Data Migration

I have edb files from E 5.5 (E 5.5 server is no longer available). I have
setup all users' mailboxes on a new E 2003 server. How can I import data from
5.5's edb files. Is there a step by step artilce ?
TIA

0
SAM4137 (239)

Sam:
    Your best bet is to build another Exchange 5.5 server and then ExMerge
the data in that store out to PST files.   There is no way to get that data
out of the database files without 3rd party help.

    However, if the data is really important to you, there are a couple of
3rd party products that make this a breeze.   Quest Software's Recovery
Manager for Exchange (http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange/)
will let you mount that database without a 5.5 server anywhere within 1,000
miles.  :-)   You can then move the mail out to a PST file.   Ontrack's
PowerControls will do the same thing.  http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols/
Both are slick and will let you do what you need to do.

HTH,

Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
Web: http://www.somorita.com
Stuff: http://geekbargains.blogspot.com

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have edb files from E 5.5 (E 5.5 server is no longer available). I have
> setup all users' mailboxes on a new E 2003 server. How can I import data
> from
> 5.5's edb files. Is there a step by step artilce ?
> TIA

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
6/12/2005 9:28:34 PM
Here is a 3rd party tool

http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchangeserver/index.htm

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have edb files from E 5.5 (E 5.5 server is no longer available). I have
> setup all users' mailboxes on a new E 2003 server. How can I import data
> from
> 5.5's edb files. Is there a step by step artilce ?
> TIA

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards You can't, I'm afraid. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#IntyI3xKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several > fields across db? > > Thanks > > Regards > > > Basically, what Tibor...

Clear Data ???
Hi, I'm new to GP and I have an issue with this term "Clear Data". Kinda scary. When I think of clearing data, I think of deleting data. I need to POPULATE the Resource Descriptions table and to do that you need to "clear data" ? Huh? How is clearing data, populating data? Can someone please explain what clear data actually does? I don't want to clear (delete) anything, I want to populate that table. Scary term.... Thx JPP Clear Data does exactly what you think it does - it DELETES data from tables. Why do you need to populate the Resource Des...

Optional Data Series & Missing Data in dynamic ranges?
Excel2000 Example file: http://www.mattkruse.com/temp/chart.xls I'm not new to Excel, but two things have always bugged me and I've never taken the time to figure out the correct answers. Can anyone help? 1) In the example file above, I have place-holders for 2 sets of data in my chart. Is it possible to tell the chart NOT to plot a data series if it doesn't contain any values? In other words, I'd like the chart to optionally show 4 lines, if the data exists. But if data only exists for 1 line, don't show the others in the legend at all. Possible? 2) In the example file,...

Validating data in a cell with a formula
Hi, I am trying to use Data Validation in a cell which contains a formula but it doesn't work. If I put a Validation test (say cell A1 must be greater than 0) and set the validation alerts on, and then try and type a negative number into A1 the validation works fine. IF however I put a formula in A1 like = B4 and then type -5 in B4, cell A1 then shows -5 and no validation alert is triggered. Does validation only work for typed in figures or can it evaluate the result returned to a cell by a formula?? Help much appreciated and thanks in advance Pach Validation does not work with formu...

How to moving cursor when data are filtered
Hi, I had read so many articles about moving rows up and down using offse in macro... however, it doesn't work when the column is filtered. Sample Data: Row 1 Fish 2 Meat 3 Vegie 4 Fish 5 Fish if I filter the row to show FISH only the results would be: Row 1 Fish 4 Fish 5 Fish My question is, how to move the cursor up and down when data i filtered (of which filtered data can be anything aside from fish) Jojo W -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi why do you want to move the cursor? What are you trying to do? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...

Paste data from AJ to K
I would like to create a macro that performs the following steps but I am unsuccessful. Can you help me? 1. Check Column AJ for data starting in Row2. 2. If Column AJ has data check the same row of Column K for data 3. If Column K is blank paste the data from the same row of Column AJ into Column K Hi, How about this Sub Copy_Rows() Dim LastRow As Long Dim MyRange as range, C as range Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") LastRow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "AJ").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("AJ2:AJ" & LastRow) For Each c In MyRange ...

forms not listed in database contents, yet can add data to them
Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view. All the tables, queries, and macros are there. When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can be used. The data is stored. So, it seems that the forms are still there, but just cannot be seen in design view. The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file object even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem? Thanks! You cannot open an entire database in Design View. Try opening it normally, selecting a form, and choosing Design View from the V...

How to find/replace data in column
Hi, In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole column to 1 but still as text. How can I do this? I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text. Thanks Rock Thank you Gord... The column I wish to change is actually K. Does this mean the A1 in the formula should in fact be K1 ? Rock Gord Dibben wrote: > Rock > > In an adjacent column. > > =IF(A1="0",TEXT(A1,"1")) > > Drag/copy down. > > > Gord Dibben Excel MVP > > > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:26:57 +1100, Rock <194...

is there a quick way to put spaces in data?
is there a quick way to put spaces in data? I have a Excel Spreadsheet that has data in it which was inported there. There is info in columns a b c d and in rows 1 through to the end (thousands). I need to get a space inserted after every 3 lines of data. So it would be A,1-2-3-4 then B, 1-2-3-4 then c, 1-2-3-4 then blank 1,2,3,4, then 3 rows of info followed by a blank, and so on. I posted a sample at the address below: http://lmr7.homestead.com/index.html thanks in advance for any help offered!!!!!!!! Select a blank column (I use column E) in E1 put 2 in E2 put =IF(MOD(E1,4)=0,E1+2,E1+...

extract data from combo box n use it in SQL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- not sure if i got the right forum I have a form created by VBA, and on the form I have a combo box wher the user can specify the month and year. I need to retrieve data from database using SQL but i require the input from the combo box to be par of my condition in my SQL statement to retrieve the data. so any ide wat is the syntax for writing a SQL statement with the consideration o the input from the combo box? right now i have 2 combo box. 1 holding the months, the other holdin the year SELECT b.OrgID, a.O...

Odd data variances in sql and ssrs
Hi, Two issues: (I am using SSRS 2005) 1. I have a report that gives very different results for one grand total between the dev version and the desployed version. Same report, same stored procedure, but a differece of 20000 for this one total between the two versions. I even made sure that the report was being deployed to the report server by putting a text box that said "test" on the dev version. I had thought that perhaps I'd actually been deploying to a different folder by accident. But this "test" label appeared on the deployed version after I added ...

How do I convert some data in the row to columns?
I have an issue that I need to resolve. I'm currently getting data in a row format, but I need to convert some of the data into columns, for importing into Access. For example...... Item Description Jan 05 Feb 05 Mar 05 Apr 05 ........... ABC123 Widget A 100 250 175 210 ............ XYZ123 Widget B 50 75 100 76 ............ To convert to........ Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Item Description Date Qty ABC123 Widget A Jan 05 100 ABC123 Widget A ...

data lookup/validation syntax
In Excel 2007 I have a sheet "sheet1" which has a part number in a cell. (A5) I want cell (D5) to have a data validation drop down menu which is populated from "sheet2". Sheet2 data looks something like this: Column A Column B partnumber1 tradename1 partnumber1 tradename2 partnumber2 tradename3 partnumber3 tradename4 The drop down in (D5) sheet1 should only contain tradenames which have partnumber matching (A5) sheet1. Ideas? Can I use SQL syntax in the data validation lookup? Perhaps Debra Dalgleish's site can get you ...

How do I fit a sigmoidal curve to data on a chart?
Using Solver. I show the use of Solver to fit a function at http://people.stfx.ca/BLIENGME/ExcelTips/Elisa.mht with sample worksheet. If you wish, you may send me (get my email address from my website) a file with data and the function to be fitted best wishes -- Bernard Liengme MVP Excel http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "tp" <tp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2385ED-D00C-4E33-B8A7-531247EAA329@microsoft.com... > ...

Back Office 4.5 & Exchange 5.5 Server migration to Win 2003 & Exchange 2003 Server
Hello, Is it possible to migrate a Back Office & Exchange 5.5 server to Win2k3 & Exchange 2003 and keep our NT 4.0 Domain enviroment. ==================== This is what we have: Winnt 4.0 PDC Winnt 4.0 BDC Back Office 4.5 w/ Exchange 5.5 (we want to eliminate this machine!!!) ===================== We have a seperate Win2k3 machine ready but not joined to the domain yet. Do we have to upgrade our Winnt 4.0 PDC aswell to Win2k3 or will our new Win2k3 w/ Exchange 2k3 fit in well in the NT 4.0 domain? What options & steps would be best to migrate? Thanks ahead of time, -Rene Enriq...

Count occurances in a group of data
Hello, my problem is on a much larger scale, but here is a simplified example of what I'm looking for Column B-K have different statistical categories. Row 1-5 have different names under each column... for example: B C D name 1 name 6 name 8 name 2 name 7 name 7 name 3 name 2 name 9 name 4 name 1 name 1 name 5 name 4 name 2... etc. How can I tell excel to go through all 10 columns and all 5 rows. and pull out every unique name, and tell me how many times each name appears? So the analysis I'm looking for woul...

How do you create a line of best fit from data in excel?
Sara The best way I am aware of is... If your data is in chart from, then right click any data point and select <Add Trendline...> Then select type <Linear> and then click the <Options> tab and checkmark <Disply Equation On Chart>. this will give the formula for the line as best fit in the form of the standardised y = bx + c. In effect this is a linear regression and gives you the line of best fit bith in visual form (i.e. the line it puts on the chart) and algebraic form (i.e. the equation). Does this help? I will check back if you need any further assist...

CRM Contact to Outlook Contact Data Synchronization Mappings
Is it possible to modify the CRM Contact to the Outlook Contact Data Synchronization Mappings in version 4.x? We have a client who would like to map Address 2 on the CRM Contact to the Home Address fields on the Outlook Contact. If it is possible, does anyone know the specific settings to modify for this? Yes only through CRM SDK and outlook offline plugins you can achieve that. for more see crm sdk. let me know if you need any help -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.c...

PST to Mailbox Migration
Hi everyone, I'm proud to say I just finished setting up my Exchange 2003 server and its working great! However, does anyone know the best way to migrate my PST file (about 250 MB) directly into my new Exchange mailbox. I'm trying to get everything in including Notes, Calendar, etc. I'd appreciate any help. Drag and dropping seems like it would work for messages, but not calendar. Would like to do this the "right" way. Thanks! :) You have a couple of choices. Either use Exmerge is you have many PSTs for many users and want them to have their mail without having...

Migration from Macintosh
How can I import my Outlook Macintosh personal folders into Outlook for Windows? ...

Customizing Import Data Wizard
Hi In import functionality of MS-CRM, we have a Import Data Wizard. Here after you upload the data file you get a picklist called "record type" which lists all the entities. How can I customize this picklist? I don't want to display all the entities, only a select few. thanks Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# And The Little Iterator That Could http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f0cfca12-7398-4b84-a232-0ae26adaa533/c-and-the-little-iterato.aspx ...

Simpler way to suppress missing data?
I created a sheet 8-10 cells where the user can fill in values. There are 20-25 cells containing the results of calculations based on those input cells. Initially, the input cells are blank. This causes various results in the derivative cells. Some of them get Value errors, some get division by zero errors, and others get zero. I want any cell that depends other cells to show a blank until all source cells have data. The best way I could find to do this is to replace a formula like =(B2*C2)+(D2*E2) with this monstrosity =IF(OR(B2="",C2="",D2="",E2="...

Ignoring 0 values in the series data
How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data and not show these? replace zeros with =NA() Manges -- mangesh_yada ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38003 You can delete the formulas that are producing zero, or replace them with =IF(formula=0,#N/A,formula) Jerry Alison wrote: > How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data a...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Where to get Data Migration Framework 3.0
Can someone tell me where to download the Data Migration Framework version that works with MS CRM 3.0? Thanks in advance Dear Samuele, "Samuele Marconcini" wrote: > Can someone tell me where to download the Data Migration > Framework version that works with MS CRM 3.0? See: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/dfb1fef18647c6e2/ Cheers Arne Janning Thanks Arne. ...