Convert HTML attachments to text...

Hi all,

Having a problem where a company is sending us emails, and they are coming
in as HTML attachments.  We just migrated from Unix SendMail to Exchange
2003, and it didn't used to do it when we ran that....it started with
Exchange.

The emails appear to be automated, but only contain one or two lines of text
in them...not sure why they're coming in as HTML.

Any ideas how to get Exchange to display these as text in the body of the
message?  I know there's a setting in Outlook to display all emails in text,
but that doesn't really satisfy my client.

I can post some sanitized headers if it will help.

TIA,

Mike

--
Undecipher my email address if you want to email me... :-)

0
Mike

Are you sure that you don't have an SMTP relay server, antispam gateway,
antivirus gateway, or firewall doing content inspection?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Having a problem where a company is sending us emails, and they are coming
> in as HTML attachments.  We just migrated from Unix SendMail to Exchange
> 2003, and it didn't used to do it when we ran that....it started with
> Exchange.
>
> The emails appear to be automated, but only contain one or two lines of
> text in them...not sure why they're coming in as HTML.
>
> Any ideas how to get Exchange to display these as text in the body of the
> message?  I know there's a setting in Outlook to display all emails in
> text, but that doesn't really satisfy my client.
>
> I can post some sanitized headers if it will help.
>
> TIA,
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Undecipher my email address if you want to email me... :-)

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/12/2006 4:09:38 PM
There IS Spam Assassin running on a Front-end Exchange server, using the
Christopher Lewis event sink.

http://www.christopherlewis.com/ExchangeSpamAssassin.htm

You think that may be causing it?

Thanks Ed

--
Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Are you sure that you don't have an SMTP relay server, antispam gateway,
> antivirus gateway, or firewall doing content inspection?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange

Mike
10/12/2006 4:33:22 PM
It would be easy enough to find out.
--

> There IS Spam Assassin running on a Front-end Exchange server, using the
> Christopher Lewis event sink.
>
> http://www.christopherlewis.com/ExchangeSpamAssassin.htm
>
> You think that may be causing it?
>
> Thanks Ed
>

> --
> Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> Are you sure that you don't have an SMTP relay server, antispam gateway,
>> antivirus gateway, or firewall doing content inspection?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange

curspice6401 (3487)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Outlook 2003: Attachment Icon doesn't print
All users in a subsidiary office share this attachment icon problem: they see the paper clip in the attachment field prior to opening the e-mail message, and they also see the icon in the opened e-mail (sometimes located below the subject line in the heading, and sometimes located in the body of the e-mail). When they print the message, the icon fails to appear. It will print when you print the message in Plain Text. For HTML it will be fixed in SP1 which is coming soon! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an O...

Concatenating date field into text ands using in a formula
Hi all, Hope you can help. I have a date field (B1) and am trying to concatenate this into a directory path as part of a formula to pull data from another worksheet. IE My worksheets are named open"date of report".xls B1 contains "date of report" I have tried concatenating the worksheet name in a field and then using that field. I have tried cocatenating the directory path in a field and using that field. My last attempt at a formula is =SUM(IF('=concatenate("D:\CSA\Reporting\Open Jobs\[open"&TEXT(B1,"ddmmyy")&".xls]Customer")...

Lost attachments
Hi all, We have faced with the problem of lost attachments in Exchange 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Windows 2003 Server SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 with all latest updates. Clients are powered by Office 2003 SP2 using native exchange cached mode. IMF is off. One of our users experiences a problem with lost attachments. When someone sends him a message with another message being attached he cannot see attached message neither from Outlook nor from webmail. It only happens with one user, other users don't experience such problem. It also happens only with the messages th...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Opening attachments #3
I am unable to open attachments in Outlook Express 6. I think this has occured because of updates. I receive the response "Invalid syntax error". The page cannot be displayed....Please try the following: Open the res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/syntax.htm#mhtml:file:/ / home page, and then look for links to the info. u want. This doesn't help. In Outlook Express 6.00 I allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. ...

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

How do I set outlook 2003 to always switch to HTML in replies?
I receive e-mails from someone on a regular basis who is using Outlook 2003 on an exchange 2003 server. Often when I want to reply the e-mail is set to TXT and I want to reply html. I have to switch it manually each time. Is there a way to make it autoreply HTML without switching each time? Thanks "boe" <boe_d@dontspamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:uVKUXV02GHA.4748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I receive e-mails from someone on a regular basis who is using Outlook 2003 >on an exchange 2003 server. Often when I want to reply the e-mail is set >to TXT and I...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

pdf to html
Hi, I maintain the web site for our church and they have various pdf files that they want on the web page. I know I can link to a pdf file, but I would like to convert the pdf files to html files. Can someone recomment a good program for doing this? A freeware would be great. Thanks, -- Phil On Nov 6, 5:54=A0pm, Phil <p...@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I maintain the web site for our church and they have various pdf files th= at > they want on the web page. =A0I know I can link to a pdf file, but I woul= d like > to convert the pdf files to ht...

Converting from AOL to Outlook