Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server

Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on
EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators)
read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender
without giving the usual full mailbox access rights?
0
Sonubi (1)

Abiola Sonubi wrote:
> Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it
> possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange
> administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example
> someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox
> access rights?

No, not natively. I usually leave this up to the user. It's easy as pie for
them to set up (not hard to right-click, properties, permissions, add....)
as I don't think it's my business to control sharing of their data unless
management has mandated it.

That said - http://www.symprex.com/products/fpm/ may help you.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/1/2005 7:07:15 PM
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:59:03 -0800, "Abiola Sonubi" <Abiola
Sonubi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on
>EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators)
>read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender
>without giving the usual full mailbox access rights?

You would need to set these permissions within the mailbox, not at the
mailbox. Exchange stops at the mailbox level. There are utilities to
set calendar permissions centrally.
These folks http://www.symprex.com/ have a range of solutions,
permission allocation amongst them.
0
mark7219 (5666)
3/1/2005 8:03:22 PM
Thanks but i'd hoped the release of Exchange 2003 Server would inherently
allow for much more centralised control via the server.... I'd already come
across the suggested 'Symprex' product which grants such controls.

A.S

Abiola Sonubi wrote:
> Thanks but i'd hoped the release of Exchange 2003 Server would
> inherently allow for much more centralised control via the server....
> I'd already come across the suggested 'Symprex' product which grants
> such controls.
>
> A.S

No, sorry. If you're some kind of ace scripter, you may be able to do
something, but as I said, I don't have a problem leaving this up to the
individual users. I don't want the liability of granting access that should
perhaps not be granted - and if it's company policy that all this be done,
it shouldn't be a big deal for people to do it themselves.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> No, not natively. I usually leave this up to the user. It's easy as
>> pie for them to set up (not hard to right-click, properties,
>> permissions, add....) as I don't think it's my business to control
>> sharing of their data unless management has mandated it.
>>
>> That said - http://www.symprex.com/products/fpm/ may help you.
>>

>>> Abiola Sonubi wrote:
>>> Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it
>>> possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange
>>> administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example
>>> someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox
>>> access rights?

0
lanwench (7567)

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Move mailbox to another site
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 with SP4 in 4 sites. There is directory replication between the sites which is done by Internet Mail Service. What is the best way to move a mailbox from one site to another? Thanks in advance, Haim There is only one way - by means of .pst file. Haim Beyhan wrote: > Hi, > > We have an Exchange 5.5 with SP4 in 4 sites. There is directory replication > between the sites which is done by Internet Mail Service. > What is the best way to move a mailbox from one site to another? > > Thanks in advance, > > Haim All the users have offli...

Exchange 5.5 / 2003 coexistence problem
I have an exchange 5.5 sp4 on w2k and a new Exchange 2003 sp2 on w2k3. The former in a NT4 domain and the latter in 2003 AD. In testing one mailbox move to the new server, I was able to receive mail but not send (outbound mailflow is still on the 5.5 box). I was told by Microsoft Tech Support that the problem traces back to my not having the 2003 exchange server listed in MS 5.5 Exch Admin. I can connect to the new ex2k3 server, but each server only sees itself from MS Exch Admin. I also noticed I have 2 events realted to directory service in the 5.5 App Log. One is event id 1171...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Outlook looking for incorrect server
Hello, I have a strange problem. My connection times out and I get the box that says that outlook is looking for my server, but the wrong server name is listed. My Outlook client is configured to access the correct server, but it tries to connect to the AD Controller, using the fully qualified domain name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Jeff "Jeff Brooks-Manas" <support@nospam.rmcengr.com> wrote: >I have a strange problem. My connection times out and I get the box that >says that outlook is looking for my server, but the wrong server name is >listed. My...

Help! Character Encoding Problem when exporting from Access to XML
I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provider who distributes the file in XML form to online clients. Recently characters have started to not translate onto sites; usually quotes and apostrophes. I have been told by the third party service that this is due to a problem from cutting-and-pasting btw Excel, Word and Access. How can I 'clean' this data in Access so it is uniform? On May 11, 5:31=A0am, Mark H <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provide= r > who ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

exchange 5.5 owa cann't logon in mailbox
when I use owa to logon,the www publish service and IIS admin service will stop response.I have to restart the IIS.But after restart , the first time I can logon in mailbox,and then fail again.My user use ms outlook 2003,the mail server is exchange 5.5.I have installed KB818709,but it doesn't work, most of the time,I can only open the logon.asp page,can't logon to mailbox.Please help me. error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot con...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

How to Route Outbound E-mail from the Exchange Server 5.5 to another server.
Hi. I'm implementing an e-mail filter software and I need to configure my Exchange Server to route outbound e-mail to the e-mail filter server. I went to the connection tap and changed the message delivery to : Forward all message to host : "My e-mail filter server ". I need to know if what I've done is correct ? Thank you for your help. Yes, that's where you make the change. Don't forget to restart the IMS in order to affect the change. -- hth, SusanV "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:uPVHjhl9DHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Access 2007: Record update timestamps
Hi all, I've been fighting with this one and can't find any information on it. I have a feeling it was easier to do this with Access 2003, but maybe not. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. In Access 2007, I have a form where if I edit any (or specific) fields I want it to stamp the current date and time in a separate field. So, for example: I have a "Notes" field. If I edit this field, I want it to stamp the time in a "DateModified" field at the bottom of the form. I have tried to use onDirty, AfterUpdate, BeforeUpdate with expressions as well as V...

Exchange 2003 mail boxes
hi all, am encountering the following problem: In outlook (any version) when I open the address book and select any name then the properties then under "general" press "contacts" (or "personal address book" in the previous versions") and then select "activities" tab, it displays the e-mails of that name. I do not know how it is happening but it is there. Please help. Regards. Sounds like you have the Journalling feature of Outlook enabled. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nazih Da...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Save sent Items to a share mailbox
Hi all, I have a few users running outlook via exchange. They have there default inbox which they get there email in, then they have another mailbox called approvals, which they have send as permissions. However, when they go to send an email as the approvals account which multiple people share, the copy of the sent item gets stored in there local inbox. Any way of setting it so that only when they send from the approvals account does it store the sent items in that exchange inboxes sent items folder? Thanks in advance, Diego Look into Unisent at www.ivasoft.biz Diego wrote: > Hi all, &...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Access 2003 in XP <> Access 2003 in Vista or 7
Hi. I did in access 2003 w/ sp3 a form that has a chart and one sub-form. when I change the values in sub-form I have a vba code to update the chart in the parent form. The strange case is that it work fine in Windows XP but not in Vista or w7. In vista or 7, the chart appear all white. But more strange is that in Vista or 7 if I minimiza and then maximize access the chart appear ok. What can I do? Please help me. Thanks, Marco I'd try decompiling a copy of the app, then recompiling it on the vista system. That's worked for me on Windows 7: http://w...

Exchange rule
Hi, My wife and I work together and she is about to go on maternity leave. We use an SBS 2K3 installation and pull our company mail via SMTP and our personal mail via POP, both are delivered to our respective .local addresses. What i want to do is set-up an out of office but only for mail recieved via the company (ie SMTP). I assume a rule is in order but do i do this on Outlook or Exchange? I have tried doing it on outlook by following the rules wizard but it tells me i cannot combine server only actions with client only conditions. Therfore it appears to run the rule i need outlook running...

Project Server Workspace Permissions Question
I have created some Project Workspaces and users are able to access them fine. However, I created some additional lists on them: 1 List for tracking equipment and it is done in a datasheet view. The other one is a document library. In both cases, Team Members are not able to edit the lists. Now, I know that by default, you do not get the contribute list permission unless you have a task assigned, but I need all Team Members to have Contribute rights. So, how do I accomplish that? What server permission can I give or how can I work-around this? Two options I can think of: 1) As p...

Suddenly Mailbox is full
Hi all Suddenly one of my users was unable to receive mesages, the sender gets a mesage "The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full". The size of the mailbox user is 900 MB, the user had the the option "Use Mailbox Store Defaults" for its Mailbox Storage Limits, I set his limit to 1 GB and the problem seems to be resolved. However other users have bigger mailboxes and they have the option "Use Mailbox Store Defaults" also, why this happened to this user?? Any help will be appreciated What are the storage limits? How ...

Exchange 2003 will not deliver external mail to inboxes
I have an odd situation that I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. I have one 2003 server. It is my main active directory server, DNS server, Web/FTP server AND Exchange 2003 server. I am just learning about 2003, Active directory, Exchange. I am not a newbie, but I am not too experienced with those things. Last week I got it up and running and everything seemed to be working great. I could send and receive e-mail internally and externally without any problems. Now, stuff is broke - and I don't know what it is. If I send e-mail internally, all is fine. If s...