Customizing warning message sent when mailbox has reached certain size.

Hi All,
Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning
message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a
limit?

Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but
actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB.

The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells
the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality
we only want to give them a warning that they are getting
close to the limit...

Hope that makes sense ;-)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thnx.

Tom

0
anonymous (74722)

no way to do this without hiring Microsoft Consulting Services...

"Tom Kostis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning
> message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a
> limit?
>
> Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but
> actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB.
>
> The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells
> the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality
> we only want to give them a warning that they are getting
> close to the limit...
>
> Hope that makes sense ;-)
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> Thnx.
>
> Tom

0
susan7353 (1225)
12/31/2003 5:01:36 PM
Hi Susan,
Thnx for your response.
Does MS simply not provide documentation on making said
change?  I'm just trying to understand why we would need
to hire MS consulting services.  I believe we have capable
employees who could make the change if doc. was available.

Happy New Year!

0
anonymous (74722)

How to get ride off this warning ?
Hi: I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another function like this: void foo (UINT string_id) { CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); } During comiling, got error at casting ((LPCTSTR)string_id. But it works fine. Just wonder, how to get ride off this warning? Thanks In Advance! Polaris use reinterpret_cast<LPCTSTR>(string_id) > Hi: > > I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another > function like this: > > void foo (UINT string_id) > { > CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); > } > ...

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

Not receiving messages correctly
I have a Microsoft Outlook XP client that is used to get mail from an Exchange 5.5 server that is not receiving meesages in a timely manner. If I send a message to the mailbox it takes an average of 20 minutes to get delivered. Doing a manual send/receive does not help. The message only comes through when I change the message that I am viewing in the preview screen by cycling through the messages with the arrow keys. The message that is sent can be seen when logging into webmail though. Has anyone heard of this before? All of the service packs and latest updates are installed, and they have...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Inconsistent Chart Sizing Into PPT
Can't get charts to paste into PowerPoint with consistent size. To test, I expanded (using the corner handles) two charts to exactly fill the screen. When I copy/paste each chart into an individual slide in PowerPoint, one is noticibally larger than the other. Is there a way to make the charts the same size and paste the same size? I have an article on this in the works, due out in about 24 months, the rate I'm going. A. Use embedded charts, and use Copy Picture (hold shift while selecting Edit menu, os Copy turns to Copy Picture) with On Screen and As Picture options. B. ...

How to insert a URL with spaces into message body
Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a message body from a mailto hyperlink without using brackets? For example: <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com? body=<http://www.micro% 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into the message body. However, the brackets will be visable too. If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro' portion will be hyperlinked. The 'soft.com' portion wi...

Can't delet Inbox messages.
I can not delete anything in my inbox. I can send email and view my email but when I highlite the message I can not delete...not even with the keyboard delete key. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. More info, please - version and SP level of Outlook? Size of PST file? Ken wrote: > I can not delete anything in my inbox. I can send email > and view my email but when I highlite the message I can > not delete...not even with the keyboard delete key. Any > ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Message box when DOB meets certain criteria
Hi all, I am a relative novice to the ways of Access, I am currently setting up a database in Access 2003. I have a form field (DOB) that if the date of birth entered makes the person between 2 and 16 years old I would like a message box to appear notifying the user (and be able to turn it off). Similarly if an existing record is opened and a child has it's second birthday I would also like the message to appear.. .I have posted a similar request and have got thus far: Private Sub DOB_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DateAdd("yyyy", 2, [DOB]) > Date Or Date...

The message just sits in the Outbox.
I've setup a shortcut that point to command: mailto: What this does is bring up the Send Message window, where I just type the text, pick the sender and the message is supposedly sent. However, there is one problem: the message is actually not sent, but just sits in the Outbox folder. How can I force the message to be actually sent? (Without having Outlook open all the time). Thanks Do you have Outlook setup to send e-mail immediately when sent? "Frank Rizzo" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:%23r2qOQA7GHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I've setup a...

Disappearing messages
I have recently set up a new Exchange 2003 server at an organization I work for. I configured my mailbox on it, and copied over a large number of mail items from Personal Folders to my mailbox on the Exchange server with no problem. Then, I configured my boss's account. I copied over his last month or so worth of emails from his Personal Folders to his his Mailbox. (From April 9 through May 3). Now, he can only see messages from May 1 until today. I think this might be the result of a problem I had with the offline folder file (connection hung up and wouldn't synchronize, ...

Problem sending message into outlook
I need to send a message into Outlook from a third party program that automatically sets up the subject line and inserts text into the body of the message. I'm using Delphi's ShellExecute command which just sends a message to Windows and lets Windows handle it. However, when I do this, it removes my signature text which I need and just puts the new text in instead. I tried telling the message window to add my signature, but that option is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can get both the new text and the signature in without having to load the signature into my program or ...

How do you turn off sort warning in Excel 2003?
You can't and it was a long battle to get it added! (You could provide a macro that sorts your data, though.) BR1 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Automatically Log of at a Certain Time of Day
Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. Use Scheduled Task that invokes Shutdown.exe. kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able > to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. If you only want them to logoff and keep the pc running run a Scheduled Task that runs the Logoff command, if you want to shut down the PC have the task run the Shutdown command. John kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Exchange 2003 + Outlook, adding disclamier message
Hi all, As following KB317680 "How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script". I noted that from the end of the KB: Note If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the e-mail, the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is because messages submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the e-mail triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are made by the event's code are not persisted. What should i do if my site is using Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email, how to add the disclamier message? Pl...

Database changes from 1.3 to 2.0 affecting custom reports
I just installed an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0. The customer has some custom reports that worked fine in 1.3, but don't run anymore in 2.0. I suspect that some of the table or field names are not the same. When we try and run one of the custom reports we get this error: Alter Table VIEWSTOREQTY and Alter Column DAYOFYEAR DATETIME" Then when I hit OK, I get this additional message "(5) Invalid Procedure call or argument." I have a copy of the custom report, but don't know how to identify which table names or fields have changed. Where would I find a list of tabl...

Change paper size w/ WinXP
I recently updated to Win XP. In Excel 2000, I just noticed that when I do page setup, the paper size can't be selected. It is grayed out. I'd still guess that printer driver. Don wrote: > > I recently updated to Win XP. In Excel 2000, I just > noticed that when I do page setup, the paper size can't be > selected. It is grayed out. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Hyperlink Warning Message
I have hyperlinks to files in my database. When I click on them, it gives me this annoying error message about how hyperlinks can be dangerous. How can I disable that warning? JoAnn JoAnn, see: GoHyperlink() - Handle warnings, special characters, and errors at: http://allenbrowne.com/func-GoHyperlink.html Have been going to write that for ages, since it affects so many people. Your post was the trigger today. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org...

Can't see messages in Inbox
When I go to Outlook, and click on the Inbox, the inbox showed up for a second, then it is replaced by PopNav website. This website had replaced my homepage in IE also. I can't see messages in my Inbox anymore. HELP !! What can I do to fix this? Note: as of yesterday my Outlook inbox worked fine. "Fie Fie Niles" <fniles@wincitesystems.com> wrote in message news:efE6nNo6DHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I go to Outlook, and click on the Inbox, the inbox showed up for a > second, then it is replaced by PopNav website. This website had replaced my > homepage ...