Contact VS Mail-Enabled User

I am just wondering what a Mail-Enabled user would be used for, because isn't
it essentially a contact?

Thanks,
Jeremey
0
Jeremey (10)

No, Mail-Enabled user can log-in on your domain , contact can not.

Nebojsa Seslija

"Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am just wondering what a Mail-Enabled user would be used for, because
>isn't
> it essentially a contact?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremey

OK,
Thanks, just not sure what reason I would have someone that would need to be
emailed have a logon to my network but not have a mailbox on our network.

Thanks,

Jeremey

"Nebojsa Seslija" wrote:

> No, Mail-Enabled user can log-in on your domain , contact can not.
>
> Nebojsa Seslija
>

> "Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am just wondering what a Mail-Enabled user would be used for, because
> >isn't
> > it essentially a contact?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeremey

0
Jeremey (10)
4/14/2005 10:03:02 PM
maybe a contractor who wants all his mail to go to one place (his corporate
mailbox)...

> OK,
> Thanks, just not sure what reason I would have someone that would need to
be
> emailed have a logon to my network but not have a mailbox on our network.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremey
>
> "Nebojsa Seslija" wrote:
>
> > No, Mail-Enabled user can log-in on your domain , contact can not.
> >
> > Nebojsa Seslija
> >

> > "Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am just wondering what a Mail-Enabled user would be used for, because
> > >isn't
> > > it essentially a contact?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jeremey

0
sconkey (3059)
4/14/2005 10:05:44 PM
Ahhhh Lights are turning on above my head now.

That is making since to me know.

Thanks,
Jeremey

"Susan" wrote:

> maybe a contractor who wants all his mail to go to one place (his corporate
> mailbox)...
>
> "Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OK,
> > Thanks, just not sure what reason I would have someone that would need to
> be
> > emailed have a logon to my network but not have a mailbox on our network.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeremey
> >
> > "Nebojsa Seslija" wrote:
> >
> > > No, Mail-Enabled user can log-in on your domain , contact can not.
> > >
> > > Nebojsa Seslija
> > >

> > > "Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jeremey (10)

Trouble After Moving Mail Boxes
Okay I'm not the best exchange guy so this one has me stumped. Last week I had an exchange computer fail. I was able to get a second computer up and running and install exchange on it. I got all the information transferred over to this new computer and reinstalled the old one. Now when I try to move the mail boxes to the newly installed computer I can't use web mail or view attachments. If I copy them back to the other server everything works fine. And if I move an e-mail form the servers store to a personal store I can view attachments. If any one has an idea as to what might cau...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

How to stop mail enabled outlook
Have a *.pst file on a flash drive. Trying to carry my outlook data from office to home computers. If I move it from the home computer to the office, and then make changes there, then open it again on the home computer, I get an error message that the *.pst file could not be accessed because another workstation has modified it, and that I should close and then restart all mail-enabled applications. Since I don't use Outlook for email, only calendar and contacts, how do I un-mail enable outlook on both computers??? Possible? TIA for any help/advice. Do you close the file before e...

File being "used by another user"

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Sync Calender Via Mail item
Hi all, In Outlook 97 there was a way of sync'ing calender items as emails between two or more people. I have tried to find this function is Office XP and cannot find where to do it at all. Basically we do not want to use exchange server as there are only three people working from a home based business. Any help greatfully received. Thanks in advance Not sure what 97 used, as I didn't think NetFolders worked on that version, but I could be wrong. Regardless, NetFolders support has been removed from OL2002 and onwards as it was very buggy and unreliable. Although there's a &...

exchange 2000 user rights
How can I assign rights to user calendars from exchange? I want everyone to view everyone else's calendar and SOME to have read/write access. We want this done at the group level, regardles of whta the user wants or doesnt want. Thanks, Raul Rego ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Exchange + outlook VS Lotus notes
Hi everybody, I am currently working with an organization which is checking two options for calendar based applications. On this project i'm trying to help the organization decide on whether to choose each of the alternatives where on the Lotus notes, the organization has its own people who are running proof of concepts and so on, and i am running the exchange and outlook application based proof of concepts. Its an organization which has about 2500 clients... As for now i must say, that exchange and outlook appear to be a VERY VERY hard to handle environment. One of the POC processes a...

user name and password 12-14-09
Help! can anyone tell me why recently I am asked for a user name amd password when opening windows mail, this started recently. I can't log on. Thanks -- scollins Having same problem only started today . I have trend anti virus never had any trouble before. Now every time i log onto mail i need to put in my acc and password? Bizzare any help would be appreciated! -- seanokil check your settings for it to remember your password and disable trend email scanner.. -- ashvin :D Just chill -pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Mail merge error message
When I try to open data source, edit publication, etc. in Mail merge, I keep getting this message: Mail merge cannot continue. I have removed and reloaded Office 2000 (I have Publisher 2000), and that doesn't help. What can I do? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Bob <jbramsey@bellsouth.net>... > When I try to open data source, edit publication, etc. in > Mail merge, I keep getting this message: Mail merge cannot > continue. > I have removed and reloaded Office 2000 (I have Publisher > 2000), and that doesn't help. Try...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Send e-mail using authentication
to In exchange5.5 we can authorize only users send mail using smtp only with authentication by configuring IMC. In exchange2003 didn't find the way to accept relay only with authetication, excluding my inbound relay server. ...

Users can't access CRM via a VPN connection
Hi -- we're trying to set it up so our remote users can VPN into the office and use CRM via their Outlook client. We have CRM 3.0 and we're using a Check Point firewall. The CRM Outlook client works great when they're in the office but when they try during a VPN session they get the infamous error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailabe..." Outlook connects to the Exchange server as it should -- but for some reason CRM won't work. I've already looked through the KB article 910090 and none of tha...

Formula vs. Constant
Is there a way using excel funtions (not UDF) to find if a cell contains a formula vs. a number (constant). I looked around the forum but did not find anything. I tried using cell function and left function but they return the value in the formula itself. Any help is appreciated. Regards, RK hi you might consider the goto function. press F5. click the special button bottom right. check formula then ok. excel will high light all formulas. you can do the same with constrants. regards FSt1 "rk0909" wrote: > Is there a way using excel funtions (not UDF) to fin...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Mail Merge to Excel?
Is it possible to do a mail merge from CRM to an Excel template? Steve Korosy AbilityCRM ...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

Contacts Search