counting email messages being sent out

I am new to exchange 2003 administration. Is there a tool within MS Exchange
2003 that can bring up a count of how many emails were sent out for a
particular time frame? Or is there a utility to download that can be used?
0
Rob3660 (422)

Performance Monitor has lots of exchange counters. Try there.
Vince
--
Vince

"Rob" wrote:

> I am new to exchange 2003 administration. Is there a tool within MS Exchange
> 2003 that can bring up a count of how many emails were sent out for a
> particular time frame? Or is there a utility to download that can be used?
0
Vince (257)
3/31/2007 11:34:04 PM
Vince,

Thanks for the heads up. I looked thru some of the items in the Perf Mon
Admin window, but could you give me an idea on which one would be the best to
use to count the amount of emails being sent out? I truly do appreciate the
help.

Rob

"Vince" wrote:

> Performance Monitor has lots of exchange counters. Try there.
> Vince
> --
> Vince
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > I am new to exchange 2003 administration. Is there a tool within MS Exchange
> > 2003 that can bring up a count of how many emails were sent out for a
> > particular time frame? Or is there a utility to download that can be used?
0
Rob3660 (422)
4/1/2007 1:18:01 AM
Message tracking can also help.  It's in Exchange System Manager (ESM)

"Rob" wrote:

> Vince,
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I looked thru some of the items in the Perf Mon
> Admin window, but could you give me an idea on which one would be the best to
> use to count the amount of emails being sent out? I truly do appreciate the
> help.
>
> Rob
>
> "Vince" wrote:
>
> > Performance Monitor has lots of exchange counters. Try there.
> > Vince
> > --
> > Vince
> >

> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> > > I am new to exchange 2003 administration. Is there a tool within MS Exchange
> > > 2003 that can bring up a count of how many emails were sent out for a
> > > particular time frame? Or is there a utility to download that can be used?
0
WILDPACKET (529)
4/2/2007 1:28:04 PM
Is ESM part of Exchange 2003 or do I download it from Microsoft. I searched
Microsoft downloads and don't find the ESM. Also if you could give some
incite on using Message Tracking Center to count all the emails that went out
for last month as an example. Thanks again.

"WILDPACKET" wrote:

> Message tracking can also help.  It's in Exchange System Manager (ESM)
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > Vince,
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up. I looked thru some of the items in the Perf Mon
> > Admin window, but could you give me an idea on which one would be the best to
> > use to count the amount of emails being sent out? I truly do appreciate the
> > help.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "Vince" wrote:
> >
> > > Performance Monitor has lots of exchange counters. Try there.
> > > Vince
> > > --
> > > Vince

0
Rob3660 (422)
4/3/2007 5:14:01 AM
you will have to enable Msg tracking from ESM. It is I believe on the admin
group.

Right click on the admin group name (by default it is First Administrative
group) and select enable message tracking and logs and put the number of days
u want for logging.

In the ESM in the last click on Tools and the go to Message tracking center
and then search the emails that were sent for the particular time.

As of now there is no tool that can count the number of messages (Email ),
maybe any third party can help google that out and let us also know about
that.

Rgds
Saurabh

"Rob" wrote:

> Is ESM part of Exchange 2003 or do I download it from Microsoft. I searched
> Microsoft downloads and don't find the ESM. Also if you could give some
> incite on using Message Tracking Center to count all the emails that went out
> for last month as an example. Thanks again.
>
> "WILDPACKET" wrote:
>

> > Message tracking can also help.  It's in Exchange System Manager (ESM)
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> > > Vince,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the heads up. I looked thru some of the items in the Perf Mon
> > > Admin window, but could you give me an idea on which one would be the best to
> > > use to count the amount of emails being sent out? I truly do appreciate the
> > > help.
> > >
> > > Rob

0
saurabh (14)

Outlook 2002 will Not save messages into Inbox folder
I am receiving Email and I get the notice that new mail has arrived and if I want to read it. I say OK and I am able to read the Email but after closing the message the header is Not saved in the Inbox folder therefore I cannot read at a later time. Any help is appreciated Mimis <Mimis> wrote: > I am receiving Email and I get the notice that new mail has arrived > and if I want to read it. I say OK and I am able to read the Email > but after closing the message the header is Not saved in the Inbox > folder therefore I cannot read at a later time. > Any help is apprecia...

How to Email A Brochure
I just finished creating a 16 page brochure and need to email it to multiple people for approval. Is there a way to electronically send this brochure so that when the people open it, they will be able to view it as if they had a printed copy. I dont want them to be confused when they have a copy of it and are looking at page 1 and 16 on one page and 2 and 15 on the next page. I would rather they see page 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, etc. Is this possible? Thanks My first question is whether all of your reviewers have Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Ru...

Unable to send email via SMTP
I have try to look for help in internet and I try almost everything to fix this problem in my Outlook 2003. I try send email but it did not send out but instead it generate me an email from my PC with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 1/30/2004 7:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'elyaskhoo@hotmail.com' on 1/30/2004 7:03 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) The server that you just tried to send mail th...

Email from Publisher 2002 becomes very fuzzy
I need to send a publisher document from publisher containing both text and one graphic as the body of an email (using MS outlook). I have done this COUNTLESS times with absolutelly no problem as this is extremelly common in advertising real estate. Now, every time I send the email it comes out fuzzy. One discussion mentioned it being saved as a picture which i believe is what's happening but the solution given in the discussion was not helpful. What can i do to make it stop sending as a picture?? Why not compose the email within Outlook? When you send a Publisher document in ...

Outlook07-message with mp3 attachment won't send/stalls in outbox
)I can recieve mp3 attachments, multiple pictures, files, etc. but when I try to send more than 3 pictures or one mp3 (9.43 to 13.0mb size), outlook stalls and doesn't allow me to send any emails with these attachments. I can send regular files with no problem but not these. It is frustrating, does anyone know how I can fix this in Outlook so it will work? Thanks -- jani jani wrote: > )I can recieve mp3 attachments, multiple pictures, files, etc. but when I try > to send more than 3 pictures or one mp3 (9.43 to 13.0mb size), outlook stalls > and doesn't all...

why is my publisher email newsletter 12MB. can I reduce the size?
Sounds like you have some images in the newsletter. A better method of sending newsletters is convert them to a pdf file and attach to the email. The pdf file will be much smaller which will be appreciated by the folks receiving it; especially those who have dial up service. Many folks here like primopdf which can be downloaded at www.primopdf.com I prefer the better program, PDF-XChange (modestly priced) which can be downloaded at http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ (Check out the Tools add-on - motto bene!) -- Don Vancouver, USA "Soar" <Soar@discussions.mi...

Outlook Rules for excluding & including email groups
Does any 1 know how to only send an out of office message to a specific group, for example any one with email ending with @iam.edu, I tried to creat a rule to inlcude certain business groups and also need to exclude certain server list too ...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Count

Email to all addresses in auto populate
I have Outlook 2003 and I am in the process of changing my email address and would like to notify all contacts that have been saved in my auto populate. Is there a way to email them all or do I have to manually add each one? Thanks!! "Kim Dorsett" <kimdorsett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:30d16b27-47ea-4ddd-ad08-4975827eb3af@h11g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I have Outlook 2003 and I am in the process of changing my email > address and would like to notify all contacts that have been saved in > my auto populate. Is there a way to email them all or do I have t...

How to see all recipients in email header?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Greetings <br><br>When I receive an email with more than a few recipients in the To: filed (or Cc: for that matter) Entourage decides to truncate the list of addresses viewable at some point. It then puts &quot;...&quot; which when moused-over pops up with how many other recipients there are. But at no time am I able to view them! I have sifted through preferences, views, and searched this forum and the internet. Every email program I have EVER used allows this sort of option except Entou...

How do I stop a user with no admin rights from reading other email #2
How do I stop a user with no possible admin rights from reading other emails. How is this possible. ...

Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages
Hi there! We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet - but no Internet messages are received. Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it: Domain is "pleni.com.br", Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15. The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay ...

Line count

Sending reply or forwarded message in outlook 2007
Hi In my outlook 2007 some emails, if I click reply or forward and type the message, a crossed line coming in the middle of fonts. how can I solve this issue. "momoit" <momoit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11550EC9-F13E-4D00-859D-6949DC31D754@microsoft.com... > Hi > In my outlook 2007 some emails, if I click reply or forward and type the > message, a crossed line coming in the middle of fonts. how can I solve > this > issue. Hi there, It's possible you have strikeout effect enabled for your reply/forward font. Try this: 1) Open To...

Can you share message folders that are not in the Inbox
We are in the process of moving from Groupwise to Outlook 2003 and I am a little confused when its comes to sharing folders. It seems if you want to share a folder you need to share all the levels above it as well. That works ok. But what I want to do is add a folder that is not part of the Inbox. I share it but when I try to add it to the other mailbox by right clicking on the users mailbox, selecting open other folder, other users folder, available in the drop down list is "Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, Task". How can I add my folder if its not in the list as its not ...

saving message to reformat computers hard drive
Can I export messages on OE and save them so I can reformat my hard drive? I did the export function but can't seem to find where it exports them to. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the mont...

Counting sales

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Emails with Attachments
I would like to export 350 HTML email messages -- each with a TEXT email message attached to it -- using the [File] - [Import and export...] - [Export to a file] method (or any other method) such that the content of each HTML email message and that of each attached TEXT email message are exported. Is there a straightforward or suitable workaround method for doing this? Thanks! Steve Forrestor xgfr92yx@yahoo.com Note: Remove spam-spoofing x's to email me directly. "Steve Forrestor" <xgfr92yx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Z62dneANjZSl32TcRVn-uQ@comcast.com... >...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...