Constraint Violation when attempting to forward e-mails among AD

Constraint Violation when attempting to forward e-mails among AD

Domains:

We have 2 different domains/Forests with a Trust between and 2 different

Exchange servers.  Both running Windows 2003 with Active Directory.

Domains trust each other and everything is accessible both by IP and

netbios name; servers can be browsed by either site location.

Here's where my problem is:

I want to forward a copy of all e-mail from site B to an account in

site A.  When I go into his account properties in AD Users and

Computers at Site B, and attempt to forward the e-mail, the system

finds the account in the other domain and resolves it.  However, once I

hit "apply" or "OK" I get the following message:

---------------

Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

A constraint violation occurred.

Facility:  LDAP Provider

ID no: 8007202f

Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

0
RobG (9)

How are you attempting to do the "forward"?  Are you journaling to a mailbox
and then trying to configure that mailbox with an alternate recipient?  If
so, try creating a contact for the other site mailbox and making that
contact the alternate recipient.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Constraint Violation when attempting to forward e-mails among AD
>
> Domains:
>
> We have 2 different domains/Forests with a Trust between and 2 different
>
> Exchange servers.  Both running Windows 2003 with Active Directory.
>
> Domains trust each other and everything is accessible both by IP and
>
> netbios name; servers can be browsed by either site location.
>
> Here's where my problem is:
>
> I want to forward a copy of all e-mail from site B to an account in
>
> site A.  When I go into his account properties in AD Users and
>
> Computers at Site B, and attempt to forward the e-mail, the system
>
> finds the account in the other domain and resolves it.  However, once I
>
> hit "apply" or "OK" I get the following message:
>
> ---------------
>
> Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension
>
> A constraint violation occurred.
>
> Facility:  LDAP Provider
>
> ID no: 8007202f
>
> Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/12/2006 3:57:14 AM
Not sure what Journaling is....
In AD, on the Exchange General tab, I set up the Forwarding Address in the
Delivery Options section of the window.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> How are you attempting to do the "forward"?  Are you journaling to a mailbox
> and then trying to configure that mailbox with an alternate recipient?  If
> so, try creating a contact for the other site mailbox and making that
> contact the alternate recipient.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Constraint Violation when attempting to forward e-mails among AD
> >
> > Domains:
> >
> > We have 2 different domains/Forests with a Trust between and 2 different
> >
> > Exchange servers.  Both running Windows 2003 with Active Directory.
> >
> > Domains trust each other and everything is accessible both by IP and
> >
> > netbios name; servers can be browsed by either site location.
> >
> > Here's where my problem is:
> >
> > I want to forward a copy of all e-mail from site B to an account in
> >
> > site A.  When I go into his account properties in AD Users and
> >
> > Computers at Site B, and attempt to forward the e-mail, the system
> >
> > finds the account in the other domain and resolves it.  However, once I
> >
> > hit "apply" or "OK" I get the following message:
> >
> > ---------------
> >
> > Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension
> >
> > A constraint violation occurred.
> >
> > Facility:  LDAP Provider
> >
> > ID no: 8007202f
> >
> > Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

0
RobG (9)
10/12/2006 4:35:02 PM
Forwarding is set up in the properties of the User account in AD>Exchange
General tab>Delivery Options>Forwarding Address.  As mentioned below, the
Forwarding address in the other domain is found and resolved, but the error
occurs once I hit Apply.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> How are you attempting to do the "forward"?  Are you journaling to a mailbox
> and then trying to configure that mailbox with an alternate recipient?  If
> so, try creating a contact for the other site mailbox and making that
> contact the alternate recipient.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Constraint Violation when attempting to forward e-mails among AD
> >
> > Domains:
> >
> > We have 2 different domains/Forests with a Trust between and 2 different
> >
> > Exchange servers.  Both running Windows 2003 with Active Directory.
> >
> > Domains trust each other and everything is accessible both by IP and
> >
> > netbios name; servers can be browsed by either site location.
> >
> > Here's where my problem is:
> >
> > I want to forward a copy of all e-mail from site B to an account in
> >
> > site A.  When I go into his account properties in AD Users and
> >
> > Computers at Site B, and attempt to forward the e-mail, the system
> >
> > finds the account in the other domain and resolves it.  However, once I
> >
> > hit "apply" or "OK" I get the following message:
> >
> > ---------------
> >
> > Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension
> >
> > A constraint violation occurred.
> >
> > Facility:  LDAP Provider
> >
> > ID no: 8007202f
> >
> > Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

0
RobG (9)
10/12/2006 4:42:02 PM
Try creating a mail-enabled contact for the destination mailbox, testing it
to make sure you can send mail to it using Outlook, and then specifying that
contact in the delivery options forwarding address.
--

> Not sure what Journaling is....
> In AD, on the Exchange General tab, I set up the Forwarding Address in the
> Delivery Options section of the window.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How are you attempting to do the "forward"?  Are you journaling to a
>> mailbox
>> and then trying to configure that mailbox with an alternate recipient?
>> If
>> so, try creating a contact for the other site mailbox and making that
>> contact the alternate recipient.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Constraint Violation when attempting to forward e-mails among AD
>> >
>> > Domains:
>> >
>> > We have 2 different domains/Forests with a Trust between and 2
>> > different
>> >
>> > Exchange servers.  Both running Windows 2003 with Active Directory.
>> >
>> > Domains trust each other and everything is accessible both by IP and
>> >
>> > netbios name; servers can be browsed by either site location.
>> >
>> > Here's where my problem is:
>> >
>> > I want to forward a copy of all e-mail from site B to an account in
>> >
>> > site A.  When I go into his account properties in AD Users and
>> >
>> > Computers at Site B, and attempt to forward the e-mail, the system
>> >
>> > finds the account in the other domain and resolves it.  However, once I
>> >
>> > hit "apply" or "OK" I get the following message:
>> >
>> > ---------------
>> >
>> > Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension
>> >
>> > A constraint violation occurred.
>> >
>> > Facility:  LDAP Provider
>> >
>> > ID no: 8007202f
>> >
>> > Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

0
curspice6401 (3487)

adding multiple addresses to safe list at once
Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and add them to the safe senders list at the same time? Josh Michel <jamichel@iastate.edu> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and > add them to the safe senders list at the same time? I don't believe Outlook has that ability. -- Brian Tillman ...

Mail Merge #26
I have been happily doing a mailmerge using Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003. I went to do one the other day and started to have all kinds of problems. From Publisher when I choose "Use Outlook Contacts" I get a screen that says "Data Link Properties" and asks for all kinds of info - never had this before and was always able to do merge. When I hit ok - I get an error message: "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again Later" I have tried all the Link settings, but nothing works - Keeps saying ...

Outlook 2010 sending mail
I have Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 with a POP and IMAP email account. How can I make my IMAP account the default mail for sending? In the account settings my IMAP acct is set to default, I have even removed both accounts and added them back without any luck. J wrote: > I have Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 with a POP and IMAP email account. How can > I make my IMAP account the default mail for sending? > In the account settings my IMAP acct is set to default, I have even removed > both accounts and added them back without any luck. This newsgroup discusses the rele...

"Unexpected Error" When Sending CRM E-Mail
We are getting an "Unexpected Error" when sending CRM E-mail from both Outlook and the web client. There is no diagnostic message. The following appears in the Event Viewer for the web client: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 2/10/2005 Time: 1:42:23 PM User: N/A Computer: BHE-SHARE Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occ...

saving pictures from e-mails
when I try to save a picture imbedded in an e-mail I can only save as a bitmap. is there a way to change this? Try right clicking your mouse to see the small menu and then from there choose an alternative depending on what you have in your computer. I think you can also try right clicking and selecting properties; from it you should have a "change" option. "Royalscotty" <Royalscotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:999522AC-EA7A-4D53-B879-3F84D08761C9@microsoft.com... > when I try to save a picture imbedded in an e-mail I can only save as a >...

Outlook 2003 with Word as Mail Editor
I am looking around to see how I can create my own email templates, so far the help file does not shows anything on this. Also I noticed that Outlook 2003 mention forms but not templates on the "New" button. Can someone give me some tips or links on how to create / save / use those Outlook 2003 templates or Forms ? Thanks ...

unable to send outbound mail using outlook
I've enabled the smtp virtual server on our new exchange server and have our domain's mx record pointed to it. I've redirected our clients to point from our ISP's mail server to ours, but outbound mail is not working. when i tried to telnet to our server and do a "mail from: " of a local account, it's saying invalid address. Is there a separate setting to enable using this SMTP virtual server for outgoing mails? -Jerry Sorry... my mistake. I simply enabled message relaying and it works now. "jerrydy" wrote: > I've enabled the smtp virtua...

* RE: * Internet Mail Connection (SMTP) Setup
Chad Thanks! but is there nothing we can do to reject e- mails from unknown internal e-mail addresses and prevent someone to use the SMTP server to send e-mail internally? Also, anti spam solution will only filters e-mails but still delivers them (unless if we set it up to reject them, but then there is a possibility of legitimate e- mails). Again anti spam solution is not something we are looking for at this point. Any other ideas? anyone? Thanks. Paul >-----Original Message----- >Get a third party spam filter > >http://www.mailfrontier.com is a good one > >Thanks, ...

Formula for adding up columns, i.e., B1:B10 + D1:D10 + F1:F10 + H1:H10 + J1:J10
I've never figured this one out. Went and googled yet again but I'm obviously not googling for the right thing. Same as with the help file. What is the type of formula we use for adding up columns or rows, esp. if they're broken up by rows/columns in between? Thanks! =SUM(B1:B10,D1:D10,F1:F10,H1:H10) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "StargateFanFromWork" <noSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:ORPkLEa1FHA.2792@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've never figured this one out. Went and googled yet again but I'm > obviously not googling for the right t...

Removing file extensions on e-mail
How do I remove the file extension (i.e. xls or xlsx) when e-mailing an Excel workbook from directly within the workbook instead of attaching the workbook to an e-mail? Why ever would you want to do that? John S wrote: > How do I remove the file extension (i.e. xls or xlsx) when e-mailing an Excel > workbook from directly within the workbook instead of attaching the workbook > to an e-mail? ...

Exchange 2007 forwarding-rule error
Hi Our company users on Exchange 2007 have set rules so that mail is automatically forwarded to another user, when they need it, but the problem is, when the mail is being forwarded, the forwarding user gets the following error: #550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##rfc822;mailbox@domain.com Original-Recipient: rfc822;mailbox@domain.com Final-Recipient: rfc822;redirect@domain.com Action: failed Status: 5.7.1 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required It looks like Exchange doesn't forward messages, ...

Exchange Server 2007 Install and Setup
Hi! My server is as follows: Dell PowerEdge 2900 with two 1Gb Broadcom Network Adapters One Xeon Processor x64 (64 bits machine) 4 GB of RAM Plenty of disk space, etc. I succesfully installed Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard (64 Bits Edition). I installed the Active Directory. This is the only DC in the domain named CHARONNE (DNS name is: charonne.local). This machine whose name is CLEVELAND is as well GC, FSMO, etc. all the well known roles. DNS is up and running. A reverse zone is configured as well. The first network adapter is setup as: IP adress: 192.168.0.1 Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gatewa...

how do i setup e-mail account for yahoo.com in outlook?
First time user of MS outlook. I created the account but i didn't know what to put in the "erver URL:" field. So I put HTTP. Basically I'm trying to setup my yahoo account bu it gives the following error Task 'http://www.yahoo.com: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80070057) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' Ayoub wrote: > First time user of MS outlook. > I created the account but i didn't know what to put in the "erver > URL:" field. So I put HTTP. Ba...

RMS and E-commerce
I have a very basic question - we are using v2.0 of the RMS. I had a developer create an XML formatted file of an internet order from our e-commerce software on the webserver. There will be a semi-manual process to move that xml file from the server to my local computer to be processed by the POS - but when I try the CTRL + SHIFT + F10 it is looking for a server to connect to - am I missing somehting basic for this functionality. I thought I would be ready to import these online orders once I had this formatted XML file Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you ...

IMAP sent-mail folder
Hi all. I have OUTLOOK 2002 - SP3. I'm trying to create a rule to put all sent msgs from an IMAP4 account into an IMAP FOLDER : sent-msg but it doesnt work. The rules is like : tools -> rules -> check msg after sending -> throught the account ... -> move a copy to IMAP sent msg folder all msg are moved to POP3 sent-msg folder but NOT in the IMAP sent-msg folder any idea ? are you connected to the imap server? do you have outlook saving all sent messages? if so, and if the connection to the imap is down, the move won't take place but a copy is saved locally. -- ...

Document Connection crashes when adding a sharepoint site

Logging Sent and Received Internet Mail?
Hi, Could someone out there please tell me how to log all sent and received internet mail on my exchange 2003 server. Thanks! Turn tracking on. Go to the properties on the server in Exchange System Manager (or if you have a server policy go to the policy), check enable message tracking and subject logging (optional) and set a time limit for removing log files. If you need to keep the logging info longer make sure you implement a backup strategy for the server.log folder where the logs will be kept. Glen "DM SysOp" <DMSysOp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Exchange 5.5 Problem. Somebody routing mails through our IMC
Hi, I have Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT server. From past couples of days I am seeing lot of messages coming into our server and somebody trying to route the mails through our IMC. When I see in IMC "Q" some thousands of mails are coming every minute even though I have locked the Open Relay. Please somebody help me as how to stop this mails. Thanks a lot in advance Boya Make sure you're on Service Pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. Take a look at these articles: 279860 XFOR: How to Stop Internet Mail Service from Relaying Junk E-mail http://support.microsoft.com/?id=279860 324059 ...

Filtering mail into folders
How do you filter mail into folders so they dont just go to inbox On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 02:39:04 -0700, sasquatchofgy wrote: > How do you filter mail into folders so they dont just go to inbox Unless your account is POP3, you can't. Otherwise, just use message rules. -- Norman ~Oh Lord, why have you come ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum ...

GAL e-mail addresses export to POP3 accounts
We have an Exchange 2003 in a Win 2003 domain. Our clients have POP3 accounts and there are a few of us who have exchange clients. We want to export the GAL to a file or any other format that can be used to be imported from the Outlook POP3 clients so they'll have the latest e-mail addresses of our company. After reading some posts on how to do that I first went to export it from ESM----> Default Global Address List and export. Right? Not really!!! In preview seems allright but when I export the damn thing it just doesn't work.The filter: (& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCate...

Outlook Client cannot assign Mails to CRM User, SYSTEM is used ins
Hi Everybody. We've got CRM 3.0 running in a stable state. One annoying thing is that if an email is recieved by an Outlook Client and it's going to be tracked in CRM manually, CRM resolves the username to the CRM "SYSTEM" user. For example i've got my Outlook client running under my account mschymur@domain.com, got an faultless connection to our Exchange Server and recieve an email. When i track that mail manually, becaue it does not belong to an CRM created tracking Number, e.g. it's an question from a customer, then that email will occur in the assigned con...

displaying mail from different e-mail address
Does anyone have any experience in displaying mail from various e-mail accounts on the main page of outlook? I can't figure out which mail is comming from my various POP 3 Accounts... Please advise. -THANKS! Use Field Chooser to add the Email Account field to the view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pable" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115ed01c441ae$7fe203d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any experience in displaying mail from > various e-mail accounts on the main page of outlook? I > can't figure out which mail ...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

SMTPreg.vbs eventsink blokking vital system mail replication
Hi I have a problem with an eventsink, I have three exchange 2003 servers, each sitting in its own routing group called inner, outer and middel RG, mail sendt from the inner server must be logged and blocked if not sendt from a valid email klient, so what is done is that all mail sendt from the inner server must travel through the middle server and the eventsink is instaleld on the middle server. this works just fine, mail gets blocked. But since what triggers the eventsink is absence of an outlook addon, all system mail sendt between the three servers gets blocked. I need to let system mail b...

Changing Mail Format to HTML/Plain Text Doesn't "Stick"
I am having trouble with about 30% of the people I send e-mail with attachments to. If I manually force plain text (usually HTML is not an option) by changing the Internet Format property on the e-mail address, the attachments always come through. However, the default property seems to always be to let Outlook decide the best format (which must be RTF and people can't receive). Via Options/Mail Format, I have "Compose in this message format" defaulted to HTML. In Internet Format, I have Outlook Rich Text Options set to "Convert to HTML format". I've tried "Co...