default domain SMTP address

Hi all

I am running exchange 2003, and hosting two different domains. The defautlt 
domain is domainA.com and the excahgne server is part of the AD domain. The 
second domain is domainB.com. Users from both domains can send and recive 
emails from there correct domain. I have also setup AD so when i create an 
account and inbox for a user in domainB.com I can pull down the domain tab in 
ADUC and select the coorect domain for the user account. This is all working 
fine, except when i create a account for domainB i get an email addresed 
stamped for domainB but i dont get the default domain (domainA.com) smtp 
address stamped, and i end up having to do this manually, on the accounts. Do 
i need to re apply my default recipient policy? does the default recipient 
policy apply to all user accounts or jsut user accounts that belong to the 
default domain?

Thanks for any help
0
Skipster (152)
9/30/2004 7:07:06 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
401 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

You need to create a RUS for the new domain.  Make sure you've ran 
/domainprep in domain B.  When you set up the RUS for domain B, point to a GC 
(Global Catalog).

Teo

"Skipster" wrote:

> Hi all
> 
> I am running exchange 2003, and hosting two different domains. The defautlt 
> domain is domainA.com and the excahgne server is part of the AD domain. The 
> second domain is domainB.com. Users from both domains can send and recive 
> emails from there correct domain. I have also setup AD so when i create an 
> account and inbox for a user in domainB.com I can pull down the domain tab in 
> ADUC and select the coorect domain for the user account. This is all working 
> fine, except when i create a account for domainB i get an email addresed 
> stamped for domainB but i dont get the default domain (domainA.com) smtp 
> address stamped, and i end up having to do this manually, on the accounts. Do 
> i need to re apply my default recipient policy? does the default recipient 
> policy apply to all user accounts or jsut user accounts that belong to the 
> default domain?
> 
> Thanks for any help
0
TeoGomez (51)
9/30/2004 7:55:04 PM
Hi I think maybey i confused you on this. There is only *One* domain and that 
is domainA.com I do however except email for domainB.com. How i created 
domainB.com is as follows I went to ADdomains and trusts and added in the 
domainB.com UPN suffix. This allows be when i create an account to select 
either domainA.com or domainB.com for the user account. This allows the user 
to log inot OWA and outlook as there respected domain names, isntead of 
having all users log in as user@domainA.com. The problem is when i create the 
account in ADUC and i   create the account for domainB.com the user will get 
stamped with user@domainB.com email address, but the user will not get the 
default SMTP address that the default recipient policy is supposed to hand 
out to all users who have inboxes.

Thanks

AD

"Teo Gomez" wrote:

> You need to create a RUS for the new domain.  Make sure you've ran 
> /domainprep in domain B.  When you set up the RUS for domain B, point to a GC 
> (Global Catalog).
> 
> Teo
> 
> "Skipster" wrote:
> 
> > Hi all
> > 
> > I am running exchange 2003, and hosting two different domains. The defautlt 
> > domain is domainA.com and the excahgne server is part of the AD domain. The 
> > second domain is domainB.com. Users from both domains can send and recive 
> > emails from there correct domain. I have also setup AD so when i create an 
> > account and inbox for a user in domainB.com I can pull down the domain tab in 
> > ADUC and select the coorect domain for the user account. This is all working 
> > fine, except when i create a account for domainB i get an email addresed 
> > stamped for domainB but i dont get the default domain (domainA.com) smtp 
> > address stamped, and i end up having to do this manually, on the accounts. Do 
> > i need to re apply my default recipient policy? does the default recipient 
> > policy apply to all user accounts or jsut user accounts that belong to the 
> > default domain?
> > 
> > Thanks for any help
0
Skipster (152)
9/30/2004 8:25:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Maximum number of addresses?
Does Outlook have a limit to the number of addresses it will accept in the To: field? Stephen Stephen Green <sgreen0NO@SPAMcharter.net> wrote: > Does Outlook have a limit to the number of addresses it will accept > in the To: field? There must be some limit, I'm sure but it will be in the number of characters the field will hold (tens of thousands, like16K or 64K), not the number of addresses. -- Brian Tillman Thanks, Brian. Does anyone know the size limit? I have a link that opens Outlook (or OE, if that's what the user uses) and stuffs an e-mail list into th...

adding SBS2008 other email domain and making it default
Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

How do I name the column headings ie. Address
I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I'm unable to find out how to label the column headings ie. Name, Address, Town etc. You can't directly, but you could put headings in Row 1 and turn off Excel's column Headings, Tools>Options>View, Row and Column headers. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Lyric35" <Lyric35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:443AD86B-E599-4FFF-B733-A432EDC44959@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I...

cant send email from ukonline address
0x800CCCoe error code, settings worked fine before i moved house, i had all of my services (virginmedia) reinstalled at my new house and then although I can receive email from this address I cant send.... any ideas welcome! Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "funsmiley" <funsmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF3B8030-4A45-48DA-A0C8-9A910425FEA0@micros...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Multiple Ranges against one Domain
I used to be able to do this but now I can't seem to find the functionality I would like to plot multiple ranges (y-values) against a single range (x-values) example: Y[1]: 1, .89,.56,.45,.25,.02 Y[2]: 1,.87,.45,.35,.20,.05 .. .. .. Y[n]:1,.82,.83,.32,.04,.04 Plot each Yset against one range (x-set) X[1]: 3.45,3.15,2.56,1.22,.789,.45 I can brute force it: source data-> add series -> select x-data -> select y-data[1]........ but I have 100's of ranges all to plot against the same domain, all against X[1] Thanks in advance If you start with your data arranged a certain way...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

Email with no address, subject or content
Please bear with me if this subject has been covered ad nauseum, but I frequently receive email with no "From:" address, no subject and no apparent content. I'm running Outlook 2002. Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Is it an attempt to plant a Web bug? Regardless, I would like to create a rule that automatically dumps such mail in my spam folder. Using the rules wizard I see how to redirect email from a specific address, but leaving the address field blank doesn't work. Thanks in advance for any help. mb ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

In my own domain even!!!!
Message delivery to the host '10.10.10.12' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'richmond2.Richmond.company.corp' for the following reason: The remote SMTP service rejected AUTH negotiation. OH boy... these logs are killing me... what might cause this? Is the SMTP server an Exchange server? Have you configured SMTP security on the virtual server? Teo "Dan Klinge" wrote: > Message delivery to the host '10.10.10.12' failed while delivering to > the remote domain 'richmond2.Richmond.company.corp' for the following > reaso...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

Address book #7
How do I re-order the address book to show last name first? (Office XP) To change the Contacts list sort order, follow these steps: 1. Sort the Contacts list by the File As field: a. Start Outlook 2002. b. On the Tools menu, click "E-mail accounts". c. Click "View or change existing directories or address books", and then click Next. d. Click "Outlook Address Book", and then click Change. e. Under Outlook Address Books, click Contacts: Mailbox - <MailboxName>, and then click File As(Smith, John). f. Click Close, and then click Finish.NOTE: The File ...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

add external users to group/address list
Hi... Our finance department requested to have an address list and a group that contains users from our domain and finance users from an external domain, all to be displayed in the same address list or group. I tried creating mail enabled users for external users but didnt work. What is the right method? Thanks Mail-enabled contacts. taco wrote: > Hi... > > Our finance department requested to have an address list and a group that > contains users from our domain and finance users from an external domain, all > to be displayed in the same address list or group. > ...

smpt pbroblem: some e-mail addresses get stuck
Hi all, I have got the following problem. For about 95% of our outbound mail everything works fine. But there are e-mail addresses where we cannot send mail to. If I try sending to this accounts by hotmail, the mail reaches the recipient just fine. In SMTP queue the message keeps on retrying and after a while it delivers a NDR to the sender. In de message tracking centre one of the last item is: SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery. After a while of course the last item is the creation of the NDR. In the SMTP log file nothing is recorded for that message. Does anybody ha...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...