Customize the mailbox to include new folders

I've been asked by my manangement to see if there was a way to automatically
create folders in a mailbox depending on what dept you are in.  We just
migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange and if you know Notes, it's relatively
easy to cutomize the Notes mail database by creating different mail db
templates for each dept, but I have no idea how to do this in Exchange.

From what I see there isn't a way to select a mailbox template in Exchange
or for that matter customize it.  Can someone point me in a direction that
will help me accomplish this.

Thank you.

0
Pikake (2)

There is no easy way I know of to do that, but it certainly could be
scripted by someone so qualified.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Pikake" <Pikake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been asked by my manangement to see if there was a way to
> automatically
> create folders in a mailbox depending on what dept you are in.  We just
> migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange and if you know Notes, it's
> relatively
> easy to cutomize the Notes mail database by creating different mail db
> templates for each dept, but I have no idea how to do this in Exchange.
>
> From what I see there isn't a way to select a mailbox template in Exchange
> or for that matter customize it.  Can someone point me in a direction that
> will help me accomplish this.
>
> Thank you.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Sales for Outlook Errors when creating new records
We have just installed MS CRM 1.2, and all seems well in the web client, and on the activities side of the Outlook client, but when any user attempts to create a new record of type Account or Competitor or Contact or Invoice etc, they get the following error in the popup window; Microsoft CRM Error An error has occurred, for more information, contact your system administrator Try Again | Close Can anyone shed any light? Seems pretty fundamental, but I'm drawing a blank. TIA Paul. is the users computer running antivirus software as we have seen issues like this with mcaffees an...

Can't create new accounts
Dear all I have an exchange server 2003 and two win2000 DCs(also GC).From Last week I had a problem to create new accounts.Normally,when I finish creating a new user account,then the mail address should appear.But I can't see it.After restarted both DCs,it works normally for two weeks then the question repeat again. Please give me some suggests,TKS. Hi Jerry Please ensure that you have installed the Exchange System Manager on the machines that you are trying to create mailboxes from. Insert the Exchange setup CD, do a Custom install and select only the Exchange System Manager, a...

A new Semantic Power Tool for working with Multiple Excel Spreadsh
Hi Excuse the brazen out of the blue plug for my product - but I am quite certain this is going to be interesting to many of you who work with multiple spreadsheets: Would you care to look at the following brief intros at: http://www.semanticbusinessintelligence.com or the Excel specific page at: http://www.semanticbusinessintelligence.com/excel.html or the Semantic Discovery System for Excel Multi Spreadsheet Integration Video here: http://www.semanticbusinessintelligence.com/videos.html We would appreciate any feedback - and especially the opportunity to discuss mutual business o...

Going nuts trying to create custom Xml classes
I'm currently writing a C# class library to represent a certain XML that we're using. What I want to do is to allow our developers to instantiate these classes and then pass the XmlDocument class (actually, a class that inherits XmlDocument) to a web service for additional processing. The problem I'm having seems straight forward, but I can't figure out a straight forward way of handling the issue. The DTD states that certain elements are required while others are not. In addition, many tags have child tags that must be presented in a specific order. For example, giv...

Cant expand Public Folders in ESM : c1030af0
Exchange 2003 SP1 Problem: Exchange System Manager, Folders, Public Folders. The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. c1030af0 Solution: IIS, Default Web Site properties, Website tab, Advanced, Add: IP Address=(All Assigned) TCP port=80 Host Header=(nothing) Restart Exchange System Manager IDnicou What are te port settings of your Default Web Site in Internet Services Manager? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden MCP 2003,MCSE 2000, MCSE NT4+I Netherlands <nicough@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1116249372.625040.144110@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #3
Hi all, I have just created a new distribution lists in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... Hi Marty, sorry but this is not possible. Normally you can create a "PRF file" to configure Outlook automatically with the same settings, but the "Outlook Addressbook" is unsupported for this "auto...

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

Authentication error on new install
Hello, we have just installed CRM 3.0 SBE on our SBS Premium server. Using the Deployment Manager, we added some users to CRM. However, when those users try to go to our CRM site, http://everest:5555, they get an Authentication Error window from CRM. We also get an error when trying to use Outlook with CRM. What do we need to do to resolve this? Or where do we start looking? Thanks! Chester Hi, We have just installed CRM 3.0 on the SBS server and i get exactly the same error too as Chester. It would be helpful if someone can advice us on how to go about this error. Kind Regards Ridhi...

Quote for Customer Report Problem
I create a printable quote form using Crystal Reports base don Michael Yourshaw's method (send GUID to aspx page and redirect to the report). But I have a problem. When I press the 'open quote in Crystal' button on the quote form, I have to enter my username and password again to be able to see the report. How can I solve this? Thx! ...

Exchange 2003 and Active Directory mailbox owner
Situation: Active Directory 2003 Exchange 2003 Users have been migrated using ADMT from NT to 2003 and associated mailboxes are 99.9% correctly associated with the correct AD ID But in Active Directory U and C Userid A has a mailbox associated with it but that mailbox belongs to Userid B. what is the simplest (or correct) way to get the mailbox associated with Userid B. so that when I look at ADU&C the exhange mailbox store has a mailbox listed for User B. Any help would be appreciated are you completely migrated to 2003? I would just make certain that you have mailbox retention conf...

new email
When creating a new email my email address does not automatically populate and when I type in the body of the email, nothing appears. ...

Times New Roman not kerned

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

Outlook does not retain folders in FAVORITES
How do I get Outlook 2003 to retain the folders that I moved to favorites. It loses them when restarted. I am still looking for an answer to thiws. It is ridculous that this fails. On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:34:55 -0600, Rojo <w0mn00@gmail.com> wrote: >How do I get Outlook 2003 to retain the folders that I moved to >favorites. It loses them when restarted. ...

How to create a new email activity by rule when send mail in outlo
Hi , I have modify the email task to add some more fields. But I cannot edit them when I send email in outlook . and I cannt edit them in Web after send email because it is in "History" instead of "Activities"( I have choose track in Crm and select the regard when send email in outlook and find it in the history tab of regarded object) So , I want to create a new email activity when I send a email and choose regard in outlook, This new activity should be same as the one in "History" but it is new, so I can edit the others fields. Can I do it, if so , could you pl...

Create a folder in Word on export
I am in the process of created several forms that will merge data to Word Templates that are legal documents. What I need to do is; 1) look in a defined folder in Word and determine if another folder exist if not create the folder and name it based on a field on the Access Form. 2) Once the folder is created save the merged.doc as a saveas naming it the same name as the template or a name from a field on the form, or if the folder in Word already exist, do a saveas to the that folder, then display the .doc for possible changes. Also if it is not obvious I’m a newbe. I know from wha...

Customer Report 02-16-10
I'm trying to develop a report that will show me certain customers who have purchased more than one of a certain item. The customer's account numbers all start with a unique three letter prefix. Anyway for a purchase history report showing summarized items? Alternately, if I could make a report showing item comments, this would solve it too, because I could add a comment and filter the report for that. But it seems like you can only filter on transaction comments. Any ideas? ...

Mailbox features
In additional mailboxes that I have in Outlook 2003 I wanted to remove the unwanted items from the folder , like: drafts, contacts, journal, notes, tasks etc... Is there a way to remove this? tried right clicking on it to delete it but the options have been greayed out. Need help Kunal <kunal@ilgroup.co.uk> wrote: > In additional mailboxes that I have in Outlook 2003 I wanted to > remove the unwanted items from the folder , like: drafts, contacts, > journal, notes, tasks etc... You cannot remove any of the predefined folders. -- Brian Tillman ...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Customize Outlook Today Button Does Not Work #2
Customize Outlook Today Button Does Not Work. No matter what I do (repair, reinstall), nothing seems to make this button work. And I've seen it work before on other installations. Running under XP with all the latest updates. Please help!! Dear Joseph, which Outlook version? Maybe this site will help for Outlook 2000: OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation ...

Acess Mailbox from 2 PCs
Outlook 2003 SP2 Is it OK to access the same Mailbox from 2 PCs (work, home) ? anything to be aware of to avoid problem ? thanks in most cases, yes. how are you accessing it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messagi...

Exchange 2003 Sp1: How verify when a mail enters the user mailbox?
Hello, I have a domain with windows 2003 exchange 2003 sp1 configured to have all the mailboxes inside it. Sometimes a user says that a mail he was waiting for have not arrived but the tracking center says me that it was delivered, but the user doesn't see it. How Can I verify the mailbox to see if the mail was delivered and where it is? Thanks in advance for help Lorenzo Ivaldi On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:54:40 +0100, Lorenzo Ivaldi <lorenzo.ivaldi@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, I have a domain with windows 2003 exchange 2003 sp1 configured to > have all the mailboxes inside...

New Hotmail and Outlook Live
Hello, When is the new Hotmail (formerly Kahuna and now Mail Live) service going to be made available approximately? I am Outlook Live customer and I was wondering if I will be tempted to use Outlook in favor of an Outlook-live new interface? Why would I use Outlook Live and pay for it? Bilal is local storage with the cost of outlook live? do you use the calendar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Ti...

Mailbox management Deail report data
I find that the output of the mailbox management detail reporting has a little too much detail for my liking. I would like to see a list of the folders containing old/big mail. I really don't care about all of the folders with no items that qualify for my criteria. Is there any way to get at that information that does not involve me parsing the text report? The data is there. It's just not in a very usable form. It a perfect world I'd love to use crystal reports to query exchange and do some of my own reporting. Got any ideas? -Steve ...