decrease C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive ???

C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive

Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease?
Right now, its at 10GB.

Using Exchange 5.5.

C drive free space is getting awefully tight...

Please help...

Chris H
0
chrishoche (28)

If you don't need the files, for archiving or diagnostic purposes, you can
remove the files.  If you do need them, then you may want to back them up
before you remove them and store that backup tape separately and write
protect it.

Removing the files is a pretty straight-forward process.
You will need to stop the IMS first...
and you will likely not want to enumerate these files through the GUI, but
you will want to remove them through the command prompt.
You can remove them with the del or erase command..

If you need to prevent this archiving in the future you can do so by
following this:
Connectors...
Internet Mail Service / Internet mail Connector...
Properties....
Diagnostic Logging...
Message Archival  -- Set this to Minumum.

Cheers,

Bob
"Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message
> C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive
>
> Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease?
> Right now, its at 10GB.
>
> Using Exchange 5.5.
>
> C drive free space is getting awefully tight...
>
> Please help...
>
> Chris H

0
BobChristian (293)

C++ OLE automation
Hi, ive done a small program using OLE automation but I still don't know how to put borders on some cells This is the MACRO code, but I need to translate it to something the VC+ +/OLE2 can understand, but I have no clue on how to do that. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ' Range("B10:I50").Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft) .LineStyle = xlContinuous .ColorIndex = 0 .TintAndShade = 0 .Weight = xlThin En...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

IMF Archive messages.
I am trying to find a program that will go through the Archived messages and delete messages with certain content. Over the weekend we were hit with about 5000 spam (no joke) and it would have been nice to have a program that I could have just put some of the offending words in a file and it would get rid of those messages. I have some good messages that are getting an SCL of 9 that I am tryting to get to come through with out my intervention. but until then we have to look for them. Anyone have something like this? For the good messages (and also for the bad) where you want to all...

C# -- E-mail and back-ground color -- C#
Hello, I've some problem with email template in CRM: why I don't make the background color of my e-mail template black?. I can make the fonts blue, yellows, etc. but I don't make the back-ground red o black. I try to put in crm the html, but the crm cut-off the header of the html. The e-mail template function but the color go away. Why? I send a piece of my code, I hope somebody help me! BizUser bizUser = new BizUser(); bizUser.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; bizUser.Url = String.Concat(crmUrl, "BizUser.srf"); CRMCustomerAddress crmCustomerA...

c++ event sink
I have a function that will download XML from internet and load XML data into database. The function will take 5 - 20 minutes to finish. I heard I should use event sink (event listener) when function is finished the task, then it will notify the caller. So I am planning to create a seperate thread to do the long XML loading function by using - _beginthreadex() But how to create a notification / event sink / event listener in C++? any library can easily just a library function call? or any sample source code on the internet? Thanks See my essay on worker threads. Note: you must *not*...

what is best
what is the best solution, to view SCL codes, once the message is sitting in UCEArchive? Using Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 Check out IMF Archive Manager http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b26-a3fda0d06fee -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "North Coast Sea Foods" <jleonard@northcoastseafoods.com> wrote in message news:ehPFOlWHHHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > what is the best solution, to view SCL codes, once th...

MS CRM Should provide Data Archiving Solution
All historical data in CRM is used to reporting purpose only. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 does not provide any data achieving functionality and therefore the database size increased rapidly which results in a very slow performance. I Think Microsoft should provide this functionality to CRM Administrator to archive the old data in a wizard based interface or should provide a way to CRM Administrators/DBAs to implement it using SQL Server Table Partitioning functionality introduced in SQL Server 2005 on the CRM Databases. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Auto-Archive (less than 24 hour interval)
My employer has a Retention Policy that all mails in the Deleted Items folder on the Exchange server will be deleted overnight. I like to keep all my deleted emails -- in case some day I need to refer to one of them to save my behind. :-) But I haven't been able to figure out how to make Auto-Archive run in less than 24 hour intervals -- which means that I lose my Deleted Items email every night (because it seems to run each morning when I come in to work and start my Outlook). The Retention Policy for Inbox and Sent Items is a lot longer, so Auto-Archive works fine on those. Any...

multiple Archive Folders in file list
Outlook 2002: I suddenly have an additional archive folder in the file list. Not Archive1 or some variation, but two separate Archive folders. And I can't delete the new one. If I click on it, the cursor automatically jumps to the original Archive folder (the good one). But I can click on the subfolders and even delete some of the contents. What can I do to get rid of it? Do you see the extra archive.pst listed if you go into File | Data File Management? Can you remove it from there? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answere...

list of folders within an archive or personal folder
Is there any clever way of having Outlook generate a list of all the folders that I have in my personal folders? (I have many dozens of folders, and I'd like to be able to print out a list of contents every now and again so as to have a hard copy for ease of reference!) I might be over-expecting on this one, but hopefully someone can suggest a way of diong this! Al I have had to resort to Print Screen, and taking a dozen such prints to get my hard copy! Hopefully someone has a better way than this? "Al" wrote: > Is there any clever way of having Outlook g...

caliing MATLAB code from C++ (.net)
Greetings, I have written some code in MATLAB that I have compiled to a dll. My problem is that I cannot access that function in C++. I am using the MATLAB engine but am gettings linkage errors when I try ot use engOpen, engEvalString and engClose. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. thanks in advance I dont know how MATLAB exports a function/class. You should use depends.exe to see what all is exported in this DLL. Perhaps a MATLAB related newsgroup would be more beneficial. --- Ajay Define what you mean. For example, what error messages do you get? The most common failure mode ...

Do archiving products really reduce db size?
Hello, We've been looking at some archiving products like Zantaz EAS and Symantec KVM. They basically replace messages in a user's mailbox with a small stub, and transfer the real mail item to a database outside Exchange. My question is do they really reduce Exchange dbase size in the long-term? What I'm thinking is that the message is originally in the Exchange dbase, so does it shrink after the message is replaced with a stub? Or do you have to run a compression utility from GFI etc? Ok, I guess the freed-up space will be reused by messages which arrive afterwards, but it'...

Format cell in column B based on value in the next cell (column c)
I did a basic select all from one application & pasted it into Excel (starting a cell A1). How do I conditionally format Column C based on the value in Column B? What I'm looking for is: If the row value in Column B = 1, then ident the Column C 1 time. If the row value in Column B = 2, then ident the Column C 2 times. etc. To make things worse: the range of data keeps changing (it may be 200 rows one week & 800 rows the next). Hi Nicole AFAIK you'll have to use a macro for this as conditional formatting does not allow for indents. Is a macro solution acceptable? Cheer...

Mround to nearest 5 c
I Have tried The function MROUND To Round To Nearest 5 Cents But it erases My Formulars in the Cells wihich is rounded any Other Sugestions Is there a reason to use MROUND? =ROUND(A20*20,0)/20 works fine. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Giorgos" <Giorgos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:665CA1F6-AF6B-4396-89AE-B5AF55109E7A@microsoft.com... > I Have tried The function MROUND To Round To Nearest 5 Cents But it erases My > Formulars in the Cells wihich is rounded > any Other Sugestions > ...

Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch t
Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch the Excel program again, and then load in the newly generated XLL library again... This is tedious... I am looking for a way to unload XLL (already loaded) from within EXCEL program... Any thoughts? (I find just close the currently active worksheet doesn't get the XLL unloaded...) ...

xml records c# newbee
I need to store records in xml files, i need to load the record, add new nodes, delete nodes and modify existing ones then save the file again. Looks to me like there are different ways of working with xml, xml file writer and xml documents. Which method is most suitable to what i want to do? any links to tutorials would be most appreciated, I have googled around and not really found any examples of what i want to do. Thanks in advance tony leake wrote: > I need to store records in xml files, i need to load the > record, add new nodes, delete nodes and modify existing ones the...

SSL in a C++ web services client
I'm trying to add SSL support to my web service client. It's written in VC++ 7.1 (Visual Studio .NET 2003), but it's NOT managed code. I've created the web service, and configured my server with a certificate, and tested it with IE, and it works fine. When I add a reference to the web service into my C++ client application, it will work unsecured, but not secured (using SSL). Apparently, the ATL classes don't have support for SSL sockets. Is this true? If so, what's the best way to achieve secure access to my web service from a C++ application? Thank you! ...

ESP error (chkesp.c) and WaitForSingleObject
Hi all, I hit this ESP error (chkesp.c) when call WaitForSingleObject after calling CreateThread function. - A structure member, myStructMember is passed as LPVOID* parameter for a new Thread function, MYThreadFunc(LPVOID* myStructMember) - WaitforSingleObject( myStructMember->myHANDLE, 5000); - Then hit the ESP error (chkesp.c) Any idea? Thank you First, you should not be calling CreateThread in an MFC program. You must use AfxBeginThread. Second, it means your thread function probably has the wrong prototype, whch you have then cast to avoid the compiler complaining about the error,...

Cannot print archived calendar appointments.
I would like to print out my schedule month by month from 2008 but nothing shows in archives. Help!? So there is nothing showing in the archive calendar? Or there are appointments but they won't show up on the printout? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What ve...

doubled items in archived Outlook 2007
What's the drill to easily clean up those doubled items in my archived Outlook 2007? Thanks, Dave Horne To save anyone a reply, I solved the problem by restoring several files from a backup. Problem solved. DH "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:%23SViFO3yJHA.5496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What's the drill to easily clean up those doubled items in my archived > Outlook 2007? > > Thanks, Dave Horne You need to use a duplicate remover tool See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail_duplicates.asp for a list. -- Diane Poremsky ...

Compatibility wiith Kkonica C-350
Using Windows XP with Publisher 2003. We publish a monthly newsletter on 11 by 17 format. We recently leased a new Konica C-350 and can not learn the interface for printing the newsletter directly to the Konica. We've tried almost everything and decided to tape the 8 1/2 by 11 pages together to copy them in the right format. A decidedly low tech approach to a simple matter. If anyone kknows how to do this "big" problem, please let me know. I'll want to try your suggestions. Is both your newsletter and your printer setting set for that size paper? Have you looke...

Post-Callouts
Since many are having problems with handling post-callouts, here's my solution. This code executes based on the database specified events, and I no longer need to debug a COM+ applicaiton, which is a severe pain in the. MSMQ is used to capture each event. This also solved the problem of the item being 'locked' by MSCRM. Thanks, Alex Waddell Avrio Group awaddell at (@) avriogroup dot (.) com using System; using System.IO; using System.EnterpriseServices; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; using System.Diagnostics; using System.Messaging; namespace Avrio.CrmCallout { [GuidAttr...

How can get Microsoft Excel on to my p.c
Could someone help me as i do not have a clue as what i need to do all i have been told is that i need Excel to beable to do my spreadsheets. HELP!!! Buy it. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63F86D33-FCCE-4BB3-A84C-E259DA855EA6@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me as i do not have a clue as what i need to do all i have > been told is that i need Excel to beable to do my spreadsheets. > HELP!!! Trial versions of Excel are available: ...

how do I view an archived file?
How can I view an archived file and print info from it? Does the archived file have archive in the name? It *could* have Archive in the name and then again it could have *JoAnn* in the name. I don't understand what you mean by an "archived" file? To me, all that is is a copy of the file. Period. Could you give us a little more information? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "martyman2" <martyman2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49630724-D482-4FC2-B796-49C42B81C7D7@microsoft.com... > How can I view an archived file and print in...

when i exit excel worksheet shortcuts are put on my c-drive
help! The closest explanation that I've ever seen is one by Jim Rech. He guessed that your Recently used folder was incorrectly pointing at the desktop. http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/27608bf8720e420e/c9bcb9e1d640d6b3?lnk=st&q=recent+shortcut+group:*excel*+author:rech&rnum=1&hl=en#c9bcb9e1d640d6b3 or http://snipurl.com/hzqz (That number will vary depending on the version of excel you're using.) kev wrote: > > help! -- Dave Peterson ...