Event ID:           929

Date:                9/21/2004

Time:                1:15:24 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         EXCHANGE

Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1940 Process location:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=IST external
mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First
Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=IST,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=istafrica,DC=com Hr:80040920
Attribute:[]

If I look in my active directory sites and services I find 2 SMTP
connections. Shouldn’t this be just one (I had 2 exchange servers during the
migration, but it’s only one now).

I have already tried the following;

Details

Product:
 Exchange

ID:
 929

Source:
 MSExchangeTransport

Version:
 6.5.6940.0

Component:
 Microsoft Exchange Transport

Message:
 Failed in reading Connector's DS InfoProcess Id: <id>Process location:

Explanation

This event can occur when the Exchange 2000 Server is unable to read the
specified attribute (for example, msExchTargetBridgeheadServersDN) from
Active Directory. There could be several causes for this problem, such as the
following:

An old server that has been decommissioned is still in Active Directory.
The domain controller/global catalog that Exchange 2000 Server is
communicating with may have obsolete information due to domain controller
replication issues.

User Action

Check Active Directory and ensure that any non-existent servers are removed.
Verify the domain controller replication and make sure that the domain
controller that is being used by this Exchange 2000 server has valid
information.

As well as;

Running dcdiag all tests pass except:

Starting test: frsevent

    There are warning or error events within the last 24 hours after the

    SYSVOL has been shared.  Failing SYSVOL replication problems may cause

    Group Policy problems.

(please give me a hint how to solve this). I don’t think this is in relation
to the error though.

The error repeats itself in the error log every hour….

(it drives me nuts’ I’ve spent 3 full days on it now). I removed one of the
connections and that crashed my smtp. Reinstalled smtp and reinstalled
exchange. Still no luck.

Regards,
Pratik
0
Pratik (3)

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

Saving a password for an Exchange mailbox
Hello everybody, Outlook keeps asking me for my password when I log in to my Exchange server - I would like to save the password, though, and have Outlook log me in automatically. I presume this is possible because it works fine with my pop accounts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Oliver What is the authentication type set under your Exchange server properties? Have you tried talking to your Exchange Admin about the password problem? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) viru...

Exporting Exchange Data from Outlook
Hello I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. I am simply moving from one organisation to another. What is the best method? Thanks in advance. Prakash prakash@logicalmicro.com Prak wrote: > Hello > I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. > I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server > so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. > I am simply moving from one organisation to another. > What is the best method? > T...

How do I print out more than one coupon in publisher? #2
I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per page. My coupon has a front and backside. Hope can help. Are you asking how to print a two sided coupon or how to put more than one coupon on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tcmb" <tcmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50A2C74-B5F5-4A55-8D15-325F9A401663@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print out coupons in publisher but don't want just one per > page. My coupon has a front and backside. > Hope can help. Determine the size of your coupon,...

comparing two columns? #2
I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help? Hi Steve Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:7fe142636f88...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Reinstall Exchange 2003 on Same Server
We have multiple problems on a current Windows 2003 Server (also a DC - will DCPROMO down first and wait for replication) with Exchange 2003; therefore, we would like to reinstall the OS on this server. **** The errors are related to an application we previously had installed on this server and no longer have.**** Anyhow, after the reinstall of the OS, we will put back Exchange 2003 DB (priv & pub files). Is there a proper high-level process you guys can tell me in how to approach this procedure? Thank you. you will need to use /DisasterRecovery switch http://www.msexchange....

"Server Busy" error
Sometimes when I try to do a function wher Money needs to fetch something on the web I get a dialog box like this: SERVER BUSY This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. SWITCH RETRY If I hit Switch, it only brings up the START menu. If I get Retry, it does nothing. I have no programs running in the background. When this happens I have to kill money with the task manager. Any ideas? Please mail to @JAIME_EMMANUELLI@Hotmail.COM (remove the @ before JAIME) if you can. -Jaime ...

New Exchange Server from an Old One
I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping to just move all of the mailboxes and what not to the new server. Is there a easy way to do this? If so, what are the steps? Move all the user mailboxes with movemailbox, then: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309A5FA3-AE27-4C88-AB81-68E14EAA6063@microsoft.com... >I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a > VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping ...

Exchange Migration to another domain
Hello, We need to migrate everything from one domain to another. Old domain is based on win2000 and Exchange 2000. New domain has new win2003 domain controller and it's also Exchange2003. I am trying to use ADMT 2.0 and it's working fine for moving user accounts, servers, but can i move mailboxes and public folders? It did not work for me. Is there document describing moving Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 in another domain? Thank you -- Ilya You are doing a Inter-org migration so you'll need to use the Migration wizard. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328871 Nue "ILYA...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

print options #2
how i move my printing around to print on one page? Highlight the area you want printed, click on File...Print Area...Set Print Area. Go to File...Print.....in the print range area force it to 1 one page. "andrew a" wrote: > how i move my printing around to print on one page? ...

GainsKeeper #2
GainsKeeper is well worth while the $s it cost for me. Handled wash sales, options, pre and post May sales well. I import directly into it from my brokers rather than from Money. Hank ...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

Inventory Reconcile #2
We just upgraded from Great Plains 6.0 to GP 7.5 and plan to upgrade to 9.0 in the next few months. In GP6.0 the Inventory Reconcile process would general run from beginning to end in about 5 hours, since we upgraded to GP7.5 the Inventory Reconcile process now takes over 48 hours. Any idea what might have changed or what we might look at? Thanks Definitely looks like you'll need some SQL optimization for this one. Re-indexing the inventory tables may be a solution. You would be best to find a competent Infrastructure/GP Partner to help you with this. If you can't locate on...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Exchange 2000 and OpenRelay
Hi Everybody, I would like to know to be sure that my exchange 2000 server isn't an openrelay. Thank for Help Regards Franck V. This article goes over how several methods to validate using telnet test, and verifying smtp settings. How to block open SMTP relaying and clean up Exchange Server SMTP queues in Windows Small Business Server http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324958 James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 20, 10:43 am, "Franck V" <franck.velayou...@insight.com> wrote: > Hi Everybody, > > I would like t...

Linked Servers
I would like to create two linked servers to the same data source. The first linked server has fairly open access to the database. The second linked server will have limited access to the database (readonly on one view). The two Linked Servers would be configured to access the database through different logins on the source server with different access to the same database. The first Linked Server works fine. I can't seem to configure a second linked server to the same datasource, even if I define the Server type as another data source. How can I create two linked s...

footnote #2
Is there any way to do a footnote in excel? ...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...