creating a 2nd email account

We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server.  I've been
tasked to create an email account for our training department.  They want the
email account to be computer.training @(our company name).  Do I need to
create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box for
this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our
trainers as a secondary email account?  If so, how do I do this?

Jim

you will need to create an AD account...then you can grant permissions to
the mailbox, and if you like, disable the AD account...
"Jim in Cleveland" <JiminCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B006A33A-DF0A-4236-B0AF-E70E953C0D70@microsoft.com...
> We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server.  I've
been
> tasked to create an email account for our training department.  They want
the
> email account to be computer.training @(our company name).  Do I need to
> create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box
for
> this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our
> trainers as a secondary email account?  If so, how do I do this?
>
> Jim

0
susan7353 (1225)
1/3/2005 4:49:58 PM
To assign the email account to other user (will work if the user is already
exist in AD database and the email is of the same domain):

1. goto Active Directory Users and Computer
2. goto the user properties that you want to assign it to and select the
E-Mail Addresses tab
3. Click on New then select SMTP Address then click OK; type in the email
address you want then select apply and OK it.
4. Done!

"Jim in Cleveland" wrote:

> We are currently running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server.  I've been
> tasked to create an email account for our training department.  They want the
> email account to be computer.training @(our company name).  Do I need to
> create a computer.training account in AD in order to create an email box for
> this account or can I just assign this new email account to one of our
> trainers as a secondary email account?  If so, how do I do this?
>
> Jim
0
van (12)

how can I enlarge OE 6 send email box?
when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. "pajel5" wrote: > when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE > 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? It used to open to normal size. Why did it change? There has to be a way to get it back like it was. "Mary" wrote: > Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. > > "pajel5" wrote: > >...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Downloads go to closed account
Because of security reasons I had to close my checking account and open another. I created a new account in Money for the new checking account. When I download checking transactions they go to the closed account. How can I configure money that the downloads now go to the new account? In microsoft.public.money, cadshop wrote: >Because of security reasons I had to close my checking account and open >another. I created a new account in Money for the new checking account. When >I download checking transactions they go to the closed account. How can I >configure money that th...

Creating family trees
How best can I use Visio for creating ancestral family trees? Or is there a better Microsoft Word compatible program other than Visio? ...

Missing Calendars and Tasks when Opening an xp created .pst in 7Pr
Hi! I just got a completely new computer with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I installed Outlook 2007 and rather than start completely over or export my files from my previous .pst that was being used with XP Pro Svc Pk 2 I just mapped my "new" outlook to my old .pst. Trouble is I'm missing a few Calendars and Task Lists. Do I need to/can I export these items individually on a computer that runs XP and then import them to my new setup? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! -Rachel Copy the pst to the new computer and open it using File, open, outlook d...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

unable to set up email
here is the message I get The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'antysandy@gmail.com'. Subject 'erasdf', Account: 'pop.gmail.com ', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Links not opening on IE and Firefox, only on my user account, for some websites
I�ve recently been having trouble opening certain links, both on Internet Explorer and Firefox. Everything was working fine 2 days ago, when I ran �Disk Cleanup�. However, I don�t think that�s the problem because I ran �Disk Cleanup� once, only for my user account files, and the second time, for all the files on the computer. And this trouble is only occurring my user account. What happens is that I�ll go on, Youtube for instance and clicking on ANY link, whether it�s left-clicking on it, right-clicking on it or clicking the scroller to open the link in a new tab, it doesn�t ha...

smtp connectors repeatedly sending same emails.
Running SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 Cutomers have complained that they are receiving the same email over and over again. Looked at the connectors in Exchange manager and found there to be three additional SMTP connectors with the domain names of the people receiving the emails, and every 15 minutes when the POP3 connector retrieves emails, these SMTP queues are sending out the emails again. I have frozen the queues for the time being but when the server gets rebooted they will get unfrozen and send out all the emails that have built up since. Please can some tell me how to delete these fr...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

Queues not picking up email.
What I am working with right now is a Support and Sales queue that is tied to email accounts inside CRM. When email is sent to the appropriate email account CRM should be picking up these email messages and populating them into their respective queues, but its not. I am at a loss of where to go from this point forward to troubleshoot the breakdown in communication. When i send emails to the queue email address accounts I am not getting any Delivery Failures and the mailbox sizes are growing when i check them in the System Manager for Exchange. My end result here is to be able to use 360'...

Send email from group mailbox
I have a group mailbox set up in my Outlook profile (it's set up as an additional mailbox in my profile). Therefore I have my personal email, and this group mailbox appears as a folder in my folder list. Let's call the group mailbox, "XX Group". If I "Reply" to a message received from the group mailbox, a "From" field appears and "XX Group" is listed in that field. If I send the message, the message will appear to be from "XX Group" instead of from me. However, if I simply open a new mail message, I don't get that "From&qu...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

Multiple AP Accounts during Select Checks
My client is having problems when using multiple AP accounts. Take this scenario: The AP invoice was entered and the AP account went to 2000-01. When the invoice is paid the distributions are not for the invoice I had selected. It automatically created a distribution for the 2000-01 and 2000-02 AP accounts. It somehow takes the open invoices for that vendor (which some invoices had the 01 and 02 breakdown on the AP invoice) and creates a different distribution. In order to fix this the user had to go to the Edit Check screen and then click on the Distribution button and t...

Certain email not received
Hello to all of you, One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me. I'lm using Outlook 2003. My customer is also using Outlook 2003. Since a few weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003. However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express. The puzzling thing is that all was working fine until the end of may. I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they are the same. I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem. I must admit to not understanding this problem! Any...

stop automatically making email address
I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine email addresses into hyperlinks?? In Excel 2002: Tools> AutoCorrect Options > Autoformat As You Type. Then uncheck Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks. Hope this helps Rowan "lily" wrote: > I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine > email addresses into hyperlinks?? ...

Investment account's, Cash Transactions Q's
Hello, My question is related to the MS Money investment account's, " CASH TRANSACTIONS" (vs the Investment Transactions). Since my brokerage firm has the actual cash contained in a moneymarket, there really never is any cash in the account. Went I go to balance the account, the following transactions seem to be throwing the "cash transactions" out of balance: deposits, dividends received from the money market that holds the cash, purchase of stock or mutual funds, and sale of stock/mutual funds. Money sees each of these transactions as a cash based events however, when...

how to scan an image into new email message.
anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? -- 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com The scanning software may have a "scan to email" function. James <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote: > anyone know how to scan an image directly into a new outlook email as > an attachment, with out saving the image to a disk manualy? Nothing can be on your computer without being on your disk, just like you cannot have a thought without it residing in your brain. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wr...

POP3 Email Accounts
I have added 5 POP email commections using the Exchange 2003 POP3 email manager tool and connected the delivery to 5 existing exchange email accounts. Each account can send out mail to the SMTP service but incomming mail is not placed in the associated exchange inbox for the accounts. Checking the application event log there are no errors just a confirmation of 5 email addresses created. Messages are removed from the POP ISP accounts associated with the requests and just disappear into the great Exchange black hole. Any Ideas S :) "Jasmor" <anonymous@discussions.m...

how do i access yahoo and aol accounts from outlooks
I am trying to set up my email address from aol and yahoo to outlooks so that i can view my mail and send mail. I went to t he toolbar to email accts. and followed the directions and it says it complete. But I can't see any mail from either yahoo or aol. Please help. ewing305 said the following on 11/17/2004 11:19 AM: > I am trying to set up my email address from aol and yahoo to outlooks so that > i can view my mail and send mail. I went to t he toolbar to email accts. and > followed the directions and it says it complete. But I can't see any mail > from either y...

Create folder in other user's mailbox
Using Outlook from the XP suite, Exchange 2000. From one user's outlook I gave a second user Publishing Editor rights to the first user's mailbox. These rights include "create sub folders". When going to file - open - other user's mailbox (on the user computer that was granted Publishing Editor rights) and select second user's name and "inbox" as the folder to open. When creating a folder in this setting it is created in the first user's mailbox. How can the first user create a folder in the second user's mailbox? TIA DDS The mailbox owner need...

A receipt highlighting if an email has been deleted unread
Hi! The above says it all really, as a recruiter pitching to new businesses everyday it would be invaluable to note if an email had been deleted unread by way of a receipt. This way the client could send out a subtle message to the recruiter and this would enable us to work on other ways to win over the client rather than assuming the email had been read and diregarded for other reasons. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...