Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!

Hi all,

We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as
Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have
uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP.  All working fine untill we starting
installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like
calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best
way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4
mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-)

Thank you very much,

Laz.

0
Lazo

Laz:

Are you referring to automatic booking of resource mailboxes? If that's the
problem, then you need to log onto the resource mailbox using Outlook 2003
and reconfigure the autobooking settings. But then this might cause a
problem for users on Outlook 200/2.

Regards,
Martin
MCSA: M

"Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as
> Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have
> uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP.  All working fine untill we starting
> installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources
> like
> calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have
> best
> way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4
> mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-)
>
> Thank you very much,
>

> Laz.

0
MartinHTN
1/21/2005 4:58:23 PM
Thanks Martin I will try this tomorow.

"MartinHTN" <m@ht.n> wrote in message
> Laz:
>
> Are you referring to automatic booking of resource mailboxes? If that's
the
> problem, then you need to log onto the resource mailbox using Outlook 2003
> and reconfigure the autobooking settings. But then this might cause a
> problem for users on Outlook 200/2.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
> MCSA: M
>
> "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as
> > Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we
have
> > uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP.  All working fine untill we starting
> > installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources
> > like
> > calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have
> > best
> > way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about
4
> > mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-)
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> >

> > Laz.

0
Lazo
1/25/2005 8:36:45 AM
Hello Martin

We are having the same problem in the company where I am. We are also using
Exchange server 5.5 and Outlook 2003  - and we are having problems getting
the autobooking to work. I have seen that some are referring to the agent
setting - but I can't find this in Outlook 2003 - would you be able to guide
me...?

Thanks in advance
Henrik
"MartinHTN" wrote:

> Laz:
>
> Are you referring to automatic booking of resource mailboxes? If that's the
> problem, then you need to log onto the resource mailbox using Outlook 2003
> and reconfigure the autobooking settings. But then this might cause a
> problem for users on Outlook 200/2.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
> MCSA: M
>
> "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as
> > Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have
> > uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP.  All working fine untill we starting
> > installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources
> > like
> > calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have
> > best
> > way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4
> > mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-)
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> >

> > Laz.

0
Henrik1 (32)

Templates #5
I'm looking for resources to obtain Excel ready made spread sheets. Specifically financial such as "Financial Ratios" and other related financial sheets. Thanks Jim http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx has a lot. And google for "excel and finance" (or be more specific) and I bet you'll find lots. Jim wrote: > > I'm looking for resources to obtain Excel ready made > spread sheets. Specifically financial such as "Financial > Ratios" and other related financial sheets. > > Thanks > > Jim -- Dave Peterson...

View multiple user exchange attributes.
Is there ANYWHERE that I am able to view a report or something that will show me... The users name and if any radio buttons are selected in User\Properties\Exchange General\Delivery Restrictions\Message Restrictions If anyone has the answer, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried a bit of LDAP but I get lost really quick after the cn\ I have searched around for Exchange reporting tools, but they are mostly concerned with throughput and sizes of mailboxes. Anyway, thanks for the help. ...

Newsgrups in Office Outlook
Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing Internet news groups? How to set it up? As for now I have to review news in my Outlook Expres, but it would be nice to use only one program. Thank you for any help! -- Outlook is not a news reader. It invokes OE or whatever news reader is your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Polikarp_1973" <simmias@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:ch48hs$e4p$1@news.onet.pl... > Can I use my Microsoft Outlook [office 2000 SR 1] to reading and revewing > Internet news groups? > How to set i...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

a program is trying to acess e-mail address that you have stored in Outlook
ken@reidprogreaphics.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Is there a question here somewhere? -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange 2000 SP3 Errors
Big problems everyone. We could use a little help. While attempting to perform a Windows 2k ---> 2003 / Exchange 2000 --- > 2003 migration, we are seeing the following: EVENT ID: Date: 4/16/2007 Source: MSExchangeIS Time: 19:14 Category: Connections Type: Error Event ID: 1021 User: N/A Computer: EX1 NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM was unable to connect as /o=Organization/ou=Site/ cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EX1/cn=Microsoft System Attendant. Error 0x80040111. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We are unable to move mailboxes b...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Scheduled mail with outlook
Can outlook 2003 sent out a specific email every week on a specific time? shon <nomail@isp.nl> wrote: > Can outlook 2003 sent out a specific email every week on a specific > time? Yes, with some scripting. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook does not Open!
Outlook takes a while to open then quits after error message. Same is happening with Internet @ MSN Explorer. Version of Outlook? Exact error message? Anything else relevant to this you would like to share? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26dfa01c4630d$a40e9400$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook takes a while to open then quits after error > message. Same is happening with Inter...

can not add email in SBS 2003
I am having a similar problem to one mentioned earlier. Just today I went to add a new employee email account into our system running SBS 2003. I do it through the active directory app as usual. The user creates just fine, but does not create the exchange mailbox or email address... I have extensively looked into the RUS stuff all that aprears ok and there are no errors in the event viewer. anyone have ideas? i need to get this resolved quickly. thanks, saul Check your event logs - do you see any 8331 errors in the Application log? If so, there's a hotfix available from MS, ...

Cannot locate Outlook
I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a registered Home and Student 2007. Outlook was there a few days ago, not now. I use Vista and IE & OE. A friend asked for help with Outlook. I opened it a few days ago to look it over. Yesterday I could not find it in the Office suite drop down list or anywhere. Where do I find it? -- richard "Richard" <richard1@nospam.net> wrote in message news:3AC644E7-15ED-445C-B63B-307D46EA60AF@microsoft.com... > I cannot locate "Outlook" anywhere. I'm using Vista and have a re...

naming convention for PNG resources?
So IDB_xxx is for bitmaps, IDS_xxx is for strings, etc. Is there one for PNGs? I know MFC doesn't support PNG "as is". I thought about IDP_xxx but thats taken. IDPNG_xxx or ID_PNG_xxx seems weird. Invent one. Why is IDPNG_ unacceptable? The names are arbitrary. joe On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:30:14 -0800, "Somebody" <somebody@cox.net> wrote: >So IDB_xxx is for bitmaps, IDS_xxx is for strings, etc. Is there one for >PNGs? I know MFC doesn't support PNG "as is". I thought about IDP_xxx but >thats taken. IDPNG_xxx or ID_PNG_xxx seems w...

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles
I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and lives in the netlogon share. Whenever I make changes to the roaming profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default user profile to call their own when they next log on. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup for the users. In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without a username and then make that profile available to them. When they logged in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in Outlook, auto-populated with...

error in outlook
I was wondering if any body is had an issue with oulook regarding the following error "OUTLOOK IS OUT OF SYSTEM RESOURCES", following by a Dr. Watson error. Dr. Watson error OUTLOOK.exe Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x04c9bb30 The system is a NT box with 10GB HD, 128MB RAM and 433MHz cpu. This error ocurrs evey now and then it is not constantly happning. Usually is whil working in outlook. I hope some-one can help me. Thanks ...

Moving from 2 domain controllers to 1 with exchange 2003 in the m
Help!! I would like to demote one domain controller of two leaving me with only one domain controller. The problem is i have Exchange 2003 in the domain which is not necessarily a problem. I am concerned that by demoting the backup domain server that there will be a problem with connectivity with exchange. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Please let me know. Note: the primary domain controller does the Global cataloging and config so this should be not problem right? Hi Rox, AD doesn't really have PDC and BDC like earlier versions of windows. You can certainly dem...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Exchange

Exchange Cluster

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page