corrupt database

any idea on how to recover a corrupt database?
eseutil, isinteg and exmerge wont work
0
Bankie (6)

Is there a previous backed up database in good condition where transaction
logs can be replayed.

Try this article for a brief overview

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/UseE2k3RecStorGrps/3534bd97-7eda-4a81-ba4f-d8d48bd16cc0.mspx

"bankie" <bankie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> any idea on how to recover a corrupt database?
> eseutil, isinteg and exmerge wont work

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Microsoft jet database engine can not find object
Hello, I have been having trouble with a shared database ever since our server recently went down. I now have an error saying "The Microsoft Jet database could not find the object 'Databases'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." Of course I can see the database but ever time I attempt to open it I get this error. I have tried various recovery programs (Jet Comp 3.5,etc) but still no luck. Any help???? Thanks Joe Bitterman wrote: > Hello, > I have been having trouble with a shared database ever since our > serv...

Invalid Database
I am running a small network (3-5 clients) with 1 POS lane. Each of the other computers has the RMS software installed. The master database is located ont the same computer that runs the POS. Here's the problem: When I test the database conncetion through Administrator Config. on any other computer, it says "Connection to the database is made but the database appears to be blank or not a valid Store Operations database." I don't understand how the database could be invalid if the POS is able to run from it. Secondly: When I try to open Store Operations...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

Saving Excel Userform to Access Database
I have created a userform in Excel and the spreadsheet that it populates is getting to large to manage. I would like to populate an Access database from this userform instead. All text boxes, combo boxes, etc. are named the same as the columns in the database. Is there a way to save/append the Excel userform to the Access database? Thanks in advance for any help. "Katie" <Katie_Poulton@oxy.com> wrote in message > I have created a userform in Excel and the spreadsheet that it populates is > getting to large to manage. I would like to populate an Access database &...

OWA 2003 Issue (Attachment corruption) #3
Hello everyone, We have Front-End/Back-End configuration of Exchange 2003 Std. servers (SP2 and all hot fixes after it). So, if someone sends e-mail with attachment through OWA the attachment becomes corrupted (it has same size and name but could not be read by any application / system splits attachment and put 2 parts of it into message using the same name of file). It happens to all documents (Word, Excel, PDF) image files (JPG,GIF,PNG) are affected as well. We tried to send those files through usual MS Outlook 2003 and they go just perfect. We have McAfee Groupshield 6.02 for Exch...

How convert an Access 2003 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express Database?
Hello, I could not find any information on the upsizing/upgrading MS Access 2003 database files to new SQL Server 2005 Express type. I am a novice in this topic, therefore I need step by step instructions. I am using XP (SP2), Office 2003, I also installed SSMSEE. Can somebody produce instructions either from Access end or form SQL 2005 Express end, on how to do the conversion please? Thank you ...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

Fonts being corrupted
Situation: Restart computer and open Word, Excel, Power Point - no problems. Quit MS Stuff - all office 2004 Open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Go back and open Word, Excel, Power Point - at the optimizing font part of the startup, it pops up a dialog box something about corrupted fonts. Several fonts are said to be corrupted. Restart and all works fine. Run updates from MS website - 11.1.0 Dumped prefs in ~/library/prefs/microsoft Restarting fixes the font problems and it works fine until we opening Adobe stuff. Brian ...

repaired a corrupt mailbox store, what to do about corrupt emails
Good morning, One of our mailbox stores got corrupt last night. I went through the process of the repair, offline defrag, etc. and I have the store up and running. As result of the corruption, some of the users are experiencing mail items they can't delete/open, or the mailbox is reporting x number of unread msgs that aren't there. Most of these seem to correspond to the time the store went down. Now I have prepared the users to the idea that these messages may not be recoverable, but I don't know the best way to go about cleaning up the few users that have corrupt emai...

Tiger and font corruption.
After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed the Tiger upgrade, and re-installed Office. Result is the same problem all over again. Does anyone have a solution? Cordially, Steven Thomas CKLS Automation Services <sthomas@ckls.org> wrote: > After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt > fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before > the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed th...

Corrupted Preview Pane
Hi guys, I have MS Outlook XP w SP3, i set the view of my inbox,sent & deleted items folders so i can preview my emails using Preview Pane. The bar which seperates the email and the preview should contain the fields (To, Subject & From..). This is going fine for the inbox & sent folder while am having a corrupted bar for the deleted folder where am not able to see the frequently fields of the separation bar. Any suggestions to restore this view correctly???? -- Thx mates Walid Natour ...

Database changes
We are using CRM 3.0. Our development team had added custom reports into the MSCRM database which I now understand may have made our deployment unsupported. Can any changes be made to the MSCRM database without making it unsupported? Our DBA has suggested using SQL 2005 schemas, will this help? Thanks Lee Altering the database schema would make the environment unsupported. However you mention Custom Reports into the database. You mean your developer has created custom reports by using the MSCRM filtered views from CRM. Custom reports created using SQL Server Reporting Services do...

Corrupt Outlook??
I'm having a major problem with my Outlook 2002 and can't find any reference to a similar problem. I normally have 5 different folders listed in the Folder List, each referencing a seperate pst file. Currently, there are 2 "extra" folders showing up that I did not add, nor are they listed in the Data File Management screen. One has the duplicate name of one of my existing folders (Projects), so two are now listed, and the other only has a folder icon, no name, just blank. With the duplicated Projects folder I get the following errors: - Left click: "Unable t...

external database to view in EXCEL format
Hi, I'm trying to build an application that would ask for the username and password. AFter it is validated a user would then choose which table he'd like to view or edit. After choosig which table it is, the rows and colums of that table will be viewed in an Excel format. From there, the user can edit the record and that record will be save to the database. Does anyone know if there's an opensource excel plugin or application that would do this? I don't want to use a browser, what I'm planning to do is an standalone application. Thanks, ...

eConnect How to Specify the Company Database with eConnect Incoming Service
The article from the knowledge base "How to Specify the Company Database with eConnect Incoming Service" states that this can be accomplised by add the following node to the XML document. <eConnectProcessInfo> <ConnectionString>data source=SERVERNAMER;initial catalog=SQLDATABASE;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=False</ConnectionString> </eConnectProcessInfo</eConnectProcessInfo> The question is how do you get the eConnectProcessInfo into the XML document programmatically like the example I use below. Thanks grs // eConnectType cla...

Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups
After a system crash and a reinstall I can not open any MNY or backup files. I have run Salvage.exe and was told irrepairable. I can not open the file to do and "import/export" I have ensured they are not read only. I read the public forums but most fixes assume you can open the file or the backup to repair it. Is there anyway other ways to repair my data? Not sounding good here. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. But it sounds like you have exhausted most of your options. But I am kinda mystified why a "system crash" would mung a Money file. Are you sure you h...

.XLB file corrupted often
The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or so. Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for a while. Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is possibly corrupting it. Thanks for any suggestions Hi Andrew, One possibility is some rogue VBA code which is customising menus/toolbars and not undoing its work properly. If this is the case then yoour XLB file can get larger and larger until it falls over. If you are running any VBA code or using addins check that they have a workbook_close routine that removes any changes to menus/toolbars they have made. hth Charles...

Corrupted pointers
Hi, I am writing a dialog class which draws a customized dialog box. During construction, it allocates a "skin" object, which is then used in various message handlers to draw the frame, title bar and background. The allocation goes fine, but when the OnNcCalSize method is called, the skin pointer points to a different address, and is full of garbage! I tried calling _heapchk() in several places, but the heap is OK. What else could cause this? The app is multithreaded, though the dialog lives and works in the same thread. Thanks, -Aleko alpe, Almost anything could corrupt point...

Error 80040E14 : setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoift CRM databases. Unknown error
Hi all! I'm installing CRM and now having this issue : setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoift CRM databases. Unknown error What are the causes? What should I do? Thanks in advance for any advice! Mathieu. ...

How to Recover Deleted or Corrupted Excel Files?
Excel files could possibly get corrupt at any moment. Just images that you are seriously working on a critical MS Excel document and your computer turn off by itself unexpectedly. And when you reboot it, you cannot open this important excel document again or even the Microsoft Excel program fails to open. How can I get back excel file or recover excel program? There are occasions when MS excel request instantly recovers the unexpected closed document using the support of vehicle recover choice as well as your file is saved before it got corrupted. But what occurs while you cannot open your ex...

Moving CRM Database
Hi All, How can I move the Microsoft CRM SQL Server databases to a different machine (same domain, of course)? Hi, I would uninstall CRM, move the databases (using backup/restore), reinstall CRM connecting to existing database and reapply all patches that you applied. You could also stop all CRM services, move the databases and change the ConnectionString settings in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM and start the services again (I never test this though and I cannot guarantee that it will actually work...) -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support NG FAQ : http://www.mic...

Suspected Windows Mail Corruption
I was using windows mail very successfully for the last 4 months and had no problems. Then a week ago I generated a group of 35 different mails under a name and tried to send a normal e-mail to these 35 different people. Windows mail would not let me. it came up with an error. I checked with my internet and e-mail provider (Comcast) and confirmed all server settings in windows mail were correct. I then tested it by sending a test e-mail to myself via Comcast's "Smart Zone" communications and that worked fine. So I then tried to send a normal e-mail via windows m...

Changing database collation for existing databases
Hi, We are upgrading from SQL2000 to SQL2008R2. We are taking the opportunity to update the collation on our databases. Sorry to bring this up again but there are a lot of partial answers online and a lot of conflicting information. Our situation is that we have a database with NO COLLATE clauses, i.e. all columns use the database default (temp tables excepted). The only Microsoft knowledge base article on this seems to be from 7.0 and 2000. I wonder if the same comments still apply. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325335 So which is the best method (i.e. the simplest/fastest...

Business Portal for All Databases Combined
Hello: A GP 9.0/BP 3.0 client that has three companies with Inventory, and they are wondering if it is possible to have all three companies combined into one "database" for viewing all at once in Business Portal. Without some sort database combining on the back-end, my thinking is that this is not possible in Business Portal--is it? childofthe1980s If they use Analysis Cubes and add web parts that use the cubes, then they could view multiple companies' data. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > A GP 9.0/BP 3.0 client that ...

PST Corruption
We've heard a lot about "1GB" being a limit for reliable operation of psts, and we really need to know a) if this is true and b) what exactly is blowing up, and why? Anyone have some insight into what actually gets corrupted when a pst file goes bad, and what the trigger for the corruption is (beside exceeding 2GB on pre-2003 versions of Outlook)? Does 2003 eliminate (or significantly reduce) this issue? Dan mrspeakers <mrspeakers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We've heard a lot about "1GB" being a limit for reliable operation of > psts, ...