Custom Attribute - Exchange 5.5

Anyone know how to map a custom attribute to a regular
field in exch 5.5?

Plz post comments here.

Thanks
Shawn
0
anonymous (74719)

"Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Anyone know how to map a custom attribute to a regular
>field in exch 5.5?
>
>Plz post comments here.
>
>Thanks
>Shawn
Not sure what you mean. The custom attributes are there specifically
as extras to the regular fields.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
2/5/2004 7:26:17 PM

Mark,

I know the custom attributes are user specific fields you
can do multiple seraches with. My company is going to A.D.
and wants to be able to search via custom attribute 1.
(which I have to manually entered as City information)
Since this Field is under the General tab, I was wondering
if I could link the 2 fields together so I dont have to do
an export/import. Is there a way? (maybe through raw
properties?)

Thanks
Shawn
0
anonymous (74719)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

Template for 8.5 X 14 booklet with two folds?
I would like to create a document using 8.5 x 14 paper to be used as a concert program. I currently create programs using 8.5 x 11 with one fold. I plan to fold the sheet at 5.5 and 11 inches and use the extra 3 inch "flap" for notices, ads, etc. I did a search of the group and found one howto to open a new document using 8.5 x 14 paper but the instructions are not working for me. "Go to file/new.../publications for print/brochures and choose any template for 2fold three page brochure. John Bland" Should "file/new" bring up another dropdown menu "pubicat...

Hotfix 837794 Exch 5.5
I have seen that a couple of people have been looking for this hotfix. Has anyone found it? I noted that some of the resposes were to get it from MS. I tried several times. They all said it was an obsolete program and this hotfix was no longer available. The last guy I spoke to suggested I post here to see if I could get it. I need it for my 5.5 server to stop sending NDRs as MessageLabs is now blocking us. I know there are other programs for purchse that will help in this regard, but I am hoping that this will just require a temporary fix and I will be able to upgrade the whole system ...

toolbar customization

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

lookup formula #5
I am trying to come up with a formula that looks up an order number (eg 2013864) on a list on another sheet (2)and then returns all the listings corresponding to that number eg: Sheet 2 Order No.s Details 2013864 red 2013864 blue 2013864 green 2013865 red 2013865 green 2013864 black Sheet 1 2013864 (this is where I enter number to be looked up) red ( details that ) blue (correspond to) green ( order No ) Regards gregorK The easiest way to go i...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Outlook 2002 Problem #5
When I paste text to the body of a email message using Outlook 2002, Windows XP laptop, I get: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Error Signature: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: mshtml.dll ModVer: 6.0.2800.1141 ...

Auto Recovery #5
Our office just had a power failure which lasted for about 3 seconds but it was long enough to shut down all the computers. There were three of us working on different Excel files. Mine was saved on the hard drive, one employee saved to the network and the other to the desktop. My files were all recovered even the ones I had not saved. The files of the other two employees were not recovered and they were both previously saved. I checked the AutoRecover setting on the computers and they were all activated, with the "Save AutoRecover info" set up to save every 10 minute...

Customer Report

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

GPS Customization Query

Custom X-axis

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

CRM Outlook Client #5
I tried updating to RU3 on an Outlook client that can go offline. When I go to install Ru3 I get "Action Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.MspInstallAction failed. This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package". I thought the RU3 on the server was corrupt so I down loaded a new one and got a new message when trying to install again. I noticed on other newsgroups that there were older hotfixes preventing the RU from installing. When I wen...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Exporting Smartlist to Excel with 5 decimal position
Whenever I export a smartlist with 5 decimal position to Excel, it always default to 2 decimal, then I have to manually change the column format to 5 decimal. Is there a way to set this up to automatically have the 5 decimal whenever I export to Excel from Smartlist? regards, If you had specific SmartList options in mind, then you could set up a SmartList Export Solution (Open SmartList, then go to Extras > SmartList > Export Solutions). Before opening this, you could create an Excel spreadsheet and format the currency columns to 5 dps OR set up a 'Completion Macro' t...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...