Contacts deleted Exchange 2000

I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of one of
the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by mistake
deleted the contacts from his workstation so deleted from the conatct folder
in the server too. So is there any solution to get it back again. This user
use XP pro and outlook 2003 but the deleted Items folder is empty too.
Thanks in advance.

S.Sam wrote:
> I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of
> one of the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by
> mistake deleted the contacts from his workstation so deleted from the
> conatct folder in the server too. So is there any solution to get it
> back again. This user use XP pro and outlook 2003 but the deleted
> Items folder is empty too. Thanks in advance.

See reply to your other post. Please don't multipost - if you need to post
to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
so that everyone can follow the thread. This makes it easier for everyone,
including you.

0
lanwench (7567)
12/1/2004 2:38:12 PM
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:25:31 +0200, "S.Sam" <sam.security@link.net>
wrote:

>I have windows 2003 server and Exchange 2000, the contact folder of one of
>the users is shared on the server, the problem is this user by mistake
>deleted the contacts from his workstation so deleted from the conatct folder
>in the server too. So is there any solution to get it back again. This user
>use XP pro and outlook 2003 but the deleted Items folder is empty too.
>Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I understand how he deleted the contacts from his
workstation AND you then deleted them from the server? If he was using
Outlook against the server then his deleting the contacts would delete
them from the server. The workstation wouldn't play a part in it. Is
there perhaps a PST file in the equation?
If the items are not in any Deleted Items folder and you don't have
Deleted Items Retention active then you will need to do a restore to a
DR server and then exmerge the items out of this test server.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Great Plains POP10390 distribution data gets deleted when posting a batch
Hi, We are using GP version 10.1...Since last week, we started to lose the GL distribution on POP transaction (invoice matching)...it seems that the records of the POP10390 file get 'flushed' randomly... Today we had an occurence where a posting report got 'stucked' at 50% of progress on the screen of a user...we waited more than 1/2 an hour and the batch never end posting...it did also create a situation where other users could not post either...(just like there was a lock on the file...where the record got flushed.... Any clues...we can't believe that it never ha...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Exmerge Exchange 2007
Hello all I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange 2007. Can i use Exmerge to do this? Thanks Not until SP1 i'm afraid. Oliver Currently doesn't support Exmerge. Have a look at Exchange Management Shell Export-Mailbox cmdlet or the Move Mailbox wizard. "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFCC225A-9D13-4D4E-B2FA-501DA564ECBA@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange > 2007. > Can i use Exmerge to do this? > > Thanks ...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Delete Network Printer Script
Hello I have just set a script to delete a old network printer, This worked on my local machine I would like to run this on everybody computer in the winodws server 2003 domain where I do set ths? On error resume Next Set objnetwork = wscript.createobject("wscript.network") objnetwork.removeprinterconnection \\homer\main _office I saved the DeeletnetworkPrinter.vbs ...

exchange 2000 user rights
How can I assign rights to user calendars from exchange? I want everyone to view everyone else's calendar and SOME to have read/write access. We want this done at the group level, regardles of whta the user wants or doesnt want. Thanks, Raul Rego ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Exchange between forests
Hello all, We run win2k and exch2k with a single forest and AD domain. We may be wanting to create a new forest (due to the org wanting the name changed), if we make a new forest and migrate the user etc into it, what do we do with exchange? Can we leave it and migrate mailboxes between forests to a new exchange server? Should we upgrade our AD to win2k3 and use the renaming tool to change the domain name and upgrade exchange to 2k3 instead of migrating? Any help, as always much appreciated On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:05:07 -0800, Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Administration Tools/Addons/Pack for Exchange?
Hello, Are there any administration add-ons for Exchange so that I can see all of the Exchange properties of a user/group/etc from my administration machine? Currently, I have to use Terminal Services into the Exchange server and run the Active Directory U&C console from there to see everything. I want to have the same capabilities on my personal machine without having to install Exchange. Is this possible? Thank you, -b Assuming you are running XP on your desktop... For Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821920 For Exchange 2000 http://suppor...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange + outlook VS Lotus notes
Hi everybody, I am currently working with an organization which is checking two options for calendar based applications. On this project i'm trying to help the organization decide on whether to choose each of the alternatives where on the Lotus notes, the organization has its own people who are running proof of concepts and so on, and i am running the exchange and outlook application based proof of concepts. Its an organization which has about 2500 clients... As for now i must say, that exchange and outlook appear to be a VERY VERY hard to handle environment. One of the POC processes a...

Exchange 2003 SP1 #6
I check the webcast concerning Exchang 2K3 SP1 and it noted that Lotus Notes Connector now support Lotus Notes R6 clients but what about Lotus Notes R6 Server? I am asking because I am in the middle of researching the migration of Lotus Notes R6 to Exchange 2003 See the following articles: 839594 Support for the Exchange Connector for Lotus Notes in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=839594 867646 The "Exchange Server 2003 interoperability and migration guide" is http://support.microsoft.com/?id=867646 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Recovering Deleted Emails
I found the option in Outlook 2003 where a user can recover deleted email for a specified period of time (determined by setting on Exchange server). However, is there a way an administrator can view all deleted emails for all users? Maybe something via a web browser directly on the Exchange server? We don't really have a need to restore the emails from the Exchange server but we would like to review emails that users are deleting without having to log into their workstation and recover the emails then delete them again. Any suggestions? thanks I think does not support this -- Ja...

Service Contract Deletion
Is there any way to delete a contract that has a status of cancled or invoiced? When ever we try to delte these contracts it says the current status of this contract does not allow this action. I tried renewing the contract, that one I could delete, but it still leaves the contract with the status of cancled in the list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Billy Dodson Billy, From a built-in supported functionality side, once the contract becomes active it can't be deleted. In general, the tool prevents you from deleting entries that might cause a data integrity problem or would rem...

Deleted subfolder
A large subfolder (named "folders") was accidentally deleted from personal folders in a shared email file when Outlook was bein gused in my wife's account. This wasn't noticed until Outlook was opened in my account. The "folders" folder now appears in the Deleted Items folder but shows up as empty. This lost folder had subfolders as well. No file structure is appearing in that folder. I am afraid to shut down Outlook, because that might lose any chance of recovery - if there is a chance. My last backup is a few weeks old and there is information in t...

outlook classifying ALL emails as junk and moving to delete
How do i change this? ...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Delete a line that matches certain criteria!
Hi all, I currently have a list of all our user names and computers in ou organization. The computer names all end with a '$' symbol. I woul like to delete all the rows that contain the '$' symbol. Is thi possible? Example of spreadsheet below: ADAM_BURTON$ ADAM_BURTON$ ADAMB Adam Burton Pickup Accounts Pickup Adamben Adam Bennett AdamS Adam Seiles ADAMSEILES$ ADAMSEILES$ Adelef Adele Foster ANDREWLAPTOP$ AG_LAPTOP$ aileenc Aileen Cox AILEENCOX$ AILEENCOX$ AILSAM A...

Automate DELETE of TRASH
On my Exchange 2003 Server...HOW do I periodically AUTOMATE the deletion of TRASH items for all users? Thanks. You can create a Mailbox Management recipient policy. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/ GW wrote: > On my Exchange 2003 Server...HOW do I periodically AUTOMATE the deletion of > TRASH items for all users? > > Thanks. > > ...

# Deleted
I work for a Fortune 50 company. We upgraded to Access 2003 approximately 1 year ago. We are now upgrading our ODBC drivers. The new driver is Informix 3.82. If we use this driver with Access 2003 it returns #deleted for all files from our Informix database. However, if I use this same driver with Access 97 it works fine. Has anybody heard of such an issue. As you can well imagine it is causing a tremendous headache for me. We are using Jet Version 7. -- M. Shipp ...