creating a 2nd email account

We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server.  I've been
tasked to create an email account for our training department.  They want the
email account to be computer.training @(our company name).  Do I need to
create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box for
this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our
trainers as a secondary email account?  If so, how do I do this?

Jim

you will need to create an AD account...then you can grant permissions to
the mailbox, and if you like, disable the AD account...
"Jim in Cleveland" <JiminCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B006A33A-DF0A-4236-B0AF-E70E953C0D70@microsoft.com...
> We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server.  I've
been
> tasked to create an email account for our training department.  They want
the
> email account to be computer.training @(our company name).  Do I need to
> create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box
for
> this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our
> trainers as a secondary email account?  If so, how do I do this?
>
> Jim

0
susan7353 (1225)
1/3/2005 4:49:58 PM
To assign the email account to other user (will work if the user is already
exist in AD database and the email is of the same domain):

1. goto Active Directory Users and Computer
2. goto the user properties that you want to assign it to and select the
E-Mail Addresses tab
3. Click on New then select SMTP Address then click OK; type in the email
address you want then select apply and OK it.
4. Done!

"Jim in Cleveland" wrote:

> We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server.  I've been
> tasked to create an email account for our training department.  They want the
> email account to be computer.training @(our company name).  Do I need to
> create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box for
> this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our
> trainers as a secondary email account?  If so, how do I do this?
>
> Jim
0
van (12)

create a roster

Synchronise email from computer to laptop
Hi Can anyone advise me how to set up my laptop to receive the emails that I receive on my main computer. The laptop is linked up wireless to my main computer. I also have a phone and the emails download to the phone but not to the laptop. Many thanks Saxon Using POP3? Enable the option to leave a copy on the server in your account settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.in...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Help with sending emails
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be appreciated. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was '...

550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us
We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working fine for years. We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1. Unable to relay" when they send email to it. The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records are correct. All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this one....please help! Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address. Make sure that the box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail deliver...

Where is it storing email addresses I reply to, not in contacts
Help I do not have a global contacts option that comes up. All that is available is my outlook and the contacts. outlook is empty and contact list is as it should be. When I type in s, it gives me all these addresses for people that I replied to their mail. I don't know how to find a setting to keep it from adding the email addresses and I don't know how to find where its storing them in order to delete them. Thanks They are stored in your autocompletin cache, a file with an NK2 extension. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry wh...

Move attachments from certain Exchange 2k email address to a network folder
Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan Williams Not to worry, i found an alternative method to do what we needed. dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com (Dan Williams) wrote in message news:<2eac5d02.0405200811.5252b7c2@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know if its possible to poll a particular email address > and move or copy any TIF attachments to a network folder? > > We have SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000. ...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How do I get the 2nd Mode in a range of cells
I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent number in a range of cells. Using the Mode function I can receive the most frequent but how do I get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,etc. from the same range. Thanks. Hi assuming your list of numbers is in A1:A10 try the following formulas: B1: = MODE($A$1:$A$10) B2: (array entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) = MODE(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$10)=0,$A$1:$A$10+{0,0})) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent > number in a range of...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Outlook 2003: Reply to messages using the account to which they were sent?
I have a series of email accounts set up in my Outlook 2003. All mail is delivered to my default Inbox. I'm looking for a foolproof means of ensuring that when I reply to an email... that it is sent from the account to which it was sent. I don't want to have to think to change the sending account manually... So: If an email is sent to bob@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be bob@bob.com If the email was sent to accounts@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be accounts@bob.com Any idea as to how I do this? Thanks Bob All version of Outlook...

emailing invoices #3
My customer has a requirement to email invoices. It would be great if a whole batch could be emailed at the same time in a pdf format. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...