Convert User to Contact

I have a AD user with a mailbox who has left the company to be a contract
employee. Is there a way to convert the USER to a CONTACT? I want him in the
GAL, but I do not want him to have an Exchange mailbox.
0
DB (41)

In news:C6F8686A-3530-446E-94A7-1550F3EA7312@microsoft.com,
DB <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have a AD user with a mailbox who has left the company to be a
> contract employee. Is there a way to convert the USER to a CONTACT? I
> want him in the GAL, but I do not want him to have an Exchange
> mailbox.

Mailbox-disable him, and then mail-enable him and assign his external
address.

0
lanwench (7567)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

View multiple user exchange attributes.
Is there ANYWHERE that I am able to view a report or something that will show me... The users name and if any radio buttons are selected in User\Properties\Exchange General\Delivery Restrictions\Message Restrictions If anyone has the answer, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried a bit of LDAP but I get lost really quick after the cn\ I have searched around for Exchange reporting tools, but they are mostly concerned with throughput and sizes of mailboxes. Anyway, thanks for the help. ...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

User Form
Help Can someone help. I want to be able to click a cell look up the data in the cell and display the lookup results taken from another worksheet in a user form. The results will contain more than one record as i,m looking up orders and there my be more than one for that part. Also there will be more than one collumb on the form eg Part number order number etc. Hope someone can help, the user who will be using this will not use access otherwise this would be easy. Thanks ...

creating custom fields for contacts
I want to create custom fields in the 'details' section of contacts. I was able to create a new section but when select the 'Add Fields' I can only choose from the fields created by Microsoft. Ideally I would like to be able to create a custom field and determine if it needed a pull-down or user entry or user selected (like a simple yes/no) Is this possible? Thanks Rob Jayson Hi Rob, It is very easy to create custom fields and include them in existing forms. You can create new fields or attributes as they are called, by clicking on Settings->Customization-> ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

Deleting a deleted users Meetings
Is there a way to deleted meetings that a deleted user has requested? I've already deleted the users AD profile, and forgot about the meetings. Any help much appreciated They are deleted along with his mailbox. If you're talking about in other users' mailboxes, the only way that they could be deleted is to log into the mailbox, delete each meeting, and send a notice to the other invitees. You could restore the mailbox, log in and delete these meetings if you wanted to. That's a lot of work, and I'd be surprised to hear that anyone else anywhere worries about this...

Sharing Contacts
I would like to have a shared contact folder on sbs server 2003. I need the client to be able to open a macro and with one click be able to open the contacts on the server. This is for a transcription department and they need to do most everything by keystrokes. Any suggestions? It could also be a address book. I just need the changes made to addresses for the clients to be accross the board so that multiple entries are not made. Jerry Jerry wrote: > I would like to have a shared contact folder on sbs server > 2003. Create a public contacts folder & set permissions appr...

Importing Multiple contacts to a master account
I'm trying to get the new microsoft CRM to group multiple contacts under 1 key account. For example: I have 10 contacts for Nokia and I want to put them all under Nokia. Instead, when I export my excel file to the crm it turns all the contacts into there own master files, unconnected. Is there a way to import the files and have them sync up under the proper master account? MS has provided a data migration framework that you can use to do this. "Brian B." <bbrunson@gpcreative.com> wrote in message news:0a7501c34c6f$2644cdb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I'm trying to ge...

Convert Access97 to 2000

IMAP4 User Authentication
I am running Exhcange Server 2003. The IMAP4 service is running fine without a hitch and I have enabled the IMAP4 protocol in AD. However, when I try to connect remotely using the Outlook client it craps out when doing the user authentication. The wierd thing is that it works fine if I log in as administrator...so I know it's not a firewall issue. I set a test user up as domain and enterprise admin and still does not work. Help... Nevermind...I found the answer username should be domain name\username\mailbox alias I'm guessing domain admin could authenticate because it...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Users Affected by Old Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 organization. I migrated a bunch of mailboxes from the 1st server of one site to a mailbox server in another using BindView. Afterwards, I followed the white paper for removing the 1st server in a site, with the exception of deleting the server from the site. When I turned that server off, the users on the mailbox server noticed some delays and even experienced Outlook locking up. Once it was turned back on, everything seemed fine. The only connection that I can think of between the two servers is the X500 addresses that were created during the migration. Ca...

new user from 2003 to 2006
please help! in money 2003 i used to be able to flip back and forth from my online banking page to my bill listing. i can not seem to find how to do this in 2006 edition. thanks ...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Mailbox Manager Settings
If I add a group to a mailbox manager policy, will the policy act upon the group itself (it only if it's a mail-enabled group) or will it act on all mail-enabled users who are a member of the group? I want it to do the latter to save me adding loads of individuals to the policy. Thanks It should apply to the individuals within the group. Nue "K" <@.> wrote in message news:O7JFN6cbGHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > If I add a group to a mailbox manager policy, will the policy act upon the > group itself (it only if it's a mail-enabled group) or will it a...

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

CRM Contact to Outlook Contact Data Synchronization Mappings
Is it possible to modify the CRM Contact to the Outlook Contact Data Synchronization Mappings in version 4.x? We have a client who would like to map Address 2 on the CRM Contact to the Home Address fields on the Outlook Contact. If it is possible, does anyone know the specific settings to modify for this? Yes only through CRM SDK and outlook offline plugins you can achieve that. for more see crm sdk. let me know if you need any help -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.c...