Corporate Contact Lists - Exchange 2003

Hi,

Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact
lists and making them visible to groups of users.

In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the
server end rather than having to instruct the users in how to go an open
them.

TIA Steve

"runningdog" <runningdog@reply.to.newsgroup> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can someone give me some pointers or a how-to on setting up shared contact
>lists and making them visible to groups of users.
>
>In particular it would be good if I could assign them to the users at the
>server end rather than having to instruct the users in how to go an open
>them.
>
>TIA Steve

Whilst you can create a load of Active Directory Contacts with
external email address and details you might find that it's
administratively simpler to create a Public Folder of type Contacts
and add the information there. You can then assign permissions on that
public folder (or folders) and have people other than yourself keep
them up to date.
Once the folder is created you can use Outlook to show the folder as
an address list and add it to the clients Outlook Address Book. That
will ensure that the folder is checked for an address when a user
enters a name in the To field of an email.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5667)

Missing Contacts in Word 2002 compared to contacts in Outlook 2002
When I try to print an envelope in Word using the Outlook contacts, those contacts without a fax number or email address don't show up. I need all of them to show up. The address book in Word will show all of your Contacts. How are you invoking the address book? How did you configure it? -- Russ Valentine "Paul Johnson" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:uKiYg26pKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I try to print an envelope in Word using the Outlook contacts, those > contacts without a fax number or email address don't show up. I need all ...

Aggregate Outlook Contacts
Hello! I need to aggregate contacts for 20 users on one machine. Without sharing all the folders (which would be a nightmare) is there a product out there for the exchange server side (or even the user side) that could, without much intervention, dump chosen contacts into a folder? We have custom forms and we want to export all mailing information from these 20 users for select contacts (with certain checkboxes checked on the custom forms) to a third party mailing program. Simple enough. We wrote a VBA routine for people to run to dump their contacts into an access database, but it takes ...

EX'port Contacts from 2003 to 2002
Hi there, with some very good help from people on this forum, I could successfully export my Outlook 2003 messages and Import them in Outlook 2002. How do I do the same thing with my contacts? Your help will be very welcome. -- Regards, Deon H "Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message news:Xns98E2ACE43D914REMOVEdeonREMOVEsinc@196.43.2.61... > Hi there, > > with some very good help from people on this forum, I could successfully > export my Outlook 2003 messages and Import them in Outlook 2002. > > How do I do the same thing with my contac...

Populate Outlook Contacts
Can I automatically populate my Outlook Contact file with info from an Access form? I enter my customer's info in my Access form first and then I have to re-enter in Outlook contacts. Any way to get rid of this redundancy? <sowen12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179113614.475661.150760@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Can I automatically populate my Outlook Contact file with info from an > Access form? I enter my customer's info in my Access form first and > then I have to re-enter in Outlook contacts. Any way to get rid of > this redundancy? Here's all...

Lost admin password of Windows 2003 Server DC
Hi, A client called me to restore access to their Windows 2003 Server acting as a DC whose Administrators' passwords have been lost. Nobody can now log into the server. I understand that resetting the local Administrator password on non-Active Directory Win 2003 machines is pretty easy. There are lots of utilities that you can download and run from a bootable CD and clear out the passwords. I also understand that the mechanism that Windows 2003 Server employs for storing usernames and passwords is different for Domain Controller machines and WORK_GROUP ones, such that runn...

Expert User: Text Disappearing in Publisher 2003
I'm having an issue with text disappearing in Publisher 2003. Not only is the text not visible, but it cannot be highlighted or have a cursor inserted. Stranger yet, it seems to be random, with some lines in a text box disappearing and others remaining. If I save the file, sometimes the text returns. If I close and reopen the file, it always returns. I have a decade of experience in Publisher (since 97). I am also an IT admin, and I can guarrantee I am using the latest drivers available for my FireGL V3400. I know the Pub 2000 had an issue with bloating filesizes on resave. Since this is...

Contacts not seen by to:
I try to send a message using contacts but to: does not see my contact list. I just imported a contact list - how can I connect the two? Thanks Richard What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the...

Opening Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98
Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? The requirement would be for Internet Explorer. Please read the following; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821909&Product=exch2003 "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D2196C-7393-488A-887F-30631365102E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? ...

most recently used list
Hello: I would like to have a group of people to have access to everything in the worksheet and another group to to be able to edit just one column and view the rest. I tried to use Allow Users to Edit Ranges but it does not seem to take effect. Can you help? Thanks. -- danka My previous question's subject was to be Cell/column permission protection. I am not sure if I can modify posted message. "danka" wrote: > Hello: > > I would like to have a group of people to have access to everything in the > worksheet and another group to to be able to edit jus...

Excel 2003
I have a table where the rows of specific account data are intertwined with result data. One of the columns has account numbers (9 characters in length) for those rows containing account data and the non-account specific rows have other data but never is the data 9 characters in length. My thought was to do a SUMIF at the bottom of the table, summing only those rows that have account data, ignoring the other rows. Is there a way to write the SUMIF formula such that it will only pull the rows where the Account number column contains a 9 character entry? Craig Use an array formula Then ...

Corporate Configuration
Since we had Windows 2000 several years ago, we had reg-hacked a policy setting for WSUS for our clients, which loaded the information under LM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate... Since we are on Windows XP SP2 going to SP3 we now have 4 separate settings for WSUS which all workstations are in the same OU, so we only have one policy applied. We have two separate locations with a test and prod WSUS settings, which makes 4 different settings depending on location, target group, servername, etc. Is there another place this can be set without pushing a registry...

Contact View Email column as link
Hi, Can any one help me to mak email column as link (mailto) in the contact grid view? When the user clicks the email link, this should open the blank outlook email with to email address filed. I tried in this way... I make the email column as link successfully, but when I change Contacts View and come back to default "My Contact View" , crmGrid.InnerGrid found null that time... any one have any idea where is the problem... here is my code..... ------------ adding this script in HomePage.aspx------------- window.attachEvent( "onload" , OnGridPageLoad ) var crmGrid...

Cannot Read E-Mail If Sent BCC Outlook 2003
I have this problem with Outlook 2003 when receiving e-mail sent to me addressed in the BCC address box. When I open the mail all I get is gibberish. I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003 was installed with Office Professional 2003. Mail sent to me in the TO... box and the CC... box work fine. Anyone out there having this problem. Any suggestions to fix. Thanks David David <dwillie@wildblue.net> wrote: > I have this problem with Outlook 2003 when receiving e-mail sent to me > addressed in the BCC address box. When I open the mail all I get is > gibberish. It's...

contacts
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange How do I copy my bellsouth (att) conacts from my yahoo mail server to my Entourage/exchange account? On 2010-04-07 16:43:07 -0400, eli@officeformac.com said: > Exchange How do I copy my bellsouth (att) conacts from my yahoo mail > server to my Entourage/exchange account? Can you export the contacts to a file? I bet you could find a format there that Entourage could import. ����������Corentin -- --- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http...

Using Money 2003 back up data with Money Essentials
I recently had a computer crash. I have been using Money for many years. I lost my Money CD. So I bought Money Essentials. Now Essentials refuses to load my years of Money backup data. Any Ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Florida Skier <Florida Skier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently had a computer crash. I have been using Money for many years. I >lost my Money CD. So I bought Money Essentials. Now Essentials refuses to >load my years of Money backup data. Any Ideas? Thanks You would need Money Plus Deluxe. If you bought Essentials, return...

Word wrap in a list box?
Is there a way to make the item lines within a list box (in my case a series of sentences) wrap? This is a list box that's in a User Form that refs some cells in a worksheet and uses VBA to populate with an "AddItem" approach. ...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Try this internet update from the Microsoft Corporation
--hjlfspxhyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cidiiond"; type="multipart/alternative" --cidiiond Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hubigmjfkegime" --hubigmjfkegime Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the ...

Outlook Contacts Auto Country Code
Does anyone know if it is possible to stop outlook auto inserting country code into contact phone numbers. I synchronise with Sony P800 Symbian OS and when I dial direct it will not handle with country code. Just disable that option in Dialing options... (Contacts > Actions > Call Contact > New call...) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Peter Baker" <bill@riversidefinance.com.au> wrote in message news:08e001c36c61$84ac0780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to stop outlook auto > inserting country code into contact phone numbers. I > ...

Publisher 2003 Line spacing
Hello, I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm struggling with something that's probably really simple to address. I've pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph - there seems to be additional space above the letters. I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help. It's maybe none of those things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I ne...

Corporate blunder
is there anyway to reset the POS retail price to what is was before a download from the master? we have 40 stores that control there prices apart from the corporate database, corporate accidently launched a worksheet incorrectly and it set about 4000 items at all the stores retail price to the corporate master, is there a roll back at the store level, or a log to find out what items were changed and from what to what?, or better yet change them back? RMS v2 hi, in HQ there is table called ItemDynamics which has the snapshot for the last prices: SnapshotPrice,SnapShotPriceA...C I beliv...

save contact emails
Outlook 2003 SP2 Under each individual contact there is an activities tab that keeps track of all activities to and from that contact. Trouble is, when i want to delete that e-mail rec'd, out of my inbox, as i've read it....it will delete it under the activities tab for that contact as well. How do i take it out of my inbox, but keep a record in each contacts activities tab? Move the mail from the inbox to some other folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook...

Check this critical package from MS Corporation
--agpafgvhqjjtxff Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vwmwczpk"; type="multipart/alternative" --vwmwczpk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lbsdlwapwmuel" --lbsdlwapwmuel Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list
I use Outlook 97. How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list? Also how do I send an e-mail so I know when it is read? TIA Jack Go to File, New, Distribution List. Name the distribution list and add the names you want on there. To track an e-mail, go to Tools, Options. Click on the Preferences Tab if necessary. Click on the E-mail options button. Click on the Tracking Options button and click next to Request a read receipt so that there is a check mark in that box. Bonnie >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 97. >How do I make a "...