Database size problems

Hi all,
I'm running Ex2K wiht SP3 on a W2k with SP3 server. My mailbox store as
reached maximum allowed size and i need to perform an offline
defragmentation. the prolem is that i can't access the mailbox, it stops
before i can umount it.
The error is "Operation terminated with error -2231
(JET_errSLVStreamingFileInUse, The specified streaming file is currently in
use) after 2.31 seconds."

i reinstalled Ex2KSP3, but the problem remains.
What can i do to fix this?

Thank you all very much,
Filipa Gaudêncio
0
Lipa (14)

"The specified streaming file is currently in
use" means that something is using database file Use
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html to see what helds
file open.

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)
11/26/2005 8:18:12 PM
Do you have Antivirus software installed?

"Lipa" <Lipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I'm running Ex2K wiht SP3 on a W2k with SP3 server. My mailbox store as
> reached maximum allowed size and i need to perform an offline
> defragmentation. the prolem is that i can't access the mailbox, it stops
> before i can umount it.
> The error is "Operation terminated with error -2231
> (JET_errSLVStreamingFileInUse, The specified streaming file is currently
> in
> use) after 2.31 seconds."
>
> i reinstalled Ex2KSP3, but the problem remains.
> What can i do to fix this?
>
> Thank you all very much,
> Filipa Gaudencio

Thank you all for your reply,
yes i do, but the antivirus is not running. the first time i tried to defrag
the db, i didn't get any error message, but, the server rebooted after 2hours
of the begining of the defrag (and it was only in 0%), and since then i can't
do the defragmentation.
I just finished an integrity check without any problems.

What more can I do???????

Thank you,
Filipa Gaudêncio

"Dusan Kosaric" wrote:

> Do you have Antivirus software installed?
>
> "Lipa" <Lipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I'm running Ex2K wiht SP3 on a W2k with SP3 server. My mailbox store as
> > reached maximum allowed size and i need to perform an offline
> > defragmentation. the prolem is that i can't access the mailbox, it stops
> > before i can umount it.
> > The error is "Operation terminated with error -2231
> > (JET_errSLVStreamingFileInUse, The specified streaming file is currently
> > in
> > use) after 2.31 seconds."
> >
> > i reinstalled Ex2KSP3, but the problem remains.
> > What can i do to fix this?
> >
> > Thank you all very much,
> > Filipa Gaudencio

0
Lipa (14)
11/28/2005 10:49:03 AM
Hello all,

real stupid thing happend to me, i was doing a remote defrag, and i forgot
the change permission on the share.

Thank you all once again,
Filipa Gaudêncio

"Dusan Kosaric" wrote:

> Do you have Antivirus software installed?
>
> "Lipa" <Lipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I'm running Ex2K wiht SP3 on a W2k with SP3 server. My mailbox store as
> > reached maximum allowed size and i need to perform an offline
> > defragmentation. the prolem is that i can't access the mailbox, it stops
> > before i can umount it.
> > The error is "Operation terminated with error -2231
> > (JET_errSLVStreamingFileInUse, The specified streaming file is currently
> > in
> > use) after 2.31 seconds."
> >
> > i reinstalled Ex2KSP3, but the problem remains.
> > What can i do to fix this?
> >
> > Thank you all very much,
> > Filipa Gaudencio

0
Lipa (14)

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Image merge
Hi, I'm attempting to merge images of various sizes into a Publisher file, but the images all resize to the original "placeholder" created when I set up the merge. Is there some way to merge the images and keep them all at their original size? I have over 300 images to merge, and, for obvious reasons, would rather not have to go back and resize them all individually. Thanks, David Publisher is NOT a photo editor. Edit your images in a photo editing program and then move them to Publisher. 300? Have fun. "David" <d_of@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1143069...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

Outlook 2003
Either I've found a bug, or I've got something really broken. With Outlook 2003 (latest patch installed) if I select to reply or forward by attaching the message, my signature isn't placed in the message. If however I select the option to include the text then the signature is attached. This is completely reproducable and I can't find anything about it online. So, anybody else see this? Anybody know how to fix it so that the signature is attached, even when I attach the message to a reply or forward? Thanks. Rob Yes, I'm having the same problem and haven'...

Why does it change size in IE
Everytime I use Outlook, it has an annoying habit of changing the text size in IE. This is annoying, how can I get it to stop this? ...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Outlook printout Problem
My computer installing windows XP ,IE6 and MS Outlook 2003. My problem outlook printout only header is printed out and not print out of content Are these messages in HTML? HTML messages are rendered and printed by Internet Explorer components, so one of these articles might help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q272518 Only the Text at the Top of the Web Page Is Printed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271583 Blank Page Is Printed in Internet Explorer 5.5 Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imagin...

Remote Web Workplace displays problems
-- Frustrated You might want to post this in a more appropriate group, this group is for Microsoft Exchange questions. I would also recommend you provide more information about the problem. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Pollywog" <Pollywog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1D333-D482-49EF-859C-2D9A81F9DB68@microsoft.com... > > -- > Frustrated ...

Plot Area Sizing Question
This is really a beginner question I am sure. Would really appreciate some help. When I create a chart in Excel 2003, sometimes the plot area is too small and crowded and not all my data labels show up. Is there any way other than dragging the corners to make the chart bigger (which doesn't always work) to make it big enough for all my labels to show up? THANKS!! You can format the x-axis: Click on the x-axis to select it Choose Format>Selected Axis On the Scale tab, for Number of categories between tick-mark labels, enter 1 On the Font tab, you can choose a smaller font si...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

Windows XP boot problem
Hi, I have a Del netbook which is loaded with Windows XP. I've not had need to use the netbook for about a fortnight and on trying to boot it up today I find that I cannot get past the boot screen ( the screen that has the MS Flag and the words "Microsoft Windows XP" and below these a scroll bar). The scroll bar is constantly scrolling from left to right, as it always does, but for reasons best known to the netbook, this is as far as it gets. The mouse is not yet visible Any suggestions as to what the problem(s) mey be would be much appreciated -- Cheers P...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

Importing spreadsheet problems
I am trying to make my database user friendly as possible by making it so the user doesn't have to import the data from a spreadsheet through "file"- "Get External Data" etc... So I am creating a button that creates a table from a query, then goes into the macro and open the sheet and imports the information and then saves the information into the table. I am getting either one or the other error that depends on what I tell the macro "TransferSpreadsheet" to do. First is telling me that there is not "F1" field in the destination table. Although t...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

Cannot access Inbox folder! Size problem?
I've been trying to get rid of a large bunch of old Emails by checking into my Inbox from time to time, selecting and deleting or moving a bunch. Now the Inbox folder had gotten so large (545 MB) that I can't even access it to delete old Emails. How can I get access again so I can whittle it down to size? Now I get one of two responses - either the message "FOlder could not be displayed" and I have to reboot or I just see new Emails (today only), but the other 1500 messages in my Inbox are not visible (or scary, they've been deleted somehow??). The file is still...

Problem w/Multi-item selection
Whenever I select multiple items in either my Sent Items or Deleted Items folders (to move them to another folder), it appears as though Outlook attempts to open each one. If I select 100 items, I get 100 dialog boxes telling me that DLL "whatever" couldn't be opened due to lack of resources. This has been happening ever since I got this laptop back in January. I've searched through all the "Tools | Options" menus, and haven't seen anything obvious that might help. Any help anyone can provide wil be appreciated. Thanks, Mike ...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...

Size of Excel file keeps getting bigger
I have a fairly small Excel file (~300K), that I update frequently. Mostly I am just replacing some text data, on which a lot of calculations are done. The text is being copied from a web page, so there is some HTML formatting and graphics data associated that make it about 30K in size The text being replaced is the same size as the new text, but when I close the file the size of the file goes up 30K or so. I can't figure out why it keeps increasing. The data is actually replaced, in that the cells have been overwritten. Any ideas? Is it keeping the old data around somehow, even ...

Form in another database
How can I check if an Access form is open or loaded when the form is in another Access application (mdb or nde file). Alex ...