the Search folders at the bottom of the list. If the Unread folder is list, just drag it up. If not, right click on the search folder and choose new search folder. Select unread from the list of predefined folders then drag it to Favorites. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...

Rules only on incoming messages
Hi, I recently upgraded to Outlook 2007. It looks like by default rules run both on read and unread messages, even if they are in my trash folder... Is there an easy way to avoid that? Perhaps using exceptions? I wasn't able to find anything... Thanks ...

forwarded messages
I have been using outlook 2007 for many years but recently noticed that when I receive a message that has been forwarded I only receive part of the message in the body of the email. A better part of the message appears in the file attachment box as an ATT000.htm file even though it was part of the body of the original message. (Assume that the previous email which is being forwarded was a series of send and reply messages) Is there a setting to allow me to see the entire message without opening these ATT000.htm files individually???? -- Skippyego http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Exchange loosing messages
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 E I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “SMT...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

I get a template download error message when download a template
while trying to download a template I get error msg "Template cannot be downloaded to fix make sure your computer is connected to internet. make sure browser is not in offline mode and try to download later. I try all this and still cannot download the template. Is you firewall software blocking it? jpga wrote: > while trying to download a template I get error msg "Template cannot be > downloaded to fix make sure your computer is connected to internet. make sure > browser is not in offline mode and try to download later. I try all this and > still can...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have an Outlook 2003 rule that is set to forward messages to another account and move them to a specific folder. All the messages are moved correctly, but many of them aren't forwarded. The ones that are forwarded show up in sent items, so I can clearly see that the rule is not even attempting to send them (i.e. the message wasn't sent but lost in transit due to server/connection issues). Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix it? Cheers, Chris. ...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Message Tracking Logs
If my questions is a stupid one, please excuse me because I'm just starting to learn exchange and can't find an answer at all on the internet, I was hired as a DBA and now i'm going to be the exchange guru. For some unknown reason, my message tracking logs display the wrong GMT time. I'm completely fine with them being that time zone, i have a sql dts processes that imports the logs and does the math for me. But the time on the log file is 4 hours ahead instead of 5 (ex. it's 9:55 am and the logs are reading 13:55 GMT). I've checked the time on the server and ...

Layout on Replying to a message..
When "replying" to an email received the layout seems to be "stretched". By this I mean that the line spacing seems extremely large! I am composing in HTML, and although the reply text is at the correct font size, The line spacing appears to be very large. Any help, Greatly appreciated.. ...