Creating Users

Somebody created a few users on a machine without ESM installed.  I need to
add an Exchange mailbox for these folks.  We recently upgraded to 2003 (both
domain and exchange), and I think I'm missing something.

I right click n the user, select Exchange task.  The only option available
is to remove exchange attributes.  Sure enough, clicking on the user shows a
few of the Exchange tabs, but not the Email Address tab.

What's the process for adding email addresses / mailboxes to existing users
in this type of scenario?  I do not want to delete/recreate the user.  Must
I remove attributes, wait a bit, then create a mailbox?

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance!

0
jgarlock (18)

that would be the thing to do...I had this happen a couple of times, too,
when a user was added to distribution groups before the mailbox was
created...

"Jon G" <jgarlock@jhcohn.com> wrote in message
> Somebody created a few users on a machine without ESM installed.  I need
> add an Exchange mailbox for these folks.  We recently upgraded to 2003
(both
> domain and exchange), and I think I'm missing something.
>
> I right click n the user, select Exchange task.  The only option available
> is to remove exchange attributes.  Sure enough, clicking on the user shows
> few of the Exchange tabs, but not the Email Address tab.
>
> What's the process for adding email addresses / mailboxes to existing
users
> in this type of scenario?  I do not want to delete/recreate the user.
Must
> I remove attributes, wait a bit, then create a mailbox?
>
> Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance!

0
susan7353 (1225)

create a roster

User prompted for password 5 times
One of my users is experiencing a very odd (at least to me) behavior. He is logged into his XP system which is joined to our Active Directory, no problems there. When he launches Outlook hs is prompted for his password for some reason. He has to enter his password and click OK, then repeat this step 5 times before it lets him in. Any thoughts? Thanks I'm having a similar problem. Also running XP and Outlook 2003. Did you get any answers? I haven't tried to authenticate 5 times but that should not be the answer! Right? >-----Original Message----- >One of my users is ex...

How do I include more Help options for really inexperienced users?
Things like on the forms (beside each label), how can i include a question mark symbol that, when the mouse hovers over it, shows the format needed for the data that should be input? e.g. contact number - 028 90 000000 You can easily do this with the Control Tip Text property. Open your form in design view and select the control which you want to show the format for. Open properties and go to the Other tab. Type in your example format in the Control Tip Text property. Steve santus@penn.com "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Managed user test
Posting this to see if my id identies me properly as a managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_06BAC655 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lisa, No, the tool that I'm using (an internal Microsoft Tool we use) doesn't show your thread as any of the "Managed" types of users. I only see this post because I was looking from Outlook Express from home last night and saw this query. Today I looked for it under Managed Users, didn't find it, then switch to "All" postings and there you were. I confess while I can answer technical types of ques...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

OWA and Domain\User Name Logon
Something strange happened to the logon requirements when logging onto OWA... Initially when I configured OWA the user was required to use his or her domain with their username when logging onto OWA. Now, the domain portion before the user name is no longer required. Although more convenient for the user to logon this way, I'd like to see the logon requirements as they were with the domain portion of the logon required. I am wondering what could have happened to change this feature. Any ideas? How would one change it back? Thanks in advance. Raymond- If somebody put a \ in the default...

Single user Outlook 2007 license for desktop and laptop
What is the cheapest way I can get an Outlook 2007 license that I can use on both my desktop and laptop? Richard As long as you are the only user, the license in a retail box is good for a desktop and a portable. it is not good for a desktop and a laptop if you and your spouse both use the computers - it has to be for computers that won't both be used at the same time. I highly recommend buying the office suite, not just outlook - you'll have a better experience when all of the office apps are the same version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

List all users with Send AS rights
Hello All, I need to find a utility or script that will show all users who have the Send AS right enabled. I have looked at the script in Microsoft KB Article 912918 and it list all users who have full mailbox rights but do not have Send AS rights. What I need is to list only the users who do have Send AS rights. Is there anyhting that will tell me who has Send AS rights? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP See if this helps. Auditing Send-as and Receive As rights via script http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/12/auditing-send-as-and-receive-as-rights.html James Chong Rschraeger wrote: > Hel...

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Shared AD user- Licensing
For infrequent, web-only users, is it possible to create a single AD user, called CRMShare (or something similar), then let the infrequent users utilize this single AD logon to interact with CRM? I understand the security ramifications of taking this approach, but want to know if this is acceptable as a "security trade-off", or if it is in direct violation of the EULA. TIA -Rob when dealing with MS, the ole rule of thumb: when in doubt, you're violating the EULA..... call MBS, i doubt they'll charge you for such a question, better than asking people here... -gary &q...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...