Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this behavior is by default or not, but when my users try to
export their contacts to an Excel file, any internal (domain) contacts show
the X400 address rather than the SMTP address.

Is there a way to change this?  I've read some about VB scripts with CDO or
something, but hoping there is an alternate way.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

what version Exchange?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if this behavior is by default or not, but when my users try
> to export their contacts to an Excel file, any internal (domain) contacts
> show the X400 address rather than the SMTP address.
>
> Is there a way to change this?  I've read some about VB scripts with CDO
> or something, but hoping there is an alternate way.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

sconkey (3059)
11/1/2006 9:03:52 PM
Sorry...that would help, wouldn't it? :-)

Exchange 2003 Ent and Outlook 2003

--
Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> what version Exchange?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm not sure if this behavior is by default or not, but when my users try
>> to export their contacts to an Excel file, any internal (domain) contacts
>> show the X400 address rather than the SMTP address.
>>
>> Is there a way to change this?  I've read some about VB scripts with CDO
>> or something, but hoping there is an alternate way.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike
>> --

0
Mike
11/1/2006 9:06:44 PM
the email display name field should refer to the smtp address...does it?
actually, I never realized that this was the case in Exchange 2000/2003...

--

> Sorry...that would help, wouldn't it? :-)
>
> Exchange 2003 Ent and Outlook 2003
>

> --
> Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> what version Exchange?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this behavior is by default or not, but when my users
>>> try to export their contacts to an Excel file, any internal (domain)
>>> contacts show the X400 address rather than the SMTP address.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to change this?  I've read some about VB scripts with CDO
>>> or something, but hoping there is an alternate way.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> --

0
sconkey (3059)
11/1/2006 9:24:48 PM
Not sure I understand what you're asking there.

In the outlook properties of any user, in the email addresses tab, the X400
address is always listed first.

Yet it the Active Directory, it shows primary as being the SMTP address and
is set to update automatically based on Recipient policy....could the
problem be in the recipient policy?  It's kind of a weird setup as we are
hosting multiple domains with the 1 Exchange server...so there are multiple
policies in there...

Thanks

--
> the email display name field should refer to the smtp address...does it?
> actually, I never realized that this was the case in Exchange 2000/2003...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
>> Sorry...that would help, wouldn't it? :-)
>>
>> Exchange 2003 Ent and Outlook 2003
>>

>> --
>> Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> what version Exchange?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message

0
Mike
11/1/2006 9:49:46 PM
i meant in the excel file...do you see an "'EmailDisplayName" field in the
excel file?

--

> Not sure I understand what you're asking there.
>
> In the outlook properties of any user, in the email addresses tab, the
> X400 address is always listed first.
>
> Yet it the Active Directory, it shows primary as being the SMTP address
> and is set to update automatically based on Recipient policy....could the
> problem be in the recipient policy?  It's kind of a weird setup as we are
> hosting multiple domains with the 1 Exchange server...so there are
> multiple policies in there...
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> the email display name field should refer to the smtp address...does it?
>> actually, I never realized that this was the case in Exchange
>> 2000/2003...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
>>> Sorry...that would help, wouldn't it? :-)
>>>
>>> Exchange 2003 Ent and Outlook 2003
>>>

>>> --
>>> Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
>>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)
11/1/2006 10:34:29 PM
Oh, I see.

No, it just says: "EmailAddress"

--

>i meant in the excel file...do you see an "'EmailDisplayName" field in the
>excel file?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message
>> Not sure I understand what you're asking there.
>>
>> In the outlook properties of any user, in the email addresses tab, the
>> X400 address is always listed first.
>>
>> Yet it the Active Directory, it shows primary as being the SMTP address
>> and is set to update automatically based on Recipient policy....could the
>> problem be in the recipient policy?  It's kind of a weird setup as we are
>> hosting multiple domains with the 1 Exchange server...so there are
>> multiple policies in there...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Remove the underscore and replace the zero to email me...
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> the email display name field should refer to the smtp address...does it?
>>> actually, I never realized that this was the case in Exchange
>>> 2000/2003...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Mike W." <wallmr_snowpam@gmailDOTC0M> wrote in message

0
Mike

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Displaying a GIF from a URL in Excel
Point your browser at http://ichart.yahoo.com/t?s=AMR You'll get a nice little 1 by 2 inch stock chart for AMR. The chart is actually a GIF. I want to set up a cell or cells in a spreadsheet so they fetch this chart from the web and display it. I've tried to make a Web Query do this. I fail, because it displays only a little gibberish, presumably because it does not understand that the URL result data is a GIF to be shown graphically. As far as I can tell, Web Queries are just not intended to do this. They are intended to scrape tabular data from URL's, not graphics. Is this cor...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Export Item List to Adjust
I have imported a large group of inventory incorrectly (the bar code numbers had spaces and shouldn't have). Is there a way to export a group of items out into excel, so I can correct my error and re-import? GE, How about creating a SQL statement to remove the spaces. Which field is the issue? ILC, Alias, Supplier Re-order # -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Display name in Active Directory...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used the ADSI tool to change the display name for my domain users to lastname, firstname. I used the ADModify tool to change all existing accounts Display name to have the new format so ALL my users display name now reads LastName, FirstName in the properites sheet. This gets reflected in GAL so things look good. I only have one problem, when I view the users name in active directory users and computers, the listings shows first name lastname. Is there any tool I can use instead of manually renaming all the existi...

Reminders in Outlook 2007 display behind the application
Reminder appears on the task bar. It does not pop up in front of the application window. If you minimize the application, the reminder window will be there behind the application. User had received a new pc and has noticed a change in the displaying of reminders. Using Outlook 2007 SP2 with Exchange 2007 SP1. I did not find any options within Outlook that would control this. -- Meg Do the reminders pop up as normal if you start Outlook in safe mode? Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe *note the space between outlook.exe and /safe* If you run Vista: Start > Sta...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Outlook 2007 display scrambled
Ever since I switched over to Vista and Outlook 2007 if I leave Outlook up and running overnight 99.9% of the time the display gets scrambled and I have to <ATL> <F4> to close it. Most of the graphic elements disappear and the text elements get pushed up to the left of the window (i.e. the list of items in my inbox). It's like all of it's internal mechanisms for measurement go berzerk. After closing and reopening it is fine except for the fact that it complains that the data file was shut down dirty and thay it has to perform a check. I never have any problems with ...

Display one row at a time
Total Total Low Adjusted Final Pt Test #1 Pt Test #2 Pt Test #3 Midterm Points Pt Test #4 Pt Final Points grade points Average Students #1 #2 #3 Test #4 #5 Test Sam 5 88 10 73 176 176 73 103 14.71428571 Harry 0 95 5 88 188 188 88 100 14.28571429 Beth 4 100 8 65 177 177 65 112 16 Sally 10 70 5 42 127 127 42 85 12.14285714 0 0 0 0 0 I have a grade book and I wish to be able to blank out only indicated rows thus allowing privacy to the students viewing the grades on screen. I’ve attached m...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Trouble Displaying a Non-Contiguous Data Range
I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual employees are taking for a particular month. I can create an underlying data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data. I'd like the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month on the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis: Month of July 31 30 29 28 .. .. 5 .. .. 1 Sue Mary ..... Tom I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a particular person (x value). If Sue were to take off, for exam...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

multipart/mixed displayed as "Unknown Attachment"
Hi Folks I worte a program sending Business-to-Business HTML-Mails. Lately some of my customers complain, that on Outlook-2003 clients my HTML-mails do not immediately show as HTML but as "Unknown Attachment". Upon double click the HTML is properly displayed with all images. If a mail has several recipients those using Mozilla/Notes/WebMail/Eudora etc. see the HTML immediately and some with Outlook-2003 report the behavoiur above. Even my Outlook-Express displays the mail properly. Has anyone an idea? Any hints welcome Joerg ...

Display picture with Conditional Formatting
I need to display one of 3 small pictures in Excel, based on a figure in a given cell. I can use conditional formatting to colour the background of another cell based on this value but cannot see how to display a picture or alternatively change the colour of a drawing object. In article <3b3401c4a0a8$2ec6d8f0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Sued" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to display one of 3 small pictures in Excel, based > on a figure in a given cell. Have a look at the following... http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Thanks ve...

Displaying data thru a variable
Hi Guys, How can I do this, I have a variable (txtFName) that contain the name of a table's field (FirstName), what I want is to display the value of FirstName (Mark Vargas) using txtFName. How can I do this? I will appreciate any help. Thanks Create an unbound textbox named PersonFirstName. Put the following code in an appropriate event: Me!PersonFirstName = txtFName Steve santus@penn.com "Maracay" <Maracay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C62B0790-368E-4ED1-A66E-A8B10C512705@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > > How can...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Column Display with MIN & MAX
Hello Everybody, In Access 2003, I have a table with two columns, in addition to the primary key ID columns. First column contains students' names and second column contains students marks. I am trying to create a query which would display name and marks highest scoring student. When I use MAX or MIN (for lowest scoring student) query displays only marks, and does not display the students name. How can I display both name and marks of the student with MIN and MAX queries? Thank you, -- Syed Zeeshan Haider ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...