decrease C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive ???

C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive

Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease?
Right now, its at 10GB.

Using Exchange 5.5.

C drive free space is getting awefully tight...

Please help...

Chris H
0
chrishoche (28)

If you don't need the files, for archiving or diagnostic purposes, you can
remove the files.  If you do need them, then you may want to back them up
before you remove them and store that backup tape separately and write
protect it.

Removing the files is a pretty straight-forward process.
You will need to stop the IMS first...
and you will likely not want to enumerate these files through the GUI, but
you will want to remove them through the command prompt.
You can remove them with the del or erase command..

If you need to prevent this archiving in the future you can do so by
following this:
Connectors...
Internet Mail Service / Internet mail Connector...
Properties....
Diagnostic Logging...
Message Archival  -- Set this to Minumum.

Cheers,

Bob
"Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message
> C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive
>
> Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease?
> Right now, its at 10GB.
>
> Using Exchange 5.5.
>
> C drive free space is getting awefully tight...
>
> Please help...
>
> Chris H

0
BobChristian (293)

Type Casting in C and C++
Hello NG As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: double dVal=3.14; float fVal = (float) dVal; but now I've been told that the C++ syntax should do a better job float fVal = static_cast <float>(dVal); for some reason. Is this true? Will the C++ compiler really generate different (better?) code or is it simply more writing I have to do? Thanx Richie >As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: > >double dVal=3.14; >float fVal = (float) dVal; > >but now I've been told that the C+...

Returns not decreasing the Shipped\Remaining Posted Shipments qty
Returns not decreasing the Shipped\Remaining Posted Shipments to Match fields on the Purchasing Quantity Status Enquiry Zoom screen. Ordered 6, received 4, returned 3, invoiced 1, leaving zero posted transactions still to be matched I understand that the customer would like to see in the Purchasing Quantity Status window is the remaining shipments to be matched. With the formula: Remaining Shipments to be matched = Actual Posted Shipments – Posted Returns. @ ASSESSMENT: Technically, the PO Returns Enhancement is a third party product; thus, it doesn’t update the Purchase Order Process...

Shortcut( Alt +'c' ) not working in Spanish OS
Hi all, I am having a dialog( with Property pages),In one tab Alt +'c' is the short cut for one Checkbox.It is not working when I run the application in Spanish OS(both 98 and 2K),but the same works fine if I run it in English OS. Anybody having an idea on this ..??? Thanks in Advance. ...

Sales Tax decrease
Iam using money 2006 Is it possible to create an expenses account (or transaction) that will automatically make a decrease in the sales tax account (under loans & Liabilities) that was created and filled from my assets account invoices. I don’t know if you understand it the way I wrote it so let me rephrase. In my invoices I check the box for sales taxes and I wrote the percentage taxes e.g. I sell a pair of shoes for 100€ with sale tax 19%. In the invoice the subtotal is 100€ , the Tax is 19€ and the total is 119€. In the sales tax account automatically appears a transfer transaction with...

How to see in "To do Bar" the flagged archived emails ?
How to see in "To do Bar" the flagged archived emails ? I currently only see the ones still in Inbox. Are the Archived ones shown in the To-do folder in the task module? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.s...

Deleting decreasing data and naming rows.
I have a list of data in columns B:H that I want to delete specific values within. The data in column C is in the format example below. The numbers are not necessarily whole numbers or increasing or decreasing in even amounts. The example is simplified as each data set can have thousands of streams where the data increases then decreases, repeating again and again in a constant stream. I want a data set of numbers that are continually increasing or restarting the sequence with no decreasing values or zeros. Searching column C, when the next cell is < the preceedin...

IS Size not decreasing
We have an exchange 5.5 server and the drive which contains the IS has 39.8mb of free space. I have moved / deleted mailboxes amounting to 500mb of space. Yet the IS does not reflect this freed up space. How does one regain this space Thanks ciaran cw@vexxed.co.uk (Ciaran) wrote: >We have an exchange 5.5 server and the drive which contains the IS has >39.8mb of free space. I have moved / deleted mailboxes amounting to >500mb of space. Yet the IS does not reflect this freed up space. How >does one regain this space > >Thanks > >ciaran And it never will unless you ta...

Archived e-mails by IMF
We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 & IMF is enabled on the SMTP. After I configured SCL & it is working great. However, users wants to see what was archived to check any mis-treated mails even tho I proved that no mis-treated mail was detected since it is activated. Our users are still afraid some important messages are mis-treated. Is there any way that users can see the archived e-mails? and also, when mails are archived, is there any way to notify to the users? Or, there is no such capability on this IMF? Please advise. Thank you very much. Regards, On Mon, 11 Sep 200...

Build Problem C++
I'm a VC++/MFC rookie currently taking a Visual C++ course. I have installed VC++ Pro. version 6.0 on my machine running XP. I set up a basic program in MFC per course instructions to simply create a window with default toolbar, etc., using App Wizard and ran build from the menu to create the .exe. Got following output: --------------------Configuration: sam - Win32 Debug-------------------- Copying contents file... The system cannot find the path specified. Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. sam.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ----------------------------------------- The log...

How would I change a date cell to decrease it by business days?
What I would like to be able to do in MS Excel (2002) is this and I’m not sure if it’s possible. How would I take a date field in Excel and decrease that date by three BUSINESS days? I’m filling in the blanks on a large roll-out schedule and would rather not if possible manually calculate several hundred dates. Example: The first final date of completion for the project would be Monday 1/17/2005. This date appears in cell C2. I need to show on a schedule that three business days before there will be an installation visit. The result would be Wednesday 1/12/04. This would appear in...

P R O D U C T R E C A L L
I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and withdraw this product from the market and fix it before it looks any more stupid in the media. Money 2005 errors are beginning to make more news headlines. Keep up the pressure guys, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Email Bill Gates direct to get a better response. I aggree <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30fa01c4a9a5$d2757eb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and withdraw > this product from the market and fix it before it looks > any more stupid in the me...

Visual C++ Combo Box
I used the properites dialog to add entries in the combo box's dropdown list in Visual Studio. The dropdown is never initialized. Does a function have to be added? If so, what goes in it? Once the item is clicked I want to put it into a memory variable. Regards, Tony When you say that "the dropdown is never initialized", could it be that you are omitting the same step that many, many programmers have, and not set the dropdown size of the control in the resource editor? Make sure that you make the dropdown portion tall enough so that it appears when the down arrow is click...

C++ App Deployment project
What's the best forum for deployment issues for a C++ MFC App???? I'm having problems with the "Setup.exe" module that's generated. Also getting the target PC to recognize the app name/description and properly registering the file extent so the app get called when the doc is selected. Thanks, Neil I don't know of a specific forum for that topic, but you could always describe your problem here if your project is MFC based on in dotnet.general if it is .NET based. Tom "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CE71C00-A42...

C# and reports
I would like suggestions(or modifications) on ways to architect the following: Goal is to create a set of sql server reports 2008 that has a table of contents and is exported to word 2003 or word 2007. 1. I am going to have each sql server report 2008 as separate RDL files. 2. I am going to tie all the repoirts together in a C#.NET application by Building Reports from the Object Collection using ReportViewer. 3. I then need to create a table of contents that exports to word. To accomplish this task I am thinking of a. either using jquery so that I can add auto TOC genera...

How dow I read/write from an ASCII text file with Visual C++ .NET and fstream.h?
Hi everyone, I really could use your help with this one. I have bought the book Programming with Visual C++ .Net (Sixth Edition) and I am using the trial version of Visual Studio to upgrade and old VC++ v.6 project (I want to add a new interface but the file format for my data has to remain the same). I get an error for #include <fstream.h> and it seems that the only existing file resembling to it is 'fstream' (no extension). However when I replace the declaration with #include <fstream> I get errors because the member functions ifstream and ofstream are not recognized. So ...

Sudden decrease in available virtual address space
After running for approximately 12 hours the available virtual address space of our application decreases by 128MB. We are printing this value by calling GlobalMemoryStatus every 30 seconds. We hooked the following functions in our process and all modules in it: VirtualAlloc, GlobalAlloc, HeapAlloc, LocalAlloc, GlobalReAlloc, LocalReAlloc, HeapCreate, HeapReAlloc and VirtualAllocEx. We didn't find any allocation of this size. Our total virtual address space is 3GB and we are continuesly writing to disk and allocating and dealocating memory. All the memory that we allocate we also fre...

#include <windows.h> (Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2)
I need MultiByteToWideChar(). I'm trying to include "windows.h" as stated in docs: http://whidbey.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_17si.asp?frame=true but when I do this I got an error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory by searching VS8 installation directories inside "Program Files" I can't find "windows.h" file. Is this the right group to post? PSDK is not included in express versions. you need to download it manually. "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> �...

Sync dataBase with C#
Hi, i've created a clander application (something like outlook's calendar). i want to sync it with my phone (Nokia), the only way i can think of, is to sync my application with Outlook and then my phone with Outlook. is there a way to skip the Outlook sync, and sync my application with the nokia? Thanks, Gidi ...

Expose CRectTracker to C#
I have a C# application where I want to allow runtime resizing and moving of controls. The functionality that I need is encapsulated in the C++ class CRectTracker. I need to reference the MFC library, but also provide a callable interface from C#. I have tried to create a managed C++ dll, but it does not create the linkages to the MFC library. Would it be better to create an MFC C++ dll, and then wrap the interface with managed extensions? I'm not sure how to go about the second option. How do I reference a CWnd object from C#? Any help would be appreciated. Actually, I've looked at ...

Exchange Mailbox Archive
We are running Exchange 2003. It is policy to delete ad accounts and email boxes when employees leave the organization. I would like to archive email boxes prior to removing accounts. Could anyone suggest the best way to do this? We do not have any specialized software for this purpose. It has been suggested that each mailbox could be accessed through Outlook and the pst archived. As there are a number of accounts weekly, this would be quite cumbersome. I hope there is a better way. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks I do the same thing. Instead of keeping the mailbox and us...

Sound volume decreases.
Hi, My wifes laptop ( Vista home premium) has suddenly developed a problem with the sound volume. Every time she boots up,the volume has decreased slightly and then decreases further when she boots again next time. It has worked OK for nearly one year now but just developed this problem a few days ago following MS updates. Any advice to correct this would be very much appreciated. Thanks -- Regards, Geordie (Remove PROP to crash spam) The Volume Down Button on the laptop Could it be stuck? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Micro...

% of increase or decrease
I am looking for a formula that tells me % of increase or decrease, The problem is that some of my numbers are negitive eg. -147.80 has decreased to -785.00 I am looking for the % to be a negitive only in this case Thanks Neil Always use (start-finish)/start if start is in A1 and finish is in B1 then the % change in C1: =(A1-B1)/A1 formatted as percentage =100*(A1-B1)/A1 formatted as general -- Gary''s Student "Neil R" wrote: > I am looking for a formula that tells me % of increase or decrease, The > problem is that some of my numbers are negitive eg. -147...

Auto Archiving
Hey all I have a small problem with auto archiving with Outlook 2002. I have several subfolders, in both the the root folder and under the Inbox. When setting up auto archiving, there is the option to "apply these settings to all folders". However these settings are not applied to those folders which are setup as default - ie "Do not archive this folder", only those that have been set to be archived. So basically to setup archiving on all the folders, I am required to edit the properties of each individual folder, turn on archiving, then I am able to alter the settings glo...

getting an execution plan in C#
Are there any methods that can expose a stored procedure's execution plan using C# / SQL Server 2008? Paul On 08.03.2010 16:41, PJ6 wrote: > Are there any methods that can expose a stored procedure's execution plan > using C# / SQL Server 2008? In a batch using SET STATISTICS XML ON|OFF. mfG --> stefan <-- -- USE tempdb ; GO CREATE PROCEDURE sp_test AS DECLARE @u TABLE ( u sysname ) ; INSERT INTO @u ( u ) VALUES ( SUSER_SNAME() ) ; SELECT * FROM @u ; GO SET STATISTICS XML ON ; go EXEC sp_test ; go ...

include dll in c++
Hi All, i create a GenDll.dll with mfc wizard. with the following export attributes: 1) i declared a class with the (at dll project) "class DllExport CTestedClas { CTestedClas(); } " thats i done on my dll file. in order to use this dll . i keept the following steps: 1) on my project (that using dll functions) i entred the GenDll.lib file in project -->setings-->link-->object library module. 3) and declare "class DllImport CTestedClas* tt" ; 4) when im done : tt= new CTestedClas(); i've got the error "no appropri...