Connect Exchjange 2003 to Internet to Get Incoming Mail

Hi All,
I have Exchange 2003, I use it internaly in my LAN but I do not have any
real IP to publish it, so I can Send from my client - outlook - that is
configured with my Exchange Server 2003, but of course I cannot receive from
Internet via my Exchange Server.
So, I have to configure my mail client using POP3 to collect my Incoming
e-mails from outside server that's of my ISP or open Web Interface of this
web server to get my incoming mail messages.
So, I'd like to configure my Exchange Server to collect these incoming
messages and all of my clients only be configured with the exchange server
itself to send and receive - Not to use my Exchange to send and Use my ISP
server as Incoming mail server -.
I'd to keep all my clients configured with only Microsoft Exhange Server as
Server type not POP3 or IMAP or ...etc

Thanx alot

Here is a great article that will explain everything, post back if you have
any questions.

John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Exchange MVP 2006
Microsoft Certified Partner

"Mahmoud Metwally Ali" <MahmoudMetwallyAli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:6E1EA743-B533-4E6F-8B37-CBD8284DFF22@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I have Exchange 2003, I use it internaly in my LAN but I do not have any
> real IP to publish it, so I can Send from my client - outlook - that is
> configured with my Exchange Server 2003, but of course I cannot receive
> from
> Internet via my Exchange Server.
> So, I have to configure my mail client using POP3 to collect my Incoming
> e-mails from outside server that's of my ISP or open Web Interface of this
> web server to get my incoming mail messages.
> So, I'd like to configure my Exchange Server to collect these incoming
> messages and all of my clients only be configured with the exchange server
> itself to send and receive - Not to use my Exchange to send and Use my ISP
> server as Incoming mail server -.
> I'd to keep all my clients configured with only Microsoft Exhange Server
> as
> Server type not POP3 or IMAP or ...etc
>

> Thanx alot

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
9/13/2006 7:21:17 PM
Hi Mahoud,

POP3 connectors are an unreliable solution that is fraught with problems.
http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/smtp_basics.asp has a lot of great
information for you.

"Mahmoud Metwally Ali" <MahmoudMetwallyAli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:6E1EA743-B533-4E6F-8B37-CBD8284DFF22@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I have Exchange 2003, I use it internaly in my LAN but I do not have any
> real IP to publish it, so I can Send from my client - outlook - that is
> configured with my Exchange Server 2003, but of course I cannot receive
> from
> Internet via my Exchange Server.
> So, I have to configure my mail client using POP3 to collect my Incoming
> e-mails from outside server that's of my ISP or open Web Interface of this
> web server to get my incoming mail messages.
> So, I'd like to configure my Exchange Server to collect these incoming
> messages and all of my clients only be configured with the exchange server
> itself to send and receive - Not to use my Exchange to send and Use my ISP
> server as Incoming mail server -.
> I'd to keep all my clients configured with only Microsoft Exhange Server
> as
> Server type not POP3 or IMAP or ...etc
>

> Thanx alot

0
missy7886 (112)

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

Getting the incident id
Hello, I need to fetch the unique ID associated with a case by using the ticket number. The SDK offers a solution by which we can use the CRMQuery class and passing the incident id and ticket number in the fetch XML. But this is a time consuming and tedious procedure. We need to compare each and every result fetched to get the incident id. Is there any other way to directly query based on the ticket number and get the incident id. Due to the slow performance and overhead of performing simple queries thru the SDK we do direct queries against the database. We have added our own cus...

e-mail inbox dumps when send/receive actioned
When hitting send/receive my e-mail inbox dumps. This problem occures on either windows or outlook. If prior to sending/receiving, e-mail is transfered to other folders the problem does not exist. Error message? Outlook version? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Ian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:250b01c47deb$5c49e630$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When hitting send/receive my e-mail inbox dumps. This >...

Publisher 2003-remove margins
I'm running Publisher 2003 and am new to it but am familiar with most other major graphics apps. My question is this: if I set my paper up to 8.5x11 landscape and design my tri-fold to go all the way to the edge of the artboard, do a print preview, it cuts the edge off. It's as if there's a set margin that it's not letting me print in. Is there not a way to create a publication to full bleed in this app like I can in Illustrator? Thanks for any help! Buster Does your printer allow full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Blankman" <none@micro...

help: Installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 over WSS
And now I can't access the Business Portal or my old WSS sites. We're running Microsoft Business Portal for Great Plains on top of WSS 2.0. Today I installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 without first reading the migration guide (stupid of me). Now I can't get the old WSS sites or the Business Portal site to load. I created a new virtual server for the Sharepoint Portal Server before installing it and I believe the Sharepoint Portal created a new MSDE database so it didn't wipe out the old SHAREPOINT MSDE database. I need to get the Microsoft Business Portal and the old WSS ...

KB917422, get error code 0x80080008
when i search in add/remove programs the program is not there...how do i fix this problem or do I just go ahead and reinstall it as is? I'm not very puter illeterate and can use some help here? -- Theresaft Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Windows XP Service Pack 1) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What problem? KB917422 was released years ago (i.e., 08 August 2006). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com theresaft wrote: > when i search in add/remov...

Outbound e-mail queues on our front-end Exchange 2003 server
Here is my company's config: 1 - Front-end exchange 2003 enterprise w/ SP2 server running on Windows 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition. 1 - Back-end exchange 2003 enterprise w/ SP2 server running on Windows 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition. The front-end server services HTTP/S requests as well and POP3 and IMAP4 and acts as an SMTP relay for all incoming email. The back-end server host ALL of our mailboxes and is supposed to be sending all of our outbound email via smarthost to Postini (our SPAM provider). 99.99% of our outbound email is routed and delivered no problem, but everyday I see...

Importing contacts and e-mail from Entourage to outlook
Hello, Does anyone know how to import e-mail and contacts etc from Entourage into Outlook? Just want to import stuff from work (which is all Mac) to home (on a PC) and I'm hoping that there is a way cos I don't want to loose it all! Thanks for your help. Ak I've been trying to export from my Mac to my Palm and then from the Palm to my PC... So far it hasn't worked. ...

Reinstall Exchange 2003 on Same Server
We have multiple problems on a current Windows 2003 Server (also a DC - will DCPROMO down first and wait for replication) with Exchange 2003; therefore, we would like to reinstall the OS on this server. **** The errors are related to an application we previously had installed on this server and no longer have.**** Anyhow, after the reinstall of the OS, we will put back Exchange 2003 DB (priv & pub files). Is there a proper high-level process you guys can tell me in how to approach this procedure? Thank you. you will need to use /DisasterRecovery switch http://www.msexchange....

Unbudgeted income???
So, I set up my budget with my income categories and my expenses categories that I wanted and I get approximately $700 left over. When I click "next" and get to the "savings goals" screen, it says I have $2800 to spend or save. I wish. What is going on? I've reviewed all my income and zero'd out those categories I do not wish to have, but to no avail...I've also deleted those categories from my budget, but still no go... Jason I have no idea what is wrong. When my budget gives me weird numbers, I look at the Annual Budget report which shows every income...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

WinXP-Internet gateway blocking internet access
Win XP Media Center Edition SP2 Comcast - ISP Linksys wireless router My friend has this problem. He cannot access the internet from the desktop PC (above). It is wire connected to the router. IPCONFIG returns proper addressing 10.10.10.101; gateway 10.10.10.1 The 2 other systems in his house are wireless to the Linksys router and work just fine. a PING to www.yahoo.com just times out. PING to 10.10.10.2 shows 4 successes. In network connections I noticed that the Internet Gateway is present. The "delete" is greyed out. Could this be causing the problem since...

I am able to send mail but unable to receive. Help
Hi, I am able to send email messages but people said that they have sent me messages but i'm unable to receive them. I am using Outlook 2003. Please help. Do you receive any error messages when you try to receive mail? "Aruna" <Aruna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB25EB89-FEA3-4BCA-91AF-5FB26D284C32@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am able to send email messages but people said that they have sent > me > messages but i'm unable to receive them. I am using Outlook 2003. Please > help. No, I don't. I just don't see any mail in my ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Stuff your mail box full of money!!! (Really!!!)
$$$$$ NEED MONEY RIGHT NOW? $$$$$ GUARANTEED-you WILL have $7,000+++ IN TWO WEEKS. ONLY WITH A $5 INVESTMENT, 1 HOUR OF WORK and NO MAILING LISTS "GIFTING CLUB" PLEASE READ TO FIND OUT HOW! If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand the MLM program I am sharing with you. NO, it is Not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to spend $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, e...

Outlook 2000, doesnt get email unless you *open* an email
Weird issue, Only happening on one machine. Outlook 2000 in a windows 2000 domain, exchange server etc. Mail works, send recv button doesnt seem to do anything, tools send / recv does nothing as well it will sit like that for hours, if I open an email or an attachment, the new mail comes right in. It then goes back to not getting any mail I played with settings, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted mail profile, created new one, rebooted etc I'm at a loss, any ideas? Thanks in advance -Ron iasonn@gmail.com <iasonn@gmail.com> wrote: > Only happening on one machine. O...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Cannot get ">>" to precede original message in HTML
Outlook 2003 I would like to have ">>" precede the text of the original message I am replying to while in HTML format. I have gone to TOOLS>OPTIONS>EMAIL OPTIONS and have chosen to prefix all lines of original messages with ">>". The thumbnail picture changes to reflect the change took place, but I still just a vertical blue bar to the left of the document when I try to reply. If I insert reply text in between line of the original text, there is nothing that distinguishes it from the original. Any help would be great! Thanks. the >> are ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

Configure smart host to handle ALL e-mail?
We are currently trying to move all e-mail accounts from one Exchange 2000 server in a broken AD to another Exchange 2000 server in a new, healthy AD. We plan on doing this by migratng accounts one by one to the new server. As this will take several days, we are using a Sendmail server to route inbound messages to whichever server each receiving account resides. Because we are counting on Sendmail to route the messages, we want ALL e-mail, including same-domain e-mail, to route through the Sendmail server. We have configured it as a smart host, but we are only getting out-of-domain outboun...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...