copy all incoming and outgoing mail to alternate mailbox?

I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user
(s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and
from that user without their knowledge.
How can this be done?
I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003.

Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application at www.ivasoft.biz  - it
could help.

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer
www.ivasoft.biz

"Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote:
> I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user
> (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and
> from that user without their knowledge.
> How can this be done?
> I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003.

0
no1498 (362)
6/3/2004 12:18:47 PM
Journalling.
On the properties of the store you can tick a box and get a copy of each
messages coming in and out of the store to a specified mailbox. Filter those
messages out that you're not interested in.

You can get 3rd party apps that sit beyond Exchange and are more granular
than the store.

"Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote in message
> I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user
> (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and
> from that user without their knowledge.
> How can this be done?
> I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Exclude outbound Internet mail from journaling
I have an Exchange 5.5 installation (soon to be Exchange 2003) which requires message journaling of internal email only. External (Internet) email is captured and archived by a gateway SMTP server, whilst internal mail is journaled to the same SMTP server for archiving. The documentation regarding journaling on Exchange 5.5 details how to route local messages through the MTA, and how to route Internet Mail Service messages through the private information store, but it seems even when this second routing configuration is not applied, outbound internet mail is still being journaled. I need a ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

can't use windows mail, help
have been using windows mail regularly for months and even last night however today it decides to ask to logon and when i put in username and password it doesnt accept it. I have gone to tools, accounts, properties, servers and the password authentication box is unchecked, but still it asks me to logon. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is=20 account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fi...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

ISA 2004 in the DMZ;is it OK if put the OWA in the same subnet where mailbox servers+connectors are ?
ISA 2004 will be setup in the DMZ to 'protect' the front-end servers. Currently my OWA+Mailbox+Connectors are all in one subnet, in the 'internal' network. Is it recommended that I put the OWA in a separate subnet and leave the mailbox+connectors on another subnet, or it doesn't matter leave them in the same subnet ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brownj@hotmail.com> wrote: >ISA 2004 will be setup in the DMZ to 'protect' the front-end servers. > >Currently my OWA+Mailbox+Connectors are all in one subnet, in the 'internal' >netw...

Outlook 2000 SP3

E-mail Marketing Blasts
Hi, Is there a way to build an e-mail template, similar to Outlook HTML, for a newsletter or marketing blast in HTML that could be sent to a group of customers? Where I am going with this, is that our marketing department currently creates e-mail blast on new product releases or specials and sends out to customers in Outlook using distribution lists. Using this method the Marketing Rep can create an HTML e-mail with logos, layout, photo jpg, and text describing the products etc. They would like to use CRM for this so they can keep track of who got what blast and eventually know if t...

The mailbox objects that won't die.
I have a windows 2003 exchange server in my organization that had some email users that were deleted.Although the email users are gone from my exchange 2003 system manager they are still showing up on my exchange 5.5 organization. I purged them this morning thinking that would do the trick but no dice. It has been about 24 hrs since I deleted them. Will these go away or is there some way to manually remove the objects out of the 5.5 site? That is a function of the ADC connection agreements. Have you looked at the event log on your ADC server lately? -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Why can't I send outgoing email?
I just set up email in Outlook 2003. I can receive but not send messages. SEND attempts do not complete. The message remains in the Outbox. My new ISP is Bellsouth but my email is still Earthlink. I have contacted both tech supports and corrected the email account setup. Bellsouth says Outlook might be corrupted. Jeff Hilleke wrote: > I just set up email in Outlook 2003. I can receive but not send > messages. SEND attempts do not complete. The message remains in the > Outbox. My new ISP is Bellsouth but my email is still Earthlink. I > have contacted both tech suppor...

subtotal copy and paste

Exchange 2003 receiving mail from Netscape Messenger Server 3.6
My Exchange 2003 server seem to be having some issues receiving mails that are coming from a Netscape Messenger Server. We are currently migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and mailboxes on our 5.5 servers seem to get the messages fine, but when they hit our 2003 server they sit in the Local Delivery queue constantly retrying until they time out and the sender gets an NDR - "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified". What is even more odd though is we occasionally do recieve mails on the 2003 servers - the only thing I have noticed is that these few mails have an attachment...

system 7 live mail
placewhen typing a message in live mail my cursor is unstable and jumps all oveddoing nowr the as it is now anybody got any suggestions? . I don,t suppose its any use asking MS even if I could contact them "Edgre" <Edgre@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:CE855372-D8AA-423B-AD68-34FDCD41BBE9@microsoft.com... > placewhen typing a message in live mail my cursor is unstable and jumps > all > oveddoing nowr the as it is now > anybody got any suggestions? . I don,t suppose its any use asking MS even > if > I could contact them ...

Copying graphs

Backup mail server (One domain, two mail servers)
Hey there I setup exchange to receive mail for 2 domains. Its working fine. As a contingency plan i want to setup a scenario in which even if my mail server aint available i shouldnt have LOST MAIL/ BOUNCED MAIL issues. I studied a few possibilities including clustering but that aint applicable to our scenario. The possibility applicable is the presence of 2 mail servers on the same domain. If my primary mail server is not available for some reason, my second machine takes over. I know thats possible but HOW? Can someone guide me to the implementation. At the moment, i have one machine servic...

Exporting Exchange Mailboxes To The File System
Hi all, Not the best forum to ask for an Exchange issue, but it is in relation to a Lotus Notes migration and hopefully others may come across this issue. We are in the process of migrating an Exchange environment to Lotus Notes. Company policy dictates emails older than 60-days are deleted in Lotus Notes (application executes this). The exchange environment has years of email history and therefore we have compromised to look at a solution to export ALL their Exchange mailboxes/emails onto the file system (local drives). Exporting to PST is not allowed since this violates the company poli...

Copying Views

SBS Exchange 2003 send receive mail somewhat works.
A bit confused as to why this is not working. I can receive emails as username@mail.domainname.net, I cannot receive emails as username@domainname.net I check under the users email addresses and the primary is set to be username@domainname.net. This worked fine at one time, but we had to switch domain names and since then it has not worked. I looked at MX records and that is correct. I ran the CEICW several times and made sure everything was correct... Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this? On 19/05/10 18:14, mrwiegand wrote: > A bit confused as to why this is no...