Creating POP3 Acccounts

Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps 
requesting a user name and password and get the following 
error.


There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your 
Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com', 
Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server 
Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): 
No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Have verified the user name and password and they are OK. 
I'm able to log into the network using the same user name 
and password that have been set up to get email.

What am I doing wrong?

Using the same user name and password to set up an 
Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.

Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this 
account.  Other accounts have been created without any 
problems.
0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 10:08:27 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

11 Replies
105 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their mailbox alias, it its 
not then you will need to provide their logon credentials in the following 
format:

domainname\logonname\alias

-- 
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps
> requesting a user name and password and get the following
> error.
>
>
> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>
> Have verified the user name and password and they are OK.
> I'm able to log into the network using the same user name
> and password that have been set up to get email.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Using the same user name and password to set up an
> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>
> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
> account.  Other accounts have been created without any
> problems. 


0
Mark
6/3/2004 10:18:59 PM
I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very 
frustrating...

I have checked and my logon name and alias are the same! I 
have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!

I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't login.

I have tried setting my outlook express client to use the 
domain\username, smtp email address, and just the login 
name. 

I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is really 
annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server 
messed up???

FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to access 
any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on the 
same internal network as all my other exchange servers so 
I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers 
communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.


>-----Original Message-----
>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their 
mailbox alias, it its 
>not then you will need to provide their logon credentials 
in the following 
>format:
>
>domainname\logonname\alias
>
>-- 
>Mark Fugatt
>Exchange MVP
>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>http://www.msexchange.org
>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message 
>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps
>> requesting a user name and password and get the 
following
>> error.
>>
>>
>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>>
>> Have verified the user name and password and they are 
OK.
>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user 
name
>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>
>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>> account.  Other accounts have been created without any
>> problems. 
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 11:49:25 PM
Do have a PIX Firewall?

-- 
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
> frustrating...
>
> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the same! I
> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>
> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't login.
>
> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use the
> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the login
> name.
>
> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is really
> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
> messed up???
>
> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to access
> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on the
> same internal network as all my other exchange servers so
> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
> mailbox alias, it its
>>not then you will need to provide their logon credentials
> in the following
>>format:
>>
>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>
>>-- 
>>Mark Fugatt
>>Exchange MVP
>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps
>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
> following
>>> error.
>>>
>>>
>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>>>
>>> Have verified the user name and password and they are
> OK.
>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user
> name
>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>
>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without any
>>> problems.
>>
>>
>>.
>> 


0
Mark
6/4/2004 12:02:27 AM
I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this entire 
setup as all on the same switch.

For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE 
server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing only. 
I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't 
plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes via 
pop3 from the FE server internally.

>-----Original Message-----
>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>
>-- 
>Mark Fugatt
>Exchange MVP
>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>http://www.msexchange.org
>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
in message 
>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
>> frustrating...
>>
>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the 
same! I
>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>
>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't login.
>>
>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use 
the
>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the login
>> name.
>>
>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is 
really
>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
>> messed up???
>>
>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to access
>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on the
>> same internal network as all my other exchange servers 
so
>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>>
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>not then you will need to provide their logon 
credentials
>> in the following
>>>format:
>>>
>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>
>>>-- 
>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>Exchange MVP
>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps
>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>> following
>>>> error.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. 
Your
>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
(SSL):
>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>>>>
>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they are
>> OK.
>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user
>> name
>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>
>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>
>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>
>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without any
>>>> problems.
>>>
>>>
>>>.
>>> 
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 12:46:07 AM
What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have you enabled the POP3 
Service?

-- 
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this entire
> setup as all on the same switch.
>
> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing only.
> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes via
> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>
>>-- 
>>Mark Fugatt
>>Exchange MVP
>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
>>> frustrating...
>>>
>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
> same! I
>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>
>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't login.
>>>
>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use
> the
>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the login
>>> name.
>>>
>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
> really
>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
>>> messed up???
>>>
>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to access
>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on the
>>> same internal network as all my other exchange servers
> so
>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>>>
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
> credentials
>>> in the following
>>>>format:
>>>>
>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>
>>>>-- 
>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message
>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps
>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>> following
>>>>> error.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
> Your
>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
> (SSL):
>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>>>>>
>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they are
>>> OK.
>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user
>>> name
>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>
>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>
>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>
>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without any
>>>>> problems.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>.
>>>>
>>
>>
>>.
>> 


0
Mark
6/4/2004 12:52:17 AM
Disregard, I forgot you could telnet to port 110

If you can telnet to port 110, using the fqdn and/or ip address then I 
cannot see why you cannot connect using the client, can you post the exact 
error the client gets.

-- 
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
"Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message 
news:uZX$v4cSEHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have you enabled the POP3 
> Service?
>
> -- 
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this entire
>> setup as all on the same switch.
>>
>> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
>> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing only.
>> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
>> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes via
>> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>>
>>>-- 
>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>Exchange MVP
>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in message
>>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
>>>> frustrating...
>>>>
>>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
>> same! I
>>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>>
>>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't login.
>>>>
>>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use
>> the
>>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the login
>>>> name.
>>>>
>>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
>> really
>>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
>>>> messed up???
>>>>
>>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to access
>>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on the
>>>> same internal network as all my other exchange servers
>> so
>>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
>> credentials
>>>> in the following
>>>>>format:
>>>>>
>>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>>
>>>>>-- 
>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>>> message
>>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but keeps
>>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>>> following
>>>>>> error.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
>> Your
>>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
>> (SSL):
>>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they are
>>>> OK.
>>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user
>>>> name
>>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without any
>>>>>> problems.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>.
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>.
>>>
>
> 


0
Mark
6/4/2004 12:56:41 AM
Exchange 2003, yes I have enabled POP3 service on the 
front end server. Remember, I mentioned I can telnet to 
the server via port 110. I have not enabled pop3 on any of 
my backend servers and from what I understand and read I 
don't have to.

I WAS using an SSL certficate but I uninstalled it from 
the IIS server to prevent another variable from causing my 
problems. My authentication on the pop3 is set to clear 
text (for testing of course).

I keep getting prompted no matter what I do.

>-----Original Message-----
>What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have you 
enabled the POP3 
>Service?
>
>-- 
>Mark Fugatt
>Exchange MVP
>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>http://www.msexchange.org
><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this 
entire
>> setup as all on the same switch.
>>
>> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
>> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing 
only.
>> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
>> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes 
via
>> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>>
>>>-- 
>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>Exchange MVP
>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in message
>>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
>>>> frustrating...
>>>>
>>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
>> same! I
>>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>>
>>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't 
login.
>>>>
>>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use
>> the
>>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the 
login
>>>> name.
>>>>
>>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
>> really
>>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
>>>> messed up???
>>>>
>>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to 
access
>>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on 
the
>>>> same internal network as all my other exchange servers
>> so
>>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
>> credentials
>>>> in the following
>>>>>format:
>>>>>
>>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>>
>>>>>-- 
>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>>> message
>>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but 
keeps
>>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>>> following
>>>>>> error.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
>> Your
>>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
>> (SSL):
>>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 
0x800CCC92
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they 
are
>>>> OK.
>>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user
>>>> name
>>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without 
any
>>>>>> problems.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>.
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>.
>>> 
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 12:57:31 AM
Don't have that available but the outlook express just 
tells me incorrect password.

Here is what happens when I try to login via telnet:

Test scenerio:

2 users, both telneting to the front end server. User one 
has a mailbox on the front end server, user two has a 
mailbox on a backend server.

Here is what I get:

User1 (mailbox located on FE server)

At telnet prompt:

User test1
ok
pass test1
-ERR The specified Module Cannot Be Found

User 2 (mailbox located on BE server)
User test2
ok
pass test2
-ERR No connection could be made because the target 
machine actively refused it.

>-----Original Message-----
>Disregard, I forgot you could telnet to port 110
>
>If you can telnet to port 110, using the fqdn and/or ip 
address then I 
>cannot see why you cannot connect using the client, can 
you post the exact 
>error the client gets.
>
>-- 
>Mark Fugatt
>Exchange MVP
>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>http://www.msexchange.org
>"Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message 
>news:uZX$v4cSEHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have 
you enabled the POP3 
>> Service?
>>
>> -- 
>> Mark Fugatt
>> Exchange MVP
>> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>> http://www.msexchange.org
>> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this 
entire
>>> setup as all on the same switch.
>>>
>>> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
>>> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing 
only.
>>> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
>>> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes 
via
>>> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>>>
>>>>-- 
>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>> in message
>>>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
>>>>> frustrating...
>>>>>
>>>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
>>> same! I
>>>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>>>
>>>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't 
login.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use
>>> the
>>>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the 
login
>>>>> name.
>>>>>
>>>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
>>> really
>>>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
>>>>> messed up???
>>>>>
>>>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to 
access
>>>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on 
the
>>>>> same internal network as all my other exchange 
servers
>>> so
>>>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
>>> credentials
>>>>> in the following
>>>>>>format:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>>>
>>>>>>-- 
>>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>>>> message
>>>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but 
keeps
>>>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>>>> following
>>>>>>> error.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
>>> Your
>>>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
>>> (SSL):
>>>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 
0x800CCC92
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they 
are
>>>>> OK.
>>>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same 
user
>>>>> name
>>>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without 
any
>>>>>>> problems.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>.
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>.
>>>>
>>
>> 
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 1:05:27 AM
You need it enabled on the back-end servers as well.

-- 
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:180e901c449ce$ea14aa50$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Exchange 2003, yes I have enabled POP3 service on the
> front end server. Remember, I mentioned I can telnet to
> the server via port 110. I have not enabled pop3 on any of
> my backend servers and from what I understand and read I
> don't have to.
>
> I WAS using an SSL certficate but I uninstalled it from
> the IIS server to prevent another variable from causing my
> problems. My authentication on the pop3 is set to clear
> text (for testing of course).
>
> I keep getting prompted no matter what I do.
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have you
> enabled the POP3
>>Service?
>>
>>-- 
>>Mark Fugatt
>>Exchange MVP
>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>http://www.msexchange.org
>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this
> entire
>>> setup as all on the same switch.
>>>
>>> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
>>> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing
> only.
>>> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
>>> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes
> via
>>> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>>>
>>>>-- 
>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>> in message
>>>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is very
>>>>> frustrating...
>>>>>
>>>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
>>> same! I
>>>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>>>
>>>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't
> login.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to use
>>> the
>>>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the
> login
>>>>> name.
>>>>>
>>>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
>>> really
>>>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my server
>>>>> messed up???
>>>>>
>>>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to
> access
>>>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on
> the
>>>>> same internal network as all my other exchange servers
>>> so
>>>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 110.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
>>> credentials
>>>>> in the following
>>>>>>format:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>>>
>>>>>>-- 
>>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>>>> message
>>>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but
> keeps
>>>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>>>> following
>>>>>>> error.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
>>> Your
>>>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
>>> (SSL):
>>>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC92
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they
> are
>>>>> OK.
>>>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same user
>>>>> name
>>>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without
> any
>>>>>>> problems.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>.
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>.
>>>>
>>
>>
>>.
>> 


0
Mark
6/4/2004 1:06:46 AM
Would that prevent me from accessing a mailbox that is 
located on the Front End server itself?

>-----Original Message-----
>You need it enabled on the back-end servers as well.
>
>-- 
>Mark Fugatt
>Exchange MVP
>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>http://www.msexchange.org
><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>news:180e901c449ce$ea14aa50$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>> Exchange 2003, yes I have enabled POP3 service on the
>> front end server. Remember, I mentioned I can telnet to
>> the server via port 110. I have not enabled pop3 on any 
of
>> my backend servers and from what I understand and read I
>> don't have to.
>>
>> I WAS using an SSL certficate but I uninstalled it from
>> the IIS server to prevent another variable from causing 
my
>> problems. My authentication on the pop3 is set to clear
>> text (for testing of course).
>>
>> I keep getting prompted no matter what I do.
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have you
>> enabled the POP3
>>>Service?
>>>
>>>-- 
>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>Exchange MVP
>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this
>> entire
>>>> setup as all on the same switch.
>>>>
>>>> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
>>>> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing
>> only.
>>>> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
>>>> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes
>> via
>>>> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>>>>
>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>>>>
>>>>>-- 
>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote
>>>> in message
>>>>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is 
very
>>>>>> frustrating...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
>>>> same! I
>>>>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't
>> login.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to 
use
>>>> the
>>>>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the
>> login
>>>>>> name.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
>>>> really
>>>>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my 
server
>>>>>> messed up???
>>>>>>
>>>>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to
>> access
>>>>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on
>> the
>>>>>> same internal network as all my other exchange 
servers
>>>> so
>>>>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>>>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port 
110.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>>>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
>>>> credentials
>>>>>> in the following
>>>>>>>format:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>-- 
>>>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
in
>>>>>> message
>>>>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but
>> keeps
>>>>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>>>>> following
>>>>>>>> error.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
>>>> Your
>>>>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
>>>> (SSL):
>>>>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
>> 0x800CCC92
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they
>> are
>>>>>> OK.
>>>>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same 
user
>>>>>> name
>>>>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without
>> any
>>>>>>>> problems.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>.
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>.
>>> 
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 1:18:18 AM
Front-end servers do not have the ability to service mailboxes, all your 
mailboxes should be on the back-end

-- 
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:17b0401c449d1$d1561a50$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Would that prevent me from accessing a mailbox that is
> located on the Front End server itself?
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>You need it enabled on the back-end servers as well.
>>
>>-- 
>>Mark Fugatt
>>Exchange MVP
>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>http://www.msexchange.org
>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:180e901c449ce$ea14aa50$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>>> Exchange 2003, yes I have enabled POP3 service on the
>>> front end server. Remember, I mentioned I can telnet to
>>> the server via port 110. I have not enabled pop3 on any
> of
>>> my backend servers and from what I understand and read I
>>> don't have to.
>>>
>>> I WAS using an SSL certficate but I uninstalled it from
>>> the IIS server to prevent another variable from causing
> my
>>> problems. My authentication on the pop3 is set to clear
>>> text (for testing of course).
>>>
>>> I keep getting prompted no matter what I do.
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>What version of Exchange?, if its Exchange 2003 have you
>>> enabled the POP3
>>>>Service?
>>>>
>>>>-- 
>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:17fb701c449cd$526fabb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>I am testing this ALL from the inside. This of this
>>> entire
>>>>> setup as all on the same switch.
>>>>>
>>>>> For testing, my client is on the SAME subnet as my FE
>>>>> server and my BE servers. Remember, this is testing
>>> only.
>>>>> I have not moved the FE server to the DMZ yet. I don't
>>>>> plan on doing that until I can connect to my mailboxes
>>> via
>>>>> pop3 from the FE server internally.
>>>>>
>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>Do have a PIX Firewall?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>-- 
>>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>>"IhatePOP3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote
>>>>> in message
>>>>>>news:17d6f01c449c5$669767c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>I am having the EXACT same problem as Bill. It is
> very
>>>>>>> frustrating...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have checked and my logon name and alias are the
>>>>> same! I
>>>>>>> have also turned off SSL, still I have not luck!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I can telnet to port 110 just fine, I just can't
>>> login.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have tried setting my outlook express client to
> use
>>>>> the
>>>>>>> domain\username, smtp email address, and just the
>>> login
>>>>>>> name.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I can access the mailbox via OWA just fine. This is
>>>>> really
>>>>>>> annoying and silly. I have done my part, is my
> server
>>>>>>> messed up???
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> FYI, its a front end server. I should be able to
>>> access
>>>>>>> any mailbox in the organization. Right now it is on
>>> the
>>>>>>> same internal network as all my other exchange
> servers
>>>>> so
>>>>>>> I KNOW its not a networking problem. All servers
>>>>>>> communicate just fine, I can also telnet to port
> 110.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>>>Make sure the users Logon name is the same as their
>>>>>>> mailbox alias, it its
>>>>>>>>not then you will need to provide their logon
>>>>> credentials
>>>>>>> in the following
>>>>>>>>format:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>domainname\logonname\alias
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>-- 
>>>>>>>>Mark Fugatt
>>>>>>>>Exchange MVP
>>>>>>>>http://www.exchangetrainer.com
>>>>>>>>http://www.msexchange.org
>>>>>>>>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in
>>>>>>> message
>>>>>>>>news:1810a01c449b7$4c23e480$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>>> Trying to set up a POP3 account on a laptop, but
>>> keeps
>>>>>>>>> requesting a user name and password and get the
>>>>>>> following
>>>>>>>>> error.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> There was a problem logging onto your mail server.
>>>>> Your
>>>>>>>>> Password was rejected. Account: xxxx.yyyyyy.com',
>>>>>>>>> Server: 'xxxx.yyyyyy.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
>>>>>>>>> Response: '-ERR Access denied', Port: 110, Secure
>>>>> (SSL):
>>>>>>>>> No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
>>> 0x800CCC92
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Have verified the user name and password and they
>>> are
>>>>>>> OK.
>>>>>>>>> I'm able to log into the network using the same
> user
>>>>>>> name
>>>>>>>>> and password that have been set up to get email.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Using the same user name and password to set up an
>>>>>>>>> Exchange mailbox. I had no problems.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Only when I try to set up a POP3 mailbox for this
>>>>>>>>> account.  Other accounts have been created without
>>> any
>>>>>>>>> problems.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>.
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>.
>>>>
>>
>>
>>.
>> 


0
Mark
6/4/2004 1:30:45 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

WinInet Creating a Problem
Hi Before this i have send a request about WINHHTP help.But coulnt find any answer till now except one in which may be the Replier coulnt understand the problem ,sorry for that. Now i m using WinInet classes CInternetSession,CHttpConnection,CHttpFile like this. I want to send a request to a website (for example www.mysite.com) and want to extract the html of default page or home page. On this page their is a form in which user can place his Email and password and then S/He can be login. i m using the OpenURL() function of class CInternetSession to get the HTML of the page which i m requestin...

Create Drop-down Calender
Hello, When a user clicks on a cell, I want a calender to appear. Then the user should be able to select a date. When the date is seleted the cell should be updated with that date. How do i go about it. Thanks for the help. Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "ssb" <mail_ssb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:de8e098d.0408200802.178dc548@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > When a user clicks on a cell, I want a calender to appear. Then the > user should be able to select a date. When the date is selet...

Attempting to pull out data to create Timesheet report
I am able to pull out the reported time from the timesheets but ran into a few problems. (I'm working off the EPM timesheet and also pulling in custom data) 1. I see a DayofWeek and DayofMonth field, but I cannot locate a MonthofYear. 2. I want to also add the entries for the Administrative time, but I cannot locate where those values are stored. What's stranger is that those values are also not populating when I do a regular Data Analysis view with the timesheet data, totals, and timesheet classification. I know that there is data there. Is there a bug? Thanks ...

Right click to create new file with Excel 97
We use Excel 97 at our office on Windows XP Professional. A couple of users want to be able to create new files by using new from the right click menu and selecting Microsoft Excel Worksheet. The creation of the file works fine in that the filename is filename.xls. When they open the file and add information and then try to save the file, Excel wants to save as tab delimited. Creating a file by opening Excel first works just fine. We have tried this on several computers and the results are the same. For convenience is there some way to change this behavior? ...

POP3 connector
I have an exchange server (SBS2003) that collects mail from 3 pop3 accounts, but instead of routing to the correct user it sends all mail to the administrator account. In the process of downloading SP1 at present to see if this cures the problem. I have double checked the email addresses in active directory and all seems fine. Any help would be appreciated. In news:62387C17-5DA5-4DCB-A2FC-C6087C5DEE16@microsoft.com, Matthew Sharlot <MatthewSharlot@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have an exchange server (SBS2003) that collects mail from 3 pop3 > accounts, but instead of...

Creating month sequences
I was wondering... Is there an easy way to create a range of cells that a) show just the month and year and b) can calculate the next month and year for each cell in the range? Example: jan-06 feb-06 ... nov-10 dec-10 Enter the first 2 dates (I use the m/d/y format): A1 = 1/1/2006 B1 = 2/1/2006 Select both A1 and B1 and format the way you want: Format>Cells>Custom mmm-yy OK With both cells still selected "grab" the fill handle and drag across as needed. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Henry Stock" <henry@henry-stock.com> wrote in mes...

Strange problem downloading messages from Comcast POP3 server to Outlook 2003
For several weeks, I have had strange problem with using Outlook 2003 on laptop running XP Home edition and IE 6.0. ISP is Comcast and messages appear in their webmail. When I do Send/Receive in Outlook, not all of the messages download. Later in the day, I can do a Send/ Receive and a message that was listed in webmail in the morning but didn't come down will now show up in the Outlook Inbox. Even more strange. With my wireless router and the physical set up of the house, the highspeed connection isn't very fast and I can watch the messages populate the inbox list, one at a time. Sev...

Publisher
I created an original "certificate" in Publisher. I want to shrink the certificate so that I can make it into a post card. I want to be able to fit four on a page when I print it out. I do not want it to effect the integrity of the doucument. How can I accomplish this? I gotta ask this - Why didn't you make it small to start with? One way to solve your dilemma: Set all of your text to "Shrink to fit". Select all, group it, grab a handle and drag it in. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "shrinkwrap" <shrinkwrap@discussions.microsoft.com...

How do I create a clear filters button in a form?
Just looking for a way to have a quick way to clear any filters created on a form. If its a visual basic command please be specific on how I do it please. :-) thanks in advance for any help! Regards, Richard Anderson Xtremist9 wrote: >Just looking for a way to have a quick way to clear any filters created on a >form. If its a visual basic command please be specific on how I do it >please. You can turn off the current filter by using: Me.FilterOn = False You can clear it with: Me.Filter = "" If that's not what you want, please explain ...

Help in creating website
I am creating a website for my riding club. I have basically "no" computer knowledge but so far it is coming along OK. I keep different files in Microsoft Word and Excel that I would like visitors to the website to be able to just click a word on the website and have it take them to that file. I am able to do this on other people's websites and want to be able to do this on mine. Remember I don't know anything about HTPL or any of that other stuff so when you answer consider yourself talking to someone as old as your grandmother. I know probably less than her. Th...

when I open outlook, the messages from POP3 account are all delete
I am very frustrated, and this makes me not use outlook. What to do to have my other email mailbox unchanged? Thanks! Are you saying that you have two computers but you want only one computer to download all messages from the server while the other computer should download the messages but keep them on the server for other computer to access them? If so, then you need to put a check mark around: "Leave a copy of messages on the server". To get there, try this on the machine THAT SHOULD NOT DELETE ANY MESSAGES: 1) Open your outlook (if it is not open) 2) On the Me...

Search All worksheets for string & Create new Whorsheet with the Original Sheet Name and some cells.d some
I am running Excel 97 SR-1. Here is what I want to do: I have a workbook that has many worksheets- all the sheets are in the same format. I would like to be able to search through the entire workbook and copy all rows that contain my "FIND DATA" to a new worksheet. The find data is really a name. Here are the specifics - The new worksheet would have the original(found) worksheet name in cell A, and all the data from the original cells ,in cells B through J, put in cells b through J. I am working on a macro to do this, but I am not having too much luck. I have searched this group...

How to create this grouping in ssrs?
I have a dataset with the following columns: This is a one to many relationship between the health authority to city and one to many relationship between the city and hospital column_group: health authority, city and hospital (three possible groupings for each of the row in the dataset) column_health_authority_name: it displays the name of the health authority to the row with the group "health authority" and it displays null to the "city" and "hospital" group column_city_name: it displays the city name to the row with the group "city" a...

Good books/resources on creating Reports
I'm comfortable with Access - even reasonably good at it... except for one major problem... Can't do reports to save my life!!! Does anybody know any good resources for learning reports - beyond the "run the wizard" answer. The wizards are a great starting point, but I'm trying to get beyond that... Thanks! Pieter -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200912/1 Pieter, is there a particular sticking point? Is it the source query (getting all the field for the report)? Or grouping/sorting? Or ...

'Subject' field is NOT displayed when I create new message
I am using OUTLOOK to check my home mail while in the office, hence it is not set as the "default" email handler since my office mail is gets that setting on another mail handler. However, when I try post or reply to home mail with OUTLOOK, and I can, I just have no way of entering or editing the message "subject". Any suggestions? William While in the new message window, click View | Message Header and see if the Subject field reappears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to t...

Creating Custom Dialog Boxex (Popup)
Hello, I am trying to create a custom dialog box that will allow me to have the user clarify an entry when a checkbox is checked. I want them to be able to select something from a list that I have created. I have created the popup in Excel but cannot find out how to call the popup into the display when the checkbox is checked. Can anyone help me please? Is this a checkbox on the worksheet? If yes, then if it's a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, assign this macro to the checkbox: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Appli...

Creating dashed lines around a table
Hello I would like to put dashed lines around a table (horizontal dashes on the horizontal lines, vertical dashes on the vertical lines). I read the great thread about the coupon border art (exactly the look that I am after!) with the auto shapes, but unfortunately I can't use the border art on the table. Can you suggest how to do what I am after in the table format? I cant seem to get it to work! I would rather not do multiple auto shapes with the coupon border because I don't want multiple scissors, and I am pretty hopeless at getting things to line up!!! Thanks!!! Bosley Bos...

Create top level folder in Outlook 2002?
I'm trying to configure Outlook 2002 to service all the email accounts that I use and I'm having a problem. Two of my accounts are HTTP protocol, and they appear in my Folder List as top level folders. Another of my accounts is POP3, and it appears under my Personal Folders. I'd like to create a top level folder for it. Can anyone offer some words of wisdom? pop is delivered to your default message store - http and imp accounts have separate folders because they are copies of your server-based message store. You could use rules to move the messages to a new message store, ...

Creating multi access databases
I am trying to create a database in excel. I wonder if the following features are possible to design. When data is entered into the spreadsheet via a data form can it be programmed to automatically search the existing database and then update it with newly entered information? Can users simultaneously access and update the spreadsheets? Grateful for any assistance. -- Mike ...

Create two related list box
hi all, I don't know if I can asking questions regarding Access in this foru or not, but hopefully can get some answers. In my Access form, I want to create 2 list box where the first list bo with 3 sections (morning, afternoon, evening) and the second list box i for the time(7-8am, 8-9am, 9-10am, 10-11am, 11-12pm, 12-1pm,.......). So, when the user choose "morning" under the sections list box, the the choices he has to choose from are 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11am. Afte the time is chose, some information related are displayed out. How thi can be done :confused: ? I hope someone...

Creating report with date counts
I need to create a weekly or monthly report (may need new query) that does the following: A date is entered for each light in the Greenhouse that is out. A second column is where the repair date is entered. If the repair date is blank, the work is outstanding. The report would need to count the number of blank repair dates for a given period (either week or month), and divide that by the total number of lights in the greenhouse. This would give me a weekly/monthly "lights out percentage." Any ideas would be terrific, just remember I am a novice user - so simpler ...

Creating a file of Directories
I have a set of disks that I was hoping to have on one large file. I was wondering if there was a way to create an Excel file from the directory. I would prefer not to type it out manually if I can avoid it. A bit of code goes through all folders ands files from a given folder and lists them on a worksheet as hyperlinks, you should be able to adapt to what you want, both for the former and the latter requirement. There is no control that I know of that does it. Dim FSO As Object Dim cnt As Long Dim arfiles Dim level As Long Sub Folders() Dim i As Long Dim sFolder As String Set F...

Using CInternetSession to create HTTP POST
I like my code to POST data to a web server as if submitted by an HTML form. That means I have to assign values to parameters, etc. I'm using CInternetSession and CHttpConnection to OpenRequest() to set up the connection and CHttpFile::SendRequest() and CHttpFile::Read(). How to I set up the POST parameters before I send send the request. Thanks in advance! ...

Creating custom Callback ...
Hi, How can I create custom callback functions and make them be called in the target application? Thanks, Hugo If I understand what you are getting at you will need to look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwui/html/ msdn_hooks32.asp Lots of sample code around if you search on hooks32 on google Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only ...