Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003

I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD
converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the
requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving
test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the
next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I
could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but
even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged
with a bad pw/username error when I attempt to login; and my consultant said
that I wouldn't be able to do that. The consultant is temporarily
unavailable, so I'm experimenting with other solutions. Next, I've tried
adding a new AD account for the prospective enduser, assuming I could
re-attach the moved box to that new account. Apparently the box is still tied
to the moved account, so I've used the "Remove Exchange Attributes" option to
clear the box from the old/moved account. Then, after executing a "Run
Mailbox Cleanup" routine in Exchange System Mgr, I am able to connect the
moved box to the new account.

This process seems to work, but seems combersome, when I have a moved
account sitting right in my "55MAILSERVER"-RECIP folder in AD Users. So, my
question are: Why can't I simply enable the account that has been moved to
the AD side and then log into it?

If not, is my solution of moving the boxes, removing exchange attributes,
then reconnecting the best practice???
Thank you all in advance.
Dave
0
krexroth (4)

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

BACS reports and listings and comment box
Please could we have the BACS status report and the comment box back on the Print cheques function? The BACS status report was used by many clients as a verification and printed for signature of confirmation that the BACS file was accurate and approved. As there is no other approval on this process and the text file is not encrypted in any way this provided a useful back-up. The comments box on the Cheque Printing window was used to enter a comment referring to when the payment would clear the payees bank account. There is now no feature for being able to include this text as part of...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Why do categories disappear from emails when I move them fom the .
I am tagging emails with categories, sometimes using rules to do so as they arrive, but when I move them from the inbox to a different folder, the category sometimes disappears. I don't know why some do and others don't. I have removed the clear all categories rule (think this was a default setting). Ideas? Version of Outlook? What type of email account? Is the category actually being removed or is color or other highlighting set by the category disappearing? If you are using Views to highlight categorized items and change folders, the view needs to be applied to th...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Combo box determine subform
I have a form with combo box WoDefId I have approxs 300-400 options to choose from for WoDefId in my combo box. I have a separate table(PMLink) setup with columns LinkNo (autonumber),WodefId(text),Linkform(text). What I am trying to do is select 1 of the 300 Options in my combo and use that value to open the subform. The LinkForm column will contain up to 50+ different subform names of which I only want the selected one to become visible on my main form. I am sitting here with a mental block on the easiest way to code this. Ideas? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Stuff your mail box full of money!!! (Really!!!)
$$$$$ NEED MONEY RIGHT NOW? $$$$$ GUARANTEED-you WILL have $7,000+++ IN TWO WEEKS. ONLY WITH A $5 INVESTMENT, 1 HOUR OF WORK and NO MAILING LISTS "GIFTING CLUB" PLEASE READ TO FIND OUT HOW! If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand the MLM program I am sharing with you. NO, it is Not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to spend $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, e...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Christmas lights macro #5
Thank you very much for your assistance. It works well -- pmolse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pmolsen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1511 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26744 ...

Printing every other page in publisher 2003
I am trying to make flash cards for the CPA exam. I have made a few hundred using the two page format. Now I want to print them and I only have a bubble jet so I cant print on both sides. I have made my custom page size and all that jazz so it works well enough to print on the 3x5 cards. My problem is I can't print every other page (just the fronts) then again for the backs. Is this even possible because I have tried everything. On Dec 21, 8:44=A0am, MikelPo...@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to make flash cards for the CPA exam. =A0I have made a few > hundred using the two page...

delete records in subform if combo box changes
I have a form called f4Project. It has a subform called f4ProjUnitSub (continuous subform). If the combobox called SiteID, in the f4Project form is changed. I would like all records in the subform field called UnitID, that correspond with the main forms SiteID to be deleted. SiteID is a secondary key so it will not cascade delete. This way the user will need to choose the UnitID that belongs to the new SiteID. -- deb found the information... see below Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strSQL As String Set cmd = New ADODB.Command cmd.ActiveConnection = CurrentProjec...

Supress Error Message Box
Is there a way to supress the following warning when clicking on a hyperlink? Microsoft Office Access Opening "hyperlink address" "Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data..." 1) Store the hyperlink as a text value rather than a hyperlink 2) Go to mvps.org/access and find the ShellExecute API 3) Import the API code and pass the URL to the API hth -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work." -Thomas Edison (1847-1931) "Kedd123"...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

How do I grab data from every tenth row of a 5,000 row spreadsheet???
At work, we're doing a poll of 500 people, and we've got a list of 5,000 = potential people to contact in a vast, 5,000-row Microsoft Excel=20 spreadsheet. =20 Is there a way to run a query or a macro or something that will=20 automatically go in and select every tenth row on this document and=20 either erase the intervening rows and move all the remaining to the=20 top, and/or copy the contents of every tenth row into a new document=20 (but without nine blank rows between each row?) =20 We're using Microsoft Excel v.X on Mac OS X Jaguar. =20 Most of what we do is graphic desig...

How can I copy/move my emails from GMail to Office Live ?
Hi, Anyone has tips on how to do this ? I am using IMAP with GMail. Using WLM, I have tried moving the emails (using "move to folder") from gmail to my office live account, but I get errors if I copy "many" emails. I have tried copying all my gmail emails to a storage folder but the process is always interrupted. GMail (business) accounts have migration tools, I wish that Office Live had the same features !! Etienne. Office Live is a web service for sharing and creating Office documents... Do you wish to upload messages to Office Live ? -- ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

List Box format Question
Is it possible to code a list box if 7th Column shows "e" then that line turns yellow?? Thanks for any help...............Bob [lstModify].[column](6)="e" then color Yellow Not with versions of Access earlier than A2007. Listboxes have only a single set of properties but I think you can alternate row colors with A2007. I don't think you can highlight specific rows, you'd need to check. "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:uvkUWF1bIHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to code a list box if 7th Column shows "...

Checks in Money 2003 #2
How can i print out the bank name and the bank account number ? In microsoft.public.money, clara wrote: >How can i print out the bank name and the bank account >number ? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. ...