Dead Server in Exchange 5.5 #2

Hi

Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5
that is in a different site?

I have had the suggestion to highlight the server and press delete but this
is not available when the server is in another site.  Also does simply
highlighting and pressing delete fully clean that server from exchange?

Thanks

Gary

You have to connect to a server in the site in question to delete, I believe.
If this is the last server in the site, then you should remove the whole site.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324340

--
David Wilhoit
Exchange MVP

"Gary Hindson" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5
> that is in a different site?
>
> I have had the suggestion to highlight the server and press delete but this
> is not available when the server is in another site.  Also does simply
> highlighting and pressing delete fully clean that server from exchange?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

0
kidego1 (18)

Re Install Exchange 2003
Hi, I think I have problem 2 in the following MS KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;296095 I deleted the following files on my exchange 2003 server to solve another problem. C:\WINDOWS\system32 \wbem\Repository. I then restarted the server and the repository was recreated. However I know get the following error every 5 minutes in the application log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9098 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80041010' Going b...

coloured cells #2
Hi, I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is highlighted by colours in different cells. On his home computer he can see the colours but at work the spreadsheet becomes pure black and white. If he prints the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour. He used to see the colours on the screen at work also. He is using Excel 2002. Any ideas? Joyce Look if he has set this Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. -- ...

Decommissioning an old member server
Is there anything else required apart from just removing it from the AD? It's been disconnected for months maybe years. As far as I know it used to be a TS at some time. Now it's just sitting in the server room waiting to be scraped. The new SBS2008 box picked it up during Swing migration. Probably it was listed in DNS. yaro Shouldn't be anything special. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:c29d1f79-c565-47c1-8550-b749f0cbcccb@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Is there anythin...

how can I exceed the nested if fuction limit #2
I am trying to create a validation for a column based off of the previous columns value, which reqires many nested if functions, (10 to be exact). However the limit of 7 nested if function prevents me from being able to do this. With all the amazing things that excel can do, there has to be some sort of work-around for this. Any ideas? Usually the best alternative is to use a Lookup function, however, without more details its hard to give a fuller explanation. _____________________ Naz London "mgdye" wrote: > I am trying to create a validation for a column based off o...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

upgrading to Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (Russian)
Hello, All! We are using the Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (English). In the nearest future we are planning upgrading to Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (Russian). How can we upgrade correctly without data losses? With best regards, Alexey Tomashevskiy. Hello, Matt! You wrote on Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:42:17 -0600: MP> I would look into the Redeployment tools available from MBS. This will MP> allow you to export your data and import it into a new installation. MP> Hello, All! MP> We are using the Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (English). In the nearest MP> future we are planning upgrad...

Exchange 2003 Private Store Corruption
Hello everyone. I need some help. We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Server running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition R2 server. The machine is a HP DL380 G4 server with 2 GB of memory and has been online for about two months. The only thing running on this server is Exchange 2003 and Trend-Micro AntiVirus for Exchange. The server came standard with 2 - 512 MB HP-brand DIMMs. We purchased additional memory from CDW. They are 2 -512 MB EDGE-brand DIMMs and are supposed to be compatible. On the first day that we powered up the server the server said there was an issue with DIMM 4, ...

second virtual smtp server on connector server for external traffi
hello! we need to add a second virtual smtp server on our connector server that is ONLY responsible for sending the external traffic (with the official hostname of the server). the other virtual smtp server handles the internal traffic (with the internal hostname of the server). i know there is a kb article available (i had it) but i am not able to find it again! can anyone PLEASE help me to find this article again or is there another good expanation available how to set up these two virtual smtp servers to do what we need? thank´s a lot for your help! mfg/brgds Andreas Husch ...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

dead Domain Controller
Our company has three DCs (2 in our main office and 1 in via WAN). The hard drive in one of the DCs (main office) died yesterday. We have a copy of that DC from a week ago. If we simply replace the drive will it sync up OK with the two working DCs or can it cause problems with our AD? Hello Don, Images or snapshots are not supported ways of backup for Active directory, this will result in USN rollbacks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875495 If you don't have an AD aware backup please cleanup AD database from the old DC and add a new DC to the domain, after cleanup you c...

.eml attachements appear empty #2
I have one user who when they recieve a .eml file attachement opens it and it appears to be a blank message. All other users can open these attachements if they recieve them. I have checked all settings over many times with no success. This person is using Outlook 2003. ...

Exange 2003 Server Administration
I am finding it difficult to delete a previous exchange server from the servers Folder under the First Administrative group. The Mail and Public Folder stores are both disabled and I want to delete it. ...

Unable to set incoming and outgoing email server addees
The pop3 and smtp server addees specified by my ISP do not work in Outlook; tell me they can't be found. They work in Outlook Express! -- Outlook begins searching for incoming and outgoing, then come the error messages: can't be found. (Have no problems with email with Eudora6 or even the very occasional use of Netscape.) Is there a workaround? Thanks. George Walker You must have a slight typo in the server settings. Try Importing the settings from OE and see if they work. You can also open OE and copy and paste the settings to OL. "George Walker" wrote: > The p...

Server and domain name in header on sent mail
We are currently running Exchange 5.5/SP4, but will very soon move to Exchange 2003. Our current 5.5 system will NOT send anything to AOL. I've been told, and from what I've read it's true, that it's because the reverse lookup for our server doesn't jive. Our MX record is for mail.domain.com. What shows up in the headers on outgoing mail is our internal server name and our internal active directory domain (instead of mail.domain.com). How can I replace our internal server name and AD name in the headers with "mail.domain.com"? We are NOT spammers. However se...

Lost inbox #5
My friend disconnected his computer from work and brought it home. Without logging on, he opened Outlook Express and tried to find his mail but an old inbox is the only thing available. Does he have to be logged on to his ISP to access his inbox or is it stored on his hard drive somewhere? He's running Win98 with Outlook Express 5 (maybe). I found an inbox on his hard drive but he swears it is an older one and not the latest. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. ...

exchange 2007 config
can anyone help me with the configuration for exchange 2007? In 2003 all you needed was an MX record entry on your website for the SMTP. This was changed to transport in 2007 that I cant figure out. Please help with the MX configuration in 2007. Thanks in advance Raul Rego NJPIES On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:01:05 -0500, "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote: >can anyone help me with the configuration for exchange 2007? > >In 2003 all you needed was an MX record entry on your website for the SMTP. >This was changed to transport in 2007 that I cant fi...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel?
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

Dead Mail
Hi all, I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail. -- Vince If you've got the IMF installed and set to archive, then junk mail ends up in the 'ucearchive' folder underneath your SMTP virtual server folders. If you're referring to the BadMail folder, then this is where Exchange stores (for want of a better description) NDRs that cannot be delivered. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Dead Slow Client PC
Hi Client using MS GP8.0 All the client PC are running fast except only one PC is very very very slow even if we login as sa also. All the other applications are working fast. The client PC having enough working memory, hard disk space and all the temp files all are deleted and from GP also user preference entries also removed.. We checked the IP settings all are defined as per the fast running PC. We uninstalled and reinstalled also no use. Only GP is running slow. How to solve this Regards Nizham Hi Nizham, I have experienced similar problems with clients' machines and have just c...

Microsoft Server 2008R2 Foundation
Greetings, I need to provide a new server for a small network (12-13 users). Have you got any experience with Microsoft 2008R2 Foundation server? MS SQL Server 2008 for 10 users is to be installed on it. Hardware is IBM server x3400, 8Gb RAM, 3x500Gb SATA - RAID5. What's your opinion on such combination? I appreciate your recommendations. -- Electron a wrote: > Greetings, > > I need to provide a new server for a small network (12-13 users). > Have you got any experience with Microsoft 2008R2 Foundation server? > MS SQL Server 2008 for 10 users is t...

Office 2003 Recieving error with 2 Email accounts from Same Server #2
I'll try to describe this the best I can, First I'm running outlook 2003 with the service pack on windows xp sp2. Windows firewall is turned off as is my antivirus software is disabled while trying to get this to work (I even uninstalled it) I have two email accounts set up correctly (Two of my other co workers have the same exact set up and email accounts and they have no issues) on the same server i.e. email1@domain.com and email2@domain.com. When the send and recieve function is activated, the non default email account gets a recieve error as below Task 'EMAIL ACCOUNT - Rec...

Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as information that i found from searching other post and still the user gets the message when trying to send as the other user: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system adminis...

Item Receiving in IV10200 #2
We are experiencing the same issue except the difference in cost being assigned to the 1 item is dramatically different than the other units that are at the correct cost. Any idea where I should look to find a setup issue that might be causing this? Joel "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote: > This is by design to handle costs that cannot be evenly divided by the > quantity within the number of decimals defined. For example, if you purchase > 10 items and pay 11 cents total, ten will be received at one penny and one at > two pennies (assuming that only 2 dec...