copying the priv.edb and pub.edb files

I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an
offline defragment of the database to try and fix some corruption.  I have
stopped the information store (also stopped all the services) and tried to
copy the file.  It tells me access denied, the file may be in use.

I also tried rebooting the serve with the services set to manual.  This did
not work.

Thanks for any help.

0
none89 (807)

Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too.
-mark

0
anonymous (74722)
1/6/2004 9:37:28 PM
I set all exchange services to manual, rebooted the serve, and still could
not copy the file to a different server.
"Mark Berkowicz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too.
> -mark

0
none89 (807)
1/6/2004 11:06:05 PM
try stopping the IIS services too.

dhaval
"Mark Berkowicz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too.
> -mark

0
dhaval001 (19)
1/6/2004 11:34:46 PM
Some process is touching priv.edb AV?
wrote in message

>> Try stopping the Exchange System Attendant too.
>> -mark

0
anonymous (74722)
1/7/2004 12:44:16 AM
Go into the Exchange System Manager, expand the menus down to the
Information Store itself, right-click, and dismount the Information Store.
You have to do this before performing integrity checks or defragmentation
and the like. When you finish whatever you have to do, just right-click and
re-mount the information store.

HTH,
J e r e m y

"Michael Kearney" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an
> offline defragment of the database to try and fix some corruption.  I have
> stopped the information store (also stopped all the services) and tried to
> copy the file.  It tells me access denied, the file may be in use.
>
> I also tried rebooting the serve with the services set to manual.  This
did
> not work.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Another note: you want to have all your Exchange services running when you
do this. When you dismount the information store, it will no longer be
locked. I had to repair and defragment an information store yesterday,
following the first section (steps 1-8) of KB article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810197.

HTH,
J e r e m y

"J e r e m y" <jeremy NO exibus SPAM com> wrote in message
> Go into the Exchange System Manager, expand the menus down to the
> Information Store itself, right-click, and dismount the Information Store.
> You have to do this before performing integrity checks or defragmentation
> and the like. When you finish whatever you have to do, just right-click
and
> re-mount the information store.
>
> HTH,
> J e r e m y
>
> "Michael Kearney" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> > I need to copy the priv.edb and pub.edb files to another server to do an
> > offline defragment of the database to try and fix some corruption.  I
have
> > stopped the information store (also stopped all the services) and tried
> > copy the file.  It tells me access denied, the file may be in use.
> >
> > I also tried rebooting the serve with the services set to manual.  This
> did
> > not work.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

PST file Size Limit #3
IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 2Gb "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 1.87GB (which is usually referred to as the 2GB limit). Vanguard <vanguard.code@comcast...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

v10 Int Mgr settings for .ini file to see dyn windows being popula
In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows and show the integration running. How do you do this in v10? Thanks Ray Nist Ray, The setting hasn't change. [IMGPPrv] ShowDynamics=True Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ray Nist" wrote: > In v8 and earlier I used to create a im.ini file that would open GP windows > and show the integration running. > > How do you do this in v10? > > Thanks > Ray Nist Thanks Mario. We set this and it ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

Pub 98 files on pub 2000???
I keep getting the error message that my new Pub. 2000 can't open files produced in Pub 98. Yet... Microsoft says if I re-save the file in 2000 some data will be lost but I can re-run the file! How can I save something that won't load!!! Help before I go nuts! Hi Stan R. (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I keep getting the error message that my new Pub. 2000 || can't open files produced in Pub 98. Yet... Microsoft || says if I re-save the file in 2000 some data will be lost || but I can re-run the file! How can I save something that...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

subtotal copy and paste

locked publisher 2002 file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...

Copying graphs

Exporting Exchange Mailboxes To The File System
Hi all, Not the best forum to ask for an Exchange issue, but it is in relation to a Lotus Notes migration and hopefully others may come across this issue. We are in the process of migrating an Exchange environment to Lotus Notes. Company policy dictates emails older than 60-days are deleted in Lotus Notes (application executes this). The exchange environment has years of email history and therefore we have compromised to look at a solution to export ALL their Exchange mailboxes/emails onto the file system (local drives). Exporting to PST is not allowed since this violates the company poli...

Copying Views

Saving a .PST file
Some time ago didn't Microsoft release a free add-in for O2003 to periodically copy the .PST file to a backup location? I can't find it on Office Download. Does anyone know where it is? Many thanks. Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message news:%23tNSQKahFHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Some time ago didn't Microsoft release a free add-in for O2003 to > periodically copy ...

Compatibility Package for xlsx, docx, etc... files
I have Office 2004 for Mac Version 11.3.7 running on OS X 10.4.10 and would like to find a way to be able to read the new htm/zip files with xlsx, docx, etc... extensions. Has Microsoft come out with a compatibilty package for the Office 2004 for Mac similar to what now exists for Office for Windows XP? And if not, is there any other software around tat allows one to read these files on a Mac w/ OS X ??? In article <1187737312.024903.26070@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, debrigard <debrigard@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Office 2004 for Mac Version 11.3.7 running on OS X 10.4...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...