Data lost on Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration

After performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003, All seemed to go
pretty smoothly. There was one exception. A user complained that her mail
and everything was not there. I look at the PST file that EXMERGE created
from the 5.5 server and it's all of 30k. Check on the old server again,
yep...35k. Told her that was all, but come to find out, she had tons of
stuff in there. I was able to figure out from a 3 month old backup that she
did indeed have lots of stuff in there. I used EXMERGE on that one and put
that info into her new mailbox. Problem I have is with the current
database. It's not production anymore, but I would like to get her mail.
According to the Exchange 5.5 admin program shows 35k used but with 33,000+
items. Is there any way to recover this?

Don't give me a hard time about this. I aquired the client from someone who
obviously did not know what they were doing. No daily backups? I mean come
on! They now do a daily backup to tape with Veritas. :)
0
qube99 (17)

I'm confused...you're saying that you got the stuff from a 3-month old
backup...so what are you still missing?

"Who knows?" <qube99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> After performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003, All seemed to go
> pretty smoothly. There was one exception. A user complained that her mail
> and everything was not there. I look at the PST file that EXMERGE created
> from the 5.5 server and it's all of 30k. Check on the old server again,
> yep...35k. Told her that was all, but come to find out, she had tons of
> stuff in there. I was able to figure out from a 3 month old backup that
she
> did indeed have lots of stuff in there. I used EXMERGE on that one and put
> that info into her new mailbox. Problem I have is with the current
> database. It's not production anymore, but I would like to get her mail.
> According to the Exchange 5.5 admin program shows 35k used but with
33,000+
> items. Is there any way to recover this?
>
> Don't give me a hard time about this. I aquired the client from someone
who
> obviously did not know what they were doing. No daily backups? I mean come
> on! They now do a daily backup to tape with Veritas. :)

0
susan7353 (1225)
5/10/2004 10:57:46 PM
I am missing the 3 months of mail that was not backed up.

I'm just confused. Exchange 5.5 admin shows 33,000+ objects in her private
store, but only taking up 35k. Is that stored in non-committed logs or
something like that?

> I'm confused...you're saying that you got the stuff from a 3-month old
> backup...so what are you still missing?
>
>> After performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003, All seemed to
>> go pretty smoothly. There was one exception. A user complained that
>> her mail and everything was not there. I look at the PST file that
>> EXMERGE created from the 5.5 server and it's all of 30k. Check on the
>> old server again, yep...35k. Told her that was all, but come to find
>> out, she had tons of stuff in there. I was able to figure out from a
>> 3 month old backup that
> she
>> did indeed have lots of stuff in there. I used EXMERGE on that one
>> and put that info into her new mailbox. Problem I have is with the
>> current database. It's not production anymore, but I would like to
>> get her mail. According to the Exchange 5.5 admin program shows 35k
>> used but with
> 33,000+
>> items. Is there any way to recover this?
>>
>> Don't give me a hard time about this. I aquired the client from
>> someone
> who
>> obviously did not know what they were doing. No daily backups? I mean
>> come on! They now do a daily backup to tape with Veritas. :)

0
qube99 (17)

Publisher 2003 Pictures Issues
It's a good thing today is Friday..... I've been sitting here reading posts about other people having issues with Publisher and pictures. Here's my issue. I have a large publisher file. It contains many pictures. I've been working on this file for over a month now. One or two of my pictures (not the same ones each time) keep "disappearing". When I print the document, the picture is still not there. Here's what I have noticed. The box around the picture is still right where I left it. If I right click on the box, the tool bars that come up are fo...

horizontal data to vertical data

storing read only data

Two Sites in one Organisation (Exchange 2003)
I have two sites in one Organisation (both are Exchange 2003). When I create new E-mail id in one site other site notable to see it. What I have to do for. Need to create Active director connector? I tried it but its unable to connect other Exchange Serve. If do same thing in Exchange, its able to connect. Can any body help me on this? Have a good day. ADC is only used to synchronize the AD with an Exchange 5.5 directory. If you don't have 5.5, what are you connected the ADC to? You may need to get your terminology straight. In a pure Exchange 2003 environment there is no site ob...

export public folder data?

How to organize data?

Check Names with Exchange 2003
I have Outlook 2000 clients installed on a network with Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers. When Outlook is connected to an Exchange 5.5 mailbox (thus using Exchange DS) and the user enters a partial last name/first name combination separated by a comma (i.e. May, Hu when looking for Mayo, Hugh) the "Check Names" query is successful and all entries with those characters are retrieved. When Outlook is connected to an Exchange 2003 mailbox (thus using AD) and the same query is executed it fails. If a space is used instead of a comma the query is successful. Is there a way to...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

Exchange 2k3
Hi, I have done a search through both this group and the AD integration group but could not find an answer. I am probably not searching for the right terms. I know that to set the primary email address for a user I go into ADUC MMC snap-in -> Users OU -> Properties for a User -> E-mail Addresses tab then select the SMTP entry and click "Set as primary". To all intents and purposes this appears to work! ie this email address is now the bolded one. Unfortunately when I then open up Outlook as that user and click on new email message and attempt to send a message it ...

2003 files not looking right in 2007
I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003. Whew, it was a mess. Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003 opened it and it was fine. Why is this? I have to almost redo the whole brochure if I am going to use it in 2007. Am I missing something. Thanks Different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C260E80A-0B9E-4965-AFFB-8DB24DF05B32@microsoft.com... >I opened a brochure in 200...

changing from outlook express to outlook 2003
I am trying to change my default email program to outlook 2003. Imported addresses and mail without difficulty. I can not send or receive email now however. I get an error message that says something like "an object could not be found" error 0x8004010F. Any idea what the problem is? ...

data file: how to start its application

How to check store size on Exchange 2003?
What is the best way to check the store size on Exchange 2003? Also, does the Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with the 16 GB limit for both Public and Private with 16 GB each or is it the combined (Public + Private) > 16 GB that I am worried about? We are running Exchange 2003 Standard and I want to make sure we are not close to the 16 GB store limit so that Exchange Standard does not shut down due to the store size. Thanks! -- NC Beach Bum On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:45:01 -0700, NC Beach Bum <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to check the s...

How do I unmark private from all contacts in Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 and a number of my contacts were marked with the 'private' check mark. This has presented a problem in how they are displayed in my Treo 650. My questions are: 1. How do I set the default in Outlook 2003 so future new contacts will not be marked 'private? and 2. Is there any way to globally uncheck the private box on all my existing contacts without having to review every one (I have over 2000 contacts).? Thanks to remove the private mark, use a group by view that groups by the private field. drag the contacts from the Yes group to the No gr...

POP3 Access Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
Morning all, I have setup POP3 on my exhcnage server, all works fine, can telnet in to port 110 etc etc When I try to setup outlook 2003 on my account, I put all the details in and run the test it fails on the authentication, everything else works, connects to the POP3 Connects to the SMTP, sends a test email etc etc but just won't login, I have followed the below: - http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_21702387.html I have tried every way of typing the username, I have checked the acocunt has POP3 enabled under ADU&C exchange tasks etc e...

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007
I've looked through this forum pretty extensively and can't seem to find a clear answer to this. Probably because I'm having senior moments :-). A friend just got a new laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with Office 2007 Basic installed. His current laptop is running Windows XP Media Center with Office 2003. I have just setup his Outlook 2007 profile. Can I take his .pst from the Outlook 2003, copy it to a flash drive then replace the Outlook 2007 .pst created when I set up the profile with it? Will that carry across all his custom folders, contacts, calendar, etc.? The...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Lost transaction in CMTRX batch
We have a deposit transaction which seems to go through all steps in the accounting process in GP and get posted. A CMTRX audit trail code is assigned and all distributions are correct. The CMTRX batch is later posted under Finanical->Batches. When we check the amount against the Account numbers, it's not listed. We restore a pre-posted copy from backup to another GP instance. We realize that although the CMTRX audit trail code is assigned but a journal entry for the transaction has never been created. The problem could be GP's bug. But what our worry now is how we can ...

exchange 2007 on longhorn
anyone get exchange 2007 to run on longhorn? setup says powershell is required and setup won't continue without it; though i'm reading that powershell is integrated in longhorn (beta 3) On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:34:16 -0400, "seth" <seth@myhouse.net> wrote: > >anyone get exchange 2007 to run on longhorn? >setup says powershell is required and setup won't continue without it; >though i'm reading that powershell is integrated in longhorn (beta 3) > Not supported until Exch 2007 Sp1. what about sp1 beta? i tried setup from there with same resu...