Default Exchange Receive Connector

Hi all,

I just installed Exchange 2007.  There were two receive connectors already
setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive
Connector."  If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my
exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions
Group Tab" of that connector?

Robert

 Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers
http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"supersonic_oasis" <supersonicoasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:02B8BC38-F3EF-425A-8DA9-3D304FE980BE@microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed Exchange 2007.  There were two receive connectors already
> setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive
> Connector."  If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my
> exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions
> Group Tab" of that connector?
>
> Robert

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Outlook save Exchange credentials
All - I have an Outlook client that is off-site and connecting to an Exchange server. Outlook is configured for MAPI mode. When the client launches Outlook, he is prompted for Domain/Username/Password. He is able to sign in after filling out all three fields. How do I make Outlook save the Domain and User name? I once had a registy "punch" that accomplished this, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks! Tony Tony, Please check to see if the following policy is active on the client. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "don...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Multiple copies of a forwarded email in Exchange
Hie all, I have a challenge that is a thorn in side. Background that may help: I have seven Exchange servers in one 2003 Active Directory domain. These servers are located in six ddifferent countries with one country also hosting the front end server. I have contacts that have email addresses belonging to other sytems e.g yahoo.com hotmail.com etc. On to my Challenge: I have setup forwarding for a number of accounts to their contacts (one of them is my CEO). What happens is that if anyone who's mailbox is not hosted on the same server as his mailbox, sends him email, more than on...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Exchange AD access generates Event ID 566
My DC event logs get a lot of Event ID 566 when Exchange server 2003 tries to access "CN=Deleted Objects". Cannot find any CN with that name to check permissions on, anyone who know where it should be? Object Operation: Object Server: DS Operation Type: Object Access Object Type: container Object Name: CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAIN1,DC=no Handle ID: - Primary User Name: DCONE$ Primary Domain: DOMAIN1 Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7) Client User Name: EXCHSRV1$ Client Domain: DOMAIN1 Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x2180F1B) Accesses: Read Property Pr...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Mail to 3 exchange users from one POP3 account.
How do I configure Exchange to put e-mail from the POP3 connector into 3 different users mail box? How do you change the time between POP3 checks in the connector to less that 15 minutes? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2007
Hi Does anyone know when will a version ot Exchange 2007 router be available. Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You may find the information you require here : http://www.crmwatcher.com/2007/03/only-crm-40-e-mail-router-to-be.html HTH, Niths "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone know when will a version ot Exchange 2007 router be available. > > Thanks > Kyaw > > > So - can we use the CRM 4.0 router in a CRM 3.0 environment? I understand the fact that Exchange 2007 will only run in 64-bit - which is why the CRM 3.0 router will not function. But ...

do not want to synch with exchange server sbs2003
Hi! I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst file when i click send/receive button. I have one copy on the server and one on my local drive. I want to disable the sync/downloading of mails to local drive/pst-file. I only want to have the mails on the server? I use: Outlook 2003, exchange account type. Have unmarked, Use cashed mode. And default dilevery box is my exchange mailbox. exchange server and SBS2003. cortez <soresm@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst > file when i click send/receive b...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Exchange server uninstall
Hi, We've migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to a Exchange 2007 server. The Exchange 2000 server is still on the network and I notice it still sends external emails out, there is no activity on the firewall advising the new Exchange 2007 server is doing this.. When Exchange is uninstalled from this 2000 server will external emails continue to work properly? (I assume it's doing this as there's a connection between the new Exchange 2007 server and the 2000 box?) On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:05:26 +0100, "Andrew Story" <andrewDOTst...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Is it bad to Defrag a server running exchange?
My server needs to be degraged, but I am unsure if this will cause any problems with exchange. Can someone let me know if it is safe to do so.? Thanks Habib On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:55:06 -0700, "Habib" <Habib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My server needs to be degraged, but I am unsure if this will cause any >problems with exchange. Can someone let me know if it is safe to do so.? > >Thanks >Habib It is safe to run a file level defrag on the server. Back it up before and afterwards. Don't have Exchange running Try not to have anything else on the di...

What is error# 0x80040102, my Domino connector is not reading mail
My calendar & tasks are read by the outlook easily but fails to read mails. It's working for perfect for a collague but fails on me every time. Finally this is the error which is shown by the replicator. ...

Migrationg DLs from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi All, I want to move DLs from Exchange 5.5. to Exchange 2003. Exchange 5.5 is siting in a different domain different org than Exchange 2003. All users and mailboxes hava already been moved. Only problem I have is DLs. I think you can import it with "ldifde" or "csvde" tool after exporting the DLs from Exchange 5.5. I was not able to do it. I was wondering if someone has done it or know of a better way. Thanks in advance. Sanjeev Re-create them. On 20 Jun 2004 18:35:31 GMT, ssharma <sanjeev.sharma@rcn.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I want to move...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

How do you edit the main Exchange 2003 OWA title page?
Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to edit the title of the Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access pages (this is the main OWA page title)? I have found the logon.asp and logoff.asp pages and changed the wording and titles on these, but I can't find the main Exchange 2003 OWA page to edit. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance Ste It be under C:\inetpub\wwwroot/ You can edit it with frontpage "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23WLcYn8NGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anyone please tell me how to edit the ti...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Exchange database not being updated
Hi, On our exchange server, we have one Mailbox Store in the First Storage group. In the mailbox store properties->database, the file for the exchange database is: H:\MDBDATA\priv1.edb and that for the Exchange streaming database is H:\MDBDATA\priv1.stm. The email system appears to be functioning perfectly but these two files never change- their size and last modified date, when viewed through explorer have been constant since the 8th of February this year. Is this not where the new emails are stored? How can it be unchanging? I discovered this issue (if it is an issue) because the backup...

Converting from Netmail to Exchange
We are in the process of converting all of our student from Novell Netmail to exchange. I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert Netmail mailboxes to Exchange. This is not Novell's Groupwise, rather a very basic version of email for students. Thank you. ukpup ...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Restoring exchange db after 8 hours
We want to restore the exchange database 8 hours after backup with Arcserve. This doesn´t work. There are no errors, but the database is unmountable. On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:47:03 -0700, Restoring exchange database <Restoring exchange database@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We want to restore the exchange database 8 hours after backup with Arcserve. >This doesn�t work. There are no errors, but the database is unmountable. Call Arcserve Support. And don't forget the sacrifical offering to make it work, either. :-) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "An...

Exchange 2000/2003 database structure
We are looking to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Documentation I have read previously states that in Exchange 2000 there is a .STM database that contains a copy of all of the attachments in the .EDB database - effectively doubling the amount of hard disk required. Is the same true with Exchange 2003? Its not true in Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003, the STM file hold the mail that was received by any method other than MAPI, and the EDB file holds mail that was received using MAPI. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "And...

Exchange loosing messages
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 E I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “SMT...